Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria (46026 Views)

I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard / New Price List Of Toyota Cars In Nigeria ( Caution: Better Sit Before You Read) / Buy These Two Toyota Cars For N2.3million Am Relocating To Usa.. Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by jaz(m): 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
i love my Mitsu, probably would get another model

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
Reliable car. Am a toyota fan
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Tonason: 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
milestonejnr:
I observed that out of every five cars you see on Nigerian road, at least one is a Toyota product. Ever wondered why Toyota models account for the highest number of vehicles on Nigerian roads?
Have you ever wondered why almost all the mass transit that ply long distances use this particular brand.

Have you also reasoned why Toyota camry that has been in existence since the late nineties just like camry 1996 model still ply Nigerian roads.
Have you also asked yourself why banks, insurance, schools etc go for Toyota. I think they all know the secret behind this brand.

Below are the reasons why Toyota dominates in Nigeria

REASONS FOR TOYOTA'S DOMINANCE
Toyota is free maintainance vehicle. Even without mechanical experience one can service his or her vehicle. Toyota is a so lovely

1. Their products are easy to maintain and repair. It cost little or nothing to maintain. Apart from the regular service, you hardly spend to keep it running on the road.

2. Availability of spare parts. You can easily get their parts even if you want to change the entire engine, it is readily available and affordable than other brands.

3. Toyota have many varieties. They have dominated in every type of car which include sports utility vehicles (SUV), buses, pickups, sedan, mini-buses etc... I haven't seen their heavy duty vehicle though. It also comes in various trim depending on your taste.

4. Their cars can easily be resold even after some years of using it. Toyota can be sold six times as fast as any other brand.

5. Their technology is less complex and simple to handle

6. You can easily buy their new and used cars (otherwise known as Tokunbos)

7. Their cars have good mileage

8. Here in Nigeria, it is most peoples favorite.

9.They have durable engines.

10. They came to Nigeria on time.

I don't think you can easily leave Toyota when you get used to the brand.

SOURCE: http://emekaani..com/2015/02/reasons-why-toyota-cars-dominate-in.html
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
chucky234:
hahaha nobody buy those cars you posted from dealer shop, there are millions of 1997 - 1999 Camry going for below $1000 in Canada and USA from owners and auction sites, auction export offerred me one with clean title for even $800 at buy now option.
You can get a Tinylight for $800 = N170,400, shipping $950 = N202,350, clearing N230,000 totaled N602,705 yet they sell it for 950k - N1m. They have been selling it at such ridiculous rates even when Naira was N160 against the dollars, which means 450k was enough to land Tinylight.
The most painful aspect is seeing people puts Nigerian used Orobo for sale at N500,000 while Tinylight is always posted for 650k = $3200, imagine a Tinylight used on our God forsaken roads for God knows how long going for $3200. Nigerian used 1999 ES300 is even selling below 350k while its inferior cousin sell at whopping 650k as a result of over hyping and over pricing of the scrap called Tinylight/Biglight.
www.iseecars.com/used_cars-t5495-used-toyota-under-1000

Really? Shipping of $950? Is shipping dat cheap?
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
chucky234:
hahaha nobody buy those cars you posted from dealer shop, there are millions of 1997 - 1999 Camry going for below $1000 in Canada and USA from owners and auction sites, auction export offerred me one with clean title for even $800 at buy now option.
You can get a Tinylight for $800 = N170,400, shipping $950 = N202,350, clearing N230,000 totaled N602,705 yet they sell it for 950k - N1m. They have been selling it at such ridiculous rates even when Naira was N160 against the dollars, which means 450k was enough to land Tinylight.
The most painful aspect is seeing people puts Nigerian used Orobo for sale at N500,000 while Tinylight is always posted for 650k = $3200, imagine a Tinylight used on our God forsaken roads for God knows how long going for $3200. Nigerian used 1999 ES300 is even selling below 350k while its inferior cousin sell at whopping 650k as a result of over hyping and over pricing of the scrap called Tinylight/Biglight.
www.iseecars.com/used_cars-t5495-used-toyota-under-1000

With this info I'm gonna ship my ride from abroad men...
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 8:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
I still prefer Honda, then Toyota, then Nissan
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by sonnie10: 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
drlawizle:

With this info I'm gonna ship my ride from abroad men...

