Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? (22700 Views)

Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? / Is It Advisable To Laminate Waec Certificate / Is It Advisable To Laminate My DEGREE Certificate Or Not. PLS READ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by siegfried99(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
No its advisable to keep it in the museum or bank vault angry angry
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by spacyzuma(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
I've heard stories of laminated certificates/documents being rejected. It's never happened to me, though.

Before laminating your certificates, scan them and save the electronic formats online. In your email box, or in an online storage cloud service.
Also make color photocopies and store them too.
Then you can decide whether to laminate or not.

I personally laminated most of my certificates.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Viccisimua: 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2015
Sharon6:
Of course it is

Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by danielmichael(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
Omor i laminate all ma certificates

Thats the best thing todo fish
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by kendological(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
Archmed:
Laminate your certificates @ ur own peril.It wont last 5yrs until d prints on it starts to fade off..Kindly keep dem in a well secured file bag..and it'll last till thy kingdom come.
na lie joor! all My certificates are laminated and intact, for over 10 years.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by odutope(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
Do not laminate your University certificate no matter what!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by dunkem21(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
AIZubair:
grow up kid!

Ok, sir.

Message passed.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by nemelu123(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
best thing is just to scam it and save it in ur email
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by zhad(m): 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
Lamination? Wait, let me search the meaning in Google. !!!! oh oh laminate? joining nylon with paper! the thing good nah. nah good scope b that o. ah don tired from this cockroach and rat urine. anytime wey ah go interview they keep asking wetn dey smell in my cv.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by seggzz(m): 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
Mubbyleey:
Hmmm to mE iT'S nOt a BAd tHin... Lamination helps to prevent the certificate from insects, water, frm tearing, even from kids... It also prolong the life span of the certificate.....

Exactly what I want to say

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by ignis: 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
Did Buhari laminate his WAEC certificate?

If yes , then it's good for one to laminate his certificates.
If no, then it's not advisable to laminate certificates.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Lennylinconlee(m): 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
It is not good to laminate certificate......importantly ur Decree certificate,Bsc.Msc or Hnd. it will be rejected if u apply for international study and they request ur certificate for siting when u get there.........it will be assume that it has been altered. Another point why u need not laminate ur certificate is that......Think about when you do convocation in ur school...what do u tink is the reason behind the scroll given to u...Didi u think is for decoration? or for photography? ...

My point dis Do not laminate ur certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by betee: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
learnt from a friend from UK of recent that some countries dnt accept laminated certificates
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
don't laminate it oo, after all when you go to interview and explain to them how rats and cockroach help you have them for food,you will be hugged and given the job,in fact made the G.M or M.D
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by chynergy1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2015
still reminds me of one guy that got his nysc certificate burnt while laminating it.
didn't hesitate to run away.
not always necessary, though I did some of my own...
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by unite4real: 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
Nah. It's not advisable. Why not scan and send the certificate to your mail?

and who says you cannot scan a laminated one
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Ezibless: 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
msmon:
NO! NO! NO!
There's more harm in doing that than good!
* A laminated certificate or paper will be very hard for the MRI machine to read!

Btw, lalasticlala is trying to build an aura of unpredictability. If I catch U eeehn. *smile*

Obama Suggest Solution To Conquer B'Haram and Other Terrorist Group - Detailed Plan
www.nairaland.com/2155546/muslim-leaders-must-unite-defeat

And what if the harm has been done already
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Ezibless: 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
msmon:
NO! NO! NO!
There's more harm in doing that than good!
* A laminated certificate or paper will be very hard for the MRI machine to read!

Btw, lalasticlala is trying to build an aura of unpredictability. If I catch U eeehn. *smile*

Obama Suggest Solution To Conquer B'Haram and Other Terrorist Group - Detailed Plan
www.nairaland.com/2155546/muslim-leaders-must-unite-defeat

Lennylinconlee:
It is not good to laminate certificate......importantly ur Decree certificate,Bsc.Msc or Hnd. it will be rejected if u apply for international study and they request ur certificate for siting when u get there.........it will be assume that it has been altered. Another point why u need not laminate ur certificate is that......Think about when you do convocation in ur school...what do u tink is the reason behind the scroll given to u...Didi u think is for decoration? or for photography? ...

sad sad I'm applying for an International study and some of my certificates are already laminated.
What do i do?
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Danny4show(m): 4:27pm On Feb 19, 2015
tongue
Ezibless:

sad sad I'm applying for an International study and some of my certificates are already laminated.
What do i do?
tear the nylon asap tongue
Ezibless:

What do i do?
tear the nylon asap
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Doilooklikeicare(m): 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2015
it is Gud to laminate ur cert
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Dubemkelly(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
This jet age, all ur certs should be stored electronically and backed up, gone were the days one carries papers around, the modern office welcomes a paperless structure however lamination is cool if u get the time
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by delishpot: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2015
No!
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by delishpot: 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
Danny4show:
:Ptear the nylon asap :Ptear the nylon asap

That may destroy it o.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by GboyegaD(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2015
I have all my documents up to undergraduate notification of results double laminated because back then I was just too care free. I think it helps preserves them.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by jerrymej(m): 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
At owners risk.
When the Lamination machine is over hot it with no doubt if the operator is not smart in it, it 'll get burned. (A victim. But not on my certificate though).
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Rexnegro(m): 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
Vision2045:
I greet you house, lets share knowledge and experience on this issue....please is it advisable to laminate your certificate?

God bless you as u contribute ur knowledge/experience on this simple but vital issue...

mod do the needful..
No its not good to laminate ur credentials cos some hrm want to feel the authenticity of ur credentials when need arises and when laminated it might disqualified u, and when u try to remove it u will damage them...best thing is scan them all to ur email and keep the hard copies as safe as possible....that's what I did...!!!
NB: the only I laminated is my certificate of origin...and that was before I knew the disadvantages of laminating it.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Ezibless: 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
Danny4show:
:Ptear the nylon asap :Ptear the nylon asap

Guy you bad ooooo<sad

Wait.
Na you i ask the question initially
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Babyrex(f): 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
Vision2045:
I greet you house, lets share knowledge and experience on this issue....please is it advisable to laminate your certificate?

God bless you as u contribute ur knowledge/experience on this simple but vital issue...

mod do the needful..
i"'d advise soft lamination, meaning they just do the edges and leave the paper intact so u can still unlaminate when needed. hope u get?
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by torpedodaezy(f): 6:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
it is not advisable. I know of someone that wanted to travel out with his laminated license, but it was rejected.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
you could be our president tomorrow, don't take chances like buhari!
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
YES
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
Lennylinconlee:

...so why do they have file /database number on the edge of the file? I thought it's to backtrack your document for authenticity?is it naked eye you will use in knowing if a document is fake? my own point is this, we are in a genital age, I could sample my documents even on my tablet/slate. and if they wanna argue I refer them to the file number.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer / RUMOUR:Jamb Has Reduced Cut Of Mark To 170! / What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.