Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,891 members, 7,821,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo (6086 Views)

Ene Ofugara Writes To Festus Keyamo For Not Supporting Ese Oruru / Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / Anambra's Boko Haram Prisoners And Buhari's Deafening Silence - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo by eleven(m): 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2009
Your Troubling Silence-Letter to Festus Keyamo

THURSDAY, 08 JANUARY 2009 10:25    OMOYELE SOWORE

Dear Mr. Festus Keyamo:

I am personally sending you this mail regarding the corrupt activities of Mrs. Farida Waziri, the chairperson of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), even as I suspect you must have read some of our reports on Saharareporters.com detailing Mrs. Waziri's engagement in a variety of criminal acts bordering on corruption, abuse of office and outright theft of public funds since assumption of office in 2008.

Saharareporters.com has documented Mrs. Waziri's illegitimate activities since assuming office at the EFCC, and a number of these are attached to this mail.

You have spent some time justifying and defending the punishment meted out to Nuhu Ribadu, the former EFCC chairman. While this is your prerogative, we are disturbed that a vocal critic and anti-corruption activist of your stature has maintained stoic silence about the extensive acts of corruption and collusion with corrupt serving or former public officials perpetrated both by Mrs. Waziri and Nigeria's chief law officer, Attorney General Michael Aondoakaa. As one who admired your activist credentials, I must hope that your retainership with the EFCC has not become a stumbling block to your continued advocacy of justice and fight against corruption in all its appearances, guises and manifestations. It would be sad if your relationship with the EFCC becomes an excuse to shirk your responsibility as a self-avowed public conscience and commentator on matters of corruption, abuse of office and human rights violations.

In bringing these reports to your attention, I hope to challenge you to rise above any primordial interest that might have constituted a hindrance to your ability to speak up on the manifold corrupt activities involving both Mrs. Waziri and Mr. Aondoakaa.

I hope you would recognize that the times call for moral courage, and that the time to speak up and act is now.

Thanks and happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Omoyele Sowore

Below are some of the links to reports detailing Mrs.Waziri's corrupt activities.

1.http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=382:how-farida-waziri-and-top-nigerian-editors-got-abuja-land-allocations&catid=76:hot-topic&Itemid=205

2.http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=436:qmercedes-jeepq-bribe-efcc-chair-plans-arrest-of-supplier-as-efccs-international-image-plummets&catid=76:hot-topic&Itemid=205

3.http://www.saharareports.com/www/news/detail/?id=774

[b]Source: [/b]http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=441:your-troubling-silence-letter-to-festus-keyamo&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo by lucabrasi(m): 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2009
often wondered why he suddenly developed an emergency sore throat soon as he got employed by efcc as well, they are all rogues and only using the anti corruption crusade to build their resume and career
Re: Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2009
Retained by the EFCC? Smart bit of work by Farida. grin
With the guy earning millions every month for doing nothing . . . what does he care about "justice" for ribadu?
Re: Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo by eleven(m): 10:43am On Jan 10, 2009
Keyamo is taking too much time to respond to this letter, very unlike my man to waste time like this. Please can somebody remind him that we are still waiting.
Re: Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2009
Keyamo

We all still waiting
Re: Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo by cjfavour(m): 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2010
i thought that after the death of gani that keyamo will pick up and become the voice of the people but he have disappointed me. nobody can replace gani. now i know. even in death, gani still set the pace. gani livesssssssssss
Re: Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
cjfavour:

i thought that after the death of gani that keyamo will pick up and become the voice of the people but he have disappointed me. nobody can replace gani. now i know. even in death, gani still set the pace. gani livesssssssssss

The voice of the same people that did not back Gani? ROFLMAO!

(1) (Reply)

Fg Adds 188mgw To Power, As Supply Sits 3,800mgw / Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! / look at where they drill oil in Biafra Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.