Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

5 Facts About Forgiveness - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Facts About Forgiveness (24910 Views)

5 Truths About Forgiveness / Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Empiree: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:

She created the acct yesterday.
I just found out now. I wont interfare with her unless she crosses my line again. I will kick her again.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by madjune(m): 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
milychocs:

Well I am sorry
...do you wanna have a sad Sunday?
If so, why, be my guest......knock yourself out
Cheers

Every day is a God blessed and happy day.
Its only in Nigeria that funny people wish "happy monday, tuesday, rainy day etc"

And most atimes, its sychophantic and patronising.

How can one ever have a happy anything when Jonathan has messed up the country?

Have a good day.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
madjune:

Every day is a God blessed and happy day.
Its only in Nigeria that funny people wish "happy monday, tuesday, rainy day etc"

And most atimes, its sychophantic and patronising.

How can one ever have a happy anything when Jonathan has messed up the country?

Have a good day.

For me...it is something I like getting...cos that way it is like I am getting a prayer or a wish
And I would wish on it too
And my day will turn out just great
Cheers....
Bye
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Lex11(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." - Matthew 6:14-15

This world would be dramatically different if everyone were inclined to love and forgive!
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
How do you do it? Share the secret please.

Me, when someone offends me(especially when we ain't close) I see my self withdrawing.

I wish I could tell you, "oh it's a Zen thing and all that self discovery stuff" cheesy
It is just the way I am
...I remember an instance where I bore a massive grudge

In secondary school I once upset a friend (forgotten what now) ...and during break, I bought a snack and a Coke and took them to her class, as a forgive me gesture

Two days after that, during a gist session in the hostel, she said that one thing she always prided herself on was the fact that her daddy brought them up never to say sorry, that it showed how heroic they all were at home! shocked
I felt like I had been shot cheesy
Meanwhile I had been loving her, fighting her battles ( she would be wrong but cos of me, she would get some reprieve)

After, that, I orchestrated a return gangup against her, and during SSCE days, it was a horror for her I am sure
But I remember how hollow that " victory" made me feel
Anyway....yeah, it is basically just the way I am, not an achievement
No secret to it at all...

Cheers
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by madjune(m): 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
milychocs:

For me...it is something I like getting...cos that way it is like I am getting a prayer or a wish
And I would wish on it too
And my day will turn out just great
Cheers....
Bye

I undertand.
You know I do. (Winks)
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Mattpopson101: 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2015
Hmmm, U came up with a solid point.
franconian:
Forgive? Well I personally don't take things to heart but that's just me....it's not because of the bible quotations the OP cited above.

Now let's look at the bigger picture (from the bible viewpoint). God whom Christians claim to have commanded them to forgive had actually not led by example. He still keep enmity with Satan the Devil, hopefully awaiting the day he would destroy him totally.

Now, the bible admonishes us to forgive our offenders (perhaps, our enemies) yet the bible didn't record any attempt by God to make things right with Satan.

And now, God is using his creatures (humans) to prove to Satan that he is "da boss". Else, why would he expose the relatively weak human who did not even realise that he was naked to someone who was able to deceive perfect angels (who knew God personally) to fight against God? And the bible even recorded that heaven, God's abode, knew no peace until Satan and his gang where dismissed and banned from heaven. And that was when he was thrown down to earth (our realm) where humans would later reside?

I believe man was bound to fall, Satan is a very persistent being. If Eve had overcome him in that particular encounter, he will surely return to tempt them again until they eventually fall....He even tempted Christ 3 times. To me, Adam and Eve had no escape route considering that what is suppose to deter them from falling is death, which they knew nothing about....they don't even know if it is sweet or bitter. If angels could fall to Satan's trick, the first two humans had no real chance of succeeding.

To me, God is using us to flex muscles with the Devil. Man fell because Devil exist as an enemy of God...not a friend.
All what we suffer today is as a result of God's Unforgiven attribute!

If God could keep enmity, who are my

At times, I just want to let go of these things called religions cos so many things don't add up. And when you attempt to reason with their fanatics, they term you a blasphemer.

Religion is truly the opium of the people (at least, most people).

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by SamuelAgent(m): 7:32am On Feb 23, 2015
Forgiveness is not for the weak, it's an attribute of the STRONG.

Forgive !!! not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve PEACE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by mecussey(m): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Thanks for sharing... I have a challenge... I find it difficult to forgive... I am working on it.

Anytime I drink beer, I forgive everybody both in advance and in areas
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:47am On Feb 23, 2015
Guess its time to start drinking beer...
mecussey:

Anytime I drink beer, I forgive everybody both in advance and in areas
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 24, 2015
SamuelAgent:

God bless you.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by SamuelAgent(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
God bless you.

Amen.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by brocab: 4:02am On Dec 13, 2019
Well said:
SamuelAgent:

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by emmyileri(m): 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4URKHvdky8g&t=14s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxiOheZe4ks&t=28s
Forgetting is in letting go of the pain and the resentment that comes with the memory and it the memory itself
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by emmyileri(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Wet Dream really A Sin? / Who Is The Son Of God And The Son Of Man To The Grail Message. / Princewill Iheme: Only Igbo President Will Save Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.