Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor (34622 Views)

Revealed: Why Ambode Sacked Commissioners - Vanguard / 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos / Breaking News: The Next Lagos State Governor Confirmed (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by Change2015(m): 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
Yet again, the initiative is snatched away from the incompetent pdp. I am truly touched by this and can only imagine the expectations of the Chibok parents who have waited long enough for signs that someone is still listening,and their children are not forgotten. Jonathan has been challenged severally to do this and to date, he has declined. His loss, and his shame. Buhari will lead the way.

#change
#GMB
#APC

12 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by Topeakintola: 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
Chiaka:

You mean Sad Buhari.!!! sure we know he is sad. loosing forth try already for sure.......
Law of 'you will never enter a vehicle you destroyed at work' he truncated democracy in Nigeria yester years in a desperate coup. Its only fair that he will never rule Nigeria as a democratic leader.

English please

2 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by tit(f): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
the coward general did not visit chibok!
he has no balls.
his attempt at bragadaccio was squeezed by majors aminu and dasuki when they chased him out of dodan barracks!

5 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by obatala15(m): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Same question we asked Jonathan when he went early this year, why is he just going?
Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by wemmieslim(f): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Chiaka:

You mean Sad Buhari.!!! sure we know he is sad. loosing forth try already for sure.......
Law of 'you will never enter a vehicle you destroyed at work' he truncated democracy in Nigeria yester years in a desperate coup. Its only fair that he will never rule Nigeria as a democratic leader.

Chiaka:

Okay....,
Sai Buhari tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by gbadexy(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Now that there is a leader. he is leading from the front.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by Chiaka(f): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
Topeakintola:

English please

Was my write up in Efik Language funny you
Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
Much respect to the General of the People.

Saluting GMB since 1649.

10 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by mikolo80: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
niceprof:
hmmm who is trying to fool who.I left Maiduguri Dec 2013.People like us know better.Let the wise be wiser,and let fools continue to be foolish.

Out of the ten virgins,five were adjudged foolish.I rest my case.
whats your point

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
This is our next President.

13 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
When will APC stop this fake propaganda? He visited Chibok and had no photographer with him abi? Ok, continue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by rusher14: 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
Chiaka:

....and you think GMB can bring that change. . Maybe might stop boko, because he is their man. After all they ones picked him
to negotiate on their behalf. As for transforming Nigeria Nope. What GMB fought in his 18 months of rule was 'war against
Indiscipline' and not corruption.
Whereby soldiers were all over town terrorising, embarrassing and flogging grown ups for not queue, even
children were not left out. I was then in primary school. Perhaps you were not born then. People were
living in fear and terror. That's not leadership but terrorism.

He fought corruption by forcefully accusing and terrorising innocent politicians. I remember
the case of pa Awolowo.
and for the 18 months he ruled before he was ousted by a coup, the same way he gained power,
no economic milestone was achieved in Nigeria by him. So I wonder what magic you think he will perform.
Not to argue too much with you but what landmarks did Jonathan leave in Bayelsa before becoming president of Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by MalcoImX: 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
Mykevp2p:
When will APC stop this fake propaganda? He visited Chibok and had no photographer with him abi? Ok, continue
Is true ooo! Naij.com too is reporting it.
http://www.naij.com/386761-buhari-unexpectedly-visits-home-town-of-chibok-girls.html
God bless the general.
#SaiBuhari
Mods Front Page pls.

5 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by doctokwus: 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2015
Pls this news has been categorically denied by the campaign team.I thought as much with no pics.
Anyone putting out news shd have it confirmed.Buhari does not need anyone creating false PR for him.He already has enuf support without some moles trying to tarnish his image by creating false visits.
Sai buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by anonimi: 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
This is our next President.

Depending on who and who are contained in the word - our- it may just be possible grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by OgologoDimkpa: 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
Nonsense?
Buhari knows the whole story about Chibok girls! Whether there was a kidnapp or not.He knew the whole story.
There is nothing knew.

GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by john124(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
NORTH FEARS REVOCATION OF OIL WELL LICENCE, WANTS JONATHAN TO BE REMOVED AT ALL COST.

on February 4, 2015 | 0 Comment
News SNN OPINION

AMID a raging debate on the Petroleum Industry
Bill, Chairman of the Senate Committee on
Business and Rules, Senator Ita Enang, on
Wednesday, said that 83 per cent of oil blocks in
the country are owned by Northerners.
“There should be equity and federal character in
the allocation of oil blocks in this country. Eighty-
three per cent of all present oil blocks are held by
northerners,” Enang said on the floor of the
Senate, without any of the senior lawmakers
contradicting him.
Enang, representing Akwa Ibom North-East (Uyo)
Senatorial District, therefore demanded a review of
oil block licences in the country even as other
senators from the South urged him on.
Enang’s disclosures came a day after the debate
on the Petroleum Industry Bill had split the
senators along North-South lines. The senators
held a rowdy session as those from the north
stoutly opposed the provision of 10 per cent Host
Community Fund in the bill.
The provision requires operating companies in the
Niger Delta, home to Nigeria’s vast oil resource,
to pay 10 per cent of their net profits to the fund
for the development of the communities.
Strengthening his submission, Senator Enang
gave a summary of major oil blocks vis-a-vis
their ownership.
Enang said Cavendish Petroleum, the operators of
OML 110, awarded to Alhaji Mai Deribe of Borno
State (North East), makes an average of about
N4bn monthly.
He said, “Seplat/Platform Petroleum, operators of
the ASUOKPU/UMUTU marginal field has Prince
Sanusi Lamido (not former CBN Governor) as a
major
shareholder and Director.
“South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO), was
established by Gen. Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma,
who is also the Chairman of ENI Nigeria Limited.
SAPETRO partnered with Total Upstream Nigeria
Limited (TUPNI) and Brasoil Oil Services Company
Nigeria Lomited to become operators of the OPL
“AMNI International Petroleum and Development
Company is owned by Alhaji (Colonel) Sani Bello
of Kotangora, Niger State. They are operators of
OML 112 and OML 117.
“A former Petroleum minister and former OPEC
chairman, Rilwanu Lukman, another northerner,
manages AMNI oil blocks and with very key
interests in the NNPC/Vitol trading deal.
“Oriental Energy Resources Limited, a company
owned by Alhaji Indimi, runs three oil blocks:
OML 15, the Okwok field and the Ebok field.
“Alhaji Aminu Dantata’s Express Petroleum and
Gas Limited operates OML 108.
“OML 113 allocated to Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum
Limited is owned by Alhaji. W.I. Folawiyo.
“OPL 291 was awarded to Starcrest Energy Nigeria
Limited, owned by Emeka Offor, which was sold
by Starcrest to Addax Petroleum. Emeka Offor still
has a stake in Addax operations in Nigeria.
“Mike Adenuga’s Conoil is the oldest indigenous
oil exploration industry in Nigeria with six oil
blocks;
“Alhaji Saleh Mohammed Gambo’s North East
Petroleum Limited is the holder of the OPL 215
licence. NOREASTER Petroleum was awarded
blocks OPL 276 and OPL 283 and closing
thereupon a Joint Venture Agreement with
Centrica Resources Nigeria Limited and CCC Oil
and Gas.
“INTEL is owned by (Abubakar) Atiku, Yar’Adua
and Ado Bayero and has substantial stakes in
Nigeria’s oil exploration industry, both in Nigeria
and Sao Tome and Principe.
“These need to be looked into, revoked and re-
awarded. The Federal Character which is a
principle applicable in every aspect of our national
existence should also be brought to bear in the
application of our oil blocks, marginal fields and
prospecting licences.”
Enang’s disclosures came amid a consensus
among the lawmakers on the need to let the bill
sail through second reading, while further
legislative work would take care of the
contentious issues.
Enang, who spoke in support of the PIB, also
argued for the retention of the 10 per cent host
community fund, adding that it did not amount to
an additional derivation.
Speaking also in favour of the bill, Senator Chris
Anyanwu (Imo East) said the bill would address
the issue of corruption in the oil sector
http://supremenewsng.com/news/north-fears-revocation-of-oil-well-licence-wants-jonathan-to-be-removed-at-all-cost/

2 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by kingthreat(m): 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
Nonsense?
Buhari knows the whole story about Chibok girls! Whether there was a kidnapp or not.He knew the whole story.
There is nothing knew.

