Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

STIs: The Facts You Need To Know - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / STIs: The Facts You Need To Know (23854 Views)

12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy / Three UK Students Invent A Condom That Glows In The Dark Around Stis / The Facts About Condoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Smartresult(f): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2015
#noTOsex
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by VickyRotex(f): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2015
martcarl:
His mother prefers to help outsiders get job while he is still not having any job...please advice him

His mother or your mother?

Besides, create a thread for that biko
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Akinz0126(m): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2015
diluminati:
I dont like reading any std's or hiv news. Dont spoil my sex mood!
Hmmmm abstinence is never too late, can't you just activate precaution mode? grin
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by amclaire(f): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2015
So helPful.
Thanks for the info
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Akalia(m): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Wait a second, did I read it correct 'it is almost impossible to contract HIV through vaginal sex'? Shed more light on this man.
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 05, 2015
so does proves masturbation claims right or should one not have sex anymore since even condoms now offer almost zero protections
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Firstinline(m): 10:05am On Mar 05, 2015
So it is almost impossible for a man to get HIV from a woman through vaginal sex.

Can any professional pls confirm this.

make i know the move i go take abeg.
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by kandiikane(m): 10:19am On Mar 05, 2015
People need to really use condoms, hpv is the most common, imagine, just 4 partners? It might not seem bad as the immune system gets rid of it in majority of cases within two years but imagine having to deal with warts(low risk strains) constantly, even if you have the opportunity to get rid of the warts, the possibility of it coming back is very high. It can be with you for life.

Imagine having to worry about having cancer one day(these are for the high risk strains) or someone dying of cancer not realising it is because of all those blokos she has allowed to enter without raincoats. It will be a case of "had she known." Now you know.
Condoms people! It might not protect you a 100 percent but it's worth using.

2 Likes

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by KAYD007(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2015
This is not funny angry i need to go cut off my peniiss angry
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by tete7000(m): 10:30am On Mar 05, 2015
The peace the world cannot give, I give. - Jesus Christ. What does it profit a man(/woman) to sleep around and then lose his life? Jesus calls today to save you from all STI and their attendant repercussion.

2 Likes

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 05, 2015
Op u said HIV cannot b contacted via vaginal sex? U JUST LIED!!!!!
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by joseph1832(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2015
onegig:

Credits:
1.Centre for disease control(CDC)
http://m.cdc.gov/enHealthSafetyTopics/DiseasesConditions/STDs/

2. http://markmanson.net/std-guide

As for RAW scores, that's the average number of partners you do have sex with to run the risk of an infection. However this are just probable scores.

Question is, do you still think hopping from one bed to the other beneficial and sampling as many girls as possible clever? I hope someone makes a rational decision today.
I want to believe this post isn't sponsored by some christian organization hoping to shove their beliefs down our throats by putting fear into us, just like they always do with Hell fire!.

One thing that is certain is "all living things die". Whether you abstain from sex or engage in it, you will surely die. "You only live once". Life is sweet, enjoy it the best way you can, but be prudent!.

Be it HIV or AIDS or Herpes or whatever the infection, "Sex is awesome", and nothing can change that!.

1 Like

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by tufine: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2015
@op what a lovely write up. But the part were you state it is almost impossible for men to contact HIV through vagina, I totally disagree with on that one.

HIV can be contacted by unprotected sex with a woman, so please I beg you take that part out of your write up, so people don't get misleaded.

But ones again great write up, condom don't prevent every std out there. Regards

1 Like

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by nankosa(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2015
Runs biz threatened. Flexing too. #Team1partner

1 Like

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by koxi: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2015
Important facts

1 Like

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 05, 2015
This is for s.ex maniacs engaging in unprotected s.ex and married people especially married men having unprotected s.ex with different wh0res. This is for those married women who condone cheating from their husbands and visit hospitals regularly to treat stds. I hope say una dey read am.

1 Like

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by sunnshyn(f): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2015
Thank you OP for this awareness!

Illicit sex is so common these days its already a fashion trend. Social media hasn't helped in any way to curtail this rave for illicit sex(pre-marital, adultery, gay-sex) amongst us, and the devil keeps rejoicing because a lot of people are going down as a result of this. Let's do what's right, pleasing and acceptable before God our maker.

