Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,774 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:05 PM

Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT (33117 Views)

Olorunsogo Power Plant Commisioned By Jonathan Is Not Working - Bukola Saraki / President Jonathan Commissions 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant (photos) / TRUTH ABOUT Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant By Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Themandator: 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
SkyBlue1:
If power stability in Nigeria was based on commissioning of power plants the country would have had 24hr power by now. How many did OBJ commission? How many did this same Jonathan commission? What percentage of the country can boast of having 24/7 power?

Everything OBJ commissioned was never completed and 99.9% completion won't deliver energy let alone 20%...like OBJ like fayemi

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Eluwilussit(m): 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
jpphilips:

Are you blind?

Maybe. Please sir, can you point out to me what the people before Jonathan, and I mean from independence till Obasanjo, achieved?

Apart from Awolowo, who single-handedly put the Yorubas in this enviable position in Nigeria, what did anyone else achieve? Please, tell this blind man what happened from 1960 to 2009. Why was nigeria a mess and Jonathan the man to clean it up?

If everyone before Jona did as much as he has done, there wouldn't be too much to tackle. Nigeria is a mess and it will take time and concerted effort to reclaim our lost chance to greatness. Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by jpphilips(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
aryzgreat:
I like this kind of cluelessness.

Geregu 2 commissioned, omotosho commissioned, olorunsogo 2 commissioned.

Watch out for ihovbor and calabar power plants commissioning in the nearest weeks.

Your case is most hopeless
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by jpphilips(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
Rad1cal:

Why should an uncompleted project be commissioned in the first place by obasanjo, isn't that deceit ? angry

Gas is not solely owned by Nigeria, if the owner of the gas doesn't agree to the terms of your MOU, wont you commission the one that belongs to you?
Peter odili used generator to commission Trans amadi gas plant because Shell has not agreed to an MOU at the time of completion.

Are you suggesting that you will not buy a vehicle because there is petrol scarcity?
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by jpphilips(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
AZeD1:

Dude you need to read a conversation from the beginning before jumping in.

And I guess you paid for my internet infrastructure right?
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by keyremotes(m): 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
tukane:
One miscreant will soon come and ask why he is doing it now when election is close, as if the power plants were built overnight.
Some are already saying so SMSH
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by taharqa: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
klerry:

Yes he did. It was actually built by OBJ but there was no gas to power it.

Shut ya mouth you LIAR

that was Olorunsogo 1, which is very different from this Olorunsogo 2 been commissioned today

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by taharqa: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
cuteboy2:

So what is precisely your point?

OBJ completed Phase-1. Even though he commissioned it, there was no gas to enable it supply power.

GEJ came, ensure gas pipelines to Olorunsogo are built, enabling Phase-1 to begin to run. He then proceed to implement Olorunsogo Phase-2, which more than doubles the capacity to 750MW, and he ensured that Phase-2 runs on the day he goes to commission it. Is that not a better deal for the country?
I recommend this post to all d idiiots née olodoz who have started otherwise, invoking Obasanjo to further their personal hate and partisanship

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by MrMandilas: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
jpphilips:

You have been to several countries and you call gas challenge "COMMON GAS"?

go and read about AGG projects, EGTL projects, Brass LNG projects, LNG train 7 projects and OFON upgrade projects, once you get the education therein then come back and tell the mother of those pygmies you are denying education that gas projects are "common", because you speak elementary come and go in Ijaw and Itshekiri you think you have learnt an international language.

whether you are a photographer in several embassies pesin no know, You think Abiriba is an international language. ode!
U are in pains. No wonder nothing good seems good to u. U may have first class certificate but u don't have first class brain. Anyone that reads ur long essay will know that u are just a joke. For ur information. Jonathan is ur president and if u don't like that, join me in Brussel. ' Salupar!
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by jpphilips(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Maybe. Please sir, can you point out to me what the people before Jonathan, and I mean from independence till Obasanjo, achieved?

Apart from Awolowo, who single-handedly put the Yorubas in this enviable position in Nigeria, what did anyone else achieve? Please, tell this blind man what happened from 1960 to 2009. Why was nigeria a mess and Jonathan the man to clean it up?

If everyone before Jona did as much as he has done, there wouldn't be too much to tackle. Nigeria is a mess and it will take time and concerted effort to reclaim our lost chance to greatness. Stay blessed.

I am not a political jingoist so I will save you the research, if you know of a power project and you wish we discuss that, by all means, bring it on, that is what the thread is about.
The rest of your issues are safer with your history teacher.

Some of your past leaders did enviable things for this country but Nigerians lived in darkness for so long, when did Nigeria get GSM in commercial spread? just yesterday? ordinary fixed land line did not even go round.

The things you are hearing today about Nigeria is courtesy of the proliferation of the internet, when did Nigerian TV stations go satellite? did you watch NTA on Multichoice in 1989?

Now, the history curriculum that was being offered then that is supposed to bring you up to speed was offered mostly in few Government schools and probably mission schools, so where exactly do you expect a Nigerian to learn?

