Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" (1641 Views)

Is Steady Electricity Possible In Nigeria? / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola / Nigerians Are Happy With Power Supply- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Charlesdonald(m): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has reiterated his
administration’s commitment to the provision
of stable electricity in the country.
Speaking at the inauguration of Unit 4 and Unit
6 of the Egbin thermal plant in Lagos, Saturday,
Mr. Jonathan said he would not rest until
Nigerians begin to enjoy steady power supply.
“For government, there is no going back until
we surely stabilise power in the country,” Mr.
Jonathan said.
“The Egbin power plant and the result shown
today demonstrate without doubt that we have
made a strong foundation upon which we are
building a sound and sustainable electricity
industry.
“Let me restate that we are committed to
irreversibly reposition the Nigerian power
sector as a pivot for the attainment of our
nation’s development targets.”
In January, the Egbin Power Plc announced the
completion of its rehabilitation of a Steam
Turbine generator, raising its capacity by
220MW (megawatts) and bringing the plant
back to its installed capacity of 1,320MW.
The generator, which was commissioned in
November 1987, had been grounded for over
eight years after suffering a boiler explosion in
Though the company had stated in January that
the rehabilitated turbine would bring about an
increased power supply to Lagos and its
environs, the areas have continued to witness
poor power supply.
On Saturday, Mr. Jonathan restated that the
restoration of the plant would be beneficial to
the Lagos industrial layout and its environs,
leading to job creation.
The president further noted that the
rehabilitation would extend the life span of the
power plant by 20 years, adding that the power
sector privatization had yielded more dividends
to the country.
He also said that his administration is exploring
various options to diversify energy source in
order to remain the largest economy in the
continent.
In his remarks, Chinedu Nebo, the Minister of
Power, said that the company’s new investor had funnelled over
N50 billion to rehabilitate the plant.
Mr. Nebo said while other operators in the sector had failed to
hire or employ any engineer over the past 16 years, Egbin plant
had hired over 100 engineers in training.
According to him, work in the other power generation
companies has boosted the nation’s power generation capacity,
noting that Ughelli had increased to 600MW, Shiroro 600MW,
and Kainji 230MW.
The minister also said that a minimum of 5,000MW would be
added to the grid at the completion of the coal turbines across
the country.

Source::: www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/177298-i-will-not-rest-until-there-is-steady-power-supply-jonathan.html
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by GboyegaD(m): 8:41am On Feb 22, 2015
Thought he said he had delivered the power he promised. This man is highly confused.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by praxisnetworks: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan is not clueless he is a wicked man....extremely wicked and dull

why now why....why not 2 years ago.....even when we have been selling crude above bench mark for good straight 5 years! Yets six months drop is killing our economy forcing depreciation in naira! 315 Naira to the Pound! This dimwit will not work if re-elected he'll simply go and hide under his bunker drinking ogogoro in wrapper!.....Why is he tackling Boko Haram now....simply because the signs are there that he's loosing this election...so he is only motivated by the 2nd term ambition.....so if voted in what reasons will he have to perform? NONE!!!

5 Likes

Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Lennylinconlee(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2015
Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by mrvitalis(m): 8:44am On Feb 22, 2015
especially Ur home. town u will need it soon

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by DahtzFestjayz: 8:45am On Feb 22, 2015
You dont need to Rest in Aso Rock, its Otueke Sai Buhari Sai Baba #March4Buhari #March4GMB

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by mormoni(m): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2015
Mtswww
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by emperorchedda(m): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2015
Hahahahahaha but you've been resting until Buhari started pulling record breaking weight

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Odehfamily(m): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2015
Yeah.. PDP have been ruling for so long..
Today they will say we will stabilize Power
Supply ;come to take a good look at it: from
1999 till date, if the trillions of Naira been spent
in Electricity in Nigeria is been spent in a
country that have never experienced Power
supply before, I don't think they will ever
experienced light-Out..
Everyday, if Jonathan wants to show what he
has being doing for the past 6years.. he will
start shouting "we brought back railways " ....
Please can anyone just challenged me by
telling me that he has entered any of those
trains shown on AIT or NTA then, were is
the so called Trains for 4years... for your
information, he is boasting with the bilateral
"LOAN" he had with Chinese.. you ma you
know CHINA PHONES naa.. no be untill I tell
you.. Jonathan can never complete that
Railway Nigerian boast of in the 1980s now in
this our era.. where a Women can steal millions
of Naira to buy for herself Bullet proof cars.. I
rest ma case..
I urge you guys to vote for Buhari and
Professor.. they are going to try their best.. I
know that Soldiers are tried of standing on the
Highway.. they need a change... Even 2pac
also said "Let's change the way we Think ".. Frm Comrade Abubakar ABU Zaria
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by vjsmiles: 8:50am On Feb 22, 2015
OF WHAT USE IS THE POWER WHEN NIGERIANS LIVE IN FEAR OF INSURGENCY angry

