Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:13 PM

Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... (47616 Views)

See The Blunder Made By Macmillan In Their Primary 3 English Textbook / Public Primary School In Manchester (pix) / Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by raziboi(m): 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
fabulous660:
It is with great pleasure that I wish to announce to all those people who completed their primary school education in Nigeria and not in France that there have been some improvement in the primary school sector....

But if you were born in the indomie generation maybe this will not make any sense to you.

*Do u know that Ali is no longer a boy?
*Simbi is now a mother with two children.
*Chike is no longer the river boy but he is now a Marine Engineer.
*Edet no longer lives in Calabar but has
moved to Canada. *Agbo is happily married too and has left the town of Lagoon for London. *Eze no longer goes to school, he is now a graduate.
*Even Mr Salami is no longer a farmer but a
politician.
*Remember Ralia the sugar girl? she now owns one of the biggest sugar factories in Kano.
*Ade our naughty little brother is now a doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in the country.

Wow!!! what a great medium to recall those days of "Macmillian English." We all had them off hand. Spirit of primary school days, but if u don't know all dis den u are part of indomie generation...
Source: self

any body dat don't knw Macmillan …………shouldnt b in nairaland
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by shegsrules(m): 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
Down by the river side the green grass grows, there sits Nene washing her clothes, she sings she sings she sings so sweet she calls to her playmates in the street. Playmates playmates won't u come for tea, come next sunday at half past 6. Tea cakes pancakes everything you see u would have a lovely time at half past 6

3 Likes

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by bossofallboss(m): 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
does days are gone,,it use to b fun,,I wonder wat story dey will b reading nw.
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by Profeme: 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
delugadou:
@ OP, u didn't mention wakamma the fast runner. I heard he is now one of the personal assistants to Usain Bolt

(abi u no read macmillan book 5?)
It was the first day of the school year. Emeka and his friends Wakamma and Kunle were going to school. Emeka was trying to read his book as usual.Wakamma and Kunle were in front of him. "Come on. We'll be late" Emeka close his book and rush to meet up with them... The first story in that book 5.
lol.What loving memories!

1 Like

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
gbogboti:
How time flies! Who read Mr. Bako?

Now that was a book! Him and his family travelling across major cities in Nigeria. I would read that book again if given the chance!

1 Like

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by eye2sabi(m): 11:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
shegsrules:
Down by the river side the green grass grows, there sits Nene washing her clothes, she sings she sings she sings so sweet she calls to her playmates in the street. Playmates playmates won't u come for tea, come next sunday at half past 6. Tea cakes pancakes everything you see u would have a lovely time at half past 6
U just touched a vital part of my childhood. Feel lyk crying now cos I really miss those days.
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by zonax(m): 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
Good old days
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by eye2sabi(m): 11:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
We also used 'better english' in my sch.
Anyone use it too?
I rememba d rhyme of Betty butter.
Betty butter bought some butter but she said this butter is bitter, if I put it in my batter it will make my batter bitter so she bought a better butter better than the bitter butter.
Mehn those days we dy chop lips wen reciting this rhyme.
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by Profeme: 11:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
psalmsjob:

Life is still innocent its the people that lost their innocence.
And we pass those books on to our siblings then but not anymore now the educational sector is commercialize that almost every school has its own note books, text-books and work-books being changed every term.

#WeNeedChange #LetsVoteForChange #VoteForBuhari
Indeed the condition students find themselves is very deplorable. The level of commercialization in the educational sector especially in private schools is very alarming.
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by SWG1: 11:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
Pls is one eyed Sunday among the snippers GEJ was alleged to be training.

Finally the animal farm was expanded into otta farm.
-George owell
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by eye2sabi(m): 11:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
Also remember the story of a stranger that stole banana in a village. Remember also the story of the shepherd that always raises false alarm, the day real lions came to attack his flock no one came to rescue him cos they thought it was another false alarm

2 Likes

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by timilehin007(m): 11:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
what about gandoki....

ede times ede remi ko ni iya segun elere'ball odabo odano kayode
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
lol gud old days,i cnt believe i eva got carried awy believin dat wot i saw was true......imagine mr salami in his farm smillin n i wld b like;farm go swit o,lol
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by tushburg(m): 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
AGBO is here in Congo
Simbi is now in sambisa forest
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by engrjacuzzi: 11:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
chapter five had this paragraph
today is Friday, edet and his cousins are eating chicken and rice. can you see the big bowl of rice on the table? edet's cousins are john and Mary.

edet is now a manager at Mobil in eket.

