Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,859 members, 7,851,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? (785 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 2:33am On Jan 08, 2009
Hey everyone smiley I read an interesting post by 'Vonny' and didn't want to derail the thread.

"The issue with most women is that they think that men think like them. This is clearly not the case, my solution to you is if your man is weary due to being smothered, cut back on the attention you give him just a little. He'll definitely take note of it and start to wonder why the sudden change and poof! goes the weariness he had in the beginning. Men hate to be responsible for their woman's happiness, and when you bombard him with too much attention, it makes him feel suffocated. The problem is women make their men their lives, and men make their women a part of their lives almost like an added bonus, and that is how men have an easier time moving on after a break up than a woman does. It is because they have only lost a part of their lives, in the contrary, a woman is left heartbroken because she's lost her life and airbag (her man). The best way to be successful in your relationship is to have a LIFE of your own, and I know as a woman you are an 'emotional being', but act like your man is an added bonus as well, you'll have him craving for your attention in no time. Good luck."

I think what was mentioned in the above quote was great insight.
But I was wondering, guys;
When am I able to stop the games, and let it show that I enjoy the company of the guy, and when do they get to the stage where they appreciate being a large part of your life, because as some guys would find it scary, others would be disappointed if after months of dating, they are still just an attachment on the surface of their girlfriend's life.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by sistawoman: 3:52am On Jan 08, 2009
I think that if you have to pretend at anytime during the r/s then the r/s is not for you.

If you are you and he does not like it then he is not the one for YOU. Why start pretending to be something you're not.

There is someone out there of everyone, if that is God's plan for you.

I just can never understand the idea of pretending. It takes way too much energy. Plus to me pretending is the same as lying to your partner. Why would you start a r/s on a lie.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 3:58am On Jan 08, 2009
Nods head. That's what I've always thought, but then there's this whole idea of catering yourself for your partner. . assuming that you could like another human being so much you want to change for them.

I understand changing your bad habits, but then changing yourself. . hmm. . not sure about that one.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Treetop20(m): 3:58am On Jan 08, 2009
you only play games with the one you
do not see yourself with.
why would i take a girl i do not see myself with
to a posh restaurant and allow her order
appetizer,main course and dessert?
that is over a 100quid. i think not
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by tope2000(f): 4:00am On Jan 08, 2009
sistawoman:

I think that if you have to pretend at anytime during the r/s then the r/s is not for you.

If you are you and he does not like it then he is not the one for YOU. Why start pretending to be something you're not.

There is someone out there of everyone, if that is God's plan for you.

I just can never understand the idea of pretending. It takes way too much energy. Plus to me pretending is the same as lying to your partner. Why would you start a r/s on a lie.

Very True wink
Why pretend in a relationship undecided
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by sistawoman: 4:03am On Jan 08, 2009
Can you imange how you would feel if you started pretending with your man and while still pretending he said "sistawoman I love u just the way you are, you mean the world to me, i want to introduce you to my parents"?

At what point do you then tell him the person he fell in love with is not who you really are?

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I want my man to fall in love with ME. I want my man to want to marry ME. Not some fake person that i changed into or pretended to be to win his heart.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Treetop20(m): 4:05am On Jan 08, 2009
who ever you pretend to be can not to far off
from who you really are
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Busybody2(f): 4:07am On Jan 08, 2009
sistawoman:

. . . If you are you and he does not like it then he is not the one for YOU. Why start pretending to be something you're not. . .

sistawoman:

. . . I want my man to fall in love with ME. I want my man to want to marry ME. Not some fake person that i changed into or pretended to be to win his heart.

DEEP, Sistawoman
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by H2O2: 4:09am On Jan 08, 2009
Who said the person you changed into cannot become the new you
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 4:10am On Jan 08, 2009
Treetop20:

you only play games with the one you
do not see yourself with.
why would i take a girl i do not see myself with
to a posh restaurant and allow her order
appetizer,main course and dessert?
that is over a 100quid. i think not

I agree with that, but to me £100 is a lot of money. I think that's a tricky way of judging true love/commitment.

£100 to another person could be pocket change.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 08, 2009
How does one even pretend in a relationship? undecided
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 4:12am On Jan 08, 2009
Busy_body:

DEEP, Sistawoman

Girl! You gotta get yourself a new weave! tongue
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 4:13am On Jan 08, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

How does one even pretend in a relationship? undecided

It's easier than you think, out of 4 guys I've had relationships with, two of them pretended to be who they weren't. It wears a man down, and I think that is where you start seeing the change.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 08, 2009
topup:

It's easier than you think, out of 4 guys I've had relationships with, two of them pretended to be who they weren't. It wears a man down, and I think that is where you start seeing the change.
what did those 2 pretend to be? and what where they for real?
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Treetop20(m): 4:16am On Jan 08, 2009
any one can pretend to be who they are not
few can only keep it for a long time
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Busybody2(f): 4:28am On Jan 08, 2009
topup:

Girl! You gotta get yourself a new weave! tongue

Okay, what about this new one i am rocking, Apparently, its the new lace-wig in town, i'm told cool Ain't I smoking hot? grin
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 4:29am On Jan 08, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

what did those 2 pretend to be? and what where they for real?

I always make it clear what I like and don't like from the beginning, so no one is misled, but the two guys tried to manipulate themselves using this info, one quit smoking (until about a week before we broke up lol) and everytime I visited his place, he'd make sure to bring out the photocopied daily bread and place his bible by his pillow (instead of reading his bible with me, he just pretended, if he only spent half that time actually doing the work lol), he also claimed to know a lot about girls, but he was very clueless,  lol.

