Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi (19522 Views)

Stephen Keshi Is Dead / NFF ‘offered’ Renard $100,000 For Oliseh’s Job / Stephen Keshi Cry Out: I Have Been Offered A "Slave Contract" By NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Empredboy(m): 12:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
A DECLARATION Saturday by Coach Stephen Keshi that the new deal offered to him by the
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) amounts to a “slave contract,” is not going down well with
the leadership of the federation.

Keshi’s initial contract of three years ran out after the Brazil 2014 World Cup, where
Nigeria reached the last 16. He failed to qualify the Super Eagles for the recently concluded
Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea, prompting a debate on whether or not to give
him a new contract.

After a long wait, Keshi, who led Nigeria to win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South
Africa, said he had received his new contract from the NFF, but was far from being
impressed with what was on offer.

“From the clauses I have seen so far, I don’t know what words to use, but the contract can
be described as a ‘slave contract’”, he said, probably in reference to clauses which make
him answerable to several persons and committees.

Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported yesterday that Keshi had been offered a two-year
contract effective from March 1, 2015, requiring him to meet several targets or else the deal
was off.

However, the President of NFF Amaju Pinnick told The Guardian yesterday that it was
unfair for Keshi to make such comment.

“How can Keshi say the NFF gave him a ‘slave contract’? How come he is discussing details
of his contract with the media, instead of talking with the NFF? It is unprofessional. Well, he
has a choice to make,” Pinnick said.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sport/200070-nff-gave-me-slave-contract-says-keshi

BELOW ARE THE NEW TERMS OF CONTRACT FOR STEPHEN KESHI.

1. A TECHNICAL ADVISER CAN BE EMPLOYED IF .........
2. #5 MILLION Monthly
3. NO ACCOMMODATION, NO VEHICLE
4. #500,00 TRANSPORTATION Fees
5. CHAN AND AFCON SEMI-FINAL STAGE QUALIFICATION
6. COACH MUST NEVER STAY OUTSIDE NIGERIA FOR MORE THAN 21 DAYS IN THE YEAR
7. MUST TELL NFF BEFORE ACCEPTING GIFTS FROM COMPANIES, INDIVIDUALS .

KESHI MUST SUBMIT REPLY ON MARCH 12TH.

Am laughing in French here. MOD DO THE NEEDFUL AT THE FRONT PAGE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by OYIBN: 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
ln addition to the terms you stated, Keshi must also take instructions from several persons and committee's. Amodu is one of them. Keshi must sign Code of Conduct. NFF can unilaterally terminate the contract anytime they feel he is in breach. NFF can hire technical adviser anytime they feel it necessary. NFF are a bunch of jokers. Although Keshi is yet to get another job he has since moved on. Let them hire a foreign technical adviser and give him the same conditions they are giving Keshi. Alternatively they can re-engage Amodu and Chukwu and let us see how far they will go. NFF's honeymoon will soon be over whenever they hire a coach that cannot match or surpass Keshi's