Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? (2821 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by ckc(m): 12:05am On Feb 23, 2015
You will be quick to answer me that it is because he became Nigeria's first military Head of State through the opportunity of a coup. But Murtala Mohammed benefitted from a coup too but gas his head on twenty naira and has the biggest airport in Nigeria named after him.
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 23, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by IGBOSON1: 12:12am On Feb 23, 2015
Because he's Igbo!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by diceman1: 12:20am On Feb 23, 2015
So whose picture should we remove? Or should we make 300 Naira note?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by LordMecuzy(m): 12:22am On Feb 23, 2015
Lol lemme consult Amadioha ........

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by kestolove95(m): 12:25am On Feb 23, 2015
I though Biafra just. Release dia currency...if he is important dey would have put d daft bighead on dia currency na...even azikiwe and alvan. Ikoku, we go soon. Remov dem from our currency...awon ole!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 23, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Because he's Igbo!
is azikwe not a igbo person? The way you people want to bring ethnicity into everything is very disgusting.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by dkronicle(m): 12:40am On Feb 23, 2015
His supposed to be but Naija is always Naija
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by ckc(m): 12:43am On Feb 23, 2015
diceman1:
So whose picture should we remove? Or should we make 300 Naira note?
He died before all the other military head of states that their pictures appear. So?
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by MayorofLagos(m): 1:37am On Feb 23, 2015
Op,
Why wasnt Ahmadu Bello and Akintola's portrait on Biafran currency...Ademulegun, Balewa, Okotie Eboh?
Your people slaughtered them....give them honor!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by tit(f): 1:40am On Feb 23, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Op,
Why wasnt Ahmadu Bello and Akintola's portrait on Biafran currency...Ademulegun, Balewa, Okotie Eboh?

excellent write-up

1 Like

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by khassy(m): 2:42am On Feb 23, 2015
if you ask me na who I go ask

in other news
GEJ TILL 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by mumumugu(m): 2:54am On Feb 23, 2015
Why is obasanjo name not there
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by IGBOSON1: 2:57am On Feb 23, 2015
kastonkastrol:
is azikwe not a igbo person? The way you people want to bring ethnicity into everything is very disgusting.

^^^Then you tell me why Ironsis' pic isn't on any naira note or any public building of note named after him.....i'm always open to learning!!
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 3:18am On Feb 23, 2015
This is really an issue worth looking into. That guy was a celebrated hero by the UK back then but he's just being forgotten by the country he served as first head of state. E get as e be oo undecided
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by naijaking1: 3:35am On Feb 23, 2015
Very good question. The real answer is that the people who assassinated him in cold blood are running the show in Nigeria today. In the future a more objective and honest government would consider Ironsi among the military heads of state with corresponding honors.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by funshybam(m): 3:57am On Feb 23, 2015
We should rather ask why Buhari....who supposedly killed kwarupshun and brought discipline to Naijiriya, isn't on any naira note nor has any national monument named after him... or is it that ALL successive regimes hate him?..... just thinking ooo

#150Cows
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by segalex: 5:28am On Feb 23, 2015
ironsi isn't a national hero! his coup was perceived to be tribalistic in nature!
why don't ask yourself this question? has been immortalized by the eastern people? if his people don't even see him as their hero, why should other people do?
charity begins at home

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 23, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Lol lemme consult Amadioha ........
Are you a banker or are you a sabbath member? Lordmecuzy WHY grin
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by stinggy(m): 5:47am On Feb 23, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Then you tell me why Ironsis' pic isn't on any naira note or any public building of note named after him.....i'm always open to learning!!

Myopic soul, not only a public building, but a whole road is named after him in Abuja.

Even a barracks is named after him.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 23, 2015
IdiAmin1:
This is really an issue worth looking into. That guy was a celebrated hero by the UK back then but he's just being forgotten by the country he served as first head of state. E get as e be oo undecided
Because he was a biased uneducated tribal warlord.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by size38: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2015
It is because Aguiyi Ironsi started coup in Nigeria. The Igbos started military coup in nigeria. The Igbos are the problem of Nigeria. It was Aguiyi Ironsi's govt that stopped regional govt and resource control and introduced unitary system of govt where power is concentrated at the center which Nigeria still practice till today. This is truth which many Igbo youths of today don't even know. But everyday, we hear them say they are being marginalised in politics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 23, 2015
kestolove95:
I though Biafra just. Release dia currency...if he is important dey would have put d daft bighead on dia currency na...even azikiwe and alvan. Ikoku, we go soon. Remov dem from our currency...awon ole!!!
Free education at work!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by pazienza(m): 7:24am On Feb 23, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Op,

The biggest winner from Akintola and Balewa death was Awo. I am beginning to wonder if Awo was the masterminder of the said coup, the coup plotters said they intended to enthrone Awo.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 23, 2015
pazienza:

The biggest winner from Akintola and Balewa death was Awo. I am beginning to wonder if Awo was the masterminder of the said coup, the coup plotters said they intended to enthrone Awo.
Wao,u r too brilliant, so awo told aguiyi to kill yoruba and hausa people alone,so that igbo people can take over nigeria? Hmmmm

Igbos stop blaming others for ur mistakes
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 23, 2015
Is he the only past leader whose name is missing on our currency?...... What of Ogagun Sanni Abacha, besides, is their any rule or verdict that they must feature on the currency?
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by MRLINGTON(m): 8:03am On Feb 23, 2015
Maybe because he's an igbo man...around 2007-2012 I used to see on d papers nd live news...Igbos own 2015...I kept saying this..b4 den dis ppl will turn tins around nd dis is 2015...not even an igbo man z vice

This mad ppl has been sidelining my ppl since d day I opened my eyes
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by pazienza(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2015
yemaldo:

Wao,u r too brilliant, so awo told aguiyi to kill yoruba and hausa people alone,so that igbo people can take over nigeria? Hmmmm

Igbos stop blaming others for ur mistakes

Igbo people didn't need to take over Nigeria. We already had control of two of the four regions, with crude oil recently discovered in both and the country operated a loose central govt.

I am yet to see why Ndiigbo would want to overthrow Balewa govt.

Akintola new alliance with the North would see Ndiigbo temporary lose control of the center, but with the central govt loose and the regional govt. strong, ndiigbo loss would be minimal, considering the newly acquired wealth of the East and midwest.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 23, 2015
Because those who murdered Ironsi in cold blood are still alive today, they can't stand the sight of Ironsi being immortalized in any way.

Evil TY Danjuma and co
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by chiozor: 8:39am On Feb 23, 2015
Ironsi is not a Nigerian...so cannot have his imprints on indigenous currency
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by pazienza(m): 8:40am On Feb 23, 2015
To the best of knowledge, the biggest loser from Akintola and Northern alliance was Awo.
Akintola had dethroned him and wrestled the control of Yorubalands from him, Akintola new alliance with the North, the same North that had Awo imprisoned signaled the end of Awo's political carrer and his life was on the line as Akintola would seek to consolidate power and eliminate any imminent threat to his power which Awo represented.

Awo committed treason twice in bid to acquire power, can we really say it's impossible for Awo to had played a role in a coup that led to the death of his two biggest Enemy(Balewa and Akintola) , especially when the coup plotters said that the aim of their coup was to enthrone Awo? Could this be a co incidence? I mean, the witch cried in the Night, and the child died in the morning.

The above is a part of that coup that seldom get discussed just like the Egerton 1906 amalgamation that saw the SW amalgamated with the rest of the SE and SS country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Has Been Hijacked By A Few - Dele Momodu Blasts Tinubu / Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State. / Why We Have To Allow The Naira To Be Devalued Pt 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.