Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,918 members, 7,952,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist (4010 Views)

My Last Question For Nairaland Atheist / I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me / Nairaland Atheist Meet Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
Weah96:

Yes, I decided to follow the myth called "common sense." It's only a myth because there is nothing "common" about it. Obviously.

The idea that the pseudo-scientific myth about a magical earth appearing out of primordial soup of gases is as blind as believing God created the earth in 7 days... but go on thinking you're in the realm of "common sense".

If the white man disavowed "science" today i wonder where you would be.

2 Likes

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
Weah96:
I became an atheist after reading that Mary and Joseph story where the girl claimed that the wind impregnated her. I had read it many, many, times before but this one time, I couldn't restrain my explosive laughter. The rest of the puzzle quickly fell into place after that.

After reading that a spark of light was all it took to created the most complex biological creature on earth through a process of trial and error, i also dissolved in explosive laughter at the ignorant people who call that "common sense".

3 Likes

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by joseph1832(m): 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

What? So what are you? Pagan, deist, satanist?
None of the above. I believe in the existence of a supreme being, plain and simple.

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

the "reality" of what? the big_bang theory?

You see thats the mistake you all make assumptions and making unsure assertions..

[size=20] Most atheist do not believe the big bang theory, myself included.. I do not claim to know how the universe started and neither can anybody claim to know... We all opened our eyes and saw the world we werent there to see how anything started..so we just say WE DONT KNOW [/size]

do you now see?... so now tell us the myth you are refering to again?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
joseph1832:
None of the above. I believe in the existence of a supreme being, plain and simple.
deist then
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

After reading that a spark of light was all it took to created the most complex biological creature on earth through a process of trial and error, i also dissolved in explosive laughter at the ignorant people who call that "common sense".

That you do not believe a bunch of scientific theories how does that affect or concern any atheists? did we make the theories?

Am sure none of the atheist here have claimed the universe started with big bang...

So get your facts straight to see who are laughing at.... its the scientists, so i guess you should gather ur facts well, go and disprove them am sure they will give you a nobel price...

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

You see thats the mistake you all make assumptions and making unsure assertions..

[size=20] Most atheist do not believe the big bang theory, myself included.. I do not claim to know how the universe started and neither can anybody claim to know... We all opened our eyes and saw the world we werent there to see how anything started..so we just say WE DONT KNOW [/size]

do you now see?... so now tell us the myth you are refering to again?

i'm not sure why you think shouting makes you anymore believable. If you dont know how the universe began then on what grounds are you ridiculing the theory of others? I mean... even your signature is a copy of Zach Braff's famous quote... wonder when these guys will have anything original to share wit us peons.

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

I have never seen an atheist claim to be a scientist... So which people are you laughing at? scientist huh?

Well maybe you should leave the room for knowledgeable folks? I mean that claim in highlights is enough reason to laugh at your ignorance.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Weah96: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

the "reality" of what? the big_bang theory?

How is the big bang even related to atheism? What are you talking about?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
Weah96:

How is the big bang even related to atheism? What are you talking about?

If you dont know how it relates then maybe you should go and find out and come back? I mean the mind boggling idea that you would pretend that atheists are not the biggest champions of the big bang theory is quite laughable. Should we start with Stephen Hawking? lol the sheer ignorance.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

i'm not sure why you think shouting makes you anymore believable. If you dont know how the universe began then on what grounds are you ridiculing the theory of others? I mean... even your signature is a copy of Zach Braff's famous quote... wonder when these guys will have anything original to share wit us peons.

Nobody knows thats the ground... we can only try to know through scrutinization of available datas and evidences and not say a magical sky man did it... gerrit?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by joseph1832(m): 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

deist then
Deist? You might call me that but I am not!.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

And what exactly do you know about the universe that can help you do that?.. habaaa sometimes you guys should check questions before asking it...
Be my guest. To begin with, why and how is the question irrational?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

If you dont know how it relates then maybe you should go and find out and come back? I mean the mind boggling idea that you would pretend that atheists are not the biggest champions of the big bang theory is quite laughable. Should we start with Stephen Hawking? lol the sheer ignorance.

As far as we know even pope francis endorsed the big bang theory but i dont see you adopting it.

stephen hawkings is stephen hawkings not johnydon or any other atheist out there... atheist have nothing in common except disbelief in anything supernatural so how does stephen dawkins belief of the big bang theory concern any other atheist out there?

Now who is exhibiting ignorance by asserting all atheist believe the big bang theory? grin
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
Reyginus:
Be my guest. To begin with, why and how is the question irrational?

First give us ur answers to the questions lets see how you can relate to the question..
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by SNCOQ3(m): 2:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Can you tell us that other myth? Since when have reality become a myth?

educate us more boss
define reality.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
SNCOQ3:

define reality.

am guessing you have no dictionary at home or in your device
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Weah96: 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

If you dont know how the universe began then on what grounds are you ridiculing the theory of others?

The word "theory" has different connotations in the English language. Your kind of theory is the equivalent of a hypothesis in science, all your work is still ahead of you. Or a hunch. For example, making the statement that Dangote is currently wearing a pair of Air Max Jordans at this very moment is not a theory, unless you have some means of demonstrating how you acquired the information.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Weah96: 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

Well, I don't believe in the Big Bang, and I don't believe in personal Gods. My Eritrean neighbor is an atheist and I doubt he knows what the big bang is. I'll make sure to ask him.

Wearing a baseball hat doesn't make someone a baseball player. You should address your Big Bang questions to those who have studied it and care about offering opinions on it. That most of those people are atheists doesn't mean that it is a prerequisite for atheism.