1 Like

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by Pinoralia: 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
Wow!!!
This thread reminds of my best phase of life so far. Do you remember the assembly songs back then?

8'o clock is the time for school
Never late is a golden rule.....

H I P for the hip, for the hippos
P O P O for the hipopo....

The other books we used:
-The lantern series
- Understanding mathematics
- Mastering English
- Brighter grammar
-Lacombe (lower, middle and upper standards)
-Amina and Lara
- The missing bridesmaid
-Story my mother told me
And so on

It so painful those days will never come again. I can only see few On my then friends on Facebook. Time n distance have separated us for life. Those are d good old days when the only problem I had was to do my homework.

2 Likes

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by agoadiv(m): 12:06am On Feb 27, 2015
remember mr nwosu??he no longer buys chicken but cow legcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by laykhorn(m): 12:09am On Feb 27, 2015
LOL! Days of craming passages. I love my generation. Not this Indomie and Techno generation.
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by fharrisonfort(m): 12:09am On Feb 27, 2015
mr sada is now a politician who lives in aso rock
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by HardeyBbee: 1:13am On Feb 27, 2015
lol
what of mr. bassey
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by Johninho(m): 1:49am On Feb 27, 2015
milky3:
Wish I could get all those books ,then I would read them over and over again
. U can contact me 4 some of those books, gat dem in my archive.
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by shegsrules(m): 2:07am On Feb 27, 2015
eye2sabi:

U just touched a vital part of my childhood. Feel lyk crying now cos I really miss those days.

Childhood was great, just few days was chatting about d experiences with friends n it was just so great. This song have been refreshing me for the past 1mth n I keep singing it always.

1 Like

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by sombrady(m): 4:05am On Feb 27, 2015
Agbo lives in the town of lagoon which is not far from Ibadan,he went to primary school, he was in primary 4,Everyone loves Agbo because he was very happy and friendly,Agbo was a lucky boy because his parents were rich,his father gave him a watch and Agbo was very proud of it,oneday Agbo wake up very late he looked at his watch it was 7.30 am quickly Agbo jump up picked up his brush and towel,dats all I could remember for those days.

1 Like

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by popson1(m): 5:44am On Feb 27, 2015
akinvest:
Yes Mr Bako & Biola stil rememba!
It was Mr and mrs Bako and Biola and Alade. During a vacation, they made a tour of the whole Nigeria starting from Abeokuta I think. Good old days......

1 Like

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by chiibekee(f): 6:01am On Feb 27, 2015
delugadou:
@ OP, u didn't mention wakamma the fast runner. I heard he is now one of the personal assistants to Usain Bolt

(abi u no read macmillan book 5?)
what about Princess habiba?
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by semanose: 6:08am On Feb 27, 2015
shegsrules:

I was about reciting this poem. The good old days
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by ajumobia(m): 7:07am On Feb 27, 2015
Mr Salami is a returning Honorable in the house of Rep.
Nice one bro, you brought back the memoir.
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 27, 2015
Queen primer

1. I go up
2. Up we go
3. Did you go up?

What of this one:

A rat
A big rat
A big fat rat sat on the mat
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by Moradeeke(f): 7:59am On Feb 27, 2015
eye2sabi:
Also remember the story of a stranger that stole banana in a village. Remember also the story of the shepherd that always raises false alarm, the day real lions came to attack his flock no one came to rescue him cos they thought it was another false alarm
Remember Owie The Flute Player?

1 Like

Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by pamcode(m): 8:02am On Feb 27, 2015
i am gandoki the father of garba, lol good old primary school days
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by armadeo(m): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2015
OCTAVO:
The passport of Mallam Ilia angry

Us man terror of the north.

The game if shanchi or something like that. Nice one there
Re: Goodnews For Those Who Completed Their Primary School In Nigeria... by kenee24(m): 8:23am On Feb 27, 2015
Hmmm...nice!!!

Enter d elite employee quest 2015,0-5yrs experience needed...click:https://tips.naij.com/enter-the-elite-employee-quest-and-win-big.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Teacher Impregnates JSS2 Student In Delta / Success Adegor Video: Headmistress Suspended By Delta Government / Monkey Seen Posing For Pictures In UNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.