The other probably couldn't keep up, I feel sorry for him, but he was really messed up and confused and he appeared so full of energy and happy, and I'm a naturally happy and bubbly person, but he's not and after a while he was avoiding me, because his problems were getting on top of him and he resented me because he had to put on a pretence which made him even more unhappier.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 4:31am On Jan 08, 2009
Busy_body:

Okay, what about this new one i am rocking, Apparently, its the new lace-wig in town, i'm told cool Ain't I smoking hot? grin

Lol, I read the last bit as 'ain't I smoking [b]p[/b]ot'. . well since I'm so frank and honest, I have to tell you, that lace front weave is. . GORGEOUS! ! *tries to avoid eye contact* grin grin grin
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Nobody: 4:35am On Jan 08, 2009
topup:

I always make it clear what I like and don't like from the beginning, so no one is misled, but the two guys tried to manipulate themselves using this info, one quit smoking (until about a week before we broke up lol) and everytime I visited his place, he'd make sure to bring out the photocopied daily bread and place his bible by his pillow (instead of reading his bible with me, he just pretended, if he only spent half that time actually doing the work lol), he also claimed to know a lot about girls, but he was very clueless, lol.

The other probably couldn't keep up, I feel sorry for him, but he was really messed up and confused and he appeared so full of energy and happy, and I'm a naturally happy and bubbly person, but he's not and after a while he was avoiding me, because his problems were getting on top of him and he resented me because he had to put on a pretence which made him even more unhappier.

lmaoooooooooo @ the bible one. lolol

Topup, about how old are you? tongue You seem like an expert in romance
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by H2O2: 4:36am On Jan 08, 2009
At least she kept it sealed! tongue
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 08, 2009
angry angry
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 4:53am On Jan 08, 2009
In the red corner is H2O2, in the bue corner is *toyinrayo **ding** **ding**
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 08, 2009
topup:

In the red corner is H2O2, in the bue corner is *toyinrayo **ding** **ding**
Lol, are you avoiding my question?
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 4:56am On Jan 08, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Lol, are you avoiding my question?

Lol, I'm not, though I noticed you sweetened me, but because of it I will hint (since I hid my age for a reason), I'm in my twenties. That is about how old I am hehehe
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 08, 2009
topup:

Lol, I'm not, though I noticed you sweetened me, but because of it I will hint (since I hid my age for a reason), I'm in my twenties. That is about how old I am hehehe
Thanks sweetie.

No wonder H202 dey follow u about. I was wondering sha smiley
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by topup: 5:01am On Jan 08, 2009
Umm last time I checked you were in the blue corner and he was in the red tongue
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by H2O2: 5:07am On Jan 08, 2009
topup:

Umm last time I checked you were in the blue corner and he was in the red tongue

Don't mind that yeye girl. She's a bit jealous of you, but I don't know why undecided she's already betrothed
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 08, 2009
Lol, check again o.

u go see am wearing LO and you VE cool cool

H2O2:

Don't mind that yeye girl. She's a bit jealous of you, but I don't know why undecided she's already betrothed
who dey jealous? tongue did u betrothed me?
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by iice(f): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2009
@Topic
Am not the game playing type. I don't have that kind of time.
All that time and energy wasted.
I pretty much cut through the bullshit to the real deal.
It's how i even deal with my friendships.
I always say, 'it's not by force'. . .you don't have to like me,
but it won't stop me from being who i am.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by smooooooth: 9:50am On Jan 08, 2009
women act too obsessed, and make guys feel so possesed, and a man though likes attention, should not be joked by it. i think we shld all se out partners as an added bonus, cos life is a personal thing.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by Feelitx(m): 11:26am On Jan 08, 2009
Sistawoman has said it all. My opinion is that those who play games are dishonest people. Why let people who honestly feel deeply for you pass through emotional turmoil ? Love is suppose to add value to you and not the opposite.I personally think any person who pretends is not worth his or her salt.

People don't come in complete packages,but we must all display our weaknesses and strengths.Let who ever wants to be with us chose to go with the successes and the baggages or take a dive.
Re: When Do The Games Stop? Do They Even Stop? by mida: 8:16am On Jan 18, 2009
"The issue with most women is that they think that men think like them. This is clearly not the case, my solution to you is if your man is weary due to being smothered, cut back on the attention you give him just a little. He'll definitely take note of it and start to wonder why the sudden change and poof! goes the weariness he had in the beginning. Men hate to be responsible for their woman's happiness, and when you bombard him with too much attention, it makes him feel suffocated. The problem is women make their men their lives, and men make their women a part of their lives almost like an added bonus, and that is how men have an easier time moving on after a break up than a woman does. It is because they have only lost a part of their lives, in the contrary, a woman is left heartbroken because she's lost her life and airbag (her man). The best way to be successful in your relationship is to have a LIFE of your own, and I know as a woman you are an 'emotional being', but act like your man is an added bonus as well, you'll have him craving for your attention in no time. Good luck."

I think what was mentioned in the above quote was great insight.
But I was wondering, guys;
When am I able to stop the games, and let it show that I enjoy the company of the guy, and when do they get to the stage where they appreciate being a large part of your life, because as some guys would find it scary, others would be disappointed if after months of dating, they are still just an attachment on the surface of their girlfriend's life,
, i think a guy will appreciate a girl that is dramatic enough the truth is no one likes boredom and that is one of the major reasons why most guy braek up with their girl.At least i will love to be around a woman who can act my sister sometime,my lover at someother time,my mum,my confidant,my best friend,my intellectual colleague, a girl who can do act like this will be very much admired by a guy because her guy will hardly find a need to discard her as if she were a property, Variety they say is the spice of life.while is virtaully impossible to be everything you can act them.dramatise as if you are all,

(1) (Reply)

Some Steps To Help You Recover From That Break Up / Who Can Define The Word Romance / What Kind Of Gift Do Ladies/girls Appreciate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.