Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan (40514 Views)

I Have Fulfilled Ojukwu’s Dying Wish – Bianca / We Have Fulfilled His Bail Conditions –nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Omooba77: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday said he had lived up to his campaign pledge to Nigerians that he would make the power sector a priority for his administration.

Jonathan spoke during the inauguration of the Olorunsogo II Power Station in Ogun State.

The power plant is a 750MW Nigerian Integrated Power Project.

“I have lived up to my campaign pledge to make the power sector a priority,”Jonathan told the gathering that included members of the Federal Executive Council, Peoples Democratic Party chiefs from Ogun State and leading traditional rulers.

Jonathan said although it was capital intensive to make a difference in the power sector, his administration had been tackling it headlong.

He said the short interface between public ownership of power sector to private sector would soon be over.

With that session over, the President said Nigerians would begin to take power for granted in the next two years.

He said, “The interface between 100 per cent ownership of the power sector by government and 100 percent ownership by private sector will soon be over.

“In the next two years, Nigerians can take power sector for granted like it is obtainable in other countries.”

He said he was confident that Nigeria is moving in the right direction under his watch.

He described the power plant as the second largest NIPP power station in the country.

The President urged Nigerians to support the Federal Government in its desire to improve electricity.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-have-fulfilled-my-promise-on-power-sector-jonathan/

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Elslim: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
YEPA

Oga GEJ dis I hear u well?? FULFILED kini

270 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Tolexander: 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
wonder will never cease.

Does our president mean electric power or the power chorused after shouting PDP? As we all know the President has completed the final work as the last ruling member.

290 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by guvnor83: 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
stewpeed laya

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by StunningCEO: 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
by givin 9jerians more darkness. see cluelessness on display. n sum Pipul want anoda 4 yrs for dis goat. smh grin grin grin

221 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
Which one? Please is it the same power sector I know? And are we talking about the same Nigeria.... *just want to be on the same page with you Mr President.

118 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Glowstone(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
GOD BLESS YOU SIR
GOD WILL GIVE US VICTORY OVER OUR ENEMY

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by stevecantrell: 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
Enemy of the state

Glowstone:
GOD BLESS YOU SIR
GOD WILL GIVE US VICTORY OVER OUR ENEMY

270 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by DesChyko: 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
Before I comment, let me check what other civilian leaders have done about the power sector in 16 years.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lol, Jonathan seems more to me a comedian

Your DSTV, CCTV or intercom just stopped working? Contact me on 07035432286 or on BBM: 2B9BC38B and I'll have it fixed for you

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by 9jatriot(m): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
Tolexander:
wonder will never cease.

Does our president mean electric power or the power chorused after shouting PDP? As we all know the President has completed the final work as the last ruling member.

The one after PDP is chorused. He could not have meant otherwise, even him will not be that clueless.

71 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Baawaa(m): 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Jonathan,your lies this days has no limit!You want to use madness to port it,it will not work.

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Pebcak: 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Liessssssssssss

Re: ||NaijaObserver|| Olorunsogo power plant to start operation in November
Expand Messages
rotimi fashakin
Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2011
View Source
We have read/heard this before. A stronger leader called OBJ(after squandering over $16Billion)literally raised his hands up that the big deliverable of uninterruptible power supply to Nigerians is beyond him and his party, PDP.
How then do you think a cub, yet to be weaned in the devious intrigues within the behemoth called PDP, can deliver on such progressive project? Such things are reserved for progressive people to deliver to their people. That was why the gaze turned to the Congress for Progressive Change but the admixture of hate-politics coupled with the brute force of state coercion subverted the people's will!
It was John Maxwell who wrote about the 'law of lid' in his '21 irrefutable laws of Leadership'. Therein he stated the lid placed on individuals, corporate concerns based on their leadership abilities.
With the array of human entities enveloped within the behemoth, unless there is an earth-rending miracle, it is doubtful if any PDP-led federal government can deliver uninterruptible power supply to Nigerians.

Rotimi.
To: naijapolitics <NaijaPolitics@yahoogroups.com>; Nigerian World Forum <NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>; Nigerian Observer group <naijaobserver@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, May 6, 2011 2:29:32 AM
Subject: ||NaijaObserver|| Olorunsogo power plant to start operation in November

Lead Image

Olorunsogo power plant to start operation in November

By Elizabeth Archibong

May 6, 2011 02:11AM

Print print Email email Share Share

The federal government yesterday said it would deliver an additional 750 mega watts of electricity to the national grid from the multi-million dollar Olorunsogo Phase 11 National Integrated Power (NIPP) by November this year.

The construction cost of the Olorunsogo NIPP is pegged at about $600 million by the federal government.

Other onging NIPPs are Omotosho, Ondo State; Ihovbo, Edo state; Alaoje, Abia state; Egbema, Imo state; Gbaran, Bayelsa state; Calabar, Cross River state; Omoku, Rivers state; Geregu, Kogi state and Sapele, Delta state.

Fielding questions from journalists after a working tour of the project, in Olorunsogo, Ogun state, Vice President Nnamadi Sambo said the government was committed to delivering stable electricity supply to Nigerians before the end of President Goodluck Jonathan's administration.

