Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,142 members, 7,957,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist (4017 Views)

My Last Question For Nairaland Atheist / I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me / Nairaland Atheist Meet Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

First give us ur answers to the questions lets see how you can relate to the question..
Lol. How do you expect me to give an answer to a question with a 'certain' irrationality from your own viewpoint? Explain.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
Reyginus:
Lol. How do you expect me to give an answer to a question with a 'certain' irrationality from your own viewpoint? Explain.

but you expect an answer from me huh.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Zikdik(m): 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
These theists can't even differentiate between atheists and scientologists..
I'd keep quite until I find a rational enough post.

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

but you expect an answer from me huh.
You don't seem to get it, bro. Someone put forward a question which you claimed is irrational. I then asked you how it is irrational and you told me to answer the question. Do you really know what is happening or what you are saying?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ain't creation fundamentally part of our own nature? Aint it one of our strongest driving forces? Just look around...we all create...every day... Even when we think about God or his non-existence or the laws of physics and evolution...we create our own theories. From that perspective, the question mentioned in this topic ain't that senseless. I dont really know the nature of an atheist...but it is probably also driven by a creative force. Maybe by thinking about their ideal world, atheist will discover that even their own atheistic theories are a form of creation ;-)...To me atheism is as much a religion as those who believe in God or ... Even science is a religion to a certain extent. In the end, we are all biased and limited...we just give different names to the parts we don't understand ;-)

2 Likes

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
WhatDoYouBelieve?
Many religious fundamentalists believe that the earth and everything on it was created in six 24-hour days, just a few thousand years ago. Some atheists would have you believe that God does not exist, that the Bible is a book of myths, and that all life is the product of random, undirected events.
The majority of people hold views that are somewhere between these opposing ideas. The fact that you are reading this brochure likely indicates that you are one of them. You may believe in God and respect the Bible. But you may also value the opinion of highly trained and influential scientists who do not believe that life was created. If you are a parent, you may wonder how to answer your children when they ask questions about evolution and creation.
WhatIsthePurposeofThisBrochure?
It is not the purpose of this material to ridicule the views either of fundamentalists or of those who choose not to believe in God. Rather, it is our hope that this brochure will prompt you to examine again the basis for some of your beliefs. It will present an explanation of the Bible’s account of creation that you may not have previously considered. And it will emphasize why it really does matter what you believe about how life began.
Will you trust the claims of those who say that there is no intelligent Creator and that the Bible is unreliable? Or will you examine what the Bible actually says? Which teachings are worthy of your trust, your faith: those of the Bible or those of evolutionists? ( Hebrews 11:1) Why not review the facts?

Review the facts here http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102010230
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
AStudent’sDilemma
Peter shifts uneasily in his chair, a knot forming in his stomach. His teacher, a woman he respects, has just finished describing how Charles Darwin and his theory of evolution advanced scientific understanding and liberated mankind from superstitious beliefs. Now she has invited her students to express their opinions on this topic.
Peter faces a dilemma. His parents have taught him that God created the earth and all life on it. They say that the Bible’s account of creation is trustworthy and that evolution is simply a theory—one not supported by the evidence. Peter’s teacher and his parents all mean well. But whom should Peter believe?
Each school year, scenarios like the above play out in thousands of classrooms around the globe. What should Peter and students like him do? Would you not agree that they really need to make up their own minds on this matter? They need to examine the evidence for evolution and for creation and then decide for themselves which they will believe.
In fact, the Bible warns against blindly believing what others teach. “Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word,” states one Bible writer, “but the shrewd one considers his steps.” ( Proverbs 14:15) The Bible encourages Christians to use their “power of reason” and to prove to themselves the things they are taught.— Romans 12:1, 2.
This brochure is not designed to support the efforts of religious groups who want to have creation taught in schools. The purpose of this brochure is to examine claims made by those who teach that life appeared spontaneously and assert that the Bible’s account of creation is a myth.
We will focus on the cell because that is the most basic unit of life. You will be able to review some amazing facts about how cells are built. You will also be asked to analyze the assumptions that underpin the theory of evolution.
Sooner or later, all of us need to confront the question, Was life created, or did it evolve? You likely have already given this topic serious thought. This brochure will present just some of the evidence that has led many to believe that life was created.

