Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? (10649 Views)

Emir Sanusi Wants To Stop Poor Men From Marrying More Than One Wife / Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies / Does Our Generation Still Care About Marrying Virgins ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by EgusiSoup: 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
Boland:
Ofcourse we can...
Can't you?

I can marry only Berem.
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by Boland(m): 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
EgusiSoup:

I can marry only Berem.
Lol... Okay... I didnt know she's Igbo...
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by mifavour(f): 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
EgusiSoup:

How is this shit-ty? undecided

Btw my mum is Yoruba, her mum is Igbo, my grand dad is Hausa and my dad's nephew is British.

story of your life

1 Like

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
The greatest mistake is ethoreligious division. While I will continue to encourage everyone to maintain the sanity of their respective ethnic group, I find it appalling that ethnic group and tribe will become a factor in determining human-human relationship and marriage.

4 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by waternogetemeny: 1:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
The fact that a grown ass man on friday morning, regardless of the motive, even if to drive traffic, opens a thread as a yoruba man asking about women he labelled as igbo specifically is suspect and ethnocentric orientated.

This behaviour is tribalistic, aggressive and disrespectful to the igbo ethnic group. It is like an igbo person opens a thread about specifically yoruba women.

If Nigeria breaks up becos the yorubas where included much later into Nigeria, it will be an indictment on the capacity for co-existence of the black race.

The key to coexistence is mutual respect and i am waiting for the yorubas to demonstrate respect for other ethnic group they share Nigeria with becos we are not one homogeneous entity and will never be.

It is either Nigerians learn to respect their difference or Nigeria disintegrate as an indictment of the African entity being unworkable.

Note that Igbo women will never marry Yoruba men becos they have their Igbo men.

14 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by EgusiSoup: 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
waternogetemeny:
The fact that a grown ass man on friday morning, regardless of the motive, even if to drive traffic, opens a thread as a yoruba man asking about women he labelled as igbo specifically is suspect and ethnocentric orientated.

This behaviour is tribalistic, aggressive and disrespectful to the igbo ethnic group. It is like an igbo person opens a thread about specifically yoruba women.

If Nigeria breaks up becos the yorubas where included much later into Nigeria, it will be an indictment on the capacity for co-existence of the black race.

The key to coexistence is mutual respect and i am waiting for the yorubas to demonstrate respect for other ethnic group they share Nigeria with becos we are not one homogeneous entity and will never be.

It is either Nigerians learn to respect their difference or Nigeria disintegrate as an indictment of the African entity being unworkable.

English is a borrowed language.
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by EgusiSoup: 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
barcanista:
The greatest mistake is ethoreligious division. While I will continue to encourage everyone to maintain the sanity of their respective ethnic group, I find it appalling that ethnic group and tribe will become a factor in determining human-human relationship and marriage.

Lol grin

I wonder why Yorubas hate the Igbos with so much passion!

1 Like

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by docsholz(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
waternogetemeny:

what I hate more than a tribalist is an hypocritical bigot, you sir are a HYPOCRITE

5 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
When igbo ladies stop using there wedding ring for #Nairabet .

2 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by EgusiSoup: 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
docsholz:
what I hate more than a tribalist is an hypocritical bigot, you sir are a HYPOCRITE

Help me tell him.

Speaking too much English like we are from the Congo.
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by xxxoladevoxxx(m): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Today is Wednesday.

By the way, There's still racism in America, Britain etc and white get married to blacks on a daily..This is the 21st century, marriage should first be about 2 people becoming one and not 2 ethnic groups becoming one cos thats much harder to achieve. The OP simply asked a question but u rather gave ur own point of view of his questions.

2 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by size38: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
90% of young Igbo girls are commercial sex workers. Like here in ph, most of them are into the business. Though, sometimes I do patronise them when the need be.

5 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by iamrealdeji(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
rheether:
When the Yoruba women stop F**king other men outside marriage..
When Igbo women stop poisoning their yoruba husbands,no yoruba man wants to slump after eating ugwu and pounded yam

5 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by SirShymexx: 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
[s]When Igbo women stop looking like men; start learning how to act; stop growing beards; and stop having hairy teeth that makes a lot of them diabolical. grin[/s]

JkJkJk - just messing about - no pun intended.

