Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,048 members, 7,852,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists (711 Views)

Gov. Amaechi Insists That Dakuku Peterside Will Be Rivers States Next Governor / APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” / 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists by midolian(m): 8:39am On Feb 24, 2015
Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, on Sunday, insisted that President Goodluck Jonathan forced the postponement of the general elections.

Amaechi, who was a guest on Channels Television ‘Politics Today’, alleged that Jonathan ignored the assurance of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that it was ready for the elections.

The Director General of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign explained that INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega, had earlier given assurance that it was more prepared for the general elections than it was before the 2011 general elections.

While expressing dissatisfaction at the postponement, Amaechi queried: “how will my party be happy with the postponement when Nigerians were ready for the elections and the President and the military will sit down and say, ‘no, you cannot have election on that day.’

“I hope that by March 28, they would have been able to decimate the Boko Haram; if they don’t, I hope they do not postpone the election again.”

“The election postponement is a wrong decision because 80 per cent of the persons at the Council of State meeting held in Abuja had asked the President not to ask for postponement.

“The INEC chairman made a comment that was interesting. He said, ‘if you say that the 2011 election was credible, Mr. President, I am telling you that I am more prepared now than I was in 2011’.

“If you look at now and when the election was postponed, you will see that nothing has changed, but the military had reported that it had taken back some communities in the volatile north-east under the control of the Boko Haram terrorists,” Amaechi said.

“Is the President saying that if he knew he would win the election on that day, would he have asked for postponement?

“If you like shift elections to May 29 or June 12, the truth is that Nigerians want change.

“Go to the street and hear; Nigerians want a change and the things that the APC provide are change so they want to vote for the APC.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was hoping to use the military to intermediate voters and rig the election.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/jonathan-forced-election-shift-amaechi-insists/
Re: Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists by acidtalk: 8:41am On Feb 24, 2015
Even a new born knows that. He only delayed his days of sleepless nights.

Imagine if Buhari was president of Nigeria and every week he is gallivanting from NASFAT to Quareeb, from Quareeb to Ansarudeen, from there to Ahmadiyya, from there to Izala from there to the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) and from there to the National Mosque in Abuja and from there to the Ilorin Central Mosque and from there to the Yobe Central Mosque and then from there to Lagos Central Mosque, then to the central mosques in Ibadan, Kano and Maiduguri then again he shells out billions of naira to imams, what would Nigerians say? What would Nigerians say if Buhari is the president now and he takes the jets of the presidential fleet to pack imams to Mecca? What would Nigerians say if Buhari was in the mosque and a grand imam from the north accuses southern tribes of being terrorists and Buhari is right there in the mosque and he says nothing? Hypocrisy has melted the brains of many in this country. Jonathan is a divisive leader using a very volatile means to push his sinister agenda. So answer me, what if Buhari was doing all this? And he makes sure the media is always covering every visit to the mosque? This same general was in Abuja some days ago for Friday prayers at Wuse, the imam did not even announce that Buhari was in the mosque and many were not aware he was in the same mosque with them. He had his prayers and left without any noise. Jonathan, I repeat, is a divisive figure and it is the actions of leaders like him that lead to catastrophic consequences. As for the hypocrites of this nation defending every stupid thing Oga Ade does because of tribe or religion, na you go tire for this one wey we start so.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists by midolian(m): 8:51am On Feb 24, 2015
acidtalk:
Even a new born knows that. He only delayed his days of sleepless nights.

