Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan (21020 Views)

I Don’t Deserve This From APC Because I Helped Them To Power, Says Ex-nsa Dasuki / I Will Free Lagosians From APC- Jonathan / Details From APC Press Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Syphax(m): 12:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Durchmann:

Guy, you funny O!
No worry!!! Him battery go soon dull. Na China battery him dey use.

grin grin grin

Lol grin
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by MistadeRegal(m): 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
[quote author=F

Nna men! This one na family regime o!
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by harbarzzy(m): 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
stebell:

Ask yourself one simple question. Where is OBJ the APC navigator today in Naija's politics.
#nowhere.
OBJ is now ur enemy for sayin d truth! U only supporting gej cos is ur brother no potential reasons..its well!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Suljosh: 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
Who told him we are in bondage? And who is advising him for christ sake?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by toyecoach(m): 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
makzeze:
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that he would free the people of Lagos State from the “bondage” of the All Progressives Congress (APC), which has ruled the state since the inception of the fourth republic in 1999. He asked the people not to vote for APC during the rescheduled general elections but to cast their votes for all the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidates contesting elections, so as to be free from APC’s alleged 16 years of oppression.
The President said this yesterday when a group of market women in the state paid him solidarity visit at the State House, Marina, Lagos. Jonathan promised the market women that a PDP-led administration in the state would provide the enabling environment for traders to do business without hindrance.

Jonathan commended the women for supporting his re-election bid and urged them not to be intimidated by the opposition, saying, “I have listened to you; you have been carrying the PDP flag; you have been humiliated but you still marched on. Thank you for working hard for PDP. This is the final struggle and the time for us to use all our strength to achieve victory.”

Earlier, the leader of the visiting team, Hajia Aminat Hussein, had told Jonathan that they had stood by the PDP since its inception but regretted that the members suffered harassment under the APC-led government in the state.

Source:http://dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/new-news/19083-i-ll-free-lagosians-from-apc-jonathan

While Buhari will free Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by cytellProperty: 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ashiwere Progressives Congress is full of corrupt and unscrupulous politician. Massive fraud and corruption in most of the local governments and LCDA's and yet Thief-nubu and co will say they should be returned unopposed just because they carry broom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by ola6: 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
[size=14pt]GEJ Please come and save us in Lagos o! We are tired of Tinubu and the APC[/size]

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Ryabcool(m): 12:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:

Poverty has really eaten deep into you and you keep supporting GEJ. Why don't you emancipate yourself from mental slavery and see the light. You can still have a better life my dear. vote for change and free your childern from poverty. Your baby on your DP looks like a mini-witch as a result of poverty. You are a disgrace my friend undecided See the type of TV you have in your room and you're still supporting GEJ. Smh, i pray u don't die of poverty

1 Like

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Ilemona93(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
CHANGE is coming ..... To LAGOS time to live tinubu and co jimi agbaje 4 lagos Goodluck 4 naijaria

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re.tardness re-defined! EVEN D ANIMALS U ABANDONED AT OTUOKE ZOO WILL LAFF @ THIS UR DRY JOKE......apc till kingdom come!
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by irunobo3(f): 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
[quote author=Ryabcool post=30941802][/quote]

grin
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Firefire(m): 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
ola6:
[size=14pt]GEJ Please come and save us in Lagos o! We are tired of Tinubu and the APC[/size]

Aligned!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by dodokire12: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
Okupe said Jonatan Is like Jesus Christ,thats why he wants to free lagosians from Bondage.

OTUOKE CLOWN.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Tafidah(m): 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
free Nigeria from Bokoharam first clueless bastard
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by AreaFada2: 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:

You're not supporting any political campaign, you detest people parroting each other and yet you're spewing the same exact talking point every PDP members spews.

We're here talking about Lagos state and the the liberation crusade, you're listing advertised achievements as usual. You're talking OBJ and others, what does that have to do with what we were talking about. You just went into the typical GEJ supporter default mode

If you admit Fashola is a decent man so what is this liberation that you were trying to justify earlier? What it just means is no matter how much Tinubu is involved in the general affairs of the state, Fashola still has a freehand to achieve all he did. So my question again, where's the liberation talk coming from?

