Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (316271 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:18am On May 24, 2015
As much as update is 70%(2 out of 3) ready, the issue of fuel scarcity and total blackout in the power sector has been a major hindrance since thursday/friday.
Hopefully, I will update later in the evening, but if I dnt, no vex. You can only vex if after giving me a 25liter keg of diesel, petrol or whatever, I still dnt update.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 7:30am On May 24, 2015
Hmmmm ok oo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Aztezee(m): 9:45am On May 24, 2015
Ok bros.....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Aztezee(m): 5:20pm On May 24, 2015
Any1 seen techno4life of recent.bros where u dey.abi itel,nokia bontel and co. don colet work 4 ur hand ni?.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 8:27pm On May 24, 2015
Aztezee:
Any1 seen techno4life of recent.bros where u dey.abi itel,nokia bontel and co. don colet work 4 ur hand ni?.
Like seriously, it has been ages since i saw him last, i‘m kinda missing him.
I hope he hasn‘t expired o
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:19am On May 25, 2015
--continuation--
"Of course you are my only child, did you grow up with any other person? You have no brother, neither a sister. The only sister you grew up with is Kimberly, since fifth grade. While you were still sneaking pastes to school." Grace explained.
"Mum, that doesn't explain my question. I didn't ask if I grew up with a sister, my question is, I have a sister somewhere, where is she?" Mark replied.
"And I told you there is none anywhere, do you want me to lie when initially, there is none?" Grace asked.
"Its a pity I forgot all that ever happened to me as a kid. I think relocating to America kind of refreshed my memories and I lot vital information about myself. But one thing you can't erase is the fact that I am a former Vice presiden't son and he has friends accross all political, religious and ethnic divide. I was at a certain General Tukur's residence. Tukur served as Edo state millitary governor when dad was vice president. A family picture of ours was in his living room. Mum, I saw you, I saw myself and I saw a man in millitary uniform who looked like me. Then there is a little girl, who is she?"
"Am done with this conversation." Grace said before hanging up.
Mark stared at his phone with mixed feeling, he was angry and at the same time feeling the urge to laugh. Angry because his mother was not telling him the truth and laughing bacause he knew his mother could not hide the truth for long.
-----------
Chris stepped out of his room dressed in a white t-sirt and a white shorts, a white tennis shoe adorned his feet. He held a face cap in hand as he approached his mother who was obiviously lost in thoughts.
"Hey mum!" He called for the upteenth time.
Tina snapped out of her day dream.
"Hey sweetheart, where to?" She asked once she noticed his unusual dressing.
"I have an outing with Uncle Mayor. The golf club." he replied excitedly.
"Oh! The day is sunday." She said absentmindedly. "But your supposed outing wasn't until four o'clock. And its just two, so why the rush?" she asked.
"Mum, its been a while I last saw Uncle Mayor. We have a lot of catching up to do and moreso, the ticket says 4pm, meaning we should be there before four." Chris explained.
"But what if your uncle isn't home? You know he is not always home."
"Mum, don't discourage me. Call him and ask if he is home." Chris replied.
"And now that you are dressed already, if he isn't home what will you do?" Tina asked as she searched for her brother's number.
"I'll go anyways. There is this girl, his neighbour's daughter. I'll hang out with her till he returns." Chris explained innocently, but looking at his mother's face. "No... Mum... No no no... We only hange out, like talk, read novels. She loves reading. We get to talk about school too."
"What's her name?" Tina asked.
"As you can see I don't know her name." Chris lied.
"You know, I was actually going to talk to you about girls and all that. When you return, we'll talk." Tina said.
"Mum! You seriously want to teach me how to behave around girls or is it s.ex education they call it?"
"See you later darling." Tina said.
"Yeah. You ended up not calling Uncle Mayor, but I was just going to hang out with Sandra. She is even from Ogun state." Chris replied.
"Nice name. But you said you don't know her name."
"Yeah. The first time I saw her, I didn't know her name. She later told me." Chris replied before running out of the house.
A smile was spread accross Tina's face as she imagined a life without his handsome son who was gradually growing into a man. "Life is going to be unbearable without Chris." She thought.
"But, life would be more worth it and we would be a happy family if his father were to be with us." She smiled.

