Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,084 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs (1037 Views)

Ganduje Returns From Saudi Arabia As Kano People Welcome Him (Photos) / Kano People Inscribing KWANKWASIYYA On Their Private Houses (Photo) / Ganduje Flagsoff Disbursement Of N2b Free Interest Loan To 20,000 Kano People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by Nobody: 5:47am On Feb 18, 2015
The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sunusi II has tasked the people of the state to massively use the postponement of election date to obtain their permanent voters’ card (PVCs).

Sunusi said obtaining the PVCs would enable them to vote candidates of their choice during the coming polls, stating that, “We are calling on parents to allow their wards who are eligible to vote to come out enmasse and obtain their permanent voters’ card”.

The monarch who spoke to reporters in his palace yesterday revealed that the only weapon that the electorates have is to obtain the PVC that will enable them to discharge their civic responsibility.

“I am calling on the residents of Kano to come out enmasse and collect their PVCs so as not to be disenfranchised”.

According to him, Kano residents should not miss this opportunity that the postponement has offered them, because Kano being the most populated in the country has over 5 million registered voters.

“I will urge you not to allow this opportunity to pass you by allowing other states to pass us with total number of votes. I also appeal to parents to allow all those who are eligible to come out and collect their PVCs “.

Sunusi also appealed to people to leave in peace so that at the end, the election will come and go peacefully.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obtain-pvcs-to-vote-candidates-of-your-choice-says-emir-of-kano/202117/

Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 18, 2015
Buhari Nooni!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by TeamSimple(m): 6:21am On Feb 18, 2015
Kano for sai Baba

2 Likes

Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by Odehfamily(m): 6:27am On Feb 18, 2015
I FELT LIKE CRYING...................I broke down with tears when I got this very message hmm I don't even know what to say.
MAIDUGURI
When Buhari's convoy was moving from the emirs palace to the venue of the rally...One man kept chasing Buhari's car and in the process he fell amidst the confusion...

Buhari noticed and told his driver to stop,he wind down the glass of his car just to acknowledge the man.
When the man got close to Buhari,he brought out an envelop that contained TWO THOUSAND NAIRA and said "This is my contribution to your campaign,this is all i have.
Buhari broke down in tears.

Change has come !

4 Likes

Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by seunfly: 6:33am On Feb 18, 2015
If the so called educated and enlightened in the South can't collect or encourage their people to collect other than to blame INEC, then i'm sorry for our ass. Kudos to people from the so called uneducated and backward, they know their right and their leaders are encouraging them to do so.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by tunex23: 6:41am On Feb 18, 2015
seunfly:
If the so called educated and enlightened in the South can't collect or encourage their people to collect other than to blame INEC, then i'm sorry for our ass. Kudos to people from the so called uneducated and backward, they know their right and their leaders are encouraging them to do so.
don't mind them, they keep shifting blame on JEGA, and the funny thing is that they themselves haven't collect Yet o. Useless people

2 Likes

Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by Bishop4bella(m): 6:46am On Feb 18, 2015
Odehfamily:
I FELT LIKE CRYING...................I broke down with tears when I got this very message hmm I don't even know what to say.
MAIDUGURI
When Buhari's convoy was moving from the emirs palace to the venue of the rally...One man kept chasing Buhari's car and in the process he fell amidst the confusion...

Buhari noticed and told his driver to stop,he wind down the glass of his car just to acknowledge the man.
When the man got close to Buhari,he brought out an envelop that contained TWO THOUSAND NAIRA and said "This is my contribution to your campaign,this is all i have.
Buhari broke down in tears.

Change has come !

Can this be true though it is touching and again does not mean Buhari's is richer than his husband and not ready to assist him financially because we heard how she donated huge amount to the needy or is her donation a propaganda.
Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
grab your PVC.
Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by chat2deen(m): 5:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
P - People

V - Voting for

C - Change......
Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by kokoA(m): 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
This is why the north has the highest PVC collection rate.. Traditional rulers, politicians at all levels, village head, parents, etc encourage their people to go out an collect their cards, while the southerners keep ranting on the internet..

3 Likes

Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by automaticcars: 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
kokoA:
This is why the north has the highest PVC collection rate.. Traditional rulers, politicians at all levels, village head, parents, etc encourage their people to go out an collect their cards, while the southerners keep ranting on the internet..

You are right. I read somewhere where someone said Jonathan and PDP never during their campaign urge their supporters to go and collect their PVC. Now they are blaming Jega.

Smh

3 Likes

Re: 5 Million Votes At Stake: Sanusi Lamido Urges Kano People To Pick Up PVCs by raumdeuter: 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
While APC is banking on peoples vote

PDP is depending on its rigging machine

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Envisaged The Current Economic Woes - Video / Pre-election Nairaland Poll: Agbaje Vs Ambode. / Troops Finally Reclaims Gwoza From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.