The same talking point is "Fashola is there, why Buhari" I'm not a member of APC, what I mean is I've never registered as any party member or attended any party meetings but I was one of those clamoring for Buhari. I would have loved to see a Buhari/Fashola ticket but people killed it because of the muslim/muslim thing. I wanted Buhari because of his stance on corruption, lies and character assassination aside, Buhari has always been know as someone that has a low tolerance for corruption. Corruption, to me, is our number one problem in Nigeria. Almost every problem can be traced back to corruption. When money meant for developing a nation is diverted into the accounts of few individuals then Nigeria will never live up to her potential. The reason I agree Buhari should be number one is because he could go there tackle corruption and Fashola as number 2 could use the funds recovered from corruption to fulfill his great ambitions and visions.

I'm still hopeful though because Fashola is one of those Buhari has promised to bring to Aso Rock if elected.

Lol, I laud Fashola's achievement. Irrespective of which party he belongs to. Many PDP people rubbish his record. But I'm NOT a PDP member. I saw/see some of Fashola's achievement & base my judgement on that.

I presume you were a kid or not born yet during GMB's regime. Buhari did not fight any corruption the way people portray it. He merely punished Southern politicians like Dr Ekwueme & Pa Ajasin because they were not "his" people. Nothing against them.
Shagari who was over all in charge was chilling in a mansion, Southerners with nothing against them or just mere party donation from contractors were in jail. Aside Barkin Zuwo (with lots of money in bedroom) and one or two other Northern 2nd republic politician, no other were punished. If you don't know the history behind Umaru Dikko & Buhari that motivated attempted crating, then you know nothing about them.

My own close relative, a respected journalist of over 30 years then who tried revealing the hypocrisy of Buhari's govt was harassed and sacked from his civil service job. If Buhari is so clean and respects democracy, why did he refuse to appear before OPUTA PANEL?

Ask GMB to return the 2.8 billion he stole as oil minister, that Shagari traced to London Midland Bank account in Buhari's name (the reason he quickly overthrew Shagari) & the mismanaged 25 billion (as found out by OBJ) at PTDF under his watch.

When I briefly met GMB & heard his live speech when he was head of state, I thought he was decent until he unleashed his brutality.

Then we can talk of anti-corruption stance.

Now do you dispute any of those things GEJ achieved so far? Like new universities, Almajiri schools, Nissan producing in Nigeria, working railway??

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by sokera: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
Baawaa:
Jonathan is a comedian, OBJ that strong than you politically cannot do it talk less of you that we all know as clueless President.
hahah my Broda abi Na sister ? Don't mind the clueless man , he thinks Lag is Rivers, Delta or Ekiti .... GEJ make sure you have your doctor beside you before they release the election results oooo.... Your greatest shock at heart await you ...
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
Lagos troubles are getting out of hand but they will be Transformed for better as soon as president GEJ is re-elected for this year election***

PresidentGEJtill2019.com

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by miketayo(m): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
stebell:

Yu don't kno politics. It's not about strenght but brain.
If OBJ is that strong as yu claim, why is he being chased away by a Jonathan??

Look at the PDP in the South West, yu can't find OBJ boys again. The ones still remaining hav pledge their support for GEJ. So yu see it's not about being strong but having brains broda.

GEJ is the man.

if OBJ was strongly behind PDP or GEJ, do u think Bhuari would stands a chance? no need to postpone d election even
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Zakariwil: 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
APC PACK AND GO!!!

LAGOS BE FREEEEEE!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by marymary2: 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
Firefire:
God bless the President and all lovers of freedom.

Rejoice oh Lagos, your liberation has come.