--to be continued--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by drtwist(m): 8:28am On May 25, 2015
Hmmmm d9ty7 ur update is not encouraging o, we have waited for plenty days look at the short thing you finally updated
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 8:31am On May 25, 2015
Obi is fast becomin a man for chris' mind. #smile
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 8:33am On May 25, 2015
drtwist:
Hmmmm d9ty7 ur update is not encouraging o, we have waited for plenty days look at the short thing you finally updated

patience na, he ll drop two more i believe
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Aztezee(m): 9:12am On May 25, 2015
drtwist:
you can help him by just givin 25ltrs of petrol/diesel,the he will give us 10 updates.bros dee carry go.techno wey u dey naw?.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by drtwist(m): 9:23am On May 25, 2015
Aztezee:
you can help him by just givin 25ltrs of petrol/diesel,the he will give us 10 updates.bros dee carry go.techno wey u dey naw?.
lol ok baba dee sorry o, just that you have been stingy this day with your update. I know you to be the best unlike others
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:29am On May 25, 2015
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:10am On May 25, 2015
--continuation--
Grace sat on the couch with a lost look on her face as she was immersed deeply in her own thoughts. The question her son asked her moments ago on phone was causing a great turmoil in her head.
"This is why I was against him going to that goddamn country. I knew he was gonna find out about his roots and probably reunite with his father's family and with their diabolism turn him against me." She thought.
Even though she knew she had made some mistakes in the past, she knew it was for the best, but speaking with no holds barred, she doesn't belong in the category of mothers. A mother who was comfortable with getting her husband killed, up to the point that she was very happy to run out of the country with one of her two children and for thirty years, she forgot about the daughter she left in Nigeria.
"I am a failure." She said to herself angrily as she with her leg drove the flower vase on the centre table to the floor and it came crashing.
The noise must have caught the attention of the next doo neighbour who in ten seconds was at the front door.
"Ms Grace, are you okay?" He asked.
"Am okay Mr Pearson. Just a slip and the vase broke." She replied.
"I just got some new china vases. I could give you one." He bellowed.
"That would be nice of you Mr Pearson." She replied. She was begining to get irritated.
"I just made some pumpkin juice and non-milk coffee, do you mind joining me for a glass or more?"
"I'll be there in a minute. My regards to Amelia and Michel." She replied referring to his wife and daughter.
FLASHBACK: MARCH 1984
A black millitary volkswagen drove into the Ijebu Ode market, Ogun state. Two women, a fifty year old elderly woman and a twenty nine year old young lady who was the direct younger version of the elderly woman.
"Maaami, kini e ti pe oruko woman ti a fe lo ba yen na?" (*Mum, what did you call the name of the woman we are supposed to meet) A younger Grace asked.
"Iya Labake ni oruko ti gbogbo eniyan ma n pe." (Labake's mum is what everyone calls her) Her mother replied.
"Okay, so, omo odun melo ni omo ti an soro e?" (So, like how old is the girl in question) Grace asked.
"Twelve years."
¤THREE HOURS LATER¤
It was all about emotions and cries as a twelve year old girl dropped her box of belongings into the booth of the waiting millitary car. Three elderly women stood at the entrance of the house in front of which the car was parked.
"Mummy Grace, oju mi di oju e o. Nnkan o gbodo se omo mi o." (Mummy Grace, I commit myself unto you. Nothing must happed to my daughter) One of the three women, the one with teary eyes said.
"Fi okan ara e bale. Omo o fe lo gadun ni bi ti o n lo ni. Olurun seun, aburo ni o je si Grace, ba wo ni egbon se fe fi iya je aburo?" (Let your mind be at peace. Your daughter is relocating to where she will enjoy. Thank God, she is like a younger sister to Grace, how would an elder sister maltreat her younger sister?)" Grace mother explained with assurance.
"Okay, motigbo o." (Okay, I have heard you)
And thirty minutes later, the volkswagen drove out of the compound which was located at the far end of the Ijebu Ode market. With a twelve year old Labake seated in front with the soldier behind the wheel and Grace at the backseat with her mother.
"Labake, emi o ni pe ni Labake o. Sisi ni ma ma pe o, tori iwo na ti fe di sisi." (Labake, I won't call you Labake. I will call you Sisi because you are gradually growing into a (sisi)young lady) Grace said and everyone bursted into laughter.
"Wobi, Labake, Ile ni o ti kuro, Ile na ni o n lo. Odo Aunty e na ni o n lo. Ko de kin se wipe o fe lo ma se omo odo. Wa kan ma assist e ninu ise Ile, wa de ma ba gbe omo e." (Look here Labake, you are moving from home to home. You are going to you sister's house and its not like you'll be treated like an house help. All you will be doing is assist her in household chores and in case she is busy, you help her carry her baby) Grace mother explained to the young girl.
"Barracks de ni a n gbe, so, lo mo lokan ara e wipe, ojoojumo ni wa ma ri soldier. Ma beru, soldier o kin na yan anyhow." (And we live in the barracks, therefore, have it at the back of your mind that it is everyday you'll see soldiers. But, don't be afraid, soldiers don't beat anyhow) Grace explained to the girl.
And that was how Labake(Sisi) travelled into the City of Abeokuta with Grace and she offered a whole lot of assistance to Grace, a nursing mother. While Grace catered for Labake's family back in Ijebu Ode. But tragedy stucked one year later as Labake lost her mother, her only surviving parent. Shortly afterwards, Mark Anthony was transferred to Enugu and that was how Labake said goodbye to the state where she was born into. Things changed after a year as Grace turned Labake into a full time maid.
But despite this, Grace didn't stop treating her like her own daughter, only that the chores she now performed in the house has trippled what she was doing when she first arrived two years ago.

