Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments (30463 Views)

Blessing Okagbare Meets Mike Tyson (Photos) / “I Was Wrong” – Chris Brown Owns Up To Tyson Beckford Beef [SEE TWEETS] / Tyson Beckford Grabs His Junk In New Instagram Selfie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
Beckford is very discouraging by nature.Jeez! The Nigerian has no chance for being a look alike model at 5.9 ft. Maybe he might get there by sucking bosses c o c ks! angry lipsrsealed
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by AndrewParker11: 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
Do you desire to be rich, famous, powerful in life or have you been looking for an opportunity to be a member of the great BROTHERHOOD Illuminati or are you a business man or woman and you want your business to move to the top or are you a pastor an artist or are you tired of poverty and you want instant wealth. Here is the best place for you to be and experience a total turn around in your life be warn you must be 18 years and above!!!

You can contact US via EMAIL ADDRESS: illuminatichurchofsatan66@gmail.com or call this mobile line +2348058260257 to be a member of the great Illuminati.

YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE GREAT BROTHERHOOD TEMPLE OF THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BUT BE WARNED.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by SirShymexx: 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
50calibre:

Lol the fashion industry is one of the hardest to break into. The odds are stacked up against that guy, so it might just be an illusion but never say never.

I've seen some funny looking guys & girls doing it big time. They call Tyson Beckford the only black male supermodel lol it's funny because I could go out to oxford street on a weekend & pick out 10 black dudes who are taller, more chiseled & better looking than Tyson Beckford.

Same applies to the women, Naomi Campbell's selling point was her slim body, long legs & the bad girl look... her face is just aiite, same goes for Alex wek, Kate Moss, Gisele Bundchen.

The standard is obviously higher now though, unlike the days of Tyson, its going to take a rare & incredible look or connections to break in.

Err, not saying the guy should give up his dreams of trying to be the next man, when he doesn't even have what it takes. Alas MLK also had a dream that became a nightmare. I just don't think there's nothing wrong in what the character (Tyson Beckford or not) told him. That industry is too competitive - and only few make it there. And when you're black, the odds are stacked against you. So, you've to bring something unique (he isn't unique - ol'boy is trying to be like someone else) to the table, even if you have what it takes (something he doesn't have). Check Naomi Campbell's interview on Breakfast club - she spoke extensively about the industry.

There are a few black supermodels out there killing it, but Tyson Beckford is the don. Ditto Naomi Campbell and how she forever owned the runway. Both have a lot of intangibles most folks don't have - and they're also of Jamaican descent. I guess it comes with the craziness JA folks innately have lool. I'd say Kevin McCall looks more a younger Tyson Beckford and he's tall as well. But ever wondered why he isn't even signed to one serious modeling agency, despite getting with supermodel Eva Pigford, and having a baby with her? - it's cos Tyson owned that lane already and there can never be another Tyson Beckford.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by SirShymexx: 12:10am On Feb 26, 2015
Badgers14:

Regardless, he shouldnt kill that guys dream just like that, me thinks that was too "HARSH", he could have said that in a more nicer way. and again, there is not yard stick in terms of height, I have seeing male models that are 5'5, it depends what they are modelling for, the company, the product, .......

Lmao @ the bold. On the runway where? Nigeria, or midget fashion show?

It's good to dream big, but time is money, don't waste ya time on something almost impossible.

Most of the successful models never dreamed about it, they were discovered on the road by people. Tyson Beckford, Naomi Campbell, Djimon Hounsou, David Agbodji etc.. Heck, even Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was discovered on the street for the little modeling gig he had before venturing into acting. If anyone hasn't discovered ol'boy yet, he needs to stick to his day job. Someone should have discovered him by now if he has what it takes.

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by tpiar: 12:30am On Feb 26, 2015
what's his name?

moniker is different from name, if you are serious about wanting to be a model, I'd have thought step #1 is use your name.

How do we know he's from Nigeria because I personally cant place the face. The person standing with him sef, cant place them either.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Homguy(m): 12:33am On Feb 26, 2015
slimzypink:
he is actually short , I am even taler than him, but he could be a photo model, he shud come apply to my agency, I myt groom him undecided
see your mouth! are you sure you are taller? short girls are always claiming tall where no one can verify.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 26, 2015
I thought u guys always said women were their own enemies. But See a full grown man pulling down another! Ewoo!

But oloshi ni bobo beckford yi sha! He's such an asshole.. Impressive that d9gerianking never lost his cool.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 26, 2015
countsparrow:
Yeah... Dat was so unruly from Tyson... Guys be pulling guyz down since romans started wearing gladiators...

At least in a way people now know him...

