Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,685 members, 7,955,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal (90442 Views)

I Was Blackmailed For Allegedly Putting Ucth Funds In Mmm— Prof. Agan, Cmd / Review On Antenatal And Delivery Experience At St. Luke's Hospital, Sabo-yaba / Genital Shaving: Must We Shave Private Parts? "Glamekizzle" Must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by oweniwe(m): 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
MizyB:

Hi

Hi Bebe Gal....!!...

Thanks for saying Hi to me...!!

From the bottom of my heart, i wish you a lovely weekend....!!... smiley
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by delishpot: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
Drone007:

Misinformation. There's no 'physiological changes' during pregnancy that makes a vagina unattractive and undesirable. Otherwise husbands/men would not be making love to their pregnant wives/mistresses even on the eve of their delivery.
But speaking to the issue at hand, OP has real concerns; and, I am surprised at the responses, even from presumably female respondents. Truth is that some doctors hide behind the veil of professionalism to actually finger (and enjoy it), not just professionally examine women at pregnancies and other times. The answer the OP should be getting is support to ensure that the medical association stands up and enforces the necessary ethical rules guiding such situations.
And, a question: Wives/mistresses, how would you feel to know that during particular procedures, female doctors are allowed to rub, touch and massage your husband/boyfriend's joysticks ---in a private environment where it's only the two that are preswent?
Let's discuss maturely in a way that would add to the body of knowledge on this rather sensitive subject!

Husbands are allowed into the room if they want to During vaginal examinations.
Besides any woman that complains about a doctor touching her mans peepee when he needs a doctors help is a strange wOman. The man has a right to have good medical care irrespective of the care giver being male or female. Now if he complains about her touching him in ways he wasnt comfortable with or that indicates sexual abuse, then and only then ,should she complain.
If the woman or man being examined by the doctor complains, then will I have worries.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by MizyB(f): 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
oweniwe:

Hi Bebe Gal....!!...

Thanks for saying Hi to me...!!

From the bottom of my heart, i wish you a lovely weekend....!!... smiley

and you too my dear brother!
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
drnoel:

Yep, I know what it costs cos I read or interpret those images. That's why I know clinical pelvimetry is old archaic practice.
Please can you enlighten us on the price?
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Malaukt:
Lol!! If need be Dr will put finger in ur nyash too!!
But on a lighter note it is not a routine for Dr's to do Vaginal examination on ante natal patients!!! If it becomes necessary they do Speculum examination instead not directly with hand. It is only when pregnancy is term(full 9months) and she is in labour or the Dr wants to induce labour that he uses his hand(gloved hand not bare)!!
Jeez! Who uses bare hands? The thought of it is even nauseating.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by bloodred(f): 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
I'm a mother of two and have never been touched or fingered inappropriately. In fact, no doctor or midwife has ever inserted finger into my private part. But that's because my babies were born by c-section and I never needed such medical exams during ante-natal. That being said, no doctor will stop you from being present when examining your wife. So try and always be there if it helps you sleep better at night. My husband was even allowed into the theater during my surgeries so u could ask to be present during labour/c-section. I am a woman and the thought of any stranger inserting finger in my vagina disgusts me. I'm sure I would have endured it if I had vaginal deliveries but I'm glad I didn't and totally understand how @op feels.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by lezz(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
postmann:

Speak for yourself! There are a lot of rotten perverts among you. Both home and abroad. Having a medical degree doesnt atomatically put you above lust even towards your patients.
Deceivers! I have a lot of doctor friends, and nothing excites them more than the female body.
hey.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by InvertedHammer: 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
drnoel:

It's no more done here. So that means it's no more universal right?
/
I don't know where is "here".

But USA for sure.
\
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by postmann: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
lezz:
hey.

You don show grin grin grin
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by lexib(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
What makes your wife's vagina different from other vaginas gyneacologists have been examining... i bet after the procedure, the doctor won't remember who she is again, and how the vagina looks... thats if he is even able to hold the site of the eeewish thing.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
Macmilla:

Doing what exactly? Did he climb on top of ur wife?
na so u dey do?
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by drnoel: 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
lezz:
seems more like my comment makes you uncomfortable and brings your moral inclusiveness to the fore.

Your comment smacks of personal injuries and less of intellectual and ethical discus. It barely worth my keystrokes.

