Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks (28021 Views)

UN Suspends Operations In Nigeria After Boko Haram Surprise Attack / Officials Evacuating Bodies After Boko Haram Attack In Maiduguri (Photos) / Shi’ite Islamic Group Procession After Boko Haram Attacked Their Member (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 27, 2015
so they too are afraid of boko haram but if its Nigerian soldiers that withdrew their men for any reason it will be criticized.

what other help can you offer if you will not provide arms even on credit.

they are already promising humanitarian help as if they already know it will get worse. Thank God Nigeria is now doing the needful

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by kodded(m): 10:30am On Feb 27, 2015
sulexcraig:
If they are scared but we are the indigene of Nigeria,no where too run for us....all we can do is no retreat no Surrender because so soon shekau dead body will be process too produce manure nd it will be used too plant Cassava in turn too make garri nd use too feed his supporter of APC members that will be serving Death sentence in Kirikiri maximun prison
smiley cheesy
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by babakonigba: 10:30am On Feb 27, 2015
im i still on d frontpage?
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by MrEverest(m): 10:31am On Feb 27, 2015
This is nothing but tactical manoeuvre!!!
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by josnig1980(f): 10:32am On Feb 27, 2015
SAI GMB grin
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by major466(m): 10:32am On Feb 27, 2015
So they ran away because of Boko Haram attacked sad And they call our military names.
Nigeria will come out stronger, better and more powerful militarily after we defeat Boko Haram that Nations from all over the world will beg our government to train their military in counter terrorism.
GEJ Till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by kk34: 10:37am On Feb 27, 2015
Are they widrawing to renforce, or to run away?
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Oiselenjakhian(m): 11:41am On Feb 27, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by AJOT99(m): 11:46am On Feb 27, 2015
U think say e easy
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by stinggy(m): 11:49am On Feb 27, 2015
Qiewz11:
They have left to our fate. It is time to do away with those close. We will succeed with or without their support

You can say that again bros! cool
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Guyman02: 11:53am On Feb 27, 2015
Who needs their useless training in the first instance and who invited them. If Russia had towed the same line as them by not selling us weapons we will not be achieving victory by now.
They want to share in the glory thats why they are coming with this training on our border and now they have fled. This was why the US trained 30,000 Iraqi soldiers fled from 800 ISIS leaving them to capture huge swathes of Iraq.
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Bawss1(m): 11:55am On Feb 27, 2015
^
This statement like the many others here is evidence of the foolishness that is sweeping over this thread.
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by dantewest: 11:57am On Feb 27, 2015
The article is laced with what is defined as classic DOUBLE TALK.

The western countries created this stupid mess anyway, we dont need their fake help. Nigeria can and will defeat Boko Haram regardless of the blood and baboon foool.

Let the west take care of their favorite toy in the middle east called ISIS or Islamic State terrorist group.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by YabaLeftist: 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
Picture of their fleeing a s s please!
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Chigold101(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
Qiewz11:
They have left us to our fate. It is time to do away with those clowns. We will succeed with or without their support
we have always been on our own...

All hail our gallant soldiers... Never Again will our land be taken by insugents... NEVER AGAIN...

Somebody shout NEVER AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Vock(m): 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kennywills7:

d Canadians don't want to get involved dats y dey move out, so its a nice move to dem
Though i would hv luv dem to get involve, any enemy of boko haram is our friend, as long as boko haram is wipe out and no problem arise from it in d future

What are you saying
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by meforyou1(m): 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kizmarty:

What is nice about the move
i was shock too o
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by cyberdurable(m): 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

ALL I KNOW IS BUHARI WILL BE SWORN IN AS PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA ON MAY 29TH.