For as many reading this that may be afflicted with one form of disease or the other, receive grace to retrace back your steps to God. Ask God for mercy, and he is able to wipe out every iota of disease in you. (Ps 103 : 3)

The evil ones have held some of us bond by making us believe God cannot forgive us or heal us, remember the word of God says that the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy, but he has come that we may have life and have it more abundantly. Come back to Jesus, do not listen to the devil. Make peace with God and be at peace with yourselves...let the word of God build you up. I pray that as you confess your sins to God, and as he heals you, you continually remain in him.

Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by linearity: 11:44am On Mar 05, 2015
HSV-1 is not an STI or STD......only HSV-2 is.

And as you indicate a higher % of people already have, around 80%. Most people first contacted it as kids from their parent during those innocent and playful mouth to mouth kisses, feeding kids and licking their spoon 'clean' while feeding them, etc.

Except some periodic breakout as cold sore in the mouth, it is harmless.

But HSV-2 is an STD and breaks out in the genital area.

1 Like

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by richard870(m): 11:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Good news for celibates
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Badosqi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
Akalia:
Wait a second, did I read it correct 'it is almost impossible to contract HIV through vaginal sex'? Shed more light on this man.
this is like the fifth time I've across that joking line on social media. But who will even try to take the risk.

Hard to contract HIV through vaginal but giving mouth action to infected one na sure way to Hiv kingdom(since u must and will have to lick d liquid coming out of the Vajo..

1 Like

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Badosqi(m): 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
Firstinline:
So it is almost impossible for a man to get HIV from a woman through vaginal sex.

Can any professional pls confirm this.

make i know the move i go take abeg.
maybe hard through penis to vaginal. But easy with mouth to vaginal.
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by petitmonde(m): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
nankosa:
Runs biz threatened. Flexing too. #Team1partner
it's not about team 1partner.it is about how many partners your 1 partner is having.trusting a girl that is not one's wife is @ one's own peril.

3 Likes

Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by intercom: 2:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
Good one, How about AIDS?
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by UnimkeAk(m): 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
I'm not having Cecs again in my life
grin
TeamVirgin#

Aslong as it isn't hiv.. Most persons aren't aware and dont take those other shiii seriously

And

Syphilis is a bastard menh#

I just remembered wen I was in junior sch, went 2 a crazy boarding sch, we heard syphilis makes u not to feel pain.
Cuz of rugged floging, Niggas wr hoping d could get it. grin
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by ACM10: 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
HIV
"When it comes to vaginal sex, it’s almost impossible for a man to catch it from a woman"

Why do you choose to deliberately spread misinformation? When spreading lies, remember that there is God o
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Obiwannn: 7:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
onegig:

Credits:

2. http://markmanson.

Bros.. u said its difficult for a guy to contact hiv from a lady through vaginal sex? please explain
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
A friend of mine tested positive of HIV few weeks ago and he open up to me about he's predicament. He registered for jamb this year and is scared that he may be denial admission if tested positive during the school medical screening. I wanna ask, do universities do HIV test? Will they denial him admission?
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by ACM10: 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
HenryDion:
A friend of mine tested positive of HIV few weeks ago and he open up to me about he's predicament. He registered for jamb this year and is scared that he may be denial admission if tested positive during the school medical screening. I wanna ask, do universities do HIV test? Will they denial him admission?

No! Government universities rarely carry out HIV screening. It is only church owned universities that do.
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
ACM10:

No! Government universities rarely carry out HIV screening. It is only church owned universities that do.
Thanks for the info.
Re: STIs: The Facts You Need To Know by StepG: 12:11am On Mar 06, 2015
onegig:

Credits:

2. http://markmanson.net/std-guide

As for RAW scores, that's the average number of partners you do have sex with to run the risk of an infection. However this are just probable scores.

Question is, do you still think hopping from one bed to the other beneficial and sampling as many girls as possible clever? I hope someone makes a rational decision today.
God bless u for the info my bros.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ice Bucket Challenge?! Naah. We Climb In Africa / 9 Reasons Why Breakfast Is The Most Important Meal Of The Day / Top 5 Advantages Of Drinking Water Early Morning(empty Stomach)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.