GEJ till 2019!!!

True but also no one can decipher the height of your stupidity. Its so astonishing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by john124(m): 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
I AGREE A 100% WITH SENATOR CHRIS ANYANWU ON THE 10%
HOST COMMUNITY FUND.
IT'S AN EMBARRASSMENT ON OUR CONSCIENCE THAT THIS HAS TO BE A SUBJECT OF DEBATE. COMMON SENSE

IF THE NORTH, SPECIFICALLY, THE OIL WELL LICENSE OWNERS ARE AFRAID OF THE LICENCE REVOCATION AT THIS PERIOD IN TIME;
I WOULD CALL A LACK OF BUSINESS INSIGHT.
I WOULD CALL THEM BUSINESS MEN IN DELIRIUM,
SLEEPING ON THEIR BUSINESS FORECAST AND TAKING THE PEOPLE FOR GRANTED.

HERE ARE MY REASONS; A CHILD HAVE CARETAKERS CONTROL HIS ESTATE UNTIL HE GROWS UP, BECOMES AN ADULT AND ABLE TO HANDLE THAT WHICH IS HIS.

NIGER DELTA OIL BELONGS AND ALWAYS BELONGED TO NIGER DELTA WHERE GOD PLACED THAT RESOURCE, BUT BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T MATURE ENOUGH AT THE TIME OF THAT DISCOVERY HAD STRANGERS PLUNDER THAT WHICH BELONGED TO THEM AND NIGERIA.

NIGER DELTANS AND THE SOUTH ARE NOW AWARE AND KINDLY ASKING TO SHARE (NOT TOTALLY TAKE OVER EVERYTHING) AND SOMEBODY IS AFRAID OF WHAT NOW?

AND DID DANJUMA HAVE THE EFFRONTERY TO ASK FOR THE ARREST OF THE YOUNG MEN ASKING FOR WHAT IS THEIRS; (I AM WITH TOMPOLO IN DEMANDING FOR AN OFFICIAL APOLOGY FROM DANJUMA OR OTHERWISE........)

IF DANJUMA IS A SAVVY AND JUST BUSINESS MAN, WOULD ANYONE TELL HIM TO MAKE HAPPY THE PEOPLE, WHOSE WEALTH HE HAS PLUNDERED OVER THE YEARS FOR HIS SELFISH ADVANTAGE?

THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT COLONIZED NIGERIA ALONGSIDE MANY OTHER NATIONS AROUND THE WORLD, MADE THEMSELVES HAPPY WITH THEIR HOSTS NATURAL RESOURCES BUT THEY GAVE AT LEAST WESTERN EDUCATION, WHICH TILL DATE IS APPLAUDABLE; THAT THEY KNEW TO GIVE BACK SOMETHING IN EXCHANGE TO TAKING THE PEOPLE'S WEALTH.

NIGERIAN OIL PLUNDERERS SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THIS LESSON FROM BRITAIN AND OTHER COLONIAL MASTERS, TO AT LEAST GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO THOSE THEY REGARDED AS THEIR ECONOMIC SLAVES. SO THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW FOR OCCUPATION AFTER THEIR EXIT.

WELL EVERY COLONIAL MASTER LIKE BRITAIN LEFT WHEN THE PEOPLE DEMANDED THEY DO.
THEREFORE EVERY OIL WELL LICENSE OWNER HAVE TO RELINQUISH THEIR LICENSE BECAUSE THE RIGHTFUL OWNERS OF THE ECONOMIC PROPERTY WANT IT SO.
THEY ARE ASKING FOR NEGOTIATIONS WHICH LEAVES THE FORMER OWNERS IN A GOOD PLACE.

BUT WHOEVER IN WHATEVER UMBRELLA; CALL THEM NORTH, EAST, SOUTH OR WEST THINKS IT WOULD BE OTHERWISE; SHOULD KNOW THAT THERE'S MORE COMING.

