Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (890 Views)

Reasons Why The Election Date May Further Be Shifted- An Honest Point Of View / Elections Shifted To March 28, April 11 / Inec Shocker: Saturday Poll Shifted Again In Some Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by kagari: 3:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
The presidential election is some few days before easter sunday, especially falling inbetween the holy week, typical of such festivities a lot of of the southerners would want to travel before then.this would be to a disadvantage to the pdp cause there would be more numbers to rig for the opposition. The election would be shifted again, but this time on religious grounds with an oversight on security
Re: . by Eggcelent(m): 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
While I agree that the Presidential election might be shifted due to the Easter festivities, I don't understand why you had to bring in the religious slant to your submission. The PDP & APC are political parties with national spread, cutting across religious divides. Hence, none has monopoly in any region of the country.
Re: . by kagari: 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
Eggcelent:
While I agree that the Presidential election might be shifted due to the Easter festivities, I don't understand why you had to bring in the religious slant to your submission. The PDP & APC are political parties with national spread, cutting across religious divides. Hence, none has monopoly in any region of the country.
My friend that is the reality on ground. Our politiciams keeps dividing us along religious and tribal lanes. Iam apolitical to any party. But this just my humble submission
Re: . by Eggcelent(m): 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
Ok. I don't dispute that you are apolitical. However, my point is that you/we don't need to join the politicians in promoting religious/tribal sentiments.
Re: . by kagari: 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2015
Eggcelent:
Ok. I don't dispute that you are apolitical. However, my point is that you/we don't need to join the politicians in promoting religious/tribal sentiments.
Ok lets sit and watch.

(1) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose Early Life In The Streethood / At The End Of The Day; It's Not About GMB Vs Jonathan, The North Vs The South, / The Rise & Fall Of Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.