Hmmm, Tell me more, where did they wear the Gladaitors, their hands, their feet... oh i get it!!!

They wore Gladiators in their crotches!! grin grin
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Sparkle777(f): 12:51am On Feb 26, 2015
cheesy. Wat was the guy expecting? Esp in the fashion industry. An open arms welcome? undecided
Abeggi, if it was easy to allow anyone in ur tuff, gej would hav just pitied gmb and given him the presidential seat cheesy.
Welcom to the world.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Badgers14: 12:52am On Feb 26, 2015
SirShymexx:

It's good to dream big, but time is money, don't waste ya time on something almost impossible.

Most of the successful models never dreamed about it, they were discovered on the road by people. Tyson Beckford, Naomi Campbell, Djimon Hounsou, David Agbodji etc.. Heck, even Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was discovered on the street for the little modeling gig he had before venturing into acting. If anyone hasn't discovered ol'boy yet, he needs to stick to his day job. Someone should have discovered him by now if he has what it takes.

Bro shun your knowledge of the modeling business.
The point I was trying to make is 1. Beckford was Harsh on his response, he could have replied in a nicer way and finally destiny is different remember Ben Carson, he was a poor student in high school, very bad in chemistry but yet he finally turned out to be the best Neurosurgeon.
And yes, I have seen a male model who is 5'5 , and again, it depends on so many factors, like who the person in question , his connection to the business, his god father, the company signing him, their brands and the list goes on my friend.
And again, Beckford could have said that in a nicer way.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by tpiar: 1:02am On Feb 26, 2015
it depends on so many factors, like who the person in question , his connection to the business, his god father, the company signing him, their brands and the list goes on

true.

and yes, Beckford could have been nicer but, its showbiz.

besides, the other guy should perhaps build his own brand, not a doppleganger one.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by SirShymexx: 1:10am On Feb 26, 2015
Badgers14:

Bro shun your knowledge of the modeling business.
The point I was trying to make is 1. Beckford was Harsh on his response, he could have replied in a nicer way and finally destiny is different remember Ben Carson, he was a poor student in high school, very bad in chemistry but yet he finally turned out to be the best Neurosurgeon.
And yes, I have seen a male model who is 5'5 , and again, it depends on so many factors, like who the person in question , his connection to the business, his god father, the company signing him, their brands and the list goes on my friend.
And again, Beckford could have said that in a nicer way.

I just checked the twitter profile now, and it's Tyson Beckford. Hey, the guy is down to earth and being real. Yes, he might come across as condescending but if you were in his shoes and you get gazillion of folks troubling you all time about modeling - you'll probably do the same. Esp. when the person is claiming to be a bootleg version of you, without what it takes. Dismissive or not, that's how the game goes. Ol'boy doesn't even look like Tyson Beckford, to start with lol.

Where did you see the 5'5 runway male model? And what connection has this guy got in an industry dominated by mostly by upperclass white racists, and a standard that's 99.9% Caucasian? He failed the first requirement by being 5'9.

Anyway, there are a few male models of naija descent out there killing the fashion industry with great potentials - you lot can support them. This nyggah ain't gonna make it. grin Check out: David Agbodji, TY Ogunkoya, and Remi Alade-Chester.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by DonaldGenes(m): 1:34am On Feb 26, 2015
slimzypink:
he is actually short , I am even taler than him, but he could be a photo model, he shud come apply to my agency, I myt groom him undecided

Don't groom me but bride me please
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Aida13: 2:11am On Feb 26, 2015
I can't believe Tyson Beckford is so mean at heart.. Does he feel insulted to be compared to a guy like d9gerianking? I mean come on they DO look alike grin

Lost a ton of respect for Tyson Becks.. No matter what he should inspire other black men and women no matter their shortcomings grin emphasis on 'short' in d9gerianking's case.... Lmaoo
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by kay29000(m): 2:23am On Feb 26, 2015
Are you guys sure that is actually Tyson Beckford's account or a clone account? I just don't think the dude would have time to be commenting on an unknown person's post like that.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by centjamie(m): 2:44am On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

For an aspiring SUPERMODEL? He is short and It is going to really tough for him.

Oh! I don't think he is got the whole package, the guy is oblybdeivibg himself with his looks

No! I dnt agree with you.if he works hard undeterred,he will achieve his goal.5ft9 aint bad at all(not the best height though,but he can spring suprises)
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by 50calibre(m): 3:05am On Feb 26, 2015
SirShymexx:

Err, not saying the guy should give up his dreams of trying to be the next man, when he doesn't even have what it takes. Alas MLK also had a dream that became a nightmare. I just don't think there's nothing wrong in what the character (Tyson Beckford or not) told him. That industry is too competitive - and only few make it there. And when you're black, the odds are stacked against you. So, you've to bring something unique (he isn't unique - ol'boy is trying to be like someone else) to the table, even if you have what it takes (something he doesn't have). Check Naomi Campbell's interview on Breakfast club - she spoke extensively about the industry.

