Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? (1266 Views)

Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by justiceman: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
I have to ask this question after series of observations:

First, the call for change increased with high tempo and Gen Buhari and the APC were at the center of it. Interestingly, many Nigerians both in Nigeria and abroad seemed to be buying into the new political melody till...

Suddenly, there were these campaign videos everywhere on the TV and the internet. They were targeted at the personality of Gen Buhari as a religious bigot and a ruthless dictator who would send people back into the days of the military. The APC on its own part muscled its resources together to try to counter the damage being inflicted on their presidential hopeful. It looked like it was already too late for the APC because many people who had switched sides in favour of the APC had suddenly lost their admiration for the party. The hate campaigns were sustained by the PDP strategists, even the staunch APC loyalists could not help but cry out over the influence the videos were having on their friends and some "unsuspecting" members of the public according to them. The PDP had suddenly started regaining its confidence on a Jonathan re-election bid when all of a sudden...

The Economist threw its own bomb at President Jonathan. It described the incumbent president as an "Utter failure" on the basis of what it described as "Endemic Corruption" and little enthusiasm to tackle the Jihadist movement going on in the North East part of the country. The internationally respected Media Organization also took a swipe at the former dictator (Buhari), describing his military rule as "nasty" and "destructive". Finally, it went ahead to conclude that Gen Buhari could be the "Least Awful" candidate according to the title of its Feb 7, 2015 publication. This is seen by many as a cautious endorsement of the candidature of Gen Buhari over the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan.

This was the first shock to the presidency, coming just a week to the initially scheduled feb 14 elections. The presidency was quick to fire back at the economist in a bid to suppress the collateral damage, but the shock waves it felt could be seen all across the country.

Again, came the series of shock-waves sent to the presidency from notable Nigerians and foreign interests including Prof Wole Soyinka, Prof Charles Soludo, and yet again, The New York Times.

The election was postponed till March 28 amidst controversies of possible influence by the military through the presidency. Conspiracy theorists believed the postponement was a last minute desperate move by the President and his advisers to advert a possible loss at the polls, but the question of the preparedness of INEC still persisted.

With the recent replacement of President's social media strategist, Reno Omokiri, speculated in the media as a consequence of failed media campaign strategies that did not sway much public interest on the side of President Jonathan, and also controversies bothering on the activities of Reno Omokiri, i am wondering,

Did the social media Hate Campaign strategy by the PDP against General Buhari achieve its desired Objectives, or was it really a failed political gamble?

Please respond by stating how it has affected you or your friends' perspective about the candidature of Muhammadu Buhari.

Disclaimer: This is not a campaign for any political party or candidate, it is an opinion seeking medium backed by verifiable information

1 Like

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by tit(f): 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2015
No body hate buhari.
we loves him.
but he is a bad man.
and a liar.
See,
he said he borrow 27 million
but his wife donate 135 million!
he say he has no money
but his daughter is shopping in london,
spending money like water.
under him 2.8billion dollars miss in 1975.
under him 28 billion ptf money miss in 1998!
his wife hide money in fridge with Atiku/Jefferson

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
They are failing woefully!

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by justiceman: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
tit:
No body hate buhari.
we loves him.
but he is a bad man.
and a liar.
See,
he say he has no money

But that did not answer my question.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by TechRev: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
please show me where the hate Campaign is. Are you talking about his certificate or his human rights abuse or ...? Please where is the hate campaign??
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2015
tit:
No body hate buhari.
we loves him.
but he is a bad man.
and a liar.
See,
he say he has no money
So you love a bad man and a lair, ehn?
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by justiceman: 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
Qiewz11:
They are failing woefully!

Thanks. i would also appreciate if you could tell me if it failed only on you or other people you know.
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by justiceman: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
TechRev:
please show me where the hate Campaign is. Are you talking about his certificate or his human rights abuse or ...? Please where is the hate campaign??

The hate campaign was aired on AIT, Facebook and other social media. They portrayed him as an evil, unchangeable dictator who would destroy the freedom of press and expression currently enjoyed by Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by pacesetter939: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
tit:
No body hate buhari.
we loves him.
but he is a bad man.
and a liar.
See,
he say he has no money
You must very stupid to have typed this rubbish here. If I may ask you; where was GMB in 1975?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by holatin(m): 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
tit:
No body hate buhari.
we loves him.
but he is a bad man.
and a liar.
See,
he say he has no money
am sorry to tell you bimbo, buhari wife front lining the donation doesn't mean she brought the money out from her purse.
pls be truthful to yourself for once

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by justiceman: 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
Qiewz11:

My question is not about who lied or told the truth, i just want to know if the media campaign against Buhari has affected public interest in him to the best of your knowledge, especially among you and your friends. This is not in support or against Buhari, infact both political parties would be asking this same question
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by holatin(m): 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2015
no it only deceive gullible Nigeria, and I was able to educate some.
I educate a nairalander that fall for the allegation of corruption on buhari by the ait.
I sent him copy of the edited fela song AIT used. he was surprised that AIT and PDP can go low to rubbish someone.

