Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) (2906 Views)

Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting / Nigeria History with the "Organization Of Islamic Conference (oic)" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by buchichukwu69: 2:21am On Feb 21, 2015
"Then you will know the truth,..............”

SPEECH BY PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN AT THE 12TH SESSION OF THE ISLAMIC SUMMIT CONFERENCE CAIRO, EGYPT 6TH – 7TH FEBRUARY 2013 (Abridged)

Your Excellency, Mohammed Morsi
President of the Arab Republic of Egypt and Chairman of the 12th Islamic Summit Conference
Secretary-General, Organisation of the Islamic Conference
Distinguished Delegates

Ladies and Gentlemen,

1. On behalf of myself and my Colleagues from the Africa Group, it is an honour for me to address the 12th Summit of the Organisation of Islamic Conference, holding here in Cairo, the capital city of Egypt which is widely acclaimed as the cradle of civilization.

2. I wish to convey my sincere appreciation to President Morsi, the Government and people of the Arab Republic of Egypt for the generous hospitality extended to me and my delegation since our arrival; and for the excellent arrangements made for this Summit. I wish also, to congratulate him on his election as the Chairman of this Summit. We are confident that his acknowledged leadership qualities will go a long way in supporting the active role, which the Organisation has been playing on the global scene.

5. The successful implementation of the poverty alleviation programmes is highly commendable. Equally so is the progress made in the domain of expanding intra-OIC trade, which has risen from 14.5% in 2005 to 17.71% in 2011.

7. While commending the various OIC institutions for their active contributions to these achievements, I wish to announce Nigeria’s support for the proposal to increase the authorized capital of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) from its present US$30 Billion to about US$50. It is our sincere belief that this new increase will assist the Bank, as it seeks to actualize the objectives for which this specialized OIC institution was established.

10. Mr. Chairman, since our last Summit, the global political and economic landscapes have presented additional challenges for which our Organisation has been called upon to address. The global financial and food crises reached their peaks during this period and left their impacts on the economies of our countries.

18.I thank you for your kind attention.

DR GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, GCON, GCFR
President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Pic 1: All attendees (GEJ arrowed)
Pic 2: GEJ + Morsi

http://reubenabati.com.ng/SPEECH-by-PRESIDENT-JONATHAN-AT-THE.html

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by buchichukwu69: 2:23am On Feb 21, 2015
So Jona knows the road to OIC now?
Later they'll say Buhari wants to Islamize Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by emeka2847: 2:25am On Feb 21, 2015
Chineke. Jona, who is deceiving who?

7 Likes

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by dustmalik: 2:27am On Feb 21, 2015
And they keep saying Buhari wants to Islamize Nigeria. Nonsense.

10 Likes

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by Charlotte15: 2:32am On Feb 21, 2015
He should have used the opportunity to talk about the tide of Islamic insurgency that was plaguing Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by Sparkle777(f): 2:39am On Feb 21, 2015
Wats the aims n objectives of oic?
Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by L0nestar(m): 2:40am On Feb 21, 2015
He only brushed a little on small and light arms, when Boko Haram was here bombing and wielding heavy weaponry
SMH

4 Likes

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by jars9: 2:45am On Feb 21, 2015
EVEN IF E ENTER INSIDE SAUDI ARABIA SHRINE WE GO STLL VOTE AM APC PLEASE TRY HARDER NEXT TIME.

1 Like

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by buchichukwu69: 3:14am On Feb 21, 2015
how I wish this post will make it to the front page

5 Likes

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by emeka2847: 3:20am On Feb 21, 2015
FLASHBACK: The Major Players In Nigeria's O.I.C Membership - Politics - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/2072477/flashback-major-players-nigerias-o.i.c
Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by Sylverbox(m): 3:59am On Feb 21, 2015
I would accept you if only you were just clueless but I hate Cowards!!!

1 Like

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by stinggy(m): 4:11am On Feb 21, 2015
dustmalik:
And they keep saying Buhari wants to Islamize Nigeria. Nonsense.

I wonder too

1 Like

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by eleko1: 4:27am On Feb 21, 2015
Once a clueless man,always a clueless one.What do u expect from a reta.rd.ed who eat billion Naira food? God is set to deliver us from the hand of the taskmaster who doesn't knw his left from rite.GEj MUST Goooooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by Beesluv: 4:56am On Feb 21, 2015
hmmmm

All in the name of campaign?
Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by EXLOVER(m): 4:59am On Feb 21, 2015
What's the big deal
Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by Smooyis(m): 5:39am On Feb 21, 2015
All politicians are decievers. They use religion and ethnicity to decieve the gullible. Wise up!
Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by princealbashir: 5:47am On Feb 21, 2015
Ebele Jonathan's plan to islamize Nigeria will not be successful by the grace of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by fckmn24seg(m): 5:47am On Feb 21, 2015
buchichukwu69:
So Jona knows the road to OIC now?
Later they'll say Buhari wants to Islamize Nigeria

Idiot Sambo also claimed that Osinbajo wants to christainize Nigeria, imagine?

3 Likes

Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 21, 2015
Another e-war thread.

Meanwhile US and Saudi Arabia are best of friends.
Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by jorlons(m): 6:10am On Feb 21, 2015
Each passing day I get more and more reason to vote this guy out of Aso rock.

No wonder McCain called him ''some guy/dude''.

Anyways GMB/PYO
Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by Rapmoney(m): 7:27am On Feb 21, 2015
Op, you messed up seriously!!! So you actually posted this crap finally? How did he drag Nigeria to OIC? Because he was invited to address delegates at a summit?
Re: First President To Drag Nigeria To OIC Conference (speech + Pictures) by hayoakins(m): 9:03am On Feb 21, 2015
This is interesting

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Shuns Opposition PDP Governors, Leaves For US With Only APC Delegation / 2 Beheaded, 4 Injured In Renewed Anambra/kogi Oil Wells Crisis / Buhari’s 22-man Entourage To New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.