Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor (23368 Views)

Asari Dokubo Laughs At Buhari: "Rat Sent By God To Chase Buhari Like Pharaoh" / Throwback Photo Of Osinbajo With Tunde Fowler / Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by Passingshit(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Yesterday serious allegations were posed against the new member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s team, Williams Babatunde Fowler, who was has been appointed head of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).

The detailed investigation suggested that Fowler’s Honorary Doctorate Degree of the Irish International University, which was proudly announced by the presidency, is of no value as it was issued by a fraudulent, non-existing university. More questions were raised even regarding Fowler’s bachelor’s degree.
The report caused outrage among Nigerians who wondered how a man of, so-to-say, insufficient qualification can manage affairs in the FIRS. Those opposing the acting government referred to the pre-election reports doubting the education level of Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate.

Naij.com readers were like…
1. Some came down on Buhari:

Sylvanus Ikechukwu: “Even Buhari holds fake WAEC cert.so all d same.pls is no shocker to me at all.”

Idongesit Ibok: “D most careful person ends up makin’ d worst careless mistakes…. Buhari, Buhari, Buhari. How many times have i called u?… Ok”

Aminu Sa’ad Beli: “Well, at least, Tunibu, Buhari and Fowler share one thing: School Certificate credibility! May God save Nigeria!”
2. Some wondered what the whole mess was about

Olufemi Odusina: “If Baba Buhari has fake WASC and he is realy performing what about Gej that had good Phd but only performed well in stealing our money . SAI BUHARI,LOUD.”

Brass Ige Samu Aledare: “WHAT has fake honorary Degree got to do with this appointment?”
3. Some just asked to give Fowler time to do his job, with or without the credible certificate''

Chinedu Ohams: “Certificate or not, pls let the man do the work if he can. We need people who can perform even if what they have is only NEPA Bill.lol”

George Chris: “What makes Buhari fake? You people can,t appreciate something right yet you want something good. Even a school cert holder can perform if with the right company. U haters open your eyes and embrace change.”

4. Some doubted the authenticity of the report

Gabriel Mike Mike Segun: “Dat is a story 4gods.”

Habiodun Costa: “Wat eva u people lik publish it no wahala, d records are there. Befo he was given d job in lagos, d highest amount eva realised was 3billion nd wen he got der it rose to 20biloon per mont. Most of u writin rubbish here canot turn 10,000 to 15, 000 in a year, but instead of celebratin success wat u do cus all of u are failures is to look likeminds.”

Twitter users were like…

That story that says fowler has a fake phd is misleading at best.. makes it seem like he forged a PhD, no! He obtained it from a scam uni…

— Habeeb or Silas (@OWOYEMIBSILAS) August 21, 2015

What’ll happen now?,This one they’re saying Babatunde Fowler has an honorary doctorate degree from fake university.

— Fadahunsi Oladipupo (@seunfadahunsi) August 21, 2015

How come Fowler did not know his honorary degree was fake cos if he did, calls his integrity into question. Maybe not his ability but still

— N (@Imagervet) August 21, 2015

If fowler choose to use a FAKE phd , He should bear the consequence, Things must Change @ogundamisi

— Muriee (@MurtalaIbin) August 20, 2015

If fowler really has fake degree and certificate 4rm a non existing university how come he’s been working in Lagos state govt? Hilarious tho

— The FirstLady (@Aweleokolo) August 21, 2015

It is not clear whether the presidency will provide official comments on the issue. However, it is worth noting that the discussions in social media are gathering steam.
https://www.naij.com/525725-like-buhari-like-fowler-nigerians-react-reports-fake-honorary-doctorate-degree-new-firs-boss.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by bluaero(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2015
cheesy

Nothing as sweet as a good opportunity to wail

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by chocolateme(f): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2015
But if with certificate it not, he is doing well, why not grant him a chance.
That moment when a vetenary doctor is a bank manager .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by Akkord4gov: 8:57am On Aug 21, 2015
In Fayose's voice,"u don't need to have Phd to know that people are suffering and help them".
Just honorary award and people are still wailing.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:59am On Aug 21, 2015
bluaero:
cheesy
Nothing as sweet as a good opportunity to wail
Mu mu

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by SenselessGoat: 9:01am On Aug 21, 2015
Bastard Wailing Wailers coming to storm this threadangry

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by Passingshit(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2015
[s]
SenselessGoat:
[/s]
Robot, I bet you don't have any substantial thing to say other than what you were programmed for tongue

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2015
SenselessGoat:
I wanted to ask God for senses on your behalf but, I Saw Your Moniker..