Anyway, if the type of Igbo women available in naija, are like the ones who populate this forum - I defo can't blame Yoruba men for staying away from them. Ain't no one tryna wife up a nutter, after breaking the bank to pay a ridiculous bride price that looks like you're trying to buy a slave. grin

But I still got love the Igbo women from around my way. kiss

6 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by zubby29(m): 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
yes i am wats wrong wit dat
EgusiSoup:

You are an Igbo Man I presume.
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by SirShymexx: 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
Lest I forget, Igbo women are juicy as fvck. Me likey. grin

1 Like

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by EgusiSoup: 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
zubby29:
yes i am wats wrong wit dat

No wonder..

*continues eating amala**
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by zubby29(m): 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
u can eat ur amala till eternity.i dnt care
EgusiSoup:

No wonder..

*continues eating amala**

4 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by Rawani: 2:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hmm

1 Like

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
EgusiSoup:

Yes! We are not one.

Goto Anambra and see if you can understand the language they speak.
let make ourselves one then
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by vislabraye(m): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
rheether:
When the Yoruba women stop F**king other men outside marriage..

shocked. I no fit shout.

1 Like

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by EgusiSoup: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
zubby29:
u can eat ur amala till eternity.i dnt care

Igbotic=akuna
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by EgusiSoup: 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
prettydiva89:

let make ourselves one then

How?
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
If people don't talk about you, then you are not making progress, continue talking about Igbos why we continue making money and giving our children the best education. Igbo zurume eEe

7 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
EgusiSoup:

How?
you should change your thinking and see both Igbo, Hausa and your fellow Yoruba as your brother and sister

1 Like

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by SirShymexx: 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
SegunAdewole:
I do not blame Igbo parents for refusing to give their daughters hand in marriage to we yorubas. We yoruba need to inculcated good hygiene.
Sometimes we are lucky they accept to give us their Igbo daughters especially if both families are high class and rich. But it's been difficult to have an Igbo guy marry our Yoruba girls even when our bride prices are the cheapest. Igbo guys are too darn choosy. This is why i hate Igbo guys. They hardly marry our girls especially Anambra men.

Lol. I know you're an impostor, but this cracked me up. grin

However, can you explain the science behind why folks have to make the entire village rich, in the name of bride price, just to marry a muscular Igbo chic on natural steroids - with excessive hair to boot? - Ain't that a biitch? And is the extra money for the hair and excessive biceps and triceps? No pun intended - I just want to solve the mystery behind the act.

Anyway, this for ya post - gatts laugh in Chinese to that:

[img]http://asianliving.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/laughingChinese.gif[/img]

9 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by agarawu23(m): 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
eminikansoso:
I hailed from Oro in kwara state married a beautiful queen from Ekwulobia in Anambra state. We reside in Asaba Delta state
pics of ur wedding or .......
Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by EgusiSoup: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
SegunAdewole:
I do not blame Igbo parents for refusing to give their daughters hand in marriage to we yorubas. We yoruba need to inculcated good hygiene.
Sometimes we are lucky they accept to give us their Igbo daughters especially if both families are high class and rich. But it's been difficult to have an Igbo guy marry our Yoruba girls even when our bride prices are the cheapest. Igbo guys are too darn choosy. This is why i hate Igbo guys. They hardly marry our girls especially Anambra men.

Are you saying our girls are dirty?

3 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by EgusiSoup: 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
prettydiva89:

you should change your thinking and see both Igbo, Hausa and your fellow Yoruba as your brother and sister

Does the lion see the goat as his brother?
How is that possible?

1 Like

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by Kaellivi(m): 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
when Yoruba men start making enough money to afford igbo girls!

5 Likes

Re: When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? by ibedun: 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
I will not pay my future Igbo inlaw one red cent. I have been smaking that igbotic punany for years and some elderly Igbo mofo expects me to pay him dowry, dowry ko egunju ni.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is It Called Mother Tongue Instead Of Father Tongue / Chaii,, Otu Agugbuelem. / Yoruba Poem-ijala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.