Check the source of your info, post history and previous dealings if any on nairaland before concluding.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by ibkgab001: 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
I drive Camry xle 2007

My daddy drive Camry 2000

My mom drive sienna 2000

We love Toyota well well

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by d33types: 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
oga lomomike,you dey here and this sort of flimsy page with no credible reasons dey front? Jeez.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
d33types:
oga lomomike,you dey here and this sort of flimsy page with no credible reasons dey front? Jeez.

Oga I hail you. No vex na, e get some people wey like this topic and them find this topic necessary. Oga mi, no vex o!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by NemzySeries(m): 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
Currently Dating a Toyota brand but hopefully plans to make her ma side chick wen I get a Mercedes Benz(D only car wit a sur Name)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by 100Cents: 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
I love TOYOTA. .

I no fit shout.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by akinsbobo1: 8:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Yeah, Toyota d best car ever for Nigeria road.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by oseiwe(m): 8:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
when you finally get your hands on a benz, all those Toyota durability and wetin call, go disappear!
I learnt it first hand btw 01 camry and 01 c class.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by oseiwe(m): 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
NemzySeries:
Currently Dating a Toyota brand but hopefully plans to make her ma side chick wen I get a Mercedes Benz(D only car wit a sur Name)
make haste!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by tivta(m): 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
chucky234:
Dealers imports based on demand, if people swing their pendulum toward other brands dealers will surely follow suit.
In the 70s to early 90s Benz, VW and Peugeot were the best sellers because our cars were coming in from Europe until mid 90s when started importing from the US/Canada based on the fact cars were cheaper in North America which offers better ROI to the dealers.
People need to start buying cars not just because of reliability or second hand value but because they want to enjoy comfort and luxury to the fullest.
Range Rover and G-wagon are certainly not the easiest of cars to maintain but importers are importing them based on the simple that people demands it, people should change their perception about Toyota cars being reliable and cheap to maintain because they are not and the number of recalls Toyota record annually prove that.
. Toyota is the world's number one car brand and highest seller. Google it before you mislead people.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by abidak1759(m): 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
I want to buy a second hand sienna, still intact like tokunbo......... Pls advise!!!
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
chiebube:
OP, i hate to disagree with you though i currently own a Toyota.
We dont have much of ASE qualified mechanics and technicians. Most of our mechanics are not up to date with current trends in automobile industry. To avoid stress with cost of maintaining a car, most Nigerian car owners have Toyota as their only choice.

Very on point
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by tivta(m): 9:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
www.mbaskool.com/fun-corner/top-brand-lists/9828-top-10-automobile-companies-in-the-world-2014.html?start=9

Pls no one should mention pegouet or whatever they call themselves now adays cause its an EUropean car and not a world wide car maker.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
chiebube:
We dont have much of ASE qualified mechanics and technicians. Most of our mechanics are not up to date with current trends in automobile industry. To avoid stress with cost of maintaining a car, most Nigerian car owners have Toyota as their only choice.

what's this one saying
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
sonnie10:

Check the source of your info, post history and previous dealings if any on nairaland before concluding.

Doesn't mean I'll ship with the source of info...I gat sources abroad...just wanted to keep it incognito previously but now I'm keepimg it real man
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by abatically(m): 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
chucky234:
No dealer will pay $2000 for that car.

Bros, that u can get s tiny light for $800 doesn't mean u will always get it st that price. That deal comes once in a while, and if dealers are waiting for that opportunity then there won't be enough tiny light to meet the demand. Go to the port and see how many tiny light they clear in a day, then tell me dealers wait for once in a while deals to make their bid. U are not guaranteed of getting a clean tiny light for $800, unless u are buying severely salvaged and some salvaged even cost up to $1,200.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by christopher123(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
chiebube:

When they say Toyota is cheap to maintain I laugh . I have a nissan as a private car and i use corolla asoffice car both are same engine capacity 1.6 l

Now nissan is damn cheap and rugged ...the full engine is about 60k now tell me Toyota thathad an engine with that price

I change oil filter with just 400naira but Toyota is more expensive

I don't want to talk about brake pads etc

To me Toyota is over rated . The engine is a bit complex but Nissan is better

Don't even think of overheating and solenoid troubles of their automatics

Finally these Toyota comes in auto mainly and what about us the real men that loves manual drives

To me nissan anyday

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 9:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by eaglechild: 9:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
tivta:
www.mbaskool.com/fun-corner/top-brand-lists/9828-top-10-automobile-companies-in-the-world-2014.html?start=9

Pls no one should mention pegouet or whatever they call themselves now adays cause its an EUropean car and not a world wide car maker.
Please do not be ignorant.

