Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” (29944 Views)

Missing Budget: APC Reacts To Call For Buhari's Impeachment / NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga / 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by dappyboy0489(m): 12:52am On Feb 08, 2015
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has just heard over the news media that The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has decided to postpone the elections by six weeks on the strength of a letter by the security chiefs that they cannot provide security for the elections nationwide because of the commitment of its resources to fight insurgency in the north eastern part of the country.

This is clearly a major setback for Nigerian democracy, and our Party is meeting in emergency session to study its implications and will inform Nigerians of its decisions in the next few days.

In the meantime, though what has happened is highly provocative, I strongly appeal to all Nigerians to remain calm and desist from violence and any activity which will compound this unfortunate development. We must not fall into this obvious trap. Change we must. They can only delay it; No one can stop it.

I want to assure all Nigerians that the All Progressives Congress will not abandon its commitment to change and will sustain the struggle to establish a new Nigeria.

John E. K. Odigie-Oyegun. CON.

National Chairman, APC

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/176443-election-shift-highly-provocative-apc.html

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 08, 2015
They can only delay destining but they can't destroy it.

We have to remain calm in the face of provocation no matter how confrontational they come.

I know one thing that is sure, Jonathan is towing the path of Lawrence Gbagbo. Jonathan doesn't have the number in this election. One million Jonathan cannot stop the March to Change.

#MarchtoChange!!

190 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by kodded(m): 12:57am On Feb 08, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by kodded(m): 12:58am On Feb 08, 2015
sincerenigerian:

We have to remain calm in the face of provocation no matter how confrontational they come.

I know one thing that is sure, Jonathan is towing the path of Lawrence Gbagbo. Jonathan doesn't have the number in this election. One million Jonathan cannot stop the March to Change.

#MarchtoChange!!
try the fake link

8 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 08, 2015
[s]
kodded:
fake link
fake lies
fake change
fake party
[/s]

22 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by eyenibibio(m): 12:58am On Feb 08, 2015
APC desperately hungry for power since 1999. They shud park well and let us march4GEJ.
-
-
Bad belle is allowed.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by 76Naira(m): 1:01am On Feb 08, 2015
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 08, 2015
76Naira:
seriously if u watch d conference and listen carefully u will see that on the part of INEC everything is okay, but thier hands was tied with the electoral act constitution jega mentioned and to better understand what was wrong all we need is a week. the so call security heads that wrote the letter will av no choice than to strt acting in accordance wit wat dey mentioned in the letter. which is to fight d BH and restore an atmosphere where election culd take place in the affected areas. if d north av been cooperative ever since the so call campaign it wuldnt av added fuel to this, burning campaign cars further strengthing d need for protection of lives and properties. over 600,000 youth will be involve in this not to talk of d staff of inec and d society at large. so the postponement is a gud justification on my part but d security must start acting to show that they were not influenced. no matter wat the case may be the next president as been destined right from the day he was born. I jst pray he and his entourage ar dose that will bring the positive change we really need.
opinion from a 2 yrs unemployed grad.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Bekwarra(m): 1:12am On Feb 08, 2015
They should go to court and if they don't like the courts, they should protest on the streets like Amaechi said. I trust the soldiers.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by braine(m): 1:12am On Feb 08, 2015
Like every other evil plans and propaganda against the General, this will work in his favour as usual. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by braine(m): 1:18am On Feb 08, 2015
afolag:

seriously if u watch d conference and listen carefully u will see that on the part of INEC everything is okay, but thier hands was tied with the electoral act constitution jega mentioned and to better understand what was wrong all we need is a week. the so call security heads that wrote the letter will av no choice than to strt acting in accordance wit wat dey mentioned in the letter. which is to fight d BH and restore an atmosphere where election culd take place in the affected areas. if d north av been cooperative ever since the so call campaign it wuldnt av added fuel to this, burning campaign cars further strengthing d need for protection of lives and properties. over 600,000 youth will be involve in this not to talk of d staff of inec and d society at large. so the postponement is a gud justification on my part but d security must start acting to show that they were not influenced. no matter wat the case may be the next president as been destined right from the day he was born. I jst pray he and his entourage ar dose that will bring the positive change we really need.
opinion from a 2 yrs unemployed grad.
my brother, what have they been doing for the past 5 years? There was chaos in 2010, yet the elections held in 2011. They've known of the election time table since it came out over a year ago. This insecurity excuse is not just it, its a very lame one. After they saw that the PVC collection wouldn't hold water, they decided to use this. PDP will fail.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by April4th(m): 1:19am On Feb 08, 2015
Que sera sera

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by lafex: 1:19am On Feb 08, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 08, 2015
braine:
my brother, what have they been doing for the past 5 years? There was chaos in 2010, yet the elections held in 2011. They've known of the election time table since it came out over a year ago. This insecurity excuse is not just it, its a very lame one. After they saw that the PVC collection wouldn't hold water, they decided to use this. PDP will fail.
look I know it been quite over 5 yrs now and they know the election will hold. 6 weeks will soon end, and dis will gve chance for more distribution of PVC adding more to d 66.65% ardly in voters hand, lt sitbak relax, 6 wik go remain tomao

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by nwaanambra1(m): 1:30am On Feb 08, 2015
April4th:
Que Sera, Sera

WHAT MUST BE - MUST BE. . . cool cool

THEY CAN ONLY DELAY IT - BUT CANT DENY IT!