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by otokx(m): 8:50am On Feb 22, 2015
Please Mr President, remember UNIPORT and give us electricity.
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 22, 2015
U said d same thing four years ago
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by vjsmiles: 8:51am On Feb 22, 2015
Odehfamily:
Yeah.. PDP have been ruling for so long..
Today they will say we will stabilize Power
Supply ;come to take a good look at it: from
1999 till date, if the trillions of Naira been spent
in Electricity in Nigeria is been spent in a
country that have never experienced Power
supply before, I don't think they will ever
experienced light-Out..
Everyday, if Jonathan wants to show what he
has being doing for the past 6years.. he will
start shouting "we brought back railways " ....
Please can anyone just challenged me by
telling me that he has entered any of those
trains shown on AIT or NTA then, were is
the so called Trains for 4years... for your
information, he is boasting with the bilateral
"LOAN" he had with Chinese.. you ma you
know CHINA PHONES naa.. no be untill I tell
you.. Jonathan can never complete that
Railway Nigerian boast of in the 1980s now in
this our era.. where a Women can steal millions
of Naira to buy for herself Bullet proof cars.. I
rest ma case..
I urge you guys to vote for Buhari and
Professor.. they are going to try their best.. I
know that Soldiers are tried of standing on the
Highway.. they need a change... Even 2pac
also said "Let's change the way we Think ".. Frm Comrade Abubakar ABU Zaria
YOUR ENGLISH SUFFERING SYSTEM MALFUNCTION shocked
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by praxisnetworks: 8:52am On Feb 22, 2015
Don't mind the wicked thing!

vjsmiles:
OF WHAT USE IS THE POWER WHEN NIGERIANS LIVE IN FEAR OF INSURGENCY angry
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by arcis: 8:55am On Feb 22, 2015
Even if GEJ stay in office still 2056, trust me we can not get stable Electricity. By there words and actions, we shall know them......

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by thaoriginator: 8:56am On Feb 22, 2015
But you have already don that na sir. We have steady power daily now sir. All my drinks have tunred ice sef. I'm even tire of the light sef. Someone should pls give me PHCN's number so I can tell the to off the light. Thank you sir..

GEJ till 2019 angry
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 22, 2015
See this our presido, his utterances sometimes always baffle me....nawa 4 u o
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Charlesdonald(m): 9:03am On Feb 22, 2015
thaoriginator:
But you have already don that na sir. We have steady power daily now sir. All my drinks have tunred ice sef. I'm even tire of the light sef. Someone should pls give me PHCN's number so I can tell the to off the light. Thank you sir..

GEJ till 2019 angry
where is ti?
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by thaoriginator: 9:05am On Feb 22, 2015
Charlesdonald:
where is ti?
O boy, I just wake up from dream o
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Charlesdonald(m): 9:06am On Feb 22, 2015
thaoriginator:
ohihohihohi. U knw well bross
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by thaoriginator: 9:09am On Feb 22, 2015
Charlesdonald:
ohihohihohi. U knw well bross
grin ah well o
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Charlesdonald(m): 9:10am On Feb 22, 2015
thaoriginator:
grin ah well o
u sure?
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Tattooboy: 9:17am On Feb 22, 2015
thaoriginator:
pls don't eva fall asleep again
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by ishiamu(m): 9:18am On Feb 22, 2015
GboyegaD:
Thought he said he had delivered the power he promised. This man is highly confused.

Bomb dey ur head Can't you hope for good things in this country other than criticism?? Well that's janjanweed 4 u carry on
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Jwonder(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ!!! My niccur!
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by thaoriginator: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2015
Tattooboy:
pls don't eva fall asleep again
even if there will be light?cry
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by GboyegaD(m): 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
ishiamu:

Bomb dey ur head Can't you hope for good things in this country other than criticism?? Well that's janjanweed 4 u carry on

He should learn to be more responsible when talking and not antagonizing himself every now and then.
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by tunex23: 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
PDP = Scammers!!!
Another big fat lie has just been achievedby GEJ, this bunch of criminals keep deceiving innocent Nigerians.
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by ishiamu(m): 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
GboyegaD:

He should learn to be more responsible when talking and not antagonizing himself every now and then.

Janjanweed GTFO
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Kingspin(m): 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
You dont need to Rest in Aso Rock, its Otueke Sai Buhari Sai Baba #March4Buhari #March4GMB
Change can be anything?
Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
Charlesdonald:
Mr. Jonathan said he would not rest until
Nigerians begin to enjoy steady power supply.
“For government, there is no going back until
we surely stabilise power in the country,”
Let's hope you achieve that before you hand over to GMB on the 29th of May.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Rest Until There Is Steady Power Supply — Jonathan" by Odehfamily(m): 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
vjsmiles:
YOUR ENGLISH SUFFERING SYSTEM MALFUNCTION shocked
Your own English is epileptic and obnoxious.. Even your username is meaningless..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shoki Master, Lil Kesh Buy Him Self New Ride (photos) / Breaking: Lamido Under Pressure To Damage Buhari’s Image. / Bama Invasion On Video (trailer). Part 1 now included

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.