Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? (1687 Views)

Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment? / Olumide Raheem Is Governor Ambode’s ADC / What Is Governor Rochas Building? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
It is no secret that if not for fear of EFCC prosecution of Governor Sule Lamido and his Sons (Aminu and Mustapha Lamido) by GEJ over an alleged N10Billion fraud charges, the emergence of GEJ as PDP 2015 presidential candidate would have been scuttled by Governor Sule Lamido who was perceived as the main Challenger of Gej for the primaries.

Unfortunately, Lamido's withdrawal from the presidential primaries race was the price he paid to get GEj's EFCC off his sons back. Sule Lamido has never been a true supporter or friend of GEj. What is baffling is that the "playing along" tactics of Governor Sule Lamido now seem convincing to GEJ & his supporters who are ready to believe Satan himself, should he dubiously throw out sweet appeasing words at them about the Upcoming election.

Besides the play along tactics "of getting EFCC off my sons back" that Lamido is playing, he is also playing the waiting game. If GEJ looses he'll come as the "messiah" tha'll restore the PDP to its glory days, giving it a new rebirth from the stinking carcass remains of what would be left of it after GEj political demise. And should GEJ wins, he'll continue to play along till GEj demise to become the PDP "messiah". Now that OBJ has abandoned PDP, Lamido stands as the only remaining "founding fathers" of the party.

Will you support the president fully during the campaigns, or will you play ‘siddon look?’

What we are going through today in Nigeria should go beyond partisan politics. Only yesterday, there were bomb blasts in Kano. How many people died? How many were injured? People in their place of worship. No matter how you see it, sometimes there are difficult situations. My party and my Federal Government must assist me in ensuring my safety. Right now, we are overwhelmed by grief.

Government must be seen to have the political will and commitment to confront this insurgency. Even though I believe in Nigeria, I am also coming from a political environment. And when a certain arrangement seems to be undermining me, ignoring the circumstances under which I live in my environment, it becomes very, very difficult for me to give the required political support. Government should also be willing and able to encourage me to support it. It should be able to provide me the comfort I need. Immediately after the Kano mosque bombing, text messages began to circulate.People are saying, ‘the North should not forgive Murtala Nyako, Shehu Shema, Sule Lamido and Isa Yuguda’, they listed four governors for supporting President Goodluck Jonathan to be president in 2011. Excepts:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/2015-presidential-election-conditions-campaign-jonathan-gov-sule-lamido/

Recently, Governor Sule Lamido was again caught saying to GEJ and his supporters what they like to hear in News captions such as :

Lamido: If you follow social media, you would think APC has won 99% of the votes

http://www.thecable.ng/lamido-follow-social-media-think-apc-won-99-votes

Obviously, this is not a "win votes for PDP" Statement. Lamido said it to give GEJ and his supporters "hope" that there may be light at the end of the tunnel for them after all, even though it was lit with deception. I think the question they should ask the "great PDP Icon" is , sir can you promise to deliver atleast 10% of votes in your home state of Jigawa for GEJ? Common sense would surely doubts that.

Should we verify if there's truth in Lamidos statement or not?

The fact that Lamido would insinuate that the huge support APC has on social media is a hogwash that shouldn't be a cause for concerned is a blatant lie. In fact it should be a great source of concerned for PDP for two important reasons. First, PDP has N21Billion on its coffers for political campaign, a significant share which goes to social media campaigners. It means the campaign of calumny by the Nations Major TV stations & Newspaper such as NTA, AIT, Thisday, Punch, Gaurdians etc plus the paid internet warriors hired by PDP has admittedly failed. Lamido has indirectly admitted that PDP has lost that battle, despite the huge resources at its disposal. So whats left is to console GEJ with some words of solace, words he probably doesnt believe himself.

Secondly, It is a fact that at least 80% of GMB social media supporters are Southerners, and even more for GEJ. The so called "illitrate" northerners do not go online social media engaging in political debates and online votes and so on. Gov Lamido of all people should know this better being a Northerner. If Northerners are social media savvy as southerners, Nairaland would be overly saturated by them so much so that GEJ supporters and their media propaganda on GMB wont have a space to breath on NL and other Social media forums. About 90% of GMB supporters in the North do not use internet much less social media for politicking. Compared to the South, Internet is almost non-existent in the North which happens to be GMB largest support base. So, who is Lamido fooling?