Guy pack well. we lagosians are not complaining, u don't hv any reasonable point. The only needed liberation is from d rule of PDP. Ur gov promised steady power supply for over 16yrs yet no light. seems u want to enjoy another four years of darkness not to talk of the empty federation acct. I see hunger knocking at your door.Me i want change as no nepa light for my area nw for 5 days.
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by phemark: 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
Uncle Jona, pls free urself from De bondage of corruption n lots. U can only fool 1 person @ a time but u can't fool everybody @ De same time.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by stebell(m): 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
miketayo:

if OBJ was strongly behind PDP or GEJ, do u think Bhuari would stands a chance? no need to postpone d election even

OBJ leaving PDP rite now is the best thing to happen to GEJs team.
Let's see hw the election results turn out
OBJ has no electoral value again in the West.
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by TITOBIGZ(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
chamboy:
And Buhari would deliver Nigeria From PdP
#gbam
#saiBaba all the way.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by stebell(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:

Poverty has really eaten deep into you and you keep supporting GEJ. Why don't you emancipate yourself from mental slavery and see the light. You can still have a better life my dear. vote for change and free your childern from poverty. Your baby on your DP looks like a mini-witch as a result of poverty. You are a disgrace my friend undecided See the type of TV you have in your room and you're still supporting GEJ. Smh, i pray u don't die of poverty

If yu are poor am not. Get that into ur empty skull.

I'm not like yu. Yu poverty striken child of the devil. Hw can I be poor wit all the royalty I and ma peeps as youth receives frm NLNG and TOTAL.
Yu must be the definition of poverty.
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º=))=))
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by miketayo(m): 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
stebell:

OBJ leaving PDP rite now is the best thing to happen to GEJs team.
Let's see hw the election results turn out
OBJ has no electoral value again in the West.

u think?
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by mrmetoo1: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
AreaFada2:

Lol, I laud Fashola's achievement. Irrespective of which party he belongs to. Many PDP people rubbish his record. But I'm NOT a PDP member. I saw/see some of Fashola's achievement & base my judgement on that.

I presume you were a kid or not born yet during GMB's regime. Buhari did not fight any corruption the way people portray it. He merely punished Southern politicians like Dr Ekwueme & Pa Ajasin because they were not "his" people. Nothing against them.
Shagari who was over all in charge was chilling in a mansion, Southerners with nothing against them or just mere party donation from contractors were in jail. Aside Barkin Zuwo (with lots of money in bedroom) and one or two other Northern 2nd republic politician, no other were punished. If you don't know the history behind Umaru Dikko & Buhari that motivated attempted creating, then you know nothing about them.

My own close relative, a respected journalist of over 30 years then who tried revealing the hypocrisy of Buhari's govt was harassed and sacked from his civil service job. If Buhari is so clean and respects democracy, why did he refuse to appear before OPUTA PANEL?

Ask GMB to return the 2.8 billion he stole as oil minister, that Shagari traced to London Midland Bank account in Buhari's name (the reason he quickly overthrew Shagari) & the mismanaged 25 billion (as found out by OBJ) at PTDF under his watch.

When I briefly met GMB & heard his live speech when he was head of state, I thought he was decent until he unleashed his brutality.

Now do you dispute any of those things GEJ achieved so far? Like new universities, Almajiri schools, Nissan producing in Nigeria, working railway??

I was born but I was a child then so yes you're right I can't remember his regime. My parents were born however and knew very well what was going on. I've asked them several times about it and they have said there was nothing wrong with his regime. My parents were not beneficiaries of his government so lets not go there. My mom said he tried to instill discipline which she commends in for. So different people had different experiences. If his regime was that horrible then it'll be safe to assume that people above a certain age won't vote for him but we all know thats not true.

Again you don't parrot talking points but here we come again with the $2.8B, please provide the proof because you sound very sure that he stole it. We thank God Shagari is still alive, perhaps you can get your reporter friend to arrange an interview with Shagari so that he does a "tell all" Lets deal with proven facts and not hear say. If I begin to talk about alleged crimes committed, no amount of paper in the world will be enough to fill it. Rumors are out there about how much Patience and GEJ stole during their time in Bayelsa but you won't ever hear me use that against them because it has never been proven. They weren't arrested yet, so I can't say without a doubt that its true or false.

