Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters (49706 Views)

Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / France, Cameroun In Row Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / France, Cameroun Lock Horns Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters by zain577(m): 6:11am On Feb 21, 2015
i no even knw d tym i finish read am sef, ah thought it would never end
Re: Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters by captainregi(m): 9:22am On Feb 21, 2015
May God help us
Re: Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 21, 2015
BornSad:

You could be right but picking some part of the story as true and some as lies based on no criteria other than what you think should be is unbecoming. The media is not always accurate, this means that France may or may not have given the orders. You sounding so sure that France never did it just based on the fact that they should never do such makes you no different from the media. All journalism of convenience.

Well, there are direct quotations here. And though the media could be annoyingly misleading, such a request coming from France to her ex colony is not far fetched given the fact that she has managed to maintain control on them.

I quite understand your stand and appreciate your academic sagacity in the area of international relations but you might need to know that France has many times in past gone beyond her boundaries in relating with her ex-ex-colonies. The white may know what should be done but the white do not always do it especially when it has to do with Africa.

This story is probable and if France actually issued such an undeplomatic order knowing quite well this is a very sensitive case, I wouldn't blame those suspecting them cause they called for it. And I'd be of the opinion that Cameroon expressed her discontent in any way possible even if she eventually hands the suspects over to France afterwards.

I'm all for African countries releasing the shackles of colonialism, but critically, Francophone nation states in Africa aren't fully colonised why I won't be surprised if France made an order.

In addition, I didn't say France didn't make orders, all I wrote initially was how things should be done.

And finally, I've seen quotes attributed to people who were even never interviewed by the media, and I'm not saying media reports shouldn't be acted upon, they should but we must always proceed with caution, especially in a situation like this where the press isn't even on the ground.
Re: Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 21, 2015
teekay12:

I'm all for African countries releasing the shackles of colonialism, but critically, Francophone nation states in Africa aren't fully colonised why I won't be surprised if France made an order.

In addition, I didn't say France didn't make orders, all I wrote initially was how things should be done.

And finally, I've seen quotes attributed to people who were even never interviewed by the media, and I'm not saying media reports shouldn't be acted upon, they should but we must always proceed with caution, especially in a situation like this where the press isn't even on the ground.

How things should be done is unfortunately far from what is obtainable these days. Anyway, it was still based on how things should be done that I pointed out the fact that releasing or not releasing the suspects to France is for Cameroon to decide. We aren't far away from the same point, we both know how things should be done but my point is, there's no saying whether France is actually following how things should be done or not and if this write-up is anything to go with, I'd be of the opinion that the later is the case.

Salut, mon gars.
Re: Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
Its high time cameroun and whole of Africa stand up to their right and command the respect they sought for.
Respect is earned not awarded.

RockMaxi:

You mind those puppets. When France was busy assisting them in taking the Bakassi Pennisula their sovereignity and independence were not considered.

One will always wonder why it was only France's AFP that have the access to Bokoharam videos. A question that have remained unanswered until now.

Quote me when that question is answered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Real Owners Of Oil Blocks In The Niger-Delta Exposed...(pics) / EFCC Seals Hotel Owned By Shuaibu Salisu / "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.