There are a few black supermodels out there killing it, but Tyson Beckford is the don. Ditto Naomi Campbell and how she forever owned the runway. Both have a lot of intangibles most folks don't have - and they're also of Jamaican descent. I guess it comes with the craziness JA folks innately have lool. I'd say Kevin McCall looks more a younger Tyson Beckford and he's tall as well. But ever wondered why he isn't even signed to one serious modeling agency, despite getting with supermodel Eva Pigford, and having a baby with her? - it's cos Tyson owned that lane already and there can never be another Tyson Beckford.

Trying to ride to fame on the back of someone's name is not a good idea for many reasons.. I really don't know how the male modelling industry works, but I swear if a younger looking version of Noami Campbell popped up tomorrow, she'd be a hit.

This is the first time I'm hearing of Kevin McCall, one could bet he's Tyson Beckford's lost brother however I see he's a singer, how many singers take modelling serious, this is just like Tyrese Gibson.

True as whatever he's saying may be, I feel he should have let that guy down easy, that's a fan for God's sake, there's nothing wrong in showing appreciation while conveying the necessary message. Well I don't know what kind of person he is, but I don't think I can be that blunt & hard on someone who placed me on a pedestal.

Apparently he has a habit of attacking aspiring models.. See this link I found

http://madamenoire.com/514352/stilltheonlyblackmalesupermodel-tyson-beckford-criticized-throwing-shade-americas-next-top-model-winner-keith-carlos/
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Nobody: 3:11am On Feb 26, 2015
I blame the Nigerian dude for sucking up to him. Only if he knew how much black Americans hate on Africans. Except the celebrities tho'.
I guess he gained some publicity from that.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 26, 2015
SirShymexx:

His 5'9" stature won't get him any favors. If the Naija guy was a lady, his odds would have been better.
I think the minimum height for female runway models is 5'6", it could be taller
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by bettingbad(m): 3:25am On Feb 26, 2015
slimzypink:

Groom wetin?! You yourself na u need grooming pass, see ur pic na, u be like Eyo masquerade.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 26, 2015
bettingbad:

Groom wetin?! You yourself na u need grooming pass, see ur pic na, u be like Eyo masquerade.
See your Bad mouth. grin
You should understand the grooming she meant nau. cheesy
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by tpiar: 3:32am On Feb 26, 2015
how is there only one black male supermodel though?

where are the others?

http://madamenoire.com/286357/15-of-the-hottest-black-male-models-working-today/
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by countsparrow: 5:19am On Feb 26, 2015
Ravenwolf:

Hmmm, Tell me more, where did they wear the Gladaitors, their hands, their feet... oh i get it!!!

They wore Gladiators in their crotches!! grin grin

Gladiator is dat funny sandals they wear, our gals wear dem now...
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by zudozz: 7:15am On Feb 26, 2015
every 9ja boi now wan be musician or model. jamb them no fit pass. no be people go be engr n dr n even machanics. all of una wan come out 4 tv....una never halla.

3 Likes

Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by iykedare(m): 7:42am On Feb 26, 2015
I'm sexier than those two.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by tartar9(m): 8:00am On Feb 26, 2015
this one everyone is turning model.he was telling the truth make him die of frustration later.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by stayblack: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2015
WHY OTHER PEOPLE NOR GO INSULT THIS RAM, WHEN U NOR BELIVE UR SELF.
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 26, 2015
centjamie:

No! I dnt agree with you.if he works hard undeterred,he will achieve his goal.5ft9 aint bad at all(not the best height though,but he can spring suprises)

Nope, 5'9 is bad for a lookalike with no distinguishing feature. The guy is just there
Re: Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments by Guyman02: 9:10am On Feb 26, 2015
Badgers14:
The Beckford guy was probably concerned he might loose some endorsments because the other guy kinda look like him. he could be a cheaper alternative for corporations.

Yeah! The Chinese version of him. Many companies will use him and pay little and only a few observant people will know the difference. An Obama lookalike from Indonesia has been making money by appearing like Obama in adverts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Rap Legends Can You Identify In This Drawing? / ''Kemi Olunloyo Is Unable To Meet Bail Conditions, Still In Prison'' - Eie Group / 'I Dare Not Troll Tonto Dikeh': AY Tells His Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.