Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,693 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Nnpc Recruitment Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nnpc Recruitment Interview (208442 Views)

WFP (United Nations - UN) recruitment/Interview / Nigerian AirForce 2016 Recruitment Interview Result / What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Affon: 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Eruditor:

Very correct. NNPC offered GTs 1.6 per annum as basic so that is what he probably saw and assumed that was all. There is a feeding allowance that is 55k per day...that is also factored into the per month and is different from the upfront which is given beginning of the year.

@ eruditor, by 55k per day feeding allowance, do u actually mean #55000 per day for feeding?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by tunai(m): 9:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
Guys please anyone currently with Nnpc should advice us, I currently earn 300K monthly in an FMCG but still hoping to get this Nnpc job. Abeg what does their package look like aside the basic pay.

I need to know so I can decide whether to attend the interview or not.thanks
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Tetegh(m): 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Eruditor: 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
Affon:

@ eruditor, by 55k per day feeding allowance, do u actually mean #55000 per day for feeding?

Per month. Where's the fear of God in you? grin

11 Likes

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Reddie: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Eruditor:

Per month. Where's the fear of God in you? grin
lol

6 Likes

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by henryobyn(m): 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Who is still expectant like me or have u guys lost hope?

11 Likes

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by youseuph(m): 10:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
tunai:
Guys please anyone currently with Nnpc should advice us, I currently earn 300K monthly in an FMCG but still hoping to get this Nnpc job. Abeg what does their package look like aside the basic pay.

I need to know so I can decide whether to attend the interview or not.thanks

If you earn dt much, I don't think you will be making a wise decision quiting for NNPC. Don't have an idea about their pay though.
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Cosmopolice: 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
The focus of the thread has shifted from sms to salary for starters. 130k and the rest.men sharp sha
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by joshneku: 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
It is well
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by ambo1: 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
Sinner like me .....pls God let me receive dis txt message...please!

6 Likes

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by JummyIR: 11:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
Pls has anyone frm Benin centre gotten d invite? EH, GT n OP stands for what pls?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by landlady: 11:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Just saw my quality of life survey, but no interviewinvite mail or sms yet. Who else is like me pls?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by kingslly(m): 11:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
Thanks bro for giving out this valuable info. I really do appreciate.
jimngam:
Below is the post by @ Syenite in 2011

"Congrats to those that have received invitations. Over 4,000 candidates(can't remember the exact figure now) made it to the interview stage.

Firstly NNPC recruitment in based on quota system. Almost equal number of applicants will be taken from all the states and FCT. This implies that you are competing against people from your state.And this will in turn go down to LGA by LGA.So if you have a family member or a cousin in the race it means u are virtually fighting for one slot.
Under this system situations arises where a Candidate from State A with 50% score in the interview will be employed while a candidate from State B with 80% score might not be employed. So those of you from educationally developed states should brace up for the challenge.I am sure you know those states

What to equip yourself with:
When NNPC was established and under what decree
NNPC's Core Businesses
NNPC Subsidiaries and their operational functions
The Refineries and their various Refining capacities
Which of the NNPC subsidiaries u'll like to work with and why?
Why do you want to work with the NNPC.
Why do you want to work in the Oil industry
Why do you want to leave your former place of work(if you are already working)
Where do you hope to be in 10years time?
Understand your discipline and how you can apply it in the oil industry
Know the name of the current and immediate past GMD
Expect that you’ll be asked atleast one basic question about your discipline
Know where the head quarters of each of the Subsidiaries are located say Benin, Warri, Lagos etc.
Research the operations of the Subsidiaries so you’ll know which one you can fit in.(I am currently working with the subsidiary I mentioned during my interview so take your time to research,though it does not totally follow)

Look smart and composed. It’s usually a friendly interview and note that your line of discussion will mostly go in line with your responses so be sure of what to say. But please don’t be too confident else you’ll sound arrogant.

I’m speaking from experience. The above where questions asked me and some of my colleagues who I am working with now. So expect most of the questions to come from them.
Know that NNPC will not take everybody.
Best of God. I hope to meet you as colleagues soon."

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by mrnilobrawn: 12:09am On Feb 21, 2015
Guyz, i think they have deactivate this mailling address nnpc-recruitment@phillipsconsulting.net
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by obbasiasa(m): 6:04am On Feb 21, 2015
[color=#770077][/color] shocked
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by moonert(f): 6:46am On Feb 21, 2015
Pls has anyone from FUT MINNA center received the invitation?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 6:48am On Feb 21, 2015
filkolins:
For those that are yet to get the text message invite for the NNPC interview, I just sent an e-mail to them now (today, 20/2/2015) and I got a reply from them. If you have lost your e-mail address or phone number, it will be good for you to also read this.

This is what the message says:

Dear Candidate,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your email.

We will be contacting successful candidates in batches between February 18-21, 2015 by SMS. An email containing the details of the oral interviews will be sent by 24/02/15. You are advised to check your inbox/spam/junk boxes by the mentioned date.

NOTES:

(1) If you receive an SMS, please note that the interviews will hold in Abuja; you are advised to prepare for your logistics accordingly.

