Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

GEJ VS GMB: Where Does Soyinka Stand? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ VS GMB: Where Does Soyinka Stand? (593 Views)

GMB Where Is Your Body Language? / GMB, Where Are Your Igbo And Niger Delta Campaign Attires? / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GEJ VS GMB: Where Does Soyinka Stand? by dein77(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
I really need to know. I'm a keen admirer of the person of Soyinka. He's been a relentless critic of our government. He's been doing that for decades. He's a clog on the wheel of bad governance and corruption.

But in recent times, I'm getting a bit confused on whose side he's on, as par the forthcoming elections. He's created some kind of confusion amongst his ardent followers, or at least, to me.

Recently I read an article where cchronicled the many sins of GMB. He really did a good job on that article. As a matter of fact, that article informed me more on Buhari than any other article or book. He plainly crucified Buhari. In that article, Buhari shouldn't even be considered. He called Buhari the worst dictator after Abacha.

Now, it's about the ineffective and slow leadership style of GEJ. He gave reasons why GEJ is equally a bad option. His recent article on GEJ is in the public domain.

The question be say; which side is he? Sitting on the fence at this critical point of our national life is petty and selfish. So much confusion these days!
Re: GEJ VS GMB: Where Does Soyinka Stand? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
dein77:
I really need to know. I'm a keen admirer of the person of Soyinka. He's been a relentless critic of our government. He's been doing that for decades. He's a clog on the wheel of bad governance and corruption.

But in recent times, I'm getting a bit confused on whose side he's on, as par the forthcoming elections. He's created some kind of confusion amongst his ardent followers, or at least, to me.

Recently I read an article where cchronicled the many sins of GMB. He really did a good job on that article. As a matter of fact, that article informed me more on Buhari than any other article or book. He plainly crucified Buhari. In that article, Buhari shouldn't even be considered. He called Buhari the worst dictator after Abacha.

Now, it's about the ineffective and slow leadership style of GEJ. He gave reasons why GEJ is equally a bad option. His recent article on GEJ is in the public domain.

The question be say; which side is he? Sitting on the fence at this critical point of our national life is petty and selfish. So much confusion these days!

you have refused to read between the lines of his comment . he made a very obvious point that made that thread to get the much response a person of his caliber would normally get on such comments. go back and read again.

ā€œSo Iā€™m saying Nigerians should be
prepared to deal with any new
betrayals by any ruler with the same
kind of passion, commitment and
understanding of a lack of alternative
as they did with Sani Abacha, because
we cannot continue this cycle of
repetitious evil and irresponsibility
.ā€

do you need help in analyzing the above comment of his?
Re: GEJ VS GMB: Where Does Soyinka Stand? by PapiWata: 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
Yes I have to agree that while Wole Soyinka has done the usual yeoman's job of exposing Buhari as the hypocritical thieving tyrant that he has been all along, Kongi does dwell a tad too much on his quibbles with incumbent President Gooodluck Jonathan, almost as though to imply that there is no point voting at all on election day, since BOTH presidential candidates are absolutely unworthy of assuming the office.

President Jonathan's government has resurfaced more miles of highway than all previous federal administrations that have existed since Nigeria's 1960 independence. This rejuvenation of the federal road network DIRECTLY saves lives by the thousands every year. The journey from Benin to the Lagos Expressway, which for many past years could take as long as 12 hours, can now be cruised in under 3 hours on smooth open Autobahn-style highway of the sort consistently promised but never delivered by all previous presidents.

Considering electrical power, that other KEY index of national economic survival, huge swathes of Nigeria, previously languishing in total darkness for months and years on end BEFORE Jonathan Goodluck assumed office, are connected to a national electrical power grid that actually works, providing power for more hours per week than at any time over the past 30 years.

Rather than keep his complaints about Jonathan Goodluck to general recommendations for improvement on all fronts during his coming second term in office, Wole Soyinka has placed a bit too much emphasis on identifying where changes are needed, while paying scant attention to the enormous feats of economy-boosting development that have been completed and put to public use by Jonathan Goodluck, with so little fanfare.

Lighten up, Kongi, if you are reading this. More to the point, light one up, kick back on your front porch, and let the world turn as it will.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Proof That APC Is Islamic Party Aka Boko Haram! Must See Video!!! / B -R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Fleeing Boko Haram Calls For Ceasefire. / ABIA : Don't Allow Politicians Use You, Orji Advises Clerics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.