I wonder why I should feel insecure cos of clinical pelvimetry that I don't even have to do. Pls do tell me, why should I stoope low to do clinical pelvimetry when I can easily read the images of MRI pelvimetry. Youngman put ur money where ur purse is and use ur tongue to count ur teeth. Not all of us doctors are so crazy to put our fingers into dirty things but colleagues do it if it will be necessary in the management of given patients.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by drnoel: 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Macmilla:

Do you know how much a session on MRI costs?
The sessions don't come cheap but then again it's the insurance that pays it not the patient.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by lezz(m): 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
drnoel:

I wonder why I should feel insecure cos of clinical pelvimetry that I don't even have to do. Pls do tell me, why should I stoope low to do clinical pelvimetry when I can easily read the images of MRI pelvimetry. Youngman put ur money where ur purse is and use ur tongue to count ur teeth. Not all of us doctors are so crazy to put our fingers into dirty things but colleagues do it if it will be necessary in the management of given patients.
You are talking in circles and yet still looking for a standing point.

Monikers oftentimes don't reveal age but you seem to be the young man here(drnoel).

Your reference to patient's private parts as dirty things leaves you as someone who isn't morally fit to partake in this discussion and if you're indeed a doctor as you so desperately want everyone to know (from your moniker) then you are a disgrace to the profession.

I suggest you take time to revisit the Hippocratic oath instead of wasting your ill-used time on a public forum with a bogus, insecure moniker like drnoel.

You are a kid by all account and in the wrong calling.

You are also a bad example of cheap internet and forced education.

Regards
Leslie

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
drnoel:

The sessions don't come cheap but then again it's the insurance that pays it not the patient.
Cut the chase, just tell us how much it costs.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by drnoel: 11:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
lezz:

You are talking in circles and yet still looking for a standing point.

Monikers oftentimes don't reveal age but you seem to be the young man here(drnoel).

Your reference to patient's private parts as dirty things leaves you as someone who isn't morally fit to partake in this discussion and if you're indeed a doctor as you so desperately want everyone to know (from your moniker) then you are a disgrace to the profession.

I suggest you take time to revisit the Hippocratic oath instead of wasting your ill-used time on a public forum with a bogus, insecure moniker like drnoel.

You are a kid by all account and in the wrong calling.

You are also a bad example of cheap internet and forced education.

Regards
Leslie

Hahhahahhahahahhaaha, this is the funniest joke of the century. As i don't even care what u think I won't bother explaining to u why the name of the ID is what it is.

As regards to ur other misyearns, I will tell u this. Am sure u know where hell is cos u are already leaving there. Go to hell. it's not usually my way to insult people but u deserve to be beaten black blue by ur statements. Then again this is a public faceless forum so anything goes. Have fun at other people's expense if u will. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by drnoel: 11:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
Macmilla:

Cut the chase, just tell us how much it costs.

Around 1000 dollars or less.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by klbakare(m): 12:38am On Feb 22, 2015
lezz:
my man, your concerns are legitimate and many a real man ought to feel your concern.
Of course this is the 21st century and many feel the urge to come out as "enlightened" and socially sophisticated so you will read a lot of nonsense how it doesn't matter.

My opinion all along is a medical certificate is not a ethical or moral certificate.It is naturally REPULSUVE and UNSETTLING to have a male doctor or saviour putting his fingers in your wife's vagina.

Now all the males here pretending to be a psychological Superman, I dare you to oblige me just one request.

I ask that you be present in the theatre or examination room when the doctor insert his fingers and wander around inside your wife's vagina. Instinctively your eyes will travel to your wife's face to see if she is indifferent, or painful or lol, enjoying it.
And then it will travel to the doctor's facial expression too.
You will in a second wish you were a mind reader.

You are going to have a sense of your wife being violated.

You are going to feel "little"
And then if you still have a sound spirit, he is going to tell you it is wrong.

A man who doesn't feel this concern has lost his soul and dominant male genes in the whirlwind of the permissiveness of the 21st century.

You have simply said the truth. Thanks jare

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by irokop(m): 1:40am On Feb 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

As a doctor I can confidently answer that question......no.

Cucumber raising thoughts are the furthest thing away from our mind.