"I need to find Sisi. She is the only one who could help me find my daughter." Grace thought.
"Travelling to Nigeria is the only way you could see her." A voice in her subconscious said.
"You can't go to Nigeria. Your going to Nigeria means you will go to Ijebu Ode where Sisi's family house is, but remember, Mark Anthony was from Ijebu Ode too, meaning you could run into any of his family members." Another voice adviced.
"Its thirty years already, no one would recognise anybody." The first voice said.
"Then there is no way she would recognise Sisi." The second voice replied and gave a mocking laughter as a sign of winning the debate.
"Will you two shut up." She screamed inwardly as she dragged herself up and made for the bar.

--tbc--

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:17am On May 25, 2015
--continuation--
Christopher's favourite Iggy Azaela's songs were being played on the car radio as Mayor drove towards the Ikeja golf club. The duo dressed in an all white attire, down to their shoes. Th only difference being that Mayor was without a face cap and while his nephew had shorts on, he was dressed in a white trouser.
"Is this you first time going to the golf club?" Mayor asked.
"Yes." Chris replied. "But this isn't my first tine playing golf. There is this mini golf game in my school. I was the champion last year."
"Which means you have an idea of the game, isn't it?" Mayor asked.
"I know all about the game, the swinging, the cutting." Chris replied sharply.
Mayor shook his head astonishment as he thanked God within for giving his elder sister, a genius as a son. Even though he had once suggested that they take Chris for a mensa test to know where his IQ was ranked, but any form of publicity around her son, Christina hated it.
"Are we going to be the only one using the pitch?" Chris asked moments later.
"No o." Mayor replied. "You know, its a club. Like an association of golfers. I am a member and that's my membership card." He pointed to a colourful card on the car's dashboard.
He continued. "So, on sundays like this, the club has specially been reserved for the club members."
"Okay, how can I join?" Chris asked.
"There is a kiddies club, but I doubt if your mum would ever allow you go to the club on your own." Mayor replied and Chris kept quiet for the rest of the journey. Talk about a kill-joy or a fun killer, his mother was one.
------------------------------------------
There can be no better reunion than when the Chairman of the Ikeja golf club and the second richest man in Africa decided to have a few hours out with his family. Which explained the reason why Chief Olukolade took the centre stage on the turf while he was flanked by his son-in-law and Managing director of his company, Daniel Martin and the Financial manager of the company who was also Daniel's best friend Jimmy Johnson. Seated on the spectator's stand was Chief Mrs Rebbeccah Olukolade, her daughter who was married to Daniel Martins, Adeola Okukolade-Martins and one of the company's secretary, Magaret, who was Jimmy's date.
The entirety of the largest golf course was empty save for the six individuals present, led by two powerful men in the world of business in Nigeria. On Chief Olukolade's orders, no spectator was allowed in the turf which explained the powers that the man wields.
"That was a huge start point there Jimmy. You sure know how to kill a game from the start." Chief Olukolade commended his employee.
"Its always a pleasure sir." Jimmy replied.
"Danny boy, are you loosing from the start again this time?" Chief Olukolade asked his son-in-law as he bursted into laughter to be joined by Jimmy.
In the game of golf, Daniel was the worst player and he was the most laughed at.
A noise caught Chief Olukolade's attention and as rightly guessed, it was an arguement between a young man who had a cute teenager beside him and the guards.
"Hey guards, let him in." Chief Olukolade instructed the guards who subsequently allowed the man into the course.
"Good evening sir." Mayor greeted.
"Good evening Champion. I never knew it was you. I booked the course for today. As you can see, its a full house."
"I didn't know you would be here today. My nephew is actually the one who needs to see how the game is played." Mayor explained.
"Its good then, he can sit with the women over there and watch the men play first." Chief Olukolade said to Chris who calmly walked over to the stands.
"Hello Chris." Jimmy said.
"Hey! Uncle Jimmy, its good to see you." Chris replied excitedly as he climbed the stairs upwards to where the three women were seated.
"That's my son. Hiya!" Daniel whispered excitedly to Jimmy as he threw his fist into the air.
"Good evening ma." Chris greeted the three women, but his eyes was set on the elderly Mrs Olukolade.
Adeola hissed angrily. Her worst nightmare has come to haunt her.
As Mayor exchanged pleasantries with the two young men flanking Chief Olukolade, he knew instantly that bringing Chris to the club was a bad idea.
"I hope Tina forgives me." He thought.

