Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:28 AM

Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? (2852 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Omimah: 8:47am On Feb 23, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Because he's Igbo!
. . . and Nnamdi Azikiwe, that is in the 500 naira note and have streets, a stadium and an airport named after him, is a Kanuri?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Omimah: 8:58am On Feb 23, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Then you tell me why Ironsis' pic isn't on any naira note or any public building of note named after him.....i'm always open to learning!!
There is a street in Abuja named after him. If you feel that is not enough ask yourself why the government of Abia State or the old Imo State haven't dimmed it fit to name a public building in the state (or Ebonyi and Imo states which made up the old Imo State) after him. In Ondo there is a road named after Samuel Ademulegun. In Oyo State, the state-owned university is named after S. L. Akintola. In Port Harcourt, Rivers State, a popular park is named after Isaac Adaka Boro.
Why can't Abia State University be named after Aguiyi-Ironsi?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by customized19: 9:01am On Feb 23, 2015
kastonkastrol:
is azikwe not a igbo person? The way you people want to bring ethnicity into everything is very disgusting.

Yheeboez are hypocrites. They are just like that, pls forgive them.
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by customized19: 9:03am On Feb 23, 2015
mhizenugu:
Free education at work!

Evergreen, nice one.
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by customized19: 9:05am On Feb 23, 2015
[s]
pazienza:
To the best of knowledge, the biggest loser from Akintola and Northern alliance was Awo.
Akintola had dethroned him and wrestled the control of Yorubalands from him, Akintola new alliance with the North, the same North that had Awo imprisoned signaled the end of Awo's political carrer and his life was on the line as Akintola would seek to consolidate power and eliminate any imminent threat to his power which Awo represented.

Awo committed treason twice in bid to acquire power, can we really say it's impossible for Awo to had played a role in a coup that led to the death of his two biggest Enemy(Balewa and Akintola) , especially when the coup plotters said that the aim of their coup was to enthrone Awo? Could this be a co incidence? I mean, the witch cried in the Night, and the child died in the morning.

The above is a part of that coup that seldom get discussed just like the Egerton 1908 amalgamation that saw the SW amalgamated with the rest of the SE and SS country.
[/s]

Foolish yeebhoe goat, the topic is about Ironsi but Awo is your own problem, your sick mother must laughing right now. Idiaat

1 Like

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 23, 2015
kastonkastrol:
is azikwe not a igbo person? The way you people want to bring ethnicity into everything is very disgusting.
see who's talking about tribalism? shocked

Some folks are just too hypocritic, please someone should go through his posts before taking him seriously. undecided
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2015
customized19:
[s][/s]

Foolish yeebhoe goat, the topic is about Ironsi but Awo is your own problem, your sick mother must laughing right now. Idiaat
someone should ban this impostor, must I open a thread for it?
CC: Seun , lalastica , ishilove , obinoscopy ngwakwe ishilove lalasticala seun mynd44

1 Like

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by omololu2020(m): 9:16am On Feb 23, 2015
ckc:
You will be quick to answer me that it is because he became Nigeria's first military Head of State through the opportunity of a coup. But Murtala Mohammed benefitted from a coup too but gas his head on twenty naira and has the biggest airport in Nigeria named after him.
its because of aguyi cluelesness dat Nigeria id in dis mess

1 Like

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Horllamideh(m): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Because he's Igbo!
thinking with your anus again....Use your brain sometime niccur
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by customized19: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2015
[s]
customized13:
someone should ban this impostor, must I open a thread for it?
CC: Seun , lalastica , ishilove , obinoscopy ngwakwe ishilove lalasticala seun mynd44
[/s]

Your father is an imposter. 13 and 19 are same thing 2u. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by ahaz: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Then you tell me why Ironsis' pic isn't on any naira note or any public building of note named after him.....i'm always open to learning! My
my broda as a nija deltan i dnt quite agree wit d op.gen.ironsis name was named in a baracks in abuja,and i thnk their is a house either in nda or n.m.s zaria named after hm.their are streets named after hm in imo,abia,enugu.and also abuja.though its nt enuf bt hes nt fogoten lyk d poster wrote.the military never fogot their own.
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by IGBOSON1: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
Horllamideh:

thinking with your anus again....Use your brain sometime niccur

^^^Because you think with your butt-hole doesn't mean others do too! Even some of the responses here will tell you it's an ethnic thing!
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by zimoni(f): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
Because he was an Idiatu who died a wrongful death.

He was trying to please the Hausa-Fulani by giving them juicy positions instead of doing the needful i.e prosecute the coup plotters.

The dude was completely an aszhole, no brain whatsoever. Why would any sane man surrounds himself with Hausa-Fulani?

Ironsi was a Baggar. The dude lacked wisdom.

Too Badt for him.

I only hope Jonah has learnt his lessons too?

Once bitten twice shy.

Lobatan.
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by Horllamideh(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Because you think with your butt-hole doesn't mean others do too! Even some of the responses here will tell you it's an ethnic thing!
your response shows you still haven't switched to brain mode
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by MayorofLagos(m): 4:18am On Feb 24, 2015
pazienza:

The biggest winner from Akintola and Balewa death was Awo. I am beginning to wonder if Awo was the masterminder of the said coup, the coup plotters said they intended to enthrone Awo.

Great response, we should wonder what Zik was hiding from when he took off and hid away in South America. Why did Okara escape and no one heard of him ever again till he was near death and returned home? Why did he go into hiding?

Bunch of COWARDS!
Re: Why Is Aguiyi-ironsi's Picture Not On Any Naira Note And Also Hardly Recognized? by MayorofLagos(m): 4:24am On Feb 24, 2015
pazienza:
To the best of knowledge, the biggest loser from Akintola and Northern alliance was Awo.
Akintola had dethroned him and wrestled the control of Yorubalands from him, Akintola new alliance with the North, the same North that had Awo imprisoned signaled the end of Awo's political carrer and his life was on the line as Akintola would seek to consolidate power and eliminate any imminent threat to his power which Awo represented.

Awo committed treason twice in bid to acquire power, can we really say it's impossible for Awo to had played a role in a coup that led to the death of his two biggest Enemy(Balewa and Akintola) , especially when the coup plotters said that the aim of their coup was to enthrone Awo? Could this be a co incidence? I mean, the witch cried in the Night, and the child died in the morning.

The above is a part of that coup that seldom get discussed just like the Egerton 1906 amalgamation that saw the SW amalgamated with the rest of the SE and SS country.

to the best of who's knowledge

You guys are confused!! When it suits your agenda, the coupists were heroes who went after corrupt politicians.
When rebutted and you fall flat on your face you change your story......oh the coupists did it for Awo!

Why are Ibos always doing for others....when are you going to do for yourself?

Bunch of freaks!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Patience Jonathan Have Said This? (pics) / 27 Achievements Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan / North, S/west Do Not Need The Rest Of Nigeria – Alamieyeseigha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.