Ok oo, since the profession don cercumsise Una no wahala ooo.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 2:12am On Feb 22, 2015
drnoel:

Around 1000 dollars or less.
Going by the current exchange rate, that's more than #200,000. shocked shocked shocked
My lecturer will always tell us, "there is a difference between tropical medicine and medicine in the tropics". I bet you won't understand that quote.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by drnoel: 4:07am On Feb 22, 2015
Macmilla:

Going by the current exchange rate, that's more than #200,000. shocked shocked shocked
My lecturer will always tell us, "there is a difference between tropical medicine and medicine in the tropics". I bet you won't understand that quote.
I rest my case.

That I understand loud and clear. I did also school in the tropics b4 jevoha made certain changes in my life. Besides colleagues tell me the MRI examination in nigeria goes for as from 80 k depending on what body region is examined and where examination is done.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by lezz(m): 10:11am On Feb 22, 2015
bloodred:
I'm a mother of two and have never been touched or fingered inappropriately. In fact, no doctor or midwife has ever inserted finger into my private part. But that's because my babies were born by c-section and I never needed such medical exams during ante-natal. That being said, no doctor will stop you from being present when examining your wife. So try and always be there if it helps you sleep better at night. My husband was even allowed into the theater during my surgeries so u could ask to be present during labour/c-section. I am a woman and the thought of any stranger inserting finger in my vagina disgusts me. I'm sure I would have endured it if I had vaginal deliveries but I'm glad I didn't and totally understand how @op feels.
At last, virtue and good sense have arrived. Thank you .
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by lezz(m): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2015
drnoel:

Hahhahahhahahahhaaha, this is the funniest joke of the century. As i don't even care what u think I won't bother explaining to u why the name of the ID is what it is.

As regards to ur other misyearns, I will tell u this. Am sure u know where hell is cos u are already leaving there. Go to hell. it's not usually my way to insult people but u deserve to be beaten black blue by ur statements. Then again this is a public faceless forum so anything goes. Have fun at other people's expense if u will. Cheers.
Stop yelling, son.
You are butt-hurt.
And try not to burn in hell on earth; you're in such a rage.

As for explaining to me your intentions on your moniker, it would have been a wasted effort.
You owe your explanations to your prospective patients and clientele whom you have told in no uncertain term what your opinion about them is.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2015
All these exchange of words over who puts and what is put in the VJ is completely uncalled for. As a patient, you have a right to accept or reject whatever anybody throws at you, be it a doctor or nurse, male or female. While at that, also remember that the caregiver too has rights. It's that simple. If the doctor wants to examine ur wife, you have a right (but especially the woman being examined) to know what he wants to do and d doctor is compelled to explain as detailed as possible. But if after explanation, you or ur husband refuses the procedure, it's completely ur right. But then, the doctor will document ur decision. And if ur decision should backfire, the doctor has the right to say you are on ur own. Correct me if I'm wrong.
And as for the OP, ur wife is not ur property, she is a human being with full rights to decide what she wants. So whether you are comfortable with it or not, she is the one that will decide to or not to allow the doctor examine her cos it's her life that is at stake, not yours. Knowing too well that if anything should happen to her, you are gonna get another woman before anyone says Jack Sparrow.
I know a woman that bled to death following an incomplete miscarriage just because her husband refused she will open her legs for a VE and possible evacuation. Of course, the man has 3 other wives and he didn't even cry when the woman died. All he did was to increase the number of wives back to 4.
So, please, let ur wife worry about what happens to her during childbirth. If you love and trust her, all you should be concerned about is her health.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by drnoel: 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
lezz:

Stop yelling, son.
You are butt-hurt.
And try not to burn in hell on earth; you're in such a rage.

As for explaining to me your intentions on your moniker, it would have been a wasted effort.
You owe your explanations to your prospective patients and clientele whom you have told in no uncertain term what your opinion about them is.

Looks like u read ur text upside down. I said b4 and I say again, why would I have to do a clinical pelvimetry when I can do an MRI pelvimetry? I don't need to do the procedure so ur words are wasted on me. Pls tell that to colleagues that have to do clinical pelvimetry. Takia and cheers.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Originalsly: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
@OP... you are not married yet and already hitting the roof over this. Ot doesn't matter what we explain.... you would have an issue with a male doctor seeing the unclothedness of your gf... and God forbid...your wife. Simple solution... take her to female do tors only. Good luck.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by lezz(m): 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
drnoel:

Looks like u read ur text upside down. I said b4 and I say again, why would I have to do a clinical pelvimetry when I can do an MRI pelvimetry? I don't need to do the procedure so ur words are wasted on me. Pls tell that to colleagues that have to do clinical pelvimetry. Takia and cheers.
You are still mouth-farting!!!
Whether you do clinical pelvimetry or MRI pelvimetry is of no importance, safe your explanations for your lecturers or (consultant).

