Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. (3695 Views)

Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 / Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by malvisguy212: 8:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
obiZEAL:

Gives rise to another question;
Why did my catechism teacher make me cram the ten commandment?
And u'v not told me what to do with the story of creation, or do we just stay with the evolution theory?
I am not a catholic, I believe that question goes to the catholic faith.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by malvisguy212: 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
obiZEAL:

Deuteronomy 13 v 7
maby you mistakenly provide another verse, or you are confused.
◄ Deuteronomy 7:13 ►
He will love you and bless you and
increase your numbers. He will bless the
fruit of your womb, the crops of your
land--your grain, new wine and olive oil--
the calves of your herds and the lambs
of your flocks in the land he swore to
your ancestors to give you.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by malvisguy212: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
obiZEAL:

And u'v not told me what to do with the story of creation, or do we just stay with the evolution theory?
the law is good,when the law is given,it was not meant to saved sinner but it was the INSTRUMENTS in which sinner will be saved, I am a sinner and I cannot obey the law because the spirit in me is weak, I am a wretched man; >>>>
Romans 7:24
What a wretched man I am! Who will
rescue me from this body that is subject
to death?
My body is subjected to death because I cannot obey the law, but when Jesus say"I come to fullfiled the law" this is what he was indicating>>>>I AM SINLESS AND I DID NOT BREAK THE LAW, I AM A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THOES WHO BELIEVE IN ME.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by johnydon22(m): 9:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
there is no verse in the bible God command us to kill, if there is provide it.
Read ur damn book for once...

1 Like

Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by johnydon22(m): 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
maby you mistakenly provide another verse, or you are confused.
◄ Deuteronomy 7:13 ►
He will love you and bless you and
increase your numbers. He will bless the
fruit of your womb, the crops of your
land--your grain, new wine and olive oil--
the calves of your herds and the lambs
of your flocks in the land he swore to
your ancestors to give you.

habaaaaa the guy said [size=20] Deuteronomy 13: 7[/size] common why are you this deceptive naaa angry

1 Like

Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by malvisguy212: 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
johnydon22:

habaaaaa the guy said [size=20] Deuteronomy 13: 7[/size] common why are you this deceptive naaa angry
thank you for the correction.
Deuteronomy 13:7
gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to
the other),
Obizeal; This verse was not talking about jehovah God but the idols.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by malvisguy212: 9:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
johnydon22:

Read ur damn book for once...
provide the verse were God killed without a course.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by johnydon22(m): 9:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to
the other),

First of all the correction was not necessary since you purposely reversed it...

now let me help you quote Deuteronomy 13 from 6 to 10

[size=20] If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own life entices you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods--gods you have not known, you nor your fathers,

7Of the gods of the peoples who are round about you, near you or far away from you, from one end of the earth to the other--

8You shall not give consent to him or listen to him; nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him.

9But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hands of all the people.

10And you shall stone him to death with stones, because he has tried to draw you away from the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.[/size] grin ... now aint that brutal?
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by johnydon22(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
provide the verse were God killed without a course.

habaaaa ... what damn course are you looking for again.
If someone wants to worship another god, you should kill them and you call that killing with course?

Why do you condemn isis and boko haram for killing since they are killing for a course and is still same as that of this ur god..

Nawa ooo... now its not show me where god killed, its now show me where god killed without course... hahahahahahaha this is priceless grin

1 Like

Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by malvisguy212: 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
johnydon22:

First of all the correction was not necessary since you purposely reversed it...

now let me help you quote Deuteronomy 13 from 6 to 10

[size=20] If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own life entices you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods--gods you have not known, you nor your fathers,

7Of the gods of the peoples who are round about you, near you or far away from you, from one end of the earth to the other--

8You shall not give consent to him or listen to him; nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him.

9But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hands of all the people.

10And you shall stone him to death with stones, because he has tried to draw you away from the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.[/size] grin ... now aint that brutal?
A God who will not ignored sin or overlooked it will never spear sinner who break his commandment,however this commandment was giving to the isrealite and was advice to keep them, the amalikites that worship other gods,God did not killed them right away, God pronounced judgment on them and waited almost 300 years after they filled up there measures then God wreath comes upon them.
Thank you for your time, good night.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by johnydon22(m): 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
A God who will not ignored sin or overlooked it will never spear sinner who break his commandment,however this commandment was giving to the isrealite and was advice to keep them, the amalikites that worship other gods,God did not killed them right away, God pronounced judgment on them and waited almost 300 years after they filled up there measures then God wreath comes upon them.
Thank you for your time, good night.

hahahahahahaha what is he talking?

