Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector – President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector – President (437 Views)

I Have Fulfilled Ojukwu’s Dying Wish – Bianca / We Have Fulfilled His Bail Conditions –nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector – President by Talkcentral: 4:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
[img]http://www..com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/I-Have-Fulfilled-My-Promise-On-Power-Sector-%E2%80%93-President-300x202.jpg[/img]

I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector – President

President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday said he had lived up to his campaign pledge to Nigerians that he would make the power sector a priority for his administration, Punch reports.

Jonathan spoke during the inauguration of the Olorunsogo II Power Station in Ogun State today. The power plant is a 750MW Nigerian Integrated Power Project.

“I have lived up to my campaign pledge to make the power sector a priority,” Jonathan told the gathering that included members of the Federal Executive Council, Peoples Democratic Party chiefs from Ogun State and leading traditional rulers.

Jonathan said although it was capital intensive to make a difference in the power sector, his administration had been tackling it headlong.

He said the short interface between public ownership of power sector to private sector would soon be over.

With that session over, the President said Nigerians would begin to take power for granted in the next two years.

He said, “The interface between 100 per cent ownership of the power sector by government and 100 percent ownership by private sector will soon be over.

“In the next two years, Nigerians can take power sector for granted like it is obtainable in other countries.”

He said he was confident that Nigeria is moving in the right direction under his watch.

He described the power plant as the second largest NIPP power station in the country.

The President urged Nigerians to support the Federal Government in its desire to improve electricity.

Read more>>> http://www.justyouchat.com/i-have-fulfilled-my-promise-on-power-sector/
Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector – President by casvinda(m): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
[i][/i] iffa hear fulfil wot? I know get light for my area since 1626
Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector – President by casvinda(m): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
[i][/i] iffa hear fulfil wot? I no get light for my area since 1626
Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector – President by lordizak(m): 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
u can now boast because ur campaign is on, u knew u could make boko haram history in 2wks, but u failed to do it in 6 years........... only to start an intense war 6 weeks to your election. idb.

(1) (Reply)

Poll: ARG, ACF, Others Warn Police Against Extra-judicial Killing / Is APC Playing The Yar'adua Game? / Jimi Agbaje's Position On Fashola's Slander Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.