Not everything on the internet is taken at face value see below.

Peugeot (PSA group) is the 10th largest automobile manufacturer by volume.
http://www.oica.net/wp-content/uploads//ranking-2013s-2.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry#cite_note-oi13-35
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by eaglechild: 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
christopher123:

When they say Toyota is cheap to maintain I laugh . I have a nissan as a private car and i use corolla asoffice car both are same engine capacity 1.6 l

Now nissan is damn cheap and rugged ...the full engine is about 60k now tell me Toyota thathad an engine with that price

I change oil filter with just 400naira but Toyota is more expensive

I don't want to talk about brake pads etc

To me Toyota is over rated . The engine is a bit complex but Nissan is better

Don't even think of overheating and solenoid troubles of their automatics

Finally these Toyota comes in auto mainly and what about us the real men that loves manual drives

To me nissan anyday

I thought i was the only Nissan fan in the house.

Nissan is a very reliable brand, drives way better than most toyotas in the same class.

Our mechanics can however be so bad that they can wreck any car.

Nissan is very cheap to maintain if you have a good mechanic, i still think Toyota is simpler to work on.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by standupguy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Toyota... I repeat Toyota!!!!! It's the most reliable car in the world. Fact.
I will never at any point in my life not own have a Toyota vehicle.
I call that 1998 Camry tinylight "Toyota Mistake".
Toyota mistakenly forgot to put any defect in that car.
that vehicle is perfect...!!!!!!

As a carlover I wish to experiment with other brands at some point but Toyota must remain my everyday car and it is none negotiable.
Ford is doing something good with their new ecboost engine which produces the torque of a V6 engine at the gas efficiency of an I4.

for those talking about German cars, I hate to burst your bubbles but reliability is not same as durability.
a durable car might not be reliable.

Hoping to graduate from Toyota to Lexus though.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by standupguy(m): 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
eaglechild:

Nissan is a very reliable brand, drives way better than most toyotas in the same class.

Nissan is very cheap to maintain if you have a good mechanic, i still think Toyota is simpler to work on.

Nissan I learnt used to be much more reliable than Toyota but at some point Toyota overtook them.
Personally I hate there designs.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by christopher123(m): 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
eaglechild:

That's the spirit ....Nissan is rugged just that our mechanics are daft

They can't even ring an engine
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by abatically(m): 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
tivta:

If cars were mobile phones, this is what they would look like.

PEUGEOT =BLACKBERRY: They made some good cars in the past, were on top and then relaxed and now they are on the decline. They struggle to get a good market share and only die hard fans buy them. Now they are doing everything to try to catch up just like blackberry released the passport to challenge the competition.

TOYOTA= SAMSUNG: Started as underdogs before moving to the top. Biggest automaker in the world just like samsung. They have cars for everyone from the very small Toyota yaris to big Landruizer and full size trucks like Tundra. They even have a supercar in Lexus LFA. Typical Samsung releasing hundreds of phones in a year. Lots of recalls recently and they are back to the drawing board to correct their faults before the Koreans (Hyundai and KIA) take over. Same way Samsung is trying to redesign the galaxy s6 because the s5 was a flop.

HONDA= HTC: They pay more attention to details than Toyota. They also have lots of models but not like Toyota, same way HTC has fewer models than Samsung but their products are more premium. They try to emulate the Germans in speed and handling.

MERCEDES BENZ/BMW= IPHONE: one word, premium premium premium. They don't make cars for everyone, they make cars for the rich and those that appreciate luxury abs performance. Their products are quite pricey and normally owned by the rich.

CHINESE CARS (SSANYONG, FOTON, GEELY, ETC)= TECNO: Those Chinese cars come in different shapes and sizes and are very cheap.

You all are free to add yours.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
NemzySeries:

The only car with a Surname....hmmm I like dat men

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Know How Dangerous The Car Exhaust Is To Your Health? / The Rolls Royce At Keffi For The Coronation Of Shehu Chindo Yamusa / See How This Autonomous BMW 7 Series Can Scare Away Your Village People (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.