2 Likes

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by plaetton: 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

You said that no atheist believes that the universe was ever designed. It is funny how you speak for all atheists and at the same time boldly show your lack of knowledge on the possibilities of the universe.

As a christian, I believe that God designed the universe. I cannot prove it but what I do know for a fact is that science does not rule out the possibility of the universe being designed.

Just listen yourself; " as a Christian I believe crap crap crap ". Lol. As a Christian you also believe that the universe was created I'm six days, that a h.or.ny holy spirit molested a virgin to sire your lord and savior.

You are liberty to believe any crap that makes you sleep better at night.
Of course, that's why you are Christian, and I am not.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by SNCOQ3(m): 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
Weah96:

Who cares about the way the universe looks? It didn't affect my decision to quit religion and embrace reality.
ooookokobioko! ;-)
You do not care about the way the universe looks yet you have embraced reality. So how were you able to discern reality let alone embrace it?

OBSERVE the lilies, HOW they grow. They
neither labour nor spin. And yet I tell you
that not even Solomon in all his splendour
was as beautifully dressed as one of these.
- Jesus Christ (Luke 12:27)

Science is the intellectual and practical activity
encompassing the systematic study of the
structure and behaviour of the physical and
natural world through observation and
experiment.
-Dictionary

The bolded is the classic definition of science needed to be closer to empirical realities. Yet this physical realities can shed light into spiritual realities you 'atheists' are too blind to see.

Albert Eistein started out an atheist but real science led him to believe in the existence of God. Period.

2 Likes

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by plaetton: 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
SNCOQ3:

ooookokobioko! ;-)
You do not care about the way the universe looks yet you have embraced reality. So how were you able to discern reality let alone embrace it?

experiment.
-Dictionary

The bolded is the classic definition of science needed to be closer to empirical realities. Yet this physical realities can shed light into spiritual realities you 'atheists' are too blind to see.

Albert Eistein started out an atheist but real science led him to believe in the existence of God. Period.

So what can you tell us about the so - called spiritual realities. I am certain that you must know a little or a lot about it.
Care to enlighten us ? We are eager to learn.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
.hmmm naira is taking a bad beating from the dollar.. and I am happy.. does it make me a bad creation grin
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by frank317: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

What's this? He does not know so therefore he ceases to know when someone tells him a rediculus story about the creation of the world even when its obvious the person telling the ridiculous stories knows nothing?

You expect him to believe every rubbish anything tells him as the creation of the universe?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Weah96: 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
SNCOQ3:

But did he believe in personal Gods? I don't think so. Period. Thomas Paine believed in God too. And he also wrote the atheist manifesto, called the Age of Reason.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by SNCOQ3(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

am guessing you have no dictionary at home or in your device
The last time the dictionary definition of 'belief' you provided contradicted your view and proved mine true, you still went about in 'denial mode' parroting a false dichotomy between belief and knowledge in other threads. Remember?

Define reality. Lets see if you inderstand it from a phylosophical standpoint.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
SNCOQ3:

ooookokobioko! ;-)

experiment.
-Dictionary

lolzzz what is spiritual reality?
can you prove anything spiritual?
Do you know anything about spirit?
let me define reality for you [size=20]the state of being actual or real[/size]
Lmao... boss now tell me again how anything spiritual is actual or real?

comon that shiit is just in your head...grin
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
SNCOQ3:

The last time the dictionary definition of 'belief' you provided contradicted your view and proved mine true, you still went about in 'denial mode' parroting a false dichotomy between belief and knowledge in other threads. Remember?

Define reality. Lets see if you inderstand it from a phylosophical standpoint.

Lolzzzz the thing is you lack adequate comprehension... i had no reason going in circles with you anymore...
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by SNCOQ3(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Weah96:

But did he believe in personal Gods? I don't think so.Period.
If you are not sure, you can't add a 'period' to it. Period.
'Impersonal God' does not mean God is not a person- an entity with a mind is a person. The belief in a 'personal God' is a matter of faith. Blind faith or reasonable faith.

That there is a God is all that is relevant to this thread.

Thomas Paine believed in God too. And he also wrote the atheist manifesto, called the Age of Reason.
Age of Reason is a deistic literature not an atheistic one. Big difference.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by SNCOQ3(m): 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Lolzzzz the thing is you lack adequate comprehension... i had no reason going in circles with you anymore...
......kids of this days.

The evidence of who lack adequate comprehension is apparent. You are not wise.

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by undercat: 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
tobechi74:
Okay. Here is your chance to design a universe that is better than the one we live in. Many people claim that the poor design of our universe and/or God's involvement or lack thereof results in a universe that is unacceptable. In order to present a thorough model, please address all the following issues:

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

5.What laws of physics will you use?

I encourage you to "think outside the box." The universe you design does not have to be similar to our universe. Change the laws of physics. Think about gravity, thermodynamics, matter, energy, etc. Think about the beings who you create. How will they interact with you and each other (you don't have to use the five senses that we have)? My goal is to get you to think deeply about the issues of free will and love and how those issues are affected by the physical laws. I look forward to your ideas. Here are some other people's ideas:

1. If we are assuming that I am God, then it is not possible for anything to be equal to or greater than I am in power.

2. The same amount of free will that I have.

3. I won't create harmful things. The beings I create will be immaterial, for starters.

4. What rules?

5. None. I am God, I don't need physics.

If I were God, I won't create anything at all.

I'm not an atheist tho.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Join Secret Society / Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) / ⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.