How does any of these shiit u just yarned related to the above post.. lolzzz ..ok naa goodnight sir..
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by malvisguy212: 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
johnydon22:

habaaaa ... what damn course are you looking for again.
If someone wants to worship another god, you should kill them and you call that killing with course?

Why do you condemn isis and boko haram for killing since they are killing for a course and is still same as that of this ur god..

Nawa ooo... now its not show me where god killed, its now show me where god killed without course... hahahahahahaha this is priceless grin
God create you and ask you to worship him alone. Bible say where were you when I create the earth? Where are the gods when jehovah God made you! However Jesus has already fullfiled the law summoned it to ONE word "LOVE"
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by Empiree: 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=michaelwestern post=31144111]
OP you are confusing judaism with christianity. God never commanded any christian to kill anybody. There was nothing like christianity before Jesus Christ.
Why do you still use Old Testament then?

Christianity is built on Jesus Christ and Jesus never asked christians to kill anybody. The old testament is in the bible so that we can learn about how God related with the jews not to obey their commandments.
What a joke! "so that you can learn" just to learn?. You kidding right?. But when Israel attacks Palestinians now, you start quoting OT for justification

If you read the old testaments very well you will realize that the commandments were given specifically to only the isrealites. Every other nation then were gentiles and they had no obligations to obey the commandments. When.Jesus came, he connected the gentiles to God not through the isrealite's laws but through his blood.
This is trash honestly...trash

And he gave the christians only two commandments which is Love the Lord your God and love your neighbour as yourself.
You are so fake...I swear real fake. Easier said than done. Abeg, the man named Jesus (peace upon him) never came with new Law. You are to follow Mosaic Law. No where in NT Jesus approved of Christianity. It's was Paul who founded the religion. Therefore, these nonsense you said up there was made up by Paul and co
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by johnydon22(m): 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
God create you and ask you to worship him alone. Bible say where were you when I create the earth? Where are the gods when jehovah God made you! However Jesus has already fullfiled the law summoned it to ONE word "LOVE"

The same way isreal believe yahweh created you, the same way the philistians believe dagon created you, the same way canaanites believe el created you, mesopetamians believe mardurk created you, greeks believe zeus created you, egyptians believe osiris created you, muslims believe allah created you... So what right do yahweh have to command the death of other people for believing their own..

I see you christians shouting because muslims are killing people custheir own allah told them to... why do you think allah is not justified to command them to kill people but you think yahweh is justified to command it ..
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by obiZEAL(m): 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
the other),
Lolz... Ur one funny dude.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by obiZEAL(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
Okay, u've escaped that one..so what about the creation story?
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by obiZEAL(m): 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
johnydon22:

The same way isreal believe yahweh created you, the same way the philistians believe dagon created you, the same way canaanites believe el created you, mesopetamians believe mardurk created you, greeks believe zeus created you, egyptians believe osiris created you, muslims believe allah created you... So what right do yahweh have to command the death of other people for believing their own..

I see you christians shouting because muslims are killing people custheir own allah told them to... why do you think allah is not justified to command them to kill people but you think yahweh is justified to command it ..

Right there...
If any one can clarify me on this then I will have a jolly night rest.
Nice one boss
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by tola9ja: 11:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
obiZEAL:

malvisguy212:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Okay, u've escaped that one..so what about the creation story?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
OREMUSSANCTUS the catholic priest answer the question
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
tola9ja:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
OREMUSSANCTUS the catholic priest answer the question
receive ya answer below

Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by michaelwestern(m): 11:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
hey bro, good to know you are alright, I am very happy to see you, God bless you my friend.