3 Likes

Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by mystockyear: 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
he better move to APC sharp sharp. whether he use body language to tell us or not

#IhaveDecided not to waste my vote this time

GMB is the change we want

4 Likes

Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by temitemi1(m): 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
If lamido is man enough, he should show us his true colour n he will see that kaki no be leather... GEJ till lamido fear EFCC no more grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by Akkord4gov: 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
No be only Lamido,even PEJ dey deceive GEJ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by Elslim: 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
Fear of EFCC

1 Like

Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by sammyj: 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
grin grin
Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by channelz: 9:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
Only one Lamido that I know, Sanusi Lamido
Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
The only people that have genuine love for jonathan are the Igbos which are largely tribal and sentimental driven. Every other group are just deceiving him! But would the lame man learn?

2 Likes

Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by doctokwus: 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
The only people that have genuine love for jonathan are the Igbos
Everytime I come across statements like this I get depressed. This cannot be the Ibos of Nnamdi Azikiwe,Sam Mbakwe,odimegwu ojukwu and the many great Biafran heroes,can it?
These people will be turning in their graves to hear this.

2 Likes

Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
^^Its sad, but true.

1 Like

Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by Larriekay: 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
mystockyear:
he better move to APC sharp sharp. whether he use body language to tell us or not

#IhaveDecided not to waste my vote this time

GMB is the change we want
I always tell pple dt d aboki dt will do d damage to GEJ don't do nairaland. GEJ go confused when d result is announced. as for me n my household, we dey with wit GMB.
Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by doctokwus: 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
Maple:
^^Its sad, but true.
Sometimes there are few good attributes in a failed leader that Jonathan has been globally acclaimed to be,which makes a certain group of people to like him.
But this talk of Ibos liking Jonathan defies all logic and common sense,he neither has the attributes,intelligence,industry,hardwork and truth the average iboman is noted for.
So where is the love said to be coning from:is it in the appointment of okonjo iweala(a deltan), ojo madueke (a fellow bayelsan) or in the commissioning of the map of the 2nd Niger bridge? Pls somebody shd help me understand why they claim the ibos are supporting him.

3 Likes

Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by baybeeboi: 11:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
The only people that have genuine love for jonathan are the Igbos which are largely tribal and sentimental driven. Every other group are just deceiving him! But would the lame man learn?
Moma, u missed it this time.
Or did you say Igbos because others are minority?
Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by ITbomb(m): 11:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
The Sule Lamido that I know is planning ahead to 2019 when he wants to take over from Jonathan and he feel Obasanjo is the only person that can guarantee that.
Jonathan and his new breed of politicians are very unpredictable especially considering what happened in the primaries for many PDP warlords
Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by omolami: 12:28am On Feb 19, 2015
Lamido withdrew from presidential race because his northern coalition promised not to support him against Jonathan NOT bec he was protecting the N10b stollen by his son
Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 19, 2015
Ashawo politicians. They are not even sincere with themselves how can they be sincere with us?
Re: Is Governor Sule Lamido Fooling GEJ And His Supporters? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
omolami:
Lamido withdrew from presidential race because his northern coalition promised not to support him against Jonathan NOT bec he was protecting the N10b stollen by his son

Thats not true, as a matter of fact, It was because of PDP northern coalition support they gave to Lamido, that was why he intended to run in the first place, if anything, they pleaded with him to come save the party from GEJ whom they see as a cancer to PDP. However, to their dissapointment, Lamido withdrew from the race. Infact many among them believe the whole EFCC saga was a set-up by GEJ derail their "plot" of choosing Lamido whome they see as the most viable candidate to run for president.

PDP problem started when GEj interfered with the process of choosing PDP party chairman, GEJ imposed Bamanga Tukur on them against their will, they never forgave GEj for that, and the party has been on a slippery slope since then. So, they saw Lamido as the candidate that could revive the party from its impending collapse. One only needs to read between the lines, whenever they "campaign" for GEJ. They cant wait for GEj to jet-off their states, lest he stains their political prospects with his Badluck. Jona is a liability to PDP Northern coalition members, period.

(1) (Reply)

You Just Have To Watch Deola Of Saharareporters Engage Doyin Okupe / Warplanes Bombard Boko Haram / Sacked Police IG Apologizes To Those He Wronged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.