Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List (13924 Views)

Nationwide Jubilation!!! Oshiomhole, Others, Named In New Ministerial List, As B / Henry & Charles Okah To Sue Jonathan / BREAKING: Portfolios Of New Ministerial Nominees Finally LEAKED!… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List by Vock(m): 9:04am On Feb 26, 2015
sunnyshayne:

If it's to address your foolishness, I will quote you a million times. Get lost.

okay I'm lost.. you happy now?
Re: Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List by IBBMAC: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2015
I THOUGHT THEY WOULD CALL FOR HIS DISQUALIFICATION. ~AMU ROBAS~
Re: Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List by Eluwilussit(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
sunnyshayne:

Resorting to civil litigation is the best thing to do rather than resorting to militancy, insurgency or any format of civil disobedience in order to be heard.

We Abuja indigenes are civil.

Thanks for not resorting to violence. I appreciate it. But don't force the hand of the FG. I hope you get what's due to you. No one should be marginalized. As long as you have qualified people, they should get involved. Goodluck with your pursuit.
Re: Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List by Eluwilussit(m): 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
sunnyshayne:
cool

Thank God you don't have a stake in deciding the manner our request will be treated. May I also inform you there was a time Nigeria areas depended on each other for mutual growth. Anyway you guys can sue lagos state to refund the money that was used to develop it while it was FCT.

Don't think that it is impossible to move the FCT from Abuja. Just like Lagos, our collective wealth has been sunk into Abuja. The military headed by northerners sunk our wealth into building that great city. Lagos was stripped of its status and lost its glory as FCT. Maybe you haven't been to the SS to know that they have been the most marginalized in the country. With their wealth, nigeria has developed most of their big cities and towns, whereas the SS has nothing to show for it.

Thank God I don't have the power to turn things around yet, because I will single-handedly revise the trend of injustice meted on the south by the North for decades. If appointments are all you need, then you don't have a problem. There are people who don't know that there's a government in Nigeria, not to talk of feeling it. If Abuja indigenes are appointed, they will be there for their personal pockets. Not for your interest. I will rather have the FCT than be appointed a minister.

You guys don't know what you have. "The kingdom of heaven has been brought to you on a platter of gold" and you are whining because of a mere ministerial appointment. If you like, fold your arms and be waiting for FG to spoon feed you, sooner than later, the Igbos will hustle and buy half of your place and then you start fighting them. FCT is a gold mine, so pick up your tools and go dig. There's more than enough to go round.
Re: Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List by ELBAND: 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
sunnyshayne:

Who is this one that will not think straight but be blinded with crumbs from pdp table? If really you were educated you won't had dragged pdp/apc feud into a clear well written post.
Bla bla bla! FOOL!
Re: Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List by ELBAND: 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
Bluetooth2:

You need to see a doctor asap
Bla bla bla. FOOL!
januzaj:
[s][/s]its high time you stopped reasoning with your an *s
Bla bla bla bla. FOOL
Re: Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Don't think that it is impossible to move the FCT from Abuja. Just like Lagos, our collective wealth has been sunk into Abuja. The military headed by northerners sunk our wealth into building that great city. Lagos was stripped of its status and lost its glory as FCT. Maybe you haven't been to the SS to know that they have been the most marginalized in the country. With their wealth, nigeria has developed most of their big cities and towns, whereas the SS has nothing to show for it.

Thank God I don't have the power to turn things around yet, because I will single-handedly revise the trend of injustice meted on the south by the North for decades. If appointments are all you need, then you don't have a problem. There are people who don't know that there's a government in Nigeria, not to talk of feeling it. If Abuja indigenes are appointed, they will be there for their personal pockets. Not for your interest. I will rather have the FCT than be appointed a minister.

You guys don't know what you have. "The kingdom of heaven has been brought to you on a platter of gold" and you are whining because of a mere ministerial appointment. If you like, fold your arms and be waiting for FG to spoon feed you, sooner than later, the Igbos will hustle and buy half of your place and then you start fighting them. FCT is a gold mine, so pick up your tools and go dig. There's more than enough to go round.

When one reads your post, he will be tempted to think the ss is not the cause of its problem. Where else do people marginalise themselves like the ss for their personal gain? Even in this so called fct are there no people and places where government attention is needed?

If the ss was host to the fct, you guys will still wreck. Allow the people of Abuja to demand for whatever they feel they want as far as your own will not be collected to give us.
Re: Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List by Eluwilussit(m): 6:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
sunnyshayne:

When one reads your post, he will be tempted to think the ss is not the cause of its problem. Where else do people marginalise themselves like the ss for their personal gain? Even in this so called fct are there no people and places where government attention is needed?

If the ss was host to the fct, you guys will still wreck. Allow the people of Abuja to demand for whatever they feel they want as far as your own will not be collected to give us.

Sorry bro, I am not from the SS. I happen to live there and I am widely travelled. So I know who is marginalized and who is not. If you can accuse the SS of self-sabotage, what makes you think that you can't accuse the indigenes of FCT of same?

Unfortunately, jonathan has not done anything tangible for SS people. Those who know the history of SS militancy will tell you that it didn't start as a violent group. It was a pressure group. Government after government refused to listen. IBB was busy pumping the oil money into Abuja, at the detriment of the Niger Delta. If you have been to the creeks, you wouldn't be complaining. It is easy to accuse their leaders, but you quickly forget what happened to the few people who stood their grounds. You ever heard of Kenule Saro Wiwa and compatriots?

There has been no tangible government presence in the South. Everything that has worth, is in the North and a few in the West. The military vagabonds even managed to hoodwink nigerians into moving the FCT to Abuja, under the pretence that it is central. Really? Have you ever seen where the capitals of USA and Canada are located? The reason the distance matters in Nigeria, is because everything of note is located in the FCT, thereby attracting tremendous opportunities and development.

I am not saying that Abuja indigenes should be marginalized but they should not hold us to ransome through quota. This was how we arrived at two different standards for admission into the NDA in the 50s and 60s. Tarka said so, that the northern soldiers entered with mere letters from known authorities while southerners had to meet all necessary criteria. We can't build a nation on inequality.

If all you want is ministerial appointments, then let's relocate the FCT to SS or SE, then you will appreciate the effort some people have to put in just to get close to the government.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom / Edo APGA Executives Defect To APC / Authentic ANN Presidential Primaries Happening Live In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.