Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) (1098 Views)

KASU Confers Buhari With Honorary Doctorate Degree (Photos) / What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? / Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by banom(m): 8:36am On Jan 08, 2009
Having seeing the state of things in Nigeria, if called by the federal government for an honorary national award like CFR,OFR,GCON, CON,MON OON ETC. will you accept or reject it ?
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by Muza(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2009
poster,why not answer ur question first,
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by banom(m): 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2009
Muza:

poster,why not answer ur question first,

Instead of the federal government to give me an award. let them award contracts for reasonable and productive projects and implement it,  I won't dare to recieve, Personaly, i hate titles not to talk of the one that will be giving to me by an unproductive nation like Nigeria, Muza, Don't you think that  the true meaning of a Nigerian government  award like  CFR and OFR ,is , Commander of the Failed Republic and Officer of the failed republic , Respectively.
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by Muza(m): 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2009
Yeah,i cudn't agree more.
The awards are worthless.
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by Eziachi: 3:21pm On Jan 08, 2009
Good question
It depends on who is giving the award. Since the award is tagged an HONORARY, how honorable are the givers of the award? The same election riggers, extra judicial killers, public treasury looters, good for nothing men and women with the lowest moral backbone?
I rather recieve one from Robert "the Skunk" Mugabe than to recieve award from Nigeria owners/ruler.
Men with blood in their hand!
Jah forbid!!
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by MaiSuya(m): 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2009
banom:

Instead of the federal government to give me an award. let them award contracts for reasonable and productive projects and implement it,  I won't dare to recieve, Personaly, i hate titles not to talk of the one that will be giving to me by an unproductive nation like Nigeria, Muza, Don't you think that  the true meaning of a Nigerian government  award like  CFR and OFR ,is , Commander of the Failed Republic and Officer of the failed republic , Respectively.

@poster, your point is taken; however, you expect me to believe that if YARD calls you this moment to receive an award, you will reject it? Come on, gimme a break! lipsrsealed
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2009
Mai Suya:

@poster, your point is taken; however, you expect me to believe that if YARD calls you this moment to receive an award, you will reject it? Come on, gimme a break! lipsrsealed

Not all Nigerians are award hungry. Some of us like to know that we merit awards proffered.
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by banom(m): 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2009
Mai Suya:

You tell me, which one do you prefere, Federal government awarding you or awarding a reasonable and productive project and implementing it.
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by MaiSuya(m): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2009
banom:

You tell me, which one do you prefere, Federal government awarding you or awarding a reasonable and productive project and implementing it.

BAH! Awards and implementation will always be there. The money spent on the award ceremony is infinitesimal compared with the money they waste every year on nonsensical projects. Moreover, if the federal government in it wisdom decides to confer the revered title on a poor suya meat seller like me, who am I to refuse? tongue

Just think of the benefits: constant VIP treatment at public venues, your personal endorsement of carries more weight, special recognition at occasions, cash benefits, etc grin

@ kobojunkie, shouldn't the fact that the most powerful man in the country deems it fit to give you the award be enough reason that it is being merited?
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2009
Mai Suya:

BAH! Awards and implementation will always be there. The money spent on the award ceremony is infinitesimal compared with the money they waste every year on nonsensical projects. Moreover, if the federal government in it wisdom decides to confer the revered title on a poor suya meat seller like me, who am I to refuse? tongue

Just think of the benefits: constant VIP treatment at public venues, your personal endorsement of carries more weight, special recognition at occasions, cash benefits, etc grin

@ kobojunkie, shouldn't the fact that the most powerful man in the country deems it fit to give you the award be enough reason that it is being merited?

You know, we are all very different people. In my world, I am the most powerful person around, so regardless of the person’s title, it does not really matter much to me. I really do not care who the award is coming from. If it does not make sense, it ain’t worth it. I think we need more people who are willing to work to earn these awards; more than we need more awards doled out to persons who barely qualify for such honor.
Re: If Giving A National Honorary Award, Will You Accept Or Reject It ? (Reason) by banom(m): 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2009
grin

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Destroyed The Politics Of Cohesion In The South-west –kofoworola Akerele- / Power-greedy Official Refuses To Hand Over At Tenure's Expiration / Where Are The Ibb Widows?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.