Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari (892 Views)

Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - / Newswatch: Why I Overthrew & Imprisoned BUHARI In 1985 – IBB / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All
Progressives Congress (APC), has congratulated Shehu
Shagari, a former president, on his 90th birthday, saying
the nonagenarian shows him “civility and courtesy” despite
ousting his government in 1983.
“Although, I am physically unable to be present as I am
abroad on previously-arranged assignments, I wish to send
my good wishes to former President Shehu Shagari on his
90th birthday,” a congratulatory message signed by Buhari
read.
“Alhaji Shehu Shagari is now the Grand Old Man of Nigerian
politics, having been in the frame of public affairs since the
colonial days.
“Although my government forcibly removed his government,
he has always shown me civility and much courtesy. His
contributions at the National Council of State meetings,
which I attend, have always been constructive and eloquent.
“I wish the former president many more years of good
health and peaceful retirement.”
Shagari, who would be 90 on Wednesday, February 25, was
president of Nigeria between October 1, 1979 and December
31, 1983, when he was deposed in a coup d’etat that led to
Buhari’s emergence as head of state.

www.thecable.ng/gmb-toppled-shagari-yet-shows-civility
Re: I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari by princesslucy83: 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
The evil that Men do -----------!!!!!
Re: I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari by stigman(m): 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
You are saying all this now because you want to be president abi, the man is old that is why he can't fight back now, as a matter of true true, he is not happy with you and will never be, you Destroyed democracy and now you want to enjoy it abi, that can only happen in your dream

1 Like

Re: I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari by oluwadare26(m): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2015
stigman:
You are saying all this now because you want to be president abi, the man is old that is why he can't fight back now, as a matter of true true, he is not happy with you and will never be, you Destroyed democracy and now you want to enjoy it abi, that can only happen in your dream

Can anyone explain to me what this man is saying?
Re: I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari by oluwadare26(m): 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
Whether haterz likes it or not, GENERAL MUHAMMAD BUHARI will be our next president come May 29 Insha Allah, In Jesus name, ati agbara awon iyami osoromonga.
Re: I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari by stigman(m): 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2015
oluwadare26:

Can anyone explain to me what this man is saying?

What am saying is that your grand father BUHARI will not be president, if he like let him wish all nigerian happy birth day

1 Like

Re: I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari by Adminisher: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2015
stigman:

NPN destroyed our democracy. Politicians have been destroying our democracy since independence. NPN like PDP rigged elections and stole the entire treasury that was what caused the overthrow. If you have any love for people in government you will advise them to stop rigging elections and stop stealing the people's money. Many have lost their lives in the past and many still will.

1 Like

Re: I Overthrew Shagari, Yet He Bears No Grudge, Says General Buhari by Collynzo9: 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2015
What a shameless old man!
After forcibly removing Shagari together with some of Nigeria's best performing governors ever from power, what did he achieve with the power?
Absolutely nothing!

(1) (Reply)

Watch Yorubas Boo APC Convoy Non-violently. / Opposition Might Politicise NNPC Forensic Audit Report If I Published - Dizeani / Dear President Jonathan,Any Dummy Can Pay China US$13B To Overhaul Railways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.