--tbc--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:18am On May 25, 2015
drtwist:
Guy, walahi, am disappointed. Except you live outside Nigeria. We are all aware of the fuel scarcity and the crippling power sector and just yesterday, I said I was gonna drop three updates as soon as I get to charge my device and this morning, despite the fact that I am not in my comfort zone, what I did was plug my phone, finish the last update and I dropped one after wich my phone went off. I had to let it charge before I could do anything with it.
Unless you will gve me fuel, you are not justified to complain.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:21am On May 25, 2015
Hey guy! Blame the Nigerian government and the oil marketers. That will be all for today.
Enjoy the rest of the day.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 10:48am On May 25, 2015
u tried
tnx for d update
D9ty7:
Hey guy! Blame the Nigerian government and the oil marketers. That will be all for today.
Enjoy the rest of the day.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by drtwist(m): 10:56am On May 25, 2015
D9ty7:

Guy, walahi, am disappointed. Except you live outside Nigeria. We are all aware of the fuel scarcity and the crippling power sector and just yesterday, I said I was gonna drop three updates as soon as I get to charge my device and this morning, despite the fact that I am not in my comfort zone, what I did was plug my phone, finish the last update and I dropped one after wich my phone went off. I had to let it charge before I could do anything with it.
Unless you will gve me fuel, you are not justified to complain.
but boss i have already apologies na, is it bad for your fans/ follower to miss you and complain.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2015
drtwist:
but boss i have already apologies na, is it bad for your to miss you and complain.
You can only complain if my not updating is intentional
Had no idea you apologised, even if I knew, I'll still pour out my mind
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 11:08am On May 25, 2015
Adeola should nt transfer his frustration on chris. because chris is no near d source or cause of her predicament.
Dee, weldone.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by drtwist(m): 11:23am On May 25, 2015
D9ty7:

You can only complain if my not updating is intentional
Had no idea you apologised, even if I knew, I'll still pour out my mind
boss finally shall you good. I use okere juju beg you to update. Dont always read negative to followers quote
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 11:51am On May 25, 2015
And d past came calling...
Grace...... go and find ur daughter ooh lets see who she is
Daniel.....behave ursef ooh, dont get excited cos cant have Chris ooh
Adeola...u cant help it buh to kill urself
D9ty7...what more can I say than thank u for d update. More ink to ur biro
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by lauda(f): 1:44pm On May 25, 2015
Wow! Things are beginning to unveil! Thanks Dee for updating! still following. ..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ElectGINeer(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2015
What I can only say is wow
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Aztezee(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2015
Adeola u dey vex ni,na person say make u no fit born pikin...u no fit do chris anytin o. no even tink am.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 6:48pm On May 25, 2015
BLOODY REUNION !
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 25, 2015
Omo! this is serious Gobe o! I don't even know wat to say sef, Adeola u better don't kill urself, Chris no send u msg o.

Dee, thank you very much for the updates, You really tried. Don't worry, i will transfer like 35 litres of fuel to you on whatsapp.

* Kisses*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 7:13pm On May 25, 2015
oga Dee tanx jae u tried..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Aztezee(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2015
adeh39:
Omo! this is serious Gobe o! I don't even know wat to say sef, Adeola u better don't kill urself, Chris no send u msg o.
Dee, thank you very much for the updates, You really tried. Don't worry, i will transfer like 35 litres of fuel to you on whatsapp.
* Kisses*
no 4get me 2 at least 5 ltrs no 2 small.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 25, 2015
Aztezee:
no 4get me 2 at least 5 ltrs no 2 small.

Oya....... Put on your Bluetooth or flashshare
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kenwins(f): 10:10pm On May 25, 2015
Hello D9ty7, i really love it when i can relate with the locations in a story just as i did wit davidfl.o's story titled "te devil who loved me". By the way, which of te ijebu ode market? New market or oke aje?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by FuroGintle(m): 6:51pm On May 26, 2015
Wonderful updates...... Adeola beta nt do anytin funny...... Dee welldone

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.