(2) If you no longer have access to the email address you provided during application, we advise that you send in the accurate email address immediately to
'nnpc-recruitment@phillipsconsulting.net'. Such email should have a subject line as follows: "Change of email address/GT" or "Change of email address/OP" or "Change of email address/EH" - whichever is appropriate for the job you applied for. Receipt of SMS will not guarantee entry into the interview venue.

Unsuccessful candidates will be reached appropriately afterwards.

We wish you the very best.

Recruitment Team
Phillips Consulting Limited
18-02-2015

Good one there..... let's keep hope alive. May God favour those of us still waiting. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 6:56am On Feb 21, 2015
Goodkidd:

Pls can u enlighten us on what the interview was like?

Bro, pls refer to page 0 of this thread, there is a detailed narration of my experience and a post by Syenite from another thread.

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 7:00am On Feb 21, 2015
FabioPeter:
Good luck to you all. I attended, passed and got recruited in 2012.
Pls keep the CV you submitted when you applied for the test, it's likely most of the questions you will be asked will come from your cv.
Be smart, I mean wear a good suit and tie and confidently answer questions you are asked, even if you aren't sure of your self remain confident in your response.
The interview session is done in a pretty relaxed setting, win the panel over with a smile and try to prolong the discussion.
A huge fraction will be recruited without knowing anyone. Rely on your ability and preparedness.
Pray, yes pray only about 10% will make the final cut. Federal character will be used but that doesn't translate to all states having equal number. It's also based on the current demographic.

Important tip, thanks
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 7:08am On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 7:08am On Feb 21, 2015
Good morning fellow NNPC hopefuls,

Pls do not hesitate to confirm to the house as soon as you get your SMS (as one of us has confirmed that notifications will be sent between 18th - 21st Feb.)

God Bless
#KeepingHopeAlive

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by mrnilobrawn: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2015
I dont think any SMS can still drop....its already saturday, tomorro is sunday, thos guyz dont work on weekends. No more hopes on SMS, its mailling time.

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by topestar1234: 10:32am On Feb 21, 2015
my heart is on the job. still waiting for the sms from PCL. #mercy!!! i got the email from them but no sms yet. i wish the sms will come to me...cos in the pcl survey i choose employed. instead of unemployed category. i hope that is not the reason while they are yet to shortlist me.. i hope to be mercy will answer for me. i just hope my truthfulness pays off.

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
topestar1234:
my heart is on the job. still waiting for the sms from PCL. #mercy!!! i got the email from them but no sms yet. i wish the sms will come to me...cos in the pcl survey i choose employed. instead of unemployed category. i hope that is not the reason while they are yet to shortlist me.. i hope to be mercy will answer for me. i just hope my truthfulness pays off.

There is no link between the survey and the SMS... I got the Survey link on 16th, didn't respond (in fact I didn't even link it to the NNPC recruitment) and I got the SMS on 18th, it was after then that I even remember the survey and responded.....

The survey might be linked to the recruitment (what better sample pool can one hope for than a pool of unemployed (if you are looking for another/better Job when employed, you are partially unemployed) Nigerian graduates?) but surely not linked with whether you get the SMS or not or even how you responded to the survey questions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Brauny(f): 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
Am still expecting my invite. Just called Philips Consulting on 012703667 and they picked... They are at work this saturday.
Was told that the invites would be sent within 2weeks....i believe that is why they removed the previous information from their site...Let's keep our hopes alive cos it ain't over yet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Rebarobyn: 12:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
Brauny:
Am still expecting my invite. Just called Philips Consulting on 012703667 and they picked... They are at work this saturday.
Was told that the invites would be sent within 2weeks....i believe that is why they removed the previous information from their site...Let's keep our hopes alive cos it ain't over yet.

Is this current interview invite foe EH or GT?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by obbasiasa(m): 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
Rebarobyn:

Is this current interview invite foe EH or GT?
what is the full meaning of EH, GT ?
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Richy33(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
obbasiasa:
what is the full meaning of EH, GT ?

EH - Experienced hire
GT - Graduate trainee

2 Likes

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by jimngam(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
Brauny:

This goodnews..
#KeepingHopeAlive
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Eruditor: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
Brauny:

I hate to sound like a bubble-burster, but they're selling you a grand unlikelihood.

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by topestar1234: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
Thank you for your reply.
jimngam:

There is no link between the survey and the SMS... I got the Survey link on 16th, didn't respond (in fact I d :Pidn't even link it to the NNPC recruitment) and I got the SMS on 18th, it was after then that I even remember the survey and responded.....

The survey might be linked to the recruitment (what better sample pool can one hope for than a pool of unemployed (if you are looking for another/better Job when employed, you are partially unemployed) Nigerian graduates?) but surely not linked with whether you get the SMS or not or even how you responded to the survey questions
Re: Nnpc Recruitment Interview by Igunnu(m): 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
It is funny how you guys can just term everything and try to read meanings to things. The Philips consulting Quality of life survey has no connection at all with the NNPC recruitment. This is not the first time Philips will be sending surveys of any kind. To also buttress my point, I got the first survey mail Feb 09, 15, got the same mail again Feb 16, 15. 5:58pm hours after I received the text message and till date I did not take the survey.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Check This List, If Your Name Is Here, Then Get Ready / Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.