THE CHANGE WE ALL DESIRE HAS COME HOME TO ROOST!

#MARCH4BUHARI! cool cool

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Nobody: 1:34am On Feb 08, 2015
nwaanambra1:

#MARCH4BUHARI! cool cool

Now that there's no more FEBUHARI, what else is the new...

MARCH-UARI?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by nwaanambra1(m): 1:38am On Feb 08, 2015
imoleay0:

MARCHUARI
Gejtill2019

QUOTE ME AGAIN AND YOU WILL DIE BEFORE #MARCH4BUHARI

BLOODY GOAT! angry angry

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by arinzeuba: 1:42am On Feb 08, 2015
APC members is feeling that they are the only political party in nigeria. Postponed or no postponed PDP will still win,in GEJ we trust and stand. Our dynamic president carry GOOOOO and continue your good work for nigeria

29 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by nzeadachie: 1:47am On Feb 08, 2015
sincerenigerian:

#MarchtoChange!!
YOU MEAN AFTER THE COUTR? MIND YOU THAT JEGA IS A GONER

3 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by nzeadachie: 1:49am On Feb 08, 2015
nwaanambra1:

#MARCH4BUHARI! cool cool
#MARCHBUHARITOCOURT

12 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Nobody: 1:49am On Feb 08, 2015
nwaanambra1:

QUOTE ME AGAIN AND YOU WILL DIE BEFORE #MARCH4BUHARI

BLOODY GOAT! angry angry

I shall not die but live.
BTW, why re you insulting me?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by nwaanambra1(m): 1:59am On Feb 08, 2015
imoleay0:

[s]I shall not die but live.
BTW, why re you insulting me?[/s]

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU DIEING OR LIVING SHA! BUT YOU SAID MARCH-AURY SO NA YOU GET MORTUARY ME I SAY #MARCH4BUHARI AND NA ME GET THAT ONE! cheesy cheesy

WHATEVER A MAN ASKS FOR IS WHAT HE SHALL GET! cheesy cheesy

SHIKINA! grin grin

MEANWHILE, ABEG STOP MENTIONING ME - I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO PDP-MARCHTUARY! angry

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by nwaanambra1(m): 2:01am On Feb 08, 2015
nzeadachie:
#MARCHBUHARITOCOURT

OGBENYEADACHIE! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by amsad19(m): 2:07am On Feb 08, 2015
Click like for GMB
Click share for GEJ.

118 Likes 41 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by nzeadachie: 2:12am On Feb 08, 2015
nwaanambra1:

OGBENYEADACHIE! cheesy cheesy
#MARCHBUHARITOCOURT, #JEGAISAGONER

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Babacele: 2:27am On Feb 08, 2015
afolag:

look I know it been quite over 5 yrs now and they know the election will hold. 6 weeks will soon end, and dis will gve chance for more distribution of PVC adding more to d 66.65% ardly in voters hand, lt sitbak relax, 6 wik go remain tomao
pretender!

2 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by luvmijeje(f): 2:38am On Feb 08, 2015
This is now beyond APC.......... It's an assault on our constitution. Jonathan is ready to plunge us to war all for his selfish gains.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Akon419(m): 3:38am On Feb 08, 2015
luvmijeje:
This is now beyond APC.......... It's an assault on our constitution. Jonathan is president is ready to plunge us to war all for his selfish gains.
what do u know about constitution

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by paulolee(m): 4:32am On Feb 08, 2015
still expectinq more throwinq of stones at GEJ PDP from APC qoons forqetinq DT GEJ is d C in C of d country n DT buhari wud do same if he wr to pull some strinqs to shift n riq d polls....I see JEGA resiqninq....I see d riseinq up of d dead n buried certificate saqa.....I see APC winninq in some unpredictable PDP owned state.....I see GEJ riqqin n winning d election even if he decides to push it to December.... I see massive loss of lives of paid n rented PDP n APC youths in diff fracas while d children of f selfish n corrupt leaders ar in d comfort insyd dier larqe mansions..... I see tinz in NY crystal-ball dt can't b said coz m not a prophet of doom....pray n dnt stop prayin to Jah or wateva u b'liev in b4 qoin out each day coz dis election is a DO or DIE for xo MANY PEPs dis Year.....**slowli liqts his 4th wrap of S.K n listening to reggae beats**

4 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by coldsummer: 4:34am On Feb 08, 2015
When you have incompetent and empty headed leader, all you see and hear is confusion.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by saintandsinnerz: 6:01am On Feb 08, 2015
Why do yorubas hate gej so much? Almost all the yorubas I know hate gej and when you ask them why, some will say he marginalized the yorubas, some will say he is corrupt! While Some are just buying into the gej-hate bandwagon just for d sake of it. No tangible reason!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Switpal(m): 6:18am On Feb 08, 2015
FailBuhari wil also fail in March.

GEJ we knw.
GEJ till 2019

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Throwback Picture Of Sani And Maryam Abacha (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.