and I know a lot of people will change their mind after seeing what PDP stand for
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by darksuit(m): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
The failure too much
They've been advised to withdraw
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by darksuit(m): 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
tit:
No body hate buhari.
we loves him.
but he is a bad man.
and a liar.
See,
he say he has no money
Why don't u try and love him
Instead of "lovesing him"
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by TechRev: 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
justiceman:

The hate campaign was aired on AIT, Facebook and other social media. They portrayed him as an evil, unchangeable dictator who would destroy the freedom of press and expression currently enjoyed by Nigerians

Ohh. From what i read some say the AIT documentary is the truth while some say its hate campaign and lie. Please did Buhari do all those things in the documentary? Did he destroy freedom of press and expression during his rule?? If he actually did then thats alarming!!

I say its alarming cause most humans hardly overcome their habbit. Has he overcome his?? I heard he even shun Oputa panel in a democracy. Is that hate campaign too?? Please help me understand this man Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by denko(m): 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
Buhari is pathetic, coven liar. if he becomes nigeria president i will forge msc result no government who dare stop me.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
justiceman:

Thanks. i would also appreciate if you could tell me if it failed only on you or other people you know.

It's not only me that believe they are failing. Many people in my area believe so as well and it is obvious. It is just a desperate attempt by the incumbent to villify a better opponent

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by tare22(m): 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Work or Not.. GEJ has won

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by caselessogbuagu: 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
It is failing, this I can tell you. If anything, I can tell you that the negative campaign has increased his support base. Infact, the documentary on AIT became so repetitive that we love it whenever it is being aired.
Those that love buhari , love him with all their heart and not like a certain feeble-minded guy on a faceless forum who thinks he can dump buhari simply because he had a disagreement with some faceless buhari supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by Lucky77: 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
It's no FAILING .. but it has FAILED !!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by caselessogbuagu: 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
tit:
No body hate buhari.
we loves him.
but he is a bad man.
and a liar.
See,
he say he has no money
shegiyar tit. *yawns* this ingrish ehn...
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by ganye1: 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
Not only that it has not work but also succeeded in making love Buhari more. The assumption the PDP made that the masses will hate Buhari after telling them that Buhari jailed politicians and killed drug traffickers is wrong because the masses yearns for such to happen to the thieving and corrupt politicians and only it re-inforced their believe that Buhari can deal with corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by Dasini: 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2015
Even in the eastern part of Nigeria, the hate game keep failing daily, am in Aba, abia state as I chat, neva knew some igbo men love buhari, go to paper stands,walk the street and see divided opinions, only igbos outside their region are supporting goodluck blindly

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by Ikengawo: 5:56pm On Feb 18, 2015
tit:
No body hate buhari.
we loves him.
but he is a bad man.
and a liar.
See,
he say he has no money

LOL, anyways, let me get back to work here in Sambisa
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by Ikengawo: 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
Dasini:
Even in the eastern part of Nigeria, the hate game keep failing daily, am in Aba, abia state as I chat, neva knew some igbo men love buhari, go to paper stands,walk the street and see divided opinions, only igbos outside their region are supporting goodluck blindly
LOL nna, rest.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by raumdeuter: 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
Epic fail

1 Like

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by dre11(m): 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
The documentary was just to campaign for Buhari and nothing more because immediately people see through the lies of PDP and its gang......they all left in drones and join the change party

People these days are now wiser and political conscious that yester years when they believe every things said

1 Like

Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by danot1030: 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
Qiewz11:

evidence of the hate against Buhari.
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by justiceman: 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Interesting...
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by skyface00(m): 11:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
Tit pls can u go back 2 skul, all ur comments always make me laugh, u hardly make sense and u so good at jumping from on thread 2 another with ur shadow thinking, though i always like ur comments but u r not suppose 2 be on thread like dis, u'll do beta in jokes thread..gudnyt

tit:
No body hate buhari.
we loves him.
but he is a bad man.
and a liar.
See,
he say he has no money
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
Buhari is being vetted

There is no hate campaign against Buhari

He is being subjected to the scrutiny a democratic process deserves
Re: Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? by sherrylo: 9:19am On Feb 19, 2015
mikeansy:
Buhari is being vetted

There is no hate campaign against Buhari

He is being subjected to the scrutiny a democratic process deserves

And that includes his daughter that died of ss? and also includes the dead wify? no now, thats nothing but hate campaign.

(1) (Reply)

ABIA :breaking News!sick APGA Governorship Candidate Urged To Step Down / Pix Of PDP Members Abandoning Their Rally To Enbrace Gov Okorocha / I Will Continue To Make Sacrifices For Nigeria - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.