Imagine if Buhari was president of Nigeria and every week he is gallivanting from NASFAT to Quareeb, from Quareeb to Ansarudeen, from there to Ahmadiyya, from there to Izala from there to the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) and from there to the National Mosque in Abuja and from there to the Ilorin Central Mosque and from there to the Yobe Central Mosque and then from there to Lagos Central Mosque, then to the central mosques in Ibadan, Kano and Maiduguri then again he shells out billions of naira to imams, what would Nigerians say? What would Nigerians say if Buhari is the president now and he takes the jets of the presidential fleet to pack imams to Mecca? What would Nigerians say if Buhari was in the mosque and a grand imam from the north accuses southern tribes of being terrorists and Buhari is right there in the mosque and he says nothing? Hypocrisy has melted the brains of many in this country. Jonathan is a divisive leader using a very volatile means to push his sinister agenda. So answer me, what if Buhari was doing all this? And he makes sure the media is always covering every visit to the mosque? This same general was in Abuja some days ago for Friday prayers at Wuse, the imam did not even announce that Buhari was in the mosque and many were not aware he was in the same mosque with them. He had his prayers and left without any noise. Jonathan, I repeat, is a divisive figure and it is the actions of leaders like him that lead to catastrophic consequences. As for the hypocrites of this nation defending every stupid thing Oga Ade does because of tribe or religion, na you go tire for this one wey we start so.
YOU ARE SO ON POINT..

PDP IS DEAD AND WE KNOW THAT. WE JUST DON'T KNOW WHY THEY VE DECIDED TO POSTPONE THE BURIAL.
Re: Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists by Chiaka(f): 9:05am On Feb 24, 2015
midolian:
Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, on Sunday, insisted that President Goodluck Jonathan forced the postponement of the general elections.

Amaechi, who was a guest on Channels Television ‘Politics Today’, alleged that Jonathan ignored the assurance of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that it was ready for the elections.

The Director General of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign explained that INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega, had earlier given assurance that it was more prepared for the general elections than it was before the 2011 general elections.

While expressing dissatisfaction at the postponement, Amaechi queried: “how will my party be happy with the postponement when Nigerians were ready for the elections and the President and the military will sit down and say, ‘no, you cannot have election on that day.’

“I hope that by March 28, they would have been able to decimate the Boko Haram; if they don’t, I hope they do not postpone the election again.”

“The election postponement is a wrong decision because 80 per cent of the persons at the Council of State meeting held in Abuja had asked the President not to ask for postponement.

“The INEC chairman made a comment that was interesting. He said, ‘if you say that the 2011 election was credible, Mr. President, I am telling you that I am more prepared now than I was in 2011’.

“If you look at now and when the election was postponed, you will see that nothing has changed, but the military had reported that it had taken back some communities in the volatile north-east under the control of the Boko Haram terrorists,” Amaechi said.

“Is the President saying that if he knew he would win the election on that day, would he have asked for postponement?

“If you like shift elections to May 29 or June 12, the truth is that Nigerians want change.

“Go to the street and hear; Nigerians want a change and the things that the APC provide are change so they want to vote for the APC.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was hoping to use the military to intermediate voters and rig the election.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/jonathan-forced-election-shift-amaechi-insists/

All Ameachis Evil Plots are failing, now he is here talking bla bla! I no dey hear u, wetin you dey say Mtchew!!
Re: Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists by gbalikuma(m): 9:10am On Feb 24, 2015
i was told that in Nigeria there is freedom of speech and that is the reason for all followers of BUHARI to say things that can't tell their parent to the president, we are all aware of the fact that what even an APC member say is right but if it come from any other Nigerian it is a lie? What should i say but it say we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH, USE IF WISELY
Re: Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists by midolian(m): 9:14am On Feb 24, 2015
gbalikuma:
i was told that in Nigeria there is freedom of speech and that is the reason for all followers of BUHARI to say things that can't tell their parent to the president, we are all aware of the fact that what even an APC member say is right but if it come from any other Nigerian it is a lie? What should i say but it say we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH, USE IF WISELY
oh! So you don't see anything wrong in the names you call Buhari?
Re: Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists by dein77(m): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2015
Amaechi should have a seat.

Elections have been postponed in the past.

Yes we want a change. But no from the camp of the broom wavers!

GEJ till 2019!
Re: Jonathan Forced Election Shift, Amaechi Insists by kasiem(m): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2015
Make fayose catch for there u go say who send u. U suppose form parallel govt as u take threaten nah

(1) (Reply)

Dayo Adeneye Of Primetime Africa Proves Loyalty To APC While Hitting The Gym / Why You Should Vote General Muh'd Buhari / PDP Ridicules APC's 1million Man March,Calls It A Flop With Only 10,000 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.