Most people here don't know where their state libraries are because most Nigerians don't read. You are praising Jonathan because he is your generation and you now have access to information, you may not understand why Murtala Mohammed (Fellow Nigerians), Obj, Buhari are revered by people like us.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Eluwilussit(m): 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
jpphilips:

I am not a political jingoist so I will save you the research, if you know of a power project and you wish we discuss that, by all means, bring it on, that is what the thread is about.
The rest of your issues are safer with your history teacher.

Some of your past leaders did enviable things for this country but Nigerians lived in darkness for so long, when did Nigeria get GSM in commercial spread? just yesterday? ordinary fixed land line did not even go round.

The things you are hearing today about Nigeria is courtesy of the proliferation of the internet, when did Nigerian TV stations go satellite? did you watch NTA on DSTV in 1989?

Now, the history curriculum that was being offered then that is supposed to bring you up to speed was offered mostly in few Government schools and probably mission schools, so where exactly do you expect a Nigerian to learn?

Most people here don't know where their state libraries are because most Nigerians don't read. You are praising Jonathan because he is your generation and you now have access to information, you may not understand why Murtala Mohammed (Fellow Nigerians), Obj, Buhari are revered by people like us.

A blind man asked to be guided and you are here speaking turenchi. I need to be educated, sir. I don't need too much grammar. 1960 - 2009 is 49 years. Do us a favour and itemize what each government achieved. I appreciate your time in advance. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Harryzon(m): 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
phayvoursky:
AND ONE CATTLE RARER WAN COME CHOP GRASS FOR WHERE HIM NO PLANT.

AKARA BOMB....... BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOMMMMM

GEJ TILL APC BROOM REMAIN 1 STICK
Ahh! baba calm down, lolllllll, u bart die

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Harryzon(m): 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
phayvoursky:
AND ONE CATTLE RARER WAN COME CHOP GRASS FOR WHERE HIM NO PLANT.

AKARA BOMB....... BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOMMMMM

GEJ TILL APC BROOM REMAIN 1 STICK
Ahh! baba calm down, lolllllll, u badt die

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Rad1cal: 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
jpphilips:

Gas is not solely owned by Nigeria, if the owner of the gas doesn't agree to the terms of your MOU, wont you commission the one that belongs to you?
Peter odili used generator to commission Trans amadi gas plant because Shell has not agreed to an MOU at the time of completion.

Are you suggesting that you will not buy a vehicle because there is petrol scarcity?

I wont commission a car without the gas tank in place. That is what exactly OBJ did.

The commisioning today was about the phase 2 project which Gej has full rights to.

3 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by nairalandbuzz(m): 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
major466:

PhockPhockMan:
You get sense at all?
Did the construction of the power plant started today?

It seems you Dont understand me. For example, the boats that were commissioned yesterday arrived Nigeria since Last Year but he's got no interest in them because We(the few I know) all say he has not done anything... As I am typing, we have no light for three days now and my inverter will soon start with the sound... Yet he went to commission a power house that generates electricity not enough for the whole of Ipaja alone....

Be wise

#NigeriaWakeUp
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by fresh15: 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
Who says that GEJ is not working?He is the only man that has made Nigeria proud.Keep on doing the good job.

2 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by nnachukz(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
nairalandbuzz:
Have you guys seized to ask yourselves why all these is coming at the brim of elections?
have u asked yourself how long it takes to state and complete such project? To you may be in less than six weeks.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by okonja(m): 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
Themandator:

Glo 4.5GB goes for 2500 naira.... Directly from Glo and it has got speed unlike mtn
and is Glo network everywhere you go like MTN network grin?
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by isan(m): 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
How many MW naija don hav now?
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by ocelot2006(m): 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
Locapito:
Thrash. 750MW in 5yrs. South africa is generating 56,000MW, Tunisia 34,000MW, zimbabwé 17,000MW, Eygpt 38,000MW. Nigeria plus 5 wasted years of corrupt gej, 3,550MW. And some dunce re clapping hands.
Yeah....because all those countries achieved all that in five (5) years, abi? Have u even bothered to ask what previous administrations and regimes achieved for Nigeria power-wise?
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Locapito(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
ocelot2006:

Yeah....because all those countries achieved all that in five (5) years, abi? Have u even bothered to ask what previous administrations and regimes achieved for Nigeria power-wise?
what of " four years is enough for me to solve power problem and don't waste your votes on me if i cannot solve the power problem within four years because am useless " by gej in 2011. He came in when generation was 4000MW and after five years, we re on 3500MW as at today.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Tibins(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
jpphilips:

Who told you this nonsense you typed? when someone has done the plant already in 2007, how can you commission the Pipping work and AIT is saying he commissioned the power plant? you cant even see the media deception, blind goat

PLEASE STOP MAKING MUCH NONESENSE OF YOURSELF. MUST DIE HATING SOMEONE.
ARE YOU THE ONLY NIGERIAN WHO WITNESSED OBJ COMMISIONING OF PHASE-1
WERE WE NOT HERE IN NAIJA WHEN SOME OF THEIR POWER PLANTS WERE COMMISSIONED WITH GENERATORS
JUST SHUT UP AND DON'T MAKE A MOCKERY OF LECTURERS THAT SPENT TIME TO TRAIN YOU.