Thanks bro, i was going through some stuffs before but thank God am feeling alright now. Thanks once again
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by delishpot: 2:16am On Feb 28, 2015
obiZEAL:

Abeg, what in the 10 commandments said to kill? Jesus came and said the 10 commandments still holds which all christians in truth still follow. Juses came and summarised them to 2: love God and love your fellow man. If you love others as God commanded, you wont steal, kill, covet, commit adultery etc.
Like I said, Jesus made some changes from the law. remember the story of the good samaritan? When the pharises and co were crossing because of the law that forbade them to touch a corpse? Did Jesus not rebuke such attitude? Remember when his desciples were picking corn on sabath? And the jews were saying the law states that no man should work on sabath yet jesus' followers were breaking the sabath law and picking corn? Jesus replied,an was not made for the sabath but the sabath for man. He even asked them which of them if their ox should fall in a well on sabath will not forget about the law and try to save it?
Remember the woman that was caught commiting adultery? They brought her to Jesus and said acording to their law, she should be stoned to death, Jesus said let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.
Remember the law about divorcing and marrying more than one wife by the jews? Jesus told them that Moses made those laws because of the greed and harx hearts of the men of the days. That from the begining, Gid made 1 adam for 2 eve and that he hates divorce and encouraged men of that time to be satisfied with their wife of youth.
Jesus reviewed a lot of things. Most of those stone and kill laws he abolished.
Mohamed on the other hand did non of those. Those laws still stand if a muslim wants to practice islam in reality.

I nor get power sef. Its well. I do not hate muslims. I just dont understand why the fanatics will be so evil and vile. Its them I do not like.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by Empiree: 3:35am On Feb 28, 2015
delishpot:

Jesus reviewed a lot of things. Most of those stone and kill laws he abolished.
Mohamed on the other hand did non of those. Those laws still stand if a muslim wants to practice islam in reality.

I nor get power sef. Its well. I do not hate muslims. I just dont understand why the fanatics will be so evil and vile. Its them I do not like.
Lol, you are funny man. Weiting concern islam with your book na?. Ya kai, Jesus didnt abolish the law. The laws stand for you folks. If you disagree then you need to proof to me from your bible where Jesus established Christianity. Pls dont come up with "Christlike" thing.

Whoever established Christianity or called you guys Christians must be the same person who "changed" the law. O ya defend yourself
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by delishpot: 8:46am On Feb 28, 2015
Empiree:
Lol, you are funny man. Weiting concern islam with your book na?. Ya kai, Jesus didnt abolish the law. The laws stand for you folks. If you disagree then you need to proof to me from your bible where Jesus established Christianity. Pls dont come up with "Christlike" thing.

Whoever established Christianity or called you guys Christians must be the same person who "changed" the law. O ya defend yourself

No one established christianity. The people of the time called those who believed in the Chtist as having direct contact and knowledge of God" christians". .. they as a group were frowned upon and many times killed by catholic rulers, jews and moslems. The people so called christians beleived and preached what Jesus preached which the jews find as changing the law and daring authority and clearly the jews did not like that.
Tell me where I said jesus abolished the law? I said he revised it.
I linked islam to my quote because the OP clearly was comparing bible verses with those in the quran.
You dont have to play like an ostrich cos you dont understand where I am comming from.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by Empiree: 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
delishpot:

No one established christianity. The people of the time called those who believed in the Chtist as having direct contact and knowledge of God" christians". .. they as a group were frowned upon and many times killed by catholic rulers, jews and moslems. The people so called christians beleived and preached what Jesus preached which the jews find as changing the law and daring authority and clearly the jews did not like that.
Tell me where I said jesus abolished the law? I said he revised it.
I linked islam to my quote because the OP clearly was comparing bible verses with those in the quran.
You dont have to play like an ostrich cos you dont understand where I am comming from.
This answers noting. If Jesus did not establish christianity, it means it was established by someone else. Hence, when you claimed the people preached what Jesus preached, that's basically a mere projection.

Question stands, show me where Jesus or God established chritianity?. And if Jesus didnt abolished Maosaic Law but revised it, means basically that the Law stands. He didnt come with a new Law.

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

You either to abide by everything in the OT or disassociate yourself from it completely. You can not choose what suits you from there. Simple as that. And you dont know where I am going to either.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
delishpot:
OP, this is not what christ stood for. Go back and re read ya bible.