The point in my last post is you referred to the expectant mothers' private parts as "dirty things"

I'll wager my last naira you're a slumy medical student undergoing clinicals.

Take a crash course on ethics and comprehension.
You are morally challenged,
Intellectually hollow,
And educationally numb.

Lest I forget, when you climb off your mythical high horse, you will find your feet on reality where respect and civility should be your watchword.

Now away with you, killjoy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Creamish(f): 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
executioner:
If the female gynae come be lesbian nko?

As a man, which is easier to handle? Ur wife cheating wit a man or babe?
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Creamish(f): 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jossyroyal1:

Don't tell me u don't understand what he just wrote? pls even if u don't just pretend u do! Save ur sef d embarrassment!

Its not wise to b proud of ur ignorance. When u don't see learning as an embarrassment, u become wiser. If this embarrasses u, its ur cup of tea. smiley
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by drnoel: 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
lezz:

You are still mouth-farting!!!
Whether you do clinical pelvimetry or MRI pelvimetry is of no importance, safe your explanations for your lecturers or (consultant).

The point in my last post is you referred to the expectant mothers' private parts as "dirty things"

I'll wager my last naira you're a slumy medical student undergoing clinicals.

Take a crash course on ethics and comprehension.
You are morally challenged,
Intellectually hollow,
And educationally numb.

Lest I forget, when you climb off your mythical high horse, you will find your feet on reality where respect and civility should be your watchword.

Now away with you, killjoy!!!

All these insults. Ur comment that even made my day is ur calling me in ur own words a "4king medical student" (shakes head). I don't know where u got such idea. I never told u I was a doctor neither did I tell u I was a medical student those where ur imaginations. I could start dishing insults back to u as u have been doing but I would prefer to be the mature one here and not do so. I just feel sorry 4 u but then I understand ur pain. Take it easy though and not stress urself much, hypertension is a killer. I tell my colleagues that clinical pelvimetry in dirty in my point of view. Then again my colleagues in nigeria, consultants in O&G have to do it now and then. So is the medical profession. Cheers.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by lezz(m): 9:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
drnoel:

All these insults. Ur comment that even made my day is ur calling me in ur own words a "4king medical student" (shakes head). I don't know where u got such idea. I never told u I was a doctor neither did I tell u I was a medical student those where ur imaginations. I could start dishing insults back to u as u have been doing but I would prefer to be the mature one here and not do so. I just feel sorry 4 u but then I understand ur pain. Take it easy though and not stress urself much, hypertension is a killer. I tell my colleagues that clinical pelvimetry in dirty in my point of view. Then again my colleagues in nigeria, consultants in O&G have to do it now and then. So is the medical profession. Cheers.
you prefer to do MRI pelvimetry as opposed to your "colleagues" who do clinical pelvimetry. Your moniker is drnoel.

And yet you said you never told me you're a doctor.
Lol, what a clown!!!
You're a chameleon and an imposter then.

You feed on the anonymity and evasive structure of an internet forum to pour out your social maladjustment.

Just who are you, drnoel?
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by drnoel: 9:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
lezz:
you prefer to do MRI pelvimetry as opposed to your "colleagues" who do clinical pelvimetry. Your moniker is drnoel.

And yet you said you never told me you're a doctor.
Lol, what a clown!!!
You're a chameleon and an imposter then.

You feed on the anonymity and evasive structure of an internet forum to pour out your social maladjustment.

Just who are you, drnoel?

I am someone ur images may come to interpret. U may never know....
I would just advice u this. It's not everyone u meet on a public forum that u just throw insults on. Just like it's not everyone here that like to show who or what they are. That said, I would add this. U don't know me or what I do 4 a living so don't try to be wiser than ur age by trying to put 2 and 2 together and arriving at misnomers that u can't phantom. Just realise that not everyone here like to show what they are or what they do. Takia cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Plants And Their Uses / Marathon Sex: The Evil Of 'Harder! Harder' / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.