ALL NIGERIANS SHALL BE DELIVERED FROM THIS CURRENT REIGN OF TYRANNY AND IMPUNITY

sai Buhari

I guess this pic was taken 40yrs ago....
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by VivaLaFrans: 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kennywills7:
The boko boys wouldn't dare to attack dem as dat is incurring d wrath of d canadian forces

Anyways nice move
Never.... Not anymore... Gone are those days when troops travel far to join in another nation's fight.... Now they only train the soldiers and supply them with arms if there's need. It's our fight, not there's.
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by vislabraye(m): 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
I dey laugh. Uncle Sam, where are you? But if its to oust Saddam, you guys would be number 1. Here is a genuine fight, and all you guys can do is to run with your tail between your legs. SMH
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by ttmacoy: 1:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by crackhouse(m): 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
white cowards
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by onoja12: 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
Rubbish who is the white people trying to fool,abeg let the press control themselves, i speak it loud and clear no white man helped us defit bokoharam,Africans did it on there own with weapons from Russia.all this useless countries that refuse to help want to start positioning themselves to take the glory

Obaiyski:
Canadian special forces participating in military training in southeast Niger, near the border with Nigeria, were ordered to withdraw recently to avoid battling with Boko Haram Islamists, the military said Thursday.

The troops had been posted to the town of Diffa, where the government of Niger declared a state of emergency on February 11 following attacks in the region that borders Boko Haram’s stronghold in northeast Nigeria.

The Canadians are participating in US-sponsored counterterrorism training that started on February 16 and is due to wrap up on March 9.

The annual program has 1,300 troops from 19 countries training militaries in five African countries in shooting, movement, communications, and mission planning.

Dominique Tessier from Canada’s defense department did not say how many Canadians were at risk of confrontation with Boko Haram, but noted in an email to AFP that “several members” were relocated from Diffa to other areas such as Agadez and Niamey in Niger and N’Djamena in Chad “due to security issues.”

“This was seen as a prudent measure given the current security situation in the region,” Tessier said, adding the exercise continues.

“Recent events in Niger involving Boko Haram do highlight training such as this to help collective efforts against violent extremist organizations.”

The Canadian special forces also stand ready to provide humanitarian or other assistance, should Ottawa decide to offer help, Tessier said.

www.punchng.com/news/canadian-troops-withdraw-after-boko-haram-attacks/
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
The foolishness I am reading on this comment section makes me sad for our generation. Majority are mindless semi-literate that can't think for themselves.
The canadians are here for capacity training. This was a joint effort by the canadian and american government.
Fighting boko haram for us is not on the agenda, boko haram is our problem and we should take care of it. The best they can do is to teach us how to take care of it.... if u want them to fight for us, then u should also be ready to let them rule us and decide who becomes our next president.

If I was boko haram, I would be scared of confronting these guys...
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Kingsasian(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
Boko haram abeg just try injure or kill one of those canadian men na. So dat they will join in helping us put an end to u guys with their own sophisticated weapons. Abeg, biko, mbok, please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by omonnakoda: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kennywills7:
The boko boys wouldn't dare to attack dem as dat is incurring d wrath of d canadian forces

Anyways nice move

Kennywills7:

d Canadians don't want to get involved dats y dey move out, so its a nice move to dem
Though i would hv luv dem to get involve, any enemy of boko haram is our friend, as long as boko haram is wipe out and no problem arise from it in d future

Just wondering about the contents of your cranium? Garri or Noodles
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by gnykelly(m): 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
they're there for training. they don't have the interest of ending boko haram menace.
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
meforyou1:
i was shock too o

Lol i tire
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by pomsky: 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kennywills7:

Anyways nice move

.....it's apparent you don't know what you're saying.
If Obama attempts to go there, boko boys will intentionally attack if they can!
Re: Canadian Troops Withdraw After Boko Haram Attacks by Kennywills7(m): 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
omonnakoda:

Just wondering about the contents of your cranium? Garri or Noodles
I have nothing to say to u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic Photo Of Dead People In The UNIMAID Bomb Blast – 2017 / The 2019 Presidential Elections And The Current Noipolls / Tolu Ogunlesi Suffers To Defend Buhari’s Twitter Ban on CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.