If you do, you will see where christ spoke about all that. He said a lot of it is written and tgen he gave new translations to most of them.
He said it is written an eye for an eye but I tell you if someone slaps you on the right cheek turn tge left to him too. He said pray for your enemies and wish good to those that curse you.
He said forgive 70x70 times
He said a lot of things that if you were not so stuck on proving christianity as a devilish and blood thirsty religion, you would have noticed and understood.

Granted your oga was overdoing it. But he said what he said out of anger at what extreemist moslems are doing. Have you been oportune to see what those ISIL are doing to people? Go and look for those videos and come back and tell me you dont understand where your boss is comming from.
Anyhoe, as long as he did not butcher the man or insult him to his face and the man did not feel threatened, na ya oga sabi,

so where was christ when his father was giving all these rule? why not say ''daddy these rules are not good''...........

2 Likes

Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
michaelwestern:

Did you even read my post before quoting me? I stated it clearly that the old testament laws are not for christians. God gave the commandments to isrealites only there was nothing like christianity then.

It's the same God but different dispensation and to the best of my knowledge the OP was referring to christians not isrealites who were given the commandments.

Let me state it clearly again, christians dont follow the old testament commandments, we only read the old testament to learn about how God related to the isrealites before christianity.

concerning the bold, dont you think a perfect God should have gotten it right the first time?
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by obiZEAL(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
sonmvayina:

so where was christ when his father was giving all these rule? why not say ''daddy these rules are not good''...........
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by obiZEAL(m): 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
sonmvayina:

Lolz
Funny but true...
Since they claim 'before Abraham, Jesus was'
Why did jesus sit and watch Abraham make those law only to come and revise or abolish them?
@Michaelwestern
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by tola9ja: 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
receive ya answer below

YOU MEAN YOU WORSHIP MARY THAT IS BAD

Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by delishpot: 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
sonmvayina:

Help me go ask am then give me feed back bros.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by delishpot: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
Empiree:
This answers noting. If Jesus did not establish christianity, it means it was established by someone else. Hence, when you claimed the people preached what Jesus preached, that's basically a mere projection.

Question stands, show me where Jesus or God established chritianity?. And if Jesus didnt abolished Maosaic Law but revised it, means basically that the Law stands. He didnt come with a new Law.

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

You either to abide by everything in the OT or disassociate yourself from it completely. You can not choose what suits you from there. Simple as that. And you dont know where I am going to either.

Ok. I don hear. All man get his race to run. I no get power talk religion biko. May the almighty guide us all aright.
As for who established christianity. No one did. The people called christ followers christians and the name stuck. But Christ himself established the church that became known as chrisrianity by people. And all those who followed the teachings and the ways of life of christ were tagged "Christians" and thus they were known as that. If that doesnt satisfy you, then dont look at me for more explanation.
Christ himself called people to follow his ways and do as he has instructed and taught. He told peter he will be the rock upon whom he shall build his church. Which meant he knew that his people will be treated differently for following his teaching. He said drop all you have and follow me. He Himself called for people to follow him and live life the way he was teaching them to.
Re: Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. by Empiree: 11:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
You are another olodo of NL. You guys are funny. Brother, you aint got any proof for everything you said here. Well, like you rightly said, you dont have nerve to debate this. I wonder how you still remain christian. Your choice I guess and it shall be duly respected. Have sweet day!
delishpot:

Ok. I don hear. All man get his race to run. I no get power talk religion biko. May the almighty guide us all aright.
As for who established christianity. No one did. The people called christ followers christians and the name stuck. But Christ himself established the church that became known as chrisrianity by people. And all those who followed the teachings and the ways of life of christ were tagged "Christians" and thus they were known as that. If that doesnt satisfy you, then dont look at me for more explanation.
Christ himself called people to follow his ways and do as he has instructed and taught. He told peter he will be the rock upon whom he shall build his church. Which meant he knew that his people will be treated differently for following his teaching. He said drop all you have and follow me. He Himself called for people to follow him and live life the way he was teaching them to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Top 10 Largest Churches In The World / The " My Muslim Friends Are Very Nice" Excuse / Vishwakarma Puja Mantra, Puja Vidhi, Vishwakarma Aarti Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.