Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden (2137 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by chyemma: 10:27am On Jan 07, 2009
Please I just need your candid advice,I pray you dont condenm me please.
I need you guys to advice me on what to do and how to go about it.
I just got an admission in Sweden and its left for me to go for my visa, but my problem is that I am pregnant, I just want to know if there is any issues with that?
Will I have problems studying and carrying my pregnancy? or will there be any possible problems with the immigration? I just need answers, please dont crucify me.I know nairaland and what they can do to peoples questions,please just the those of you who have lived or is still living in Europe can help me with the answers i need.
Thanks.
Re: Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by frankike1: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2009
How many months pregnancy?
Re: Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by chyemma: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2009
Just close to two months;not visible though.
Re: Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by promise2(f): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2009
i hope you have considered the financial aspect of it. taken care of your pregnancy and your self?
i advise you get the money needed to take care of ur self and the baby through out the time of your study there.
Re: Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by coffri(f): 10:20am On Jan 12, 2009
@ Chyemma

Dont worry as long as you veenough money to take car of yourslf and the baby, and since you will be working there, I dont thnik there is any trouble on that.

Please can you tell me what procedure you made after submitting your online application and sending your documents to the Swedish Board.

1. What re the other document you post to the school apart from the photocopies of ur WAEC, NECO, Sracth Crads and photocopy of your International Passport Data page.
2. Is it after they give you admission that you go to the Embassy? and
3. What are the documents you take to the Embassy

My just confused. Pls let me know. Thanks and takecare of yourself and the unborn baby, May God be with you throughout and always.
Re: Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by jaybee3(m): 10:28am On Jan 12, 2009
Do you know anyone in sweden that can help with the later stages of your pregnancy and subsequent help when the child is born?
Is it possible to get the visa then postpone your course state date? (best option cos i'm quite sure they will understand at the embassy)
Re: Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by chyemma: 11:37am On Jan 12, 2009
@ Coffri,
I only submitted the cover page of my application data,photocopy of my original waec result(not the computer print),waec scratch card,and a photocopy of sworn affirdivit of change of name, thats because my current surname is not the same as in my waec result and submitted through ups not the local post office because it could take forever before it gets there. wishing the rest of us the best of luck, Amen.
Re: Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by coffri(f): 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2009
@ Chyemma,

Thanks for the reply, but seems the procedures is now changed, see No. 6 below:

How was the UPS charges?
and What are the documents the Embassy ask for apart from ur Statement of Account and Admission Letter.

Supporting documents submitted with online application

You must submit the following documents once you have completed your online application
:
1. Cover sheet
2. Certificates and diplomas from previous education at an internationally recognised higher education institution
3. Transcripts of completed courses and grades (including course list). Sort them in reverse chronological order, i. e. the most recent on top
4. Proof of English language skills.
5. Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements.
6. A copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph or some other document of identification

Sort the documents in the same order as stated in this list and send them in one envelope to the address stated on the cover sheet. Only send one set of documents. Avoid using staplers, paper clips, and documents printed on both sides.
Re: Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by Busybody2(f): 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2009
jay bee:

Do you know anyone in sweden that can help with the later stages of your pregnancy and subsequent help when the child is born?
Is it possible to get the visa then postpone your course state date? (best option because i'm quite sure they will understand at the embassy)

I would have to go with Jay bee on this, and advise you to postpone your study for now, since you clearly want to keep your baby. There is also the added advantage that you will have the support of family whilst you are in Nigeria.

If you travel, you would not be able to complete your studies in due time, because you have to take time off during the pregnancy, and once the baby is born.

What is the guarantee that you are going to get a job as soon as you get there, due to the current global financial crisis? Chances of getting employment as a pregnant woman is very very slim in general, because you would be deemed as not productive and strong enough, and they would not be willing to pay you maternity allowance, etc.

Even if you have family there, they have their own cross to bear and it is highly likely you would be a nuisance to them.

On the other hand, there are people that would advise you to have your baby in Sweden to give it a better chance in life, so if you have enough money to spare, you can travel out, have the baby, then go back to studying at a later date, on the condition that your school agrees to this.

The ball is in your court and you have to weigh up and explore all the options open to you, good luck and wish you all the best wink
Re: Coping With Pregnancy And Studying In Sweden by rasmur5: 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2009
I would advice you secure the visa first, then seriously consider if you'll be able to afford to have the child in Sweden. Don't know much about their health care system but I suspect like most developed nations there's some sort of assistance in the form of grants and subsidies that the lower income groups enjoy. If that's the case, the actual delivery should not be a big deal. You may also be able to get a visitor's visa for your mom or partner's mom to help closer to delivery and after birth.

For the social assistance, ensure you live like a student even if you have a lot of money - live in subsidized student accommodation and all that.

One mistake you don't want to make is assume you can go back to the embassy for a student visa for you and the baby if you have the baby in Nigeria. There's no guarantee they will give you+baby or you alone the visa once the child is born thus my advice to secure the visa first and then consider your options. Best wishes.

(1) (Reply)

Howmuch Is Ticket To Dubai? / Thread For Ielts Band 9 / How Much Is Ticket To Yankee Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.