THE VERDICT:
YOU WILL REALIZE LIKE SENATOR DANJUMA GOJE THAT TIMES HAVE CHANGED; THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN; YOU EITHER LISTEN TO THEM OR GET RELEGATED TO THE SIDELINE, THEREFORE MUST COMPLY WITH THE NEW CONDITIONS.

I AGREE A 100% WITH SENATOR CHRIS ANYANWU ON THE 10%
HOST COMMUNITY FUND.
IT'S AN EMBARRASSMENT ON OUR CONSCIENCE THAT THIS HAS TO BE A SUBJECT OF DEBATE. COMMON HUMAN SENSE TELLS YOU, YOU FEED THE HANDS THAT LABOR FOR YOU; BUT THIS TIME, IT'S CALLED GIVING BACK TO THE LAND THAT ENRICH YOU.
THE 10% HOST COMMUNITY FUND IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.
WE SHOULD ALL REMEMBER THAT ALL THE MINERALS IN THE NORTH SOLELY BELONG TO THEIR HOST COMMUNITIES.
THEREFORE WE MUST NOT SHIFT FROM THE COMPLETE IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS 10% HOST COMMUNITY PROPOSAL.

FINALLY REVOCATION OF THE PREVIOUS LICENSES IS A DONE DEAL, WITH OR WITHOUT PRESIDENT JONATHAN. THE SOONER THE OIL WELL LICENCE OWNERS ACCEPT THIS, THE BETTER FOR ALL AND SUNDRY.

TO EVERYTHING IN LIFE, THERE'S A BEGINNING AND AN ENDING.
THEIR ECONOMIC OCCUPATION OF THE OIL WEALTH HAD A COMMENCEMENT DATE, AND FORTUNATELY, JUST GOT EXPIRED.
WHAT'S THERE TO FIGHT AND STRUGGLE ABOUT; THE RICHES THEY EM MASSED, ISN'T ENOUGH JUST YET?

THERE SHOULD BE FEDERAL CHARACTER REPRESENTED. WHEREBY, NOT MORE THAN 25% OF OIL BLOCKS GO TO A PARTICULAR REGION. EAST, WEST, NORTH AND SOUTH RESPECTIVELY.

THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS WOULD BE THE BEGINNING OF MOVING NIGERIA FORWARD AS A NATION WHERE ALL THE CITIZENS ARE RESPECTED AND HAVE SENSE OF BELONGING.

ESTHER CHIKERE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by OgologoDimkpa: 4:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
kingthreat:

True but also no one can decipher the height of your stupidity. Its so astonishing.
Your own senility is breath taking embarassed
Will you fuc!k off
Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by OgologoDimkpa: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
tit:
the coward general did not visit chibok!
he has no balls.
his attempt at bragadaccio was squeezed by majors aminu and dasuki when they chased him out of dodan barracks!
Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by saharachic(f): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
truthispainful:

The villagers got emotional and some of them started weeping when the General was getting set to depart for Maiduguri later in the night.

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by ManUtdholic: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
Instead of visiting he should tel his beloved son (Shekau) to release the girls and stop d massacring
Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by gabriel212: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
Engrtemmy:
Buhari visits his own people

--------------------------------------------------

Your DSTV, CCTV or intercom just stopped working? contact me on 07035432286 or BBM: 2B9BC38B and I'll have it fixed.
next time you gat to be neutral coz u have products to advertise. but as it is now ur biz na sorry.
Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by kingthreat(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:

Your own senility is breath taking embarassed
Will you fuc!k off

U see i was right about your stupidity. Senile people are above 70. Do i really sound senileto you?

3 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by ignis: 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
How can a commander be afraid of his battalion?

4 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
temitemi1:
Why waiting till this moment All nah wash grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!
better done than not...let ur oga do same!! Una don almost exhaust una 6weeks o,hope u people are counting sha...
Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by kheart(m): 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
Definition of a true leader

2 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by chemashie(m): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
spott:
I love Buhari I no go lie!

#March4Buhari
I love am pass you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
He should have REMAINED THERE

1 Like

Re: Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor by idupaul: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
False story , Seun kill this thread because its false

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch / Jaja Wachuku Sleeping At A UN Meeting In New York (Photo) / Peter Obi Visits Paul University, Donates N10m (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.