Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,258 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs (1019 Views)

Emir Sanusi Reminds Nigerians Of The Alarm He Raised Over Missing $20billion-PIX / Gov. Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs / Gov Amosun Raises Alarm Over 600,000 Strange PVC's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by tociano009(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2015
The Governor of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has raised the alarm over about 600,000 Permanent Voter Cards, brought to the state by the Independent National Electoral Commission, which the governor says do not belong to people in the state.

He raised the alarm on Wednesday after he visited the state Resident Electoral Commissioner, Chief Timothy Ibitoye, in his office at Magbon, Abeokuta.

The governor also lamented that only 40 per cent of the registered voters in the state had collected their PVCs, stressing that this was far from being encouraging.

Amosun said, “As we speak today, the cards (PVCs) they brought originally, we have two or three issues now.

“The first one is that the 1.1 million cards they brought in November, on my honour, about 600,000 of those cards do no belong to Ogun State, and that is the problem.

“They don’t belong to Ogun State, you will see them quoting the polling units, the cards are not our own in Ogun State, which means, somebody somewhere doesn’t want us to vote in Ogun State.”

“In Ogun State, we’ve just managed to collect about 40 per cent; it was about 36 per cent before and as of today, only about 40 per cent has been distributed.

“I have been interfacing with INEC and I have had cause to write a letter to the Chairman of INEC on December 19, 2014, and I enumerated all that have been happening as Ogun State is concerned in the run off to this election.

“Unfortunately, I have been here since morning and they still have no good story to tell us. Let me tell you, somebody somewhere, I don’t know know, probably do not want us to vote in Ogun State, they want to make sure that at least, 40 per cent or more than that, do not vote.”

Amosun said during the 2011 elections, the state had about 1.8 million registered voters and they later removed 500,000, alleging double registration through post AVIS.

He said, “When they did that, they took away about 500, 000 and reduced Ogun State to about 1.3 million and we said ‘no problem, if you said there will be opportunities for people to re- register’, which they did.

“When they did that, from their record, it was almost 450, 000 of the new registration and if you add that to the 1.3 million, it takes us back to about 1.8m, 1.9 million or thereabout of registered voters.”

Still talking about the 600,000 strange PVCs, he said residents had gone to polling units in their areas, the names on them were not known to them.

He said, “Our people have been going there everyday, we have demonstrated that, we have sent our people to all the polling units. They don’t even know those names, they don’t know who they are.

“If they said they’ve removed almost half a million. In my ward, Ward 11, in Abeokuta North, people are going there everyday and people, who were born there, don’t find their names; they just saw fictitious names. Those cards are not Ogun State cards.”

Source.http://www.punchng.com/news/amosun-raises-the-alarm-over-600000-strange-pvcs/
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2015
1 characteristic of APC. Always crying foul even when no foul is detected & creating awareness even when quietness is needed most. Baq to d kweshun, abeg oga Amosu which people no wan make una vote
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by Elslim: 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2015
Watchin in 3D...
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by pacifique(m): 9:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
cheesy
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by Lobolintin(m): 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
Sai GEJ...
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by emiye(m): 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
Something is not right in Ogun state, 40% PVC collection rate is the worst collection rate in 36 states and FCT, and more shockingly, the 2nd worst collection rate by states is over 62%.
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by Scatterboss(m): 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
Something is truly wrong somewhere. 40% is too low, Buruji Kashamu on my mind.
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by sosanova: 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
[size=14pt]JEGA performing miracles here n there, first they took Cross Rivers State PVCs to Kebbi state now Another State PVCs found in Ogun State.
APC n JEGA una plan no go work..God pass una ..
Sai Jonthan until APC janja-weed Ordained Bishop Buhari speaks in Tongues...

grin grin grin grin
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by emiye(m): 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
Scatterboss:
Something is truly wrong somewhere. 40% is too low, Buruji Kashamu on my mind.

waoh!, i almost added that to my post ! , but i left it out, since i have got no evidence . I have a gut feeling about it though.

That drug muller is one fellow that believes with money nothing is impossible.
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2015
APC IS A PARTY OF CONFUSED PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by Goddex: 10:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
[size=14pt]I thought these confused elements were shouting that INEC was ready and that elections should go on on Feb 14?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by Goddex: 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
masterpower:
APC IS A PARTY OF CONFUSED PEOPLE.

Honestly
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by Scatterboss(m): 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
emiye:

waoh!, i almost added that to my post ! , but i left it out, since i have got no evidence . I have a gut feeling about it though.

That drug muller is one fellow that believes with money nothing is impossible.

You get it bro. The man is desperate.
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by dre11(m): 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2015
“In Ogun State, we’ve just managed to collect about 40 per cent; it was about 36 per cent before and as of today, only about 40 per cent has been distributed.

“I have been interfacing with INEC and I have had cause to write a letter to the Chairman of INEC on December 19, 2014, and I enumerated all that have been happening as Ogun State is concerned in the run off to this election.

You need to interface more so you can get to the root of the matter because 40% collection rate is just too low for an enlightened state like Ogun

Am sure the double registration comes from the do or die politics if OBJ when they finding ways to have the state under PDP
Re: Amosun Raises The Alarm Over 600,000 ‘strange’ Pvcs by fitzmayowa: 11:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
Is amosun an INEC official How come he knows that they brought strange PVC to ogun state Or distributing of PVC is now the function of ogun state government

I thought this guys said elections should hold as planned, how come he is just realising that ogun has only 40% collection rate I wonder why people believe everything this guys say, when in actual fact they end up contradicting themselves...SMH

I wonder what all this guys gain in heating up the polity unnecessarily, this is a ploy to discredit INEC should in case the almighty amosun lose...

(1) (Reply)

Inec, Jega And Credible Election / Hilarious Memes Of #Baba Since You Are Around / Buhari Never Gave Me Money - Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.