Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. (500 Views)

2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu / 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? / 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by quicyvictor(m): 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
I wish to say that, this forum has really enlightened me
about the political landscape of Nigeria. Prior to joining a few months ago, I
was one of the undecided in the current political arrangement. However through
reading other people’s comments, I have been able to come to a reasonable
understanding of all the intrigues that characterise the political landscape.
Most of the people on this platform are either in support of APC or PDP; very
few were undecided like me. I have carefully
try to reason out both sides of the argument in order to make a
decision. I have observed that the people who support PDP are usually people
who like to support Any Government In Power (AGIP). Some of them were the likes
who sang the songs of IBB in his days, likewise Abacha. They believe governments
in power always find a way to hold on to power either by hook or crook, therefore
the wise thing to do is to be in the winning camp. Many of them cannot advance any logical
reason why they want the present government to continue other than religious and
tribal bigotry. Even when you try to reason with them they are unwilling because
they believe the present government don’t need the support of the people to retain
power. On the other hand I observe that those who support APC range from those
who are frustrated with the present government to those who believe in the past
antecedent of Buhari. There are also those who believe anything is better than
GEJ or rather we can’t have it worse than this. In my opinion I have become
convinced to lean towards this group not because I believe Buhari will make
Nigeria the best president ever. Nevertheless I believe a Buhari victory in the
polls will send a message to people elected into office that, they are
accountable to the electorate, especially when their tenure runs out and that, it
is only their performance that can justify re-election. I also believe it will also
correct the impression that these crops of pundits have about AGIP. Nigeria has
been bastardized by the likes of IBB & Abacha and this current generation
believes it is normal to praise sing non-performers. When the second republic was tending towards
this kind of politics Buhari scuttled it. To some he scuttled democracy, to
others he restored sanity to the shabby democracy that existed. It is the reason why he is seen as the desired CHANGE. I hope he wins not because he is the best but he represent the
beginning of the change Nigeria deserves. If the change doesn't bring about the desired change, we can change it in the next four years. What will want right now is anything better than GEJ, as GEJ can never be better than GEJ.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by lacasa: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
You've reasoned wellm

Kudos!

Let's try something different.

Change! cool

(1) (Reply)

The Unraveling Of President Goodluck Jonathan’s Campaign / Petrol Scarcity: Ekiti Govt Shut Down Five Petrol Stations For Selling Above / Military Is Driving BH Out Of Towns, Where Are The " MISSING" Chibok Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.