What's the origin of life? See here http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102010341
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by tobechi20(m): 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
plaetton:
Crap.
You guys very very slow learners.
No matter how many times we tryt to explain what it means to be an atheists, you blokes never seem to get it.
No wonder you all fail your exams.

First. It is very very silly to ask an atheist to design a universe, given( pls read carefully) that no atheists believes that the universe was ever designed. Pls remember that.

Secondly, you who believe in a god- designed universe should enlighten us as to what a non god-designed universe would like .

banned so couldnt respond earlier

you claimed the world is not perfect or rather has lots of loopholes

so in what way will you consider a world "perfect".
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by tobechi20(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Now call those many people to come and address the op why involving all nairaland atheists... or better still why dont you make it a general question for both theists and atheists to see everyone's concept of a perfect universe.

Sir why dont you give us an example of how its done by creating yours first and we will all follow suit

atheist are fond of insulting the darkness when they cant light a candle.
They criticise the world when they cant create a prototype

christians flow with the dark and hope it gets better
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by tobechi20(m): 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
Zikdik:
These theists can't even differentiate between atheists and scientologists..
I'd keep quite until I find a rational enough post.

many nairaland atheist claim to be scientologist
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 2:41am On Feb 24, 2015
Weah96:

But did he believe in personal Gods? I don't think so. Period. Thomas Paine believed in God too. And he also wrote the atheist manifesto, called the Age of Reason.

You are clearly out of your league and just stumbling around in blind ignorance. If you dont know just say so.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Weah96: 5:54am On Feb 24, 2015
davidylan:

You are clearly out of your league and just stumbling around in blind ignorance. If you dont know just say so.

My brother, Einstein didn't believe in personal Gods. Thomas Paine didn't believe in personal Gods. Feel free to correct me.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 6:07am On Feb 24, 2015
Weah96:

My brother, Einstein didn't believe in personal Gods. Thomas Paine didn't believe in personal Gods. Feel free to correct me.

Somebody already did... you simply doubled down on your ignorant opinion rather than correcting yourself.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Weah96: 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
davidylan:

Somebody already did... you simply doubled down on your ignorant opinion rather than correcting yourself.

Somebody did? Where? In Asia Minor, Abuja, or here on NL? I don't blame you, you're a shameless person. Show me where Einstein believed in personal Gods and you come here to reference anonymous contributors. I'm now supposed to go canvassing NL for a poster called "Someone" because you lack the stones to man up and make your own contribution.

2 Likes

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Liekiller(f): 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
tobechi20:

many nairaland atheist claim to be scientologist

Just to be sure...do you know the difference between scientology and science!?!

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 18, 2015
Tufanja:
Ain't creation fundamentally part of our own nature? Aint it one of our strongest driving forces? Just look around...we all create...every day... Even when we think about God or his non-existence or the laws of physics and evolution...we create our own theories. From that perspective, the question mentioned in this topic ain't that senseless. I dont really know the nature of an atheist...but it is probably also driven by a creative force. Maybe by thinking about their ideal world, atheist will discover that even their own atheistic theories are a form of creation ;-)...To me atheism is as much a religion as those who believe in God or ... Even science is a religion to a certain extent. In the end, we are all biased and limited...we just give different names to the parts we don't understand ;-)

Same for imperfection, so is god also imperfect?

Who created god, since you said he is also a creator like us?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Man's Destiny In Gods Hands Or Is It Man That Shapes His Own Destiny? / Islam And Burning People Alive / CD/DVD Duplicators For Churches/seminars For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.