I hate talking about the railways. Maybe tell me where you live first then we can start a discussion on the railways. Then again this thread wasn't about Jonathan's achievements, you keep slipping back to the PDP advertised achievements (mp3 achievements as they're also called)
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by ba7man(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
stebell:

If yu are poor am not. Get that into ur empty skull.

I'm not like yu. Yu poverty striken child of the devil. Hw can I be poor wit all the royalty I and ma peeps as youth receives frm NLNG and TOTAL.
Yu must be the definition of poverty.
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º=))=))
Change your TV first, then people might believe you.
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by LagosBoi2(m): 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

What's a shallow brain like you expecting the president to learn about Lagos? Are you so senile to remember that Jonathan won Lagos in the last election with Landslide? Have you also forgotten that he equally beat Fashola and Tinubu black and blue in their respective polling booths and wards? Instead of tackling the message, you're entangled with vilifying the messenger. Is Lagos not under the bondage and oppression of Tinubu and Fashola? March 28 and April 11 will open your eyes to see how Lagosians are disenchanted with APC.

I understand your brain can be blocked, It shows how backward you are when it comes to politics, If you think 2015 is 2011 then you must be dreaming, you need someone to wake you up. Jonathan scammed everyone nationwide with "I had no shoes" guess what He turned out to be the worst president ever...You can value a mad man in your south south village....We value intellectuals in the South West. We reason with our brains not with our religion.

God Bless GMB
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by LagosBoi2(m): 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

shut up Lagos is a no man's land! If it is not how come the majority of the lands and houses there are owned and controlled by non indigenes?

You state/village is a no man's land, your state is controlled by non indigenes, Do you know how it feels now mumu?
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by sevule(m): 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
AreaFada2:

Shagari who was over all in charge was chilling in a mansion, Southerners with nothing against them or just mere party donation from contractors were in jail. Aside Barkin Zuwo (with lots of money in bedroom) and one or two other Northern 2nd republic politician, no other were punished. If you don't know the history behind Umaru Dikko & Buhari that motivated attempted creating, then you know nothing about them.

You said quite a lot in your well worded response but I think you deliberately misrepresented the facts. Let us start with mismanagement of PTF. I have no idea where you got the 25 Billion you alleged Buhari mismanaged under PTF but let us look at how PTF was established. PTF was established using the funds that accrued to government as a result of the fuel increment.

Let us remember that what was budgeted for PTF was about 3 Naira (not sure of the exact figure) for every litre of petrol sold. In spite of this "pittance" no single Nigerian can say they were not touched by PTF. A lot of the Federal roads today were tarred by PTF. PTF provided drugs to federal hospitals and equipped virtually all the Federal schools and colleges.

Fast forward to today. Jonathan presided at a time when oil prices reached their highest ever price. Nigeria earned enough money to build 30 PTFs and still have change! And what do we have? Second hand coaches and a railway that takes 2 days to get to the North from Lagos! Is this the reason we should be [b]THANKFUL?? [/b]Don't you read the news, Sir? Aren't you aware of the [b]MONUMENTAL CORRUPTION [/b]that is going on?

You also mentioned Nissan. Like seriously? Are we supposed to be doing cartwheels because Nissan built an assembly plani in Nigeria? They didn't even build it, they simply converted an old assembly plant!! Have you forgotten that in the 90s we had Volkswagen, Steyr and Peugeot assembly plants. In any other country the president wouldn't even commission an assembly plant because there is nothing to it. The plant was built by a private company so please stop ascribing it to Jonathan.

It is sad that this is the sum of Jonathan's legacy - monumental corruption, a privately owned assembly plant and tokunbo locomotives
Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by Ngokafor(f): 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
...Lagos State sure needs change..Lagosians must be free from Tinubu's strangle-hold..

...and i see that happening with Agbaje as Governor..

...enough of tinubu and his area boys cum touts as supporters rampaging all over Lagos..crooks! angry

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan by kollinpowel(m): 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
we are not in bondage oga jona angrywe are not in bondage oga jona

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Juju Oath Of Political Godfathers (Opinion) / Major Events And Dates In Nigeria's History (timelines: Pre 1960-2000) / Nigerians Will See True Change By 2018 – Vice President Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.