"In another six months from now, the entire project would be completed and have 750MW added to the national grid," he told journalists.

Improving the economy

Mr Sambo said, "We have just signed a contract with Nigerians and that is why we have to ensure that we deliver power to Nigerians", adding that the government of Mr. Jonathan was in a hurry to improve the social and economic lives of the citizenry. He said "We have no time to waste to improve our social staus and change the fortunes of Nigerians," reassuring the electorate of government's commitment to delivering on their election promises.

"I want to say to Nigerians that we are not resting. And that we have done our studies and we shall deliver on our promises and not fail Nigerians," he added. The VP expressed satisfaction over the progress of the work so far and said he was pleased to note that three of the four gas turbines had already been test run.

While thanking the Ogun State governor, Gbenga Daniel, who accompanied him on a tour of the project, the VP assured him of the federal government's commitment to ensuring that the state benefits maximally from the power project.

In his welcome remarks, Mr Daniel said the people of the state "are happy for this project because the people have been told that they will get priority attention".

The governor maintained that power remained central to the economic growth of a nation and urged the federal government to do more to put smiles on the faces of the electorate. He further expressed hope that the NIPP project would be completed in order to make electricity available to "our people".

Stable power supply

Nuhu Wya, minister of state power told our correspondent, during the inspection of the project, that the contract for the execution of the project was signed in 2007 by the federal government to boost power generation in the country.

While also reassuring the Ogun State government of government's commitment to ensuring that the people of the state are the primary beneficiary of the power project was doing everything possible to deliver stable power supply to Nigerians. The Olorunsogo NIPP is a combined circle facility with four gas and two steam turbines designed for maximum power generation efficiency. He further explained that "combined circle means that the exhaust gas from the gas turbines is recovered at about 650 degrees centigrade and used through the heat recovery steam generator to fire a steam turbine to generate additional power".

The effect, he said, "is that the exhaust heat that would otherwise be lost is recovered and used to generate additional electricity without bearing more gas".

According to him, the process increases the efficiency from about 35 percent to 50 percent. Mr Wya added that three of the four gas turbines were already running, stating that the 750MW will "contribute additional 20 percent of the total power available to Nigeria. This is a significant contribution to the available 4000MW".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by olaoyejcb(m): 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
ummmmmmm

1 Like

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by MizyB(f): 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
GEJ please stop doing this to us. Its really unfair! For the Past two weeks we no get light and you can still spew this t****.
Hian!

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by onos1979(f): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lies,for the past three months, we hardly see light.we that used to have light.since they sold it to that woman,we no longer see light.and yet they give estimated bills.someone should help me beg them to give us light.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by VIPERVENOM(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
“I have lived up to my campaign pledge to make the power sector a priority,”Jonathan told the gathering that included members of the Federal Executive Council,

22 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by sammyj: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by SuperModerator: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
GEJ said before the end of his first term, we will have constant power supply

Now, he is saying in 2 years time

His minister for power Chinedu Nebo said having constant power supply is not possible in the next 6 years.

Who is fooling who

Nigerians are gullible sha

100 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
What did i just see up there
He fulfilled his promise on power sector FOR WHERE??

Let him just start packing his loads down and get ready to go and continue his comedy at otueke......

SAI BUHARI
MARCHING FOR CHANGE grin

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by datguru: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Yes oooo. The problem is with the distributors and so called private sector

GEJ till 2019.

Besides, this is my 1994 th post on nairaland and the year 1994 is very significant to me so I here by dedicate this space to all my friends out there and my nairaland peeps, both the foolish and wise ones!

One love

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
ok n ders still no light here

i need a job
employers pm or contact
grakem58@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ok cry

Power sector is the greatest fraud in this country. Programmed by Jonathan and his cohort to suck us dry forever.

18 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
We are still generating at half our needs every day...so not yet uhuru for the Power sector.

1 Like

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by vantage7: 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
Oga, which levels na?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
You have fulfilled what promise? The promise of giving generator importers an enabling environment to flourish in their businesses abi?

Now I'm convinced this man is clueless!

26 Likes 1 Share

By giving us 24 hours of non interrupted power supply.

This man is truly clueless.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by iamtewwy(m): 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
[/]I just av only 2% charge on my fhone which I used my generator to charge my powerbnk and from powerbank to fhone! so Mr_clueless PhD holder

how did u fufil your promise [/b]

13 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by omenka(m): 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
Mr Jonathan, it is either you are living in Mars or the people you are surrounded with have been lying to you!

Call the minister of Power and ask him what we are currently generating and then go back in time to check the promises you made us as to what we would be producing right now!!

Is this man mentally alright at all

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by CLEARINGAGENT: 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ok, doe no light in my area.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan by adedayourt(m): 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
This guy must av taken his ogogoro again undecided

34 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Carrying A Boy At The Market? / Eyo Charles To Be Honoured By The Sha’aya’u S-Pawa Foundation After FFK's Insult / GRV Visits, Supports Those Injured By Election Violence In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.