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by bluaero(m): 9:05am On Aug 21, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Mu mu

Monkί

4 Likes

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:08am On Aug 21, 2015
i am quite sure that 95% of those ediots are either secondary school students or undergraduates who have little or no future but had time insulting their President and his apointeeangry

Group of senseless mofosangry

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by SenselessGoat: 9:11am On Aug 21, 2015
Passingshit:
[s][/s]
Robot, I bet you don't have any substantial thing to say other than that what you were programmed for tongue
BeeBeeOoh:
I wanted to ask God for senses on your behalf but, I Saw You Moniker..

Dry moronsangry

16 Likes

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by SenselessGoat: 9:13am On Aug 21, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
i am quite sure that 95% of those ediots are either secondary school students or undergraduates who have little or no future but had time insulting their President and his apointeeangry

hahahaha bros small small naaa. Bros u dey vex ooocheesygrin
you have just finished them. Lolzgrin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by tucky200(m): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2015
SenselessGoat:

Dry moronsangry
O Lord! Please get rid of that vanilla ice cream in dis guy's skull & insert brain...AMEN!!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by SenselessGoat: 9:18am On Aug 21, 2015
Where are the wailers na?? Food don done oo...make una come wail.

Barcanista, mogidi, truckpusher, ECOTERRORS, temitemi1, APCSucks, Nneka123, Ezenwammadu and the rest of the wailersangry

4 Likes

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by emamos: 9:20am On Aug 21, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

5 Likes

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by agarawu23(m): 9:21am On Aug 21, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by Passingshit(m): 9:23am On Aug 21, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I wanted to ask God for senses on your behalf but, I Saw Your Moniker..
grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 21, 2015
What do you expect from a certificateless Presido, Nigeria certificates will now be called into question with this certificate palaver eveywhere.

When the head is rotten the body has gone then.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by Passingshit(m): 9:25am On Aug 21, 2015
SenselessGoat:

Dry moronsangry

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by Passingshit(m): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2015
Even a semi-literate, Mr-NL-failure like Agarawu23 would be going from thread to thread like he understands anything grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by agarawu23(m): 9:31am On Aug 21, 2015
Passingshit:
Even a semi-literate, Mr-NL-failure like Agara wu23 would be going from thread to thread like he understands anything grin
point of correction, I am not a semi , I am an illiterate and everybody knows that.

deal with the below before I give you my attention cool
ZeezaRapture:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by frodobee: 9:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Frodobee :
I refuse to be lead by a liar cum illiterate. A product of quota and mediocrity.

Buharia deserve to be stoned. "Abacha didn't steal".

1 Like

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 21, 2015
The problem is that most people do not know what a honorary doctorate is. It's a ceremonial award not earn through academics but a recognition of individuals who have made notable contributions to the development of the society.

If fowler had gotten this before the school lost accreditation, how can this be regarded as fake ?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by emamos: 9:36am On Aug 21, 2015
Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.

1 Like

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by illmatic101(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
O Lord! Please get rid of that vanilla ice cream in dis guy's skull & insert brain...AMEN!!

And AMEN!!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by BishopMagic: 9:39am On Aug 21, 2015
[size=18pt]The problem is not his lack of a doctorate but the fact that he lied that he had one

All you zombie apc dunces should get that into your empty Koran carrying skull case[/size]

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by BishopMagic: 9:43am On Aug 21, 2015
Bluetooth2:

The problem is that most people do not know what a honorary doctorate is. It's a ceremonial award not earn through academics but a recognition of individuals who have made notable contributions to the development of the society.

If fowler had gotten this before the school lost accreditation, how can this be regarded as fake ?

A honorary award is awarded by the University community which comprises of past and present students and lecturers.

The case in point is that no such honorary accolade was ever awarded to Fowler.

This is another Tinubu and Buhari Chicago gate scandal and it shows the level of fraudulent liars that populate the APC.

Oluwole frauds

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by emamos: 9:46am On Aug 21, 2015
Frodobee :
I refuse to be lead by a liar cum illiterate. A product of quota and mediocrity.
Buharia deserve to be stoned. "Abacha didn't steal".
Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by spenca: 9:50am On Aug 21, 2015
These wailers are really hurt
Re: Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor by Passingshit(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2015
agarawu23:
point of correction, I am not a semi , I am an illiterate and everybody knows that.

deal with the below before I give you my attention cool
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier / Osun Election: Oyetola, Aregbesola Fought Each Other After Robbing Me - Adeleke / El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.