YOU WILL APPRECIATE GOOD THING.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by OBIchinon: 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
datguru:
Gej is the change we can see!

GEJ till 2019
it is only enemies of nigerians like OBJ,tunubu and his group that are shouting change, change because GEJ has been spoiling their business,in short another name for corruption in this nation should be OBJ,OBj employed his great grand fathers tenth generations ghost as workers,GEJ sacked them,OBJ and his boys were busy sucking nigerians with subsidy GEJ spoiled their business,OBJ spent $16billion on pawer the only thing he achieved was to change of name from NEPA to PHCN his boys were hell bent on sucking. More from nigerians GEJ spoiled show by selling off PHCN,that is why they are shouting change because their life has entered revas to the fevour of nigerians now they are fighting to go back to what it use to be before,it is only fools who are shouting change along side father of corruption OBJ GOD has already spoiled their plans,GEJ or nothing

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by ocelot2006(m): 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
Locapito:
what of " four years is enough for cluelesslve power problem and don't waste your votes on me if i cannot solve the power problem within four years because am useless " by gej in 2011. He came in when generation was 4000MW and after five years, we re on 3500MW as at today.

My friend will you stop with the lies?!! 4000MW before GEJ?!! When OBJ could only fix 2 out of 4 turbines in Egbin with some power stations shut down?

Pre-GEJ power generated did NOT exceed 1500MW. But under the current " clueless" we've seen far more power stations constructed & commissioned; the gas supply issue greatly resolved through the GAS REVOLUTION, our transmission network rehabilitated and modernized with TCN outsourced to a competent Canadian Utility operator (Manitoba Power), our power sector (generation and distribution) liberalized with private sector participation, authorization given to state IPP to generate and distribute locally.

It was THIS administration that power generated exceeded the 1500MW and even peaked above 4500MW with talks of it even reaching 10,000MW before it was revised. it only dipped to 3800+MW a few weeks ago cos of a sabotaged gas line.

So PLEASE enough of your lies!

2 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Dsegsam(m): 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ahmeduana:

WHERE ARE THE E-RODENTS, the ofons, the aje loju onile, where are they or they've scamper for safety?
them nor fit show nah bro
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by oneagleswings: 12:25am On Feb 21, 2015
Chars1289:

ok but pls SHUT UPPPPPP
you close that your mouth full of trash. Rubbish!
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by hush15: 12:50am On Feb 21, 2015
paolo96:
A stitch in time could have saved nine,Nigerians are no longer gulllible.
If you had been doing this you would have got voted for unanimously.

What nigerians didnt understand is that, he was planning and strategizing. these were part of the projects to open in the first year of his second tenure when he is re elected but as impatient as nigerians are and want magic overnight, he decides to showcase all these on a probabilities hence the opposition do not come and claim projects initiated n executed by him should nigerian as usual do not believe he has solid plans for the country in the next four year and also not satisfied.

He will be re elected no doubt.

Some say he is commissioning close to elections, lets not forget APC States have been commissioning too during election time calling on party members to help commission projects, especially in lagos, benin, osun, ogun and rivers. So its all srrategy however its seems Jona is more of a classic chess play surprising us at everyturn

great man. Best Nigeria eva had. Thank God.

GEJ2015/JK2023

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by jpphilips(m): 12:57am On Feb 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:

A blind man asked to be guided and you are here speaking turenchi. I need to be educated, sir. I don't need too much grammar. 1960 - 2009 is 49 years. Do us a favour and itemize what each government achieved. I appreciate your time in advance. Thanks.

I cannot aid your education with my "turenchi" knowledge like you called it, if you need education, go to school.
fair enough?
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Eluwilussit(m): 1:00am On Feb 21, 2015
jpphilips:

I cannot aid your education with my "turenchi" knowledge like you called it, if you need education, go to school.
fair enough?

It is not fair. Some of these things are not taught in school. Besides, I have my children's homework to do. Lol. I am serious about my request. If you can't, I hope some others will help us all.

You no dey sleep? Hope your day wasn't bad at all. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Harryzon(m): 6:22am On Feb 21, 2015
Even Buhari himself is chewing his nails now because GEJ has surprised him.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by jpphilips(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2015
Rad1cal:

I wont commission a car without the gas tank in place. That is what exactly OBJ did.

The commisioning today was about the phase 2 project which Gej has full rights to.

Do you want someone to show you the AIT headlines again?
You must either be clairvoyant or omnipotent to complete AIT's thoughts.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by nex(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2015
Please, why is there no light in my house?! Why are generators still singing everywhere I go. How come the power companies have not reduced my bill now that there is more supply? Is the deregulation in Nigerian Power Sector quarreling with the laws of Demand and Supply as regards price?! GEJ is acting a Nollywood Reality Show. It's all a farce.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Grounds Dan Etete’s Jet In Canada / Oyo Governorship: Gunmen Invade Folarin’s Family Compound, Injure Many / 2023: Why Nigeria Needs Me - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.