Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? (22703 Views)

Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? / Is It Advisable To Laminate Waec Certificate / Is It Advisable To Laminate My DEGREE Certificate Or Not. PLS READ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
shadowgwalker:
...so why do they have file /database number on the edge of the file? I thought it's to backtrack your document for authenticity?is it naked eye you will use in knowing if a document is fake? my own point is this, we are in a genital age, I could sample my documents even on my tablet/slate. and if they wanna argue I refer them to the file number.
This post gave me peace. I laminated my waec certificate. I shouldn't have sha. Chai.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Sharon6(f): 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
Mars88:

pls are your products efficient/verified or u jst tryna sell?

Effective and verified.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Sharon6(f): 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2015
phemoluv02:
Ant and Rats can't eat wetin? some rat ehn..i fear them oo they know how to undo stuff, read doc. n eat d part that contain ur names grin lipsrsealed i pray they wont visit u..

Amen
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by fairygeh(f): 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
I can never advise even my enemy to laminate any certificate..
Have a story to share...
2010,when I finished uni and I was serving,i went home to get my certificate from school and with the advise of my friend, reluctantly we proceeded to a business centre to laminate.it came out nice.safe,secured,no harm can befall it,
..........so I thought .until I was in a cab going home and I brought it out to inspect my 2.1 degree,lo and behold,my class of degree had been covered during the process of laminating with my school stamp and in such a way that no one would ever believe I had a 2.1.my God,......i asked the driver to stop immediately,entered another business centre and I was told once a document is laminated, it can never.be re- opened.i almost fainted,i went back home couldn't sleep that night...... second day I was in school,met with the faculty officer who said they school does not issue two certificates ,i started crying,i have not even made any photocopy before laminating it.i regretted allowing someone push me and funnily my friend who pushed me to do it, hers came out fine.........I was already on my way back home when I saw someone who saw the state I was and told me he could do something about it.if the lamination wasn't too hard,he checked it and said he could try.......hence carefully,he started tracing it with a blade and lo and behold,he was able to carefully shift the school stamp from the degree and didn't alter the certificate.Mehnn I was overjoyed.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by dasa192: 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
It is advisable to laminate ur certificate because he will make it longer and durable but you have to be very careful in the process of the laminating to avoid being burnt.
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Mars88(m): 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
Sharon6:

Effective and verified.
ur email add pls
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
Peacemaker75:
This post gave me peace. I laminated my waec certificate. I shouldn't have sha. Chai.
I don't wanna take risk in this Nigeria sha, I already have my soft copies online. then I laminate all. I'm not using my documents abroad, if I am then it will still be verified. or are they not intelligent again?cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Franzeez(m): 2:48am On Feb 20, 2015
If you want to laminate, you can and if you dont want to you can as well leave it. Whichever way if your certificate is authentic it definitely is and if it is not then whether you laminate or not, there is no way to make it authentic. I.e I go to the US embassy with authentic laminated cert and another goes with fake unlaminated cert..... They will give me visa with my authentic laminated CErt and be so quick to deny the oda. Make una no dey disturb una self. There are numerous ways of verifying certs. Lamination is known as a mere protection. That is why a laminating machine is made.....
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Jibsonified(m): 7:34am On Feb 20, 2015
msmon:
NO! NO! NO!
There's more harm in doing that than good!
* A laminated certificate or paper will be very hard for the MRI machine to read

BEST ANSWER EVER GIVETH

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 20, 2015
siegfried99:
No its advisable to keep it in the museum or bank vault angry angry
n wot prestigeous cert does one have dat warants she goin 2 a safebox, even wole shoyika with a top certificate couldnt fink of such
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by siegfried99(m): 9:10am On Feb 20, 2015
Smartestelvis:
n wot prestigeous cert does one have dat warants she goin 2 a safebox, even wole shoyika with a top certificate couldnt fink of such

Was been sarcastic... read again
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by simdam500(m): 10:12am On Feb 20, 2015
greall12: old thread

I tire ooo...

Anyway op... aside laminating, you can scan and send to your mail...

Don't get it laminated, cos u might meet someone like me that doubt every single thing that comes with excuse. Like "I was trying to protect it, so, so so"

Best u should do is put it in a A4 size bag. It sold in the market. And not all everything u have u let cockroaches eat... atleast if u have a cloth worth million, u no go fit secure am?
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 20, 2015
siegfried99:

Was been sarcastic... read again
yea i get ur sarcasm bt it appeard mre straight
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Danny4show(m): 10:57am On Feb 20, 2015
Ezibless:

Guy you bad ooooo<sad

Wait.
Na you i ask the question initially
no nw... just trying to be nice...
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by oduz: 11:05am On Feb 20, 2015
Trending:
wat of my voters card

[size=18pt]PLEASE NOTE; CARD READER WILL REJECT LAMINATED PVC[/size]
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by marvy7: 11:09am On Feb 20, 2015
coolxpat:
U can laminate the edges without sticking the paper. U can remove or change the laminating film anytime if u don't need it.

Is it possible to remove it after wen its fully laminated
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by Danny4show(m): 11:10am On Feb 20, 2015
delishpot:

That may destroy it o.
No nw...gonna apply sense
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by coolxpat(m): 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
tongue
marvy7:

Is it possible to remove it after wen its fully laminated
it's UNPOSSIBLE!
Re: Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? by broisrael(m): 1:54am On Jun 18, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer / RUMOUR:Jamb Has Reduced Cut Of Mark To 170! / What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.