Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. (17910 Views)

Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) / 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People / An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thames Ritual Murder of Adam

"Adam" is the name given to a young Nigerian boy whose torso was discovered in the River Thames, London on 21 September 2001. He is believed to have been between the ages of four and seven. The murder is believed to be linked to a ritual killing. Despite the use of forensic science, the Metropolitan Police Service have not caught the killer.

The torso was discovered on the afternoon of Friday, 21 September 2001, as it floated past the Tower of London towards Tower Bridge in Central London. A passer-by crossing the bridge had noticed an orange object in the water, and realizing it was a body as it passed under the bridge, alerted the police. The Metropolitan Police sent its marine search unit to the scene, who recovered the torso further downstream. The body was found to be the torso of a young black child, the orange being a pair of shorts around the stumps of the legs.

The discovery of the torso shocked police, and prompted massive media coverage in the United Kingdom and around the world. The police named the body Adam in the absence of any positive identification (and probably in response to being the first victim of ritual killings in the UK)..

There have been considerable developments in the case since the investigation began.

Initial investigations

Police soon realised after recovering only the torso, that the circumstances were unusual and not typical of a sex-related murder. It was initially suspected that the murder was a medicine murder. This type of killing involves the removal of body parts such as the ears or genitals. However Adam's genitals were not removed, and the police ruled out this theory.

Post mortem

A post-mortem was carried out on Adam's remains. This established from the amount of British food in Adam's stomach and pollen in his lungs that he had only been in the United Kingdom for a few days. A potion that contained ingredients used in West African ritual magic was also discovered in his stomach.

Nigerian link

Adam's bones were also analysed to see if it could determine his geographical origins. As everything a person eats bears the trace of the soil of where it was grown or reared, soil samples were compared to places around the world. Scientists determined from this that Adam originated in Nigeria.
Metropolitan police travelled to Nigeria and launched a campaign to track Adam's parents. Despite visiting elementary schools and looking at reported missing children in the region, there was no success.

Linked cases

In July 2002, a Nigerian woman arrived in the UK from Germany, claiming to have fled from a Yoruba cult that practised ritual murders. She claimed that they attempted to kill her son, and that she knew Adam was murdered in London by his parents. However, police searching her flat found orange shorts with the same clothing label as those found on Adam.
Surveillance of the woman's associates brought the police to another Nigerian, a man named Kingsley Ojo. Searching of Ojo's house found a series of ritual items, however none of the DNA on the items matched Adam's DNA. Ojo was charged with child trafficking offences and jailed for four years in 2004.

Developments in the case

Progress on the case has been considerable given the lack of evidence and the existence of only Adam's torso. However, the lack of dental records or face imagery has been a major block to solving the crime. Still, Metropolitan police believe the publicity surrounding the case has acted as a deterrent for further ritual crimes in the UK.

The police also note that Adam would never have been found if his body had washed out into the North Sea, which would have occurred only two turns of the tide after his discovery.

On 29 March 2011, it was discovered that the torso belonged to that of 6-year old, Ikpomwosa, after a TV-Crew managed to track down a woman who used to care for him in Germany, due to his parents being deported back to Nigeria. Mother of two, Joyce Osiagede had told ITV London Tonight that she handed the 6-year old to a man—reportedly named Bawa, who proceeded to take the child to London. Detectives have said that this is a 'major breakthrough.

In 2012, the BBC was contacted by Joyce Osiagede who declared that she was prepared to tell them everything she knew about the boy. Osiagede revealed that the Adam's real name was in fact Patrick Erhabor and not Ikpomwosa. She also identified Bawa as Kingsley Ojo and said that she had wrongly identified a photograph that had been circulating in the press as Patrick when it was in fact of a friend's living son.

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
Get a copy of Dr. Hoskins book, The Boy in the River . He was able to make the connection from forensic analysis linking young Adam's murder to ritualized killings involving Oshun worship.

Dr. Hoskins was threatened by one Tania Olusegun who promised to deal with him after he made a revelation on tv citing connections to Oshun worship.

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by freeDR(m): 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
[quote author=juman post=55192208][/quote]
I'm impressed
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ThatIgboBoy: 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:
Get a copy of Dr. Hoskins book, The Boy in the River . He was able to make the connection from forensic analysis linking young Adam's murder to ritualized killings involving Oshun worship.

Dr. Hoskins was threatened by one Tania Olusegun who promised to deal with him after he made a revelation on tv citing connections to Oshun worship.

I love how u research

Are u bishopMagic?

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
ThatIgboBoy:

I love how u research

Are u bishopMagic?

I can neither confirm or deny that wink
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ThatIgboBoy: 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

I can neither confirm or deny that wink

Lol

Nice one bro. I enjoy ur wite ups.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
ThatIgboBoy:

Lol

Nice one bro. I enjoy ur wite ups.

Thanks!
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by 9jabull: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
Yoruba & human ritual/sacrifice are 5&6, after one miss informed guy will say otokoto starts human ritual.

Thats how Oba of Itire killed one of his cheif's son. To the extent that agbero started collecting money from bus, okada & keke to bail their Oba.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by 9jabull: 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
meforyou1:
Wow, what a captivating story, though sad. Believe you me, if it were now, that Oba would have been a freed man

Your 100% right, tipical example is Oba of Itire who killed one of his own a young man that just finished NYSC.

I thought the Oba will never die but God pass him & he died last year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Dedetwo(m): 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
This is known and established old tribal act of inhumanity against mankind by the Yoruba people of Nigeria. By the way, there goes the sophistication.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Jlow2: 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
No be today awolowo start to support massacre!! ready for ya bashin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
donratcock:
The era when there was justice

The judges seemed like whitemen

2 Likes

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by donratcock: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

The judges seemed like whitemen
Yes they were white men
If it was in this present time the judge would have giving a contrary judgement

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
Jlow2:
No be today awolowo start to support massacre!! ready for ya bashin

Awolowo remains the worst thing to happen to Africa.

A direct descendant of the Yoruba patriarch - lucifer

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
donratcock:

Yes they were white men
If it was in this present time the judge would have giving a contrary judgement

Yeah. I was shocked by the way the judges held their stand and wont bulge no matter how the defendant lawyer tried to spin story. Then i went back and read the judge's name AGAIN it became clear to me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Guestlander: 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
ThatIgboBoy:

I love how u research

Are u bishopMagic?

He is lying, don't be a fool. Ask for the link to the story and see if the name given there was Tania Olusegun. He is spreading falsehood.
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
Guestlander:

He is lying, don't be a fool. Ask for the link to the story and see if the name given there was Tania Olusegun. He is spreading falsehood.

Bloody afonja.

I have since posted the link and it is the UK Guardian that cullled excerpts from Dr. Hopkins book.

Try another lie you child of perdirion
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
Guestlander:

Experts on African religion consulted by Scotland Yard believe Adam may have been sacrificed to one of the 400 'Orisha' or ancestor gods of the Yoruba people, Nigeria's second-largest ethnic group. Oshun, a Yoruba river goddess is associated with orange, the colour of the shorts, which were placed on Adam's body 24 hours after he was killed as a bizarre addition to the ritual. The body was then stored for a further 24 hours before being offered to the Thames

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/jun/02/ukcrime.paulharris
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Guestlander: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Bloody afonja.

I have since posted the link and it is the UK Guardian that cullled excerpts from Dr. Hopkins book.

Try another lie you child of perdirion

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/man-beheads-mother-abia-flees-blood/

Take that to chew on, blood liar.
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
Guestlander:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/man-beheads-mother-abia-flees-blood/

Take that to chew on, blood liar.

Bastard afonja, the Brits have since concluded that adam's killers were yorubas
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Guestlander: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Experts on African religion consulted by Scotland Yard believe Adam may have been sacrificed to one of the 400 'Orisha' or ancestor gods of the Yoruba people, Nigeria's second-largest ethnic group. Oshun, a Yoruba river goddess is associated with orange, the colour of the shorts, which were placed on Adam's body 24 hours after he was killed as a bizarre addition to the ritual. The body was then stored for a further 24 hours before being offered to the Thames

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/jun/02/ukcrime.paulharris

Since you are so stupid, and the word "may" means a statement of fact to you, no wonder people perceive you as not very bright.
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Guestlander: 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

You are lying and it's so obvious you come across as dim witted.
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Guestlander: 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1375024/Voodoo-human-sacrifice-The-haunting-story-Adam-Torso-Thames-boy-finally-identified.html

Disgusting merchant of falsehood. Since no one ever came forward to report a missing child, isn't it plausible he came from one of the evil baby factories in your neighborhood?
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
Guestlander:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1375024/Voodoo-human-sacrifice-The-haunting-story-Adam-Torso-Thames-boy-finally-identified.html

Disgusting merchant of falsehood.

Afonja that link only establishes that the victim was from Edo

And in no way did it exonerate yorubas as the prime suspects
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
Guestlander:

Disgusting merchant of falsehood. Since no one ever came forward to report a missing child, isn't it plausible he came from one of the evil baby factories your neighborhood?

Yoruba bastard that will defend evil

Read here where it was stated that it was a Yoruba cartel of ritualists who threatened the good Dr Hopkins after exposing yorubas as the main culprit http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2146789/How-criminologist-probing-ritual-boy-Thames-murder-confront-personal-tragedy-daughters-mysterious-death-Africa.html
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Guestlander: 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Yoruba bastard that will defend evil

Read here where it was stated that it was a Yoruba cartel of ritualists who threatened the good Dr Hopkins after exposing yorubas as the main culprit http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2146789/How-criminologist-probing-ritual-boy-Thames-murder-confront-personal-tragedy-daughters-mysterious-death-Africa.html

Third mainland bridge will be your final destination if you keep going on with so much burden of hate in your head.
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by ImadeUReadThis: 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
Guestlander:

Third mainland bridge will be your final destination if you keep going on with so much burden of hate in your head.

E pain am grin

Child of perdition

Within my time on earth I will ensure you bastards and your awusa slave masters go extinct.

This isn't a threat but a promise I owe not only my children yet unborn but the world at large.
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Guestlander: 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

E pain am grin

Child of perdition

Within my time on earth I will ensure you bastards and your awusa slave masters go extinct.

This isn't a threat but a promise I owe not only my children yet unborn but the world at large.

Only products of baby factories would want to go out and exterminate people. You were born without conscience, perhaps that is why you lie so freely.
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Guestlander: 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

E pain am grin

Child of perdition

Trust me, you have a date with the marine world via the third mainland bridge. Please make sure you go with your biafran paraphernalia so you can save us all the sympathies.
Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Jlow2: 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Awolowo remains the worst thing to happen to Africa.

A direct descendant of the Yoruba patriarch - lucifer
a baby for that matter,he went to defend the oba in court, no wonder!!!

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by loopmongoat: 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
If care is not taken awolowo participated in killing that child hence the reason for representing the oba
Afonjas and ritual killing

Re: The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. by Adebanji1950: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shekarau: How Secondus, Kwankwaso Forced Me Out Of PDP / Government Not Responsible For Creating Jobs – Femi Adesina / Reno Omokri: Nigerians Suffering Because Of Terrorists Freed Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.