Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible (2365 Views)

D / "Contradictions" In The Bible / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by nairalandbuzz(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2015
johnydon22:

Try and get the new community bible (Catholic edition) ... it introduces each book of the bible and states the history between all of them, it depicts transparency.

Now confirmed that Only Matthew was accounted to him while Mark was written by John Mark and Luke by the Apostle while they all got from one Aramaic script or words of mouth

In any way, thanks.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 8:14am On Feb 21, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

Now confirmed that Only Matthew was accounted to him while Mark was written by John Mark and Luke by the Apostle while they all got from one Aramaic script or words of mouth

In any way, thanks.

lol you dont get it, the whole accounts where written by second century christians... do you still want me to snap the introduction of mark, luke and john for you? cus i will gladly snap it for u... now imagine a second century christian writing what happened over a century ago(first century) from oral storys, just how accurate can it be?
Mark, luke and John are also written by second century christians or do yu still want confirmation? Oral traditions attributed those accounts to the names u see on it

@bolded luke was not an apostle...grin
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 10:30am On Feb 21, 2015
@ Takara

Receiving record in the left hand and behing the back is not the only contradiction in the quran. They are numerous.

The two contradictory verses are referring to the same event: one says 'in the left hand' and the other 'behind the back'. These are two different directions. It didn't say you will receive your record with your left hand stretched to your back. No.

Look at this again:

Qur'an (3:83) - "Are they seeking
a religion other than Allah's,
when every soul in the heavens
and the earth has submitted to
Him, willingly or by
COMPULSION?" This is against
earlier verse (2:256) stating that
there is "no COMPULSION in
religion".

Now, reconcile that.

Again, is it true every soul has submitted to allah on earth? Why are there other religions?

Is it also true that every soul has submitted to allah in heaven? Why are there people in hell?

I want to hear from you first before I call allah a liar.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Horus(m): 11:11am On Feb 21, 2015
If there are things in the Bible that contradict each other, that means at least one thing in the Bible is wrong. If at anytime we find something wrong in the Bible, it is our duty to investigate immediately and find out what the real truth is.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by nairalandbuzz(m): 6:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
johnydon22:

lol you dont get it, the whole accounts where written by second century christians... do you still want me to snap the introduction of mark, luke and john for you? cus i will gladly snap it for u... now imagine a second century christian writing what happened over a century ago(first century) from oral storys, just how accurate can it be?
Mark, luke and John are also written by second century christians or do yu still want confirmation? Oral traditions attributed those accounts to the names u see on it

@bolded luke was not an apostle...grin

Luke 6:13; 17:5; 24:10 proves the disciples are also apostles.

I do not agree that Mark and Luke are written by someone else.

Even if I am not sure of Mark, I am so sure of Luke and John.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

Luke 6:13; 17:5; 24:10 proves the disciples are also apostles.

I do not agree that Mark and Luke are written by someone else.

Even if I am not sure of Mark, I am so sure of Luke and John.

We are talking about the 12 apostles and you are talking all the disciples..

what is it with you guys...

You are so sure of John and luke that were copied from mark but you are not sure of mark... very funny.. grin

Am gonna snap the introduction of Luke, Mark and John so you will see none was written by the person bearing those names you see on it..

btw i like the way you changed from vouching for all the 4 gospels to reducing to only 2 that were copied from another that you are not vouching for lolzz grin

grin
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by udatso: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
truthman2012:
@ Takara

Receiving record in the left hand and behing the back is not the only contradiction in the quran. They are numerous.

The two contradictory verses are referring to the same event: one says 'in the left hand' and the other 'behind the back'. These are two different directions. It didn't say you will receive your record with your left hand stretched to your back. No.

Look at this again:

Qur'an (3:83) - "Are they seeking
a religion other than Allah's,
when every soul in the heavens
and the earth has submitted to
Him, willingly or by
COMPULSION?" This is against
earlier verse (2:256) stating that
there is "no COMPULSION in
religion".

Now, reconcile that.

Again, is it true every soul has submitted to allah on earth? Why are there other religions?

Is it also true that every soul has submitted to allah in heaven? Why are there people in hell?

I want to hear from you first before I call allah a liar.

You have been advised to open a new thread for this. You bringing more of this would be derailing the thread. Thanks
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by malvisguy212: 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
udatso:

You have been advised to open a new thread for this. You bringing more of this would be derailing the thread. Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/2156788/conclusive-evidence-quran-proof-jesus
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by udatso: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
https://www.nairaland.com/2156788/conclusive-evidence-quran-proof-jesus
Open a thread about contradictions in the quran and you open a thread to prove the sonship of jesus from the quran. Are you alright
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by malvisguy212: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
udatso:

Open a thread about contradictions in the quran and you open a thread to prove the sonship of jesus from the quran. Are you alright
I wanted you to look into it.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 9:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
udatso:

If I open a thread on quranic contradictions, the mod will transfer it to muslim section where I will not have access to it again. Muslims have made their section for cult members only.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Takara: 11:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
truthman2012:

If I open a thread on quranic contradictions, the mod will transfer it to muslim section where I will not have access to it again.
Meanwhile you have not clarified any of the biblical contradictions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

C.C.T Deliverance Ministry Prayer Session Now Every Saturday / Churches And Ponzi Schemes (MMM) / Do You Have An Immortal Soul?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.