Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 (38795 Views)

How The Governorship Elections Will Be Won And Lost - Premiumtimes / BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow / Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by mrrock: 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
The service chiefs requested 6 weeks first half, there will be another 6 weeks to access that north east is safe for you and I to vote. Election should hold when there's peace to avoid disenfranchising eligible voters.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by notoriousbabe: 7:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
Op stop raising unnecessary false alarm

1 Like

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by peterpierre1st(m): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
sosanova:
JEGA see ur life
And you boasted to Nigerians INEC was ready to conduct election on February 14th, now you are saying you can not Guarantee if Election will hold in March

I think from what Jega said and the things he has been saying, INEC is ready but the possibility of election holding on the said date is dependent on other Agencies that hold stakes in the success of the election.... The guy knows what he's saying.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by holyokoto(m): 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
johnmartus:
please what's wrong with jega if he know is powerless to conduct this election at least he should abdicate instead of compromise

Shifting of Election is beyond Jega, it has to be under the Presidential level
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Welepamilayo: 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Shocker! Not.
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by AdeniyiA(m): 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Bluepamex:
Then the Senate should invite either the service chiefs or NSA for us to hear from the horses mouth.
I am telling you it's better to invite instead, their 'riders'
they control d 'horses' directions
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 18, 2015
Jega should say how prepared INEC is for the election, vizzk-a-viz distribution of PVCs and use and functionality of the card readers and leave security issues to the security chiefs who have promised to clear the mess in 6 weeks.
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Youngzedd(m): 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
onosprince:
The election should wait till we are able to conquer boko haram, we all can see the way they are bombing everywhere... If the election goes on, Then God should save the lives of those that are going to vote.

We will wait forever then.
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
Let me see any APC tout blame Jonathan for this mess

5 Likes

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Sammiee101(m): 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
Senate and ther several invitations, has anything come out of any??
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
C
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by sambisa5: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
stevecantrell:

That's where you're wrong.
Lots of - ish is going to happen if elections are postponed indefinitely.

things like what?
Bombing?killing? War.......

If not for the innocent lives that will die,,,war is even better,,,, at least after war,,,,,,things will normalize.....

1 Like

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by maclatunji: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
babyosisi:
Let me see any APC tout blame Jonathan for this mess

Professor Jega tacitly suggests we should ask him ultimately and I agree.
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by abraka00(f): 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
GenBuhari:
It is easy to see that electoral process is being unfairly rigged by one party.

This why APC should immediately install a parallel government pending the conduction of free and fair elections.
Try it and see if you will not be shot dead at a very close range.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
maclatunji:

Professor Jega tacitly suggests we should ask him ultimately and I agree.

Hmm
Imam tunji longest time

1 Like

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by saaedlee: 7:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
Why can't Nairaland Moderators confirm details of any thread before moving it to frontpage. We all followed this session an @ no time did Professor Attahiru Jega make such statement.

1 Like

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by maclatunji: 7:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
babyosisi:

Hmm
Imam tunji longest time

Me Imam? I no reach that level o.

1 Like

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
I said it.... The elections should be delayed and postpone again so all these stupid tension will die down...
But not till after April 28 sha.

Make una dey there dey call GEJ clueless, e go be una like film

1 Like

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Eluwilussit(m): 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
Bluepamex:
Then the Senate should invite either the service chiefs or NSA for us to hear from the horses mouth.

It is only in a jungle like ours that the senate will be talking about elections, questioning Jega and people talking of inviting service chiefs and NSA. Is it not because the foolish masses cannot conduct themselves in a civil manner?

In civilized places, people go to work and still vote. You line up and vote. You don't need a single policeman not to talk of soldiers. But what do we have here? A people who are stupid enough to kill for party or politicians. The masses keep blaming the govt and expecting miracles when they can't even line up in a single file without supervision.

When we shun violence and embrace civility, we won't need to worry about elections. It will become a civic duty. Not a do or die affair. Cast your vote and go home. Let INEC do its job.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by nationwide1(m): 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
wakacome:
I know the GOD I serve!!!!The GOD that created me,the GOD that owns my life......my GOD answers me whenever I pray to him and I don't need your so called men of GOD who have turned into politicians.....
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by macaphan007(m): 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
aguiyi:

i said intercede on behalf of the nation.

pls get my point, in every thing in life there are levels just like in the spirit realm. we have accountants, chartered accountants and fellow chartered accountants. this are different level of people in accounting profession. when an accountant makes a plea,a chartered accountant also makes his and a fellow chartered accountant makes his own plea or application, which one do you think will get better audience?

if you think because every body can pray then their is no need to ask for intercession from men of God then i will leave you to your thinking
Bro lets just watch,We may not have elections this year,neither Buhari nor Jonathan will rule Nigeria after all this fuss,God has a divine plan and only the discerning in Spirit will know.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Thanks to the PDP. They are now using the state of insecurity to deny us our right. I doubt if any of our security chiefs can be considered by the UN to lead a peacekeeping mission like Aguiyi-Ironsi in the early 1960's.
PDP is Boko Haram !!!
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Emmahunk(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
maclatunji:

Source: http://www.coolstuff49ja.com/2015/02/inec-cannot-guarantee-elections-will.html

Sir, you still have my vote of absolute confidence
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by trulies: 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
God help us
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by todayguest(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
But, they are saying the President is clueless. How come he had become so brilliant to spin things?
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by babtunns(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
johnmartus:
please what's wrong with jega if he know is powerless to conduct this election at least he should abdicate instead of compromise

simple explanation u don't understand ....out of INEC control I.e external factors, u want jega to command army ryt?

1 Like

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
Eluwilussit:

It is only in a jungle like ours that the senate will be talking about elections, questioning Jega and people talking of inviting service chiefs and NSA. Is it not because the foolish masses cannot conduct themselves in a civil manner?

In civilized places, people go to work and still vote. You line up and vote. You don't need a single policeman not to talk of soldiers. But what do we have here? A people who are stupid enough to kill for party or politicians. The masses keep blaming the govt and expecting miracles when they can't even line up in a single file without supervision.

When we shun violence and embrace civility, we won't need to worry about elections. It will become a civic duty. Not a do or die affair. Cast your vote and go home. Let INEC do its job.
Sir, you deserve multiple high-fives for this comment! More than 10 years into civil rule, yet folks need SOLDIERS to ensure law and order. It's a damn shame.

1 Like

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by maclatunji: 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
todayguest:
But, they are saying the President is clueless. How come he had become so brilliant to spin things?

You call pushing the country on the brink brilliant?
Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by lasrondo: 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
The God that dealt with abacha is still on the throne

1 Like

Re: INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 by kennylawd: 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
wakacome:
I know the GOD I serve!!!!The GOD that created me,the GOD that owns my life......my GOD answers me whenever I pray to him and I don't need your so called men of GOD who have turned into politicians.....
Wakacome please have you not heard where a man held a whole nation into ransom.? Even in the Bible where a prophet shut the heaven and stopped rain. And please I need your prayers FOR answers now now for me to get a billion dollars since you can pray and God answers you whenever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pic of Okorocha dancing as Phyno Performs Live At Children's Day Celebration / Tinubu, Not PDP Group Is Behind Calls For Buhari’s Resignation – Northern Youths / $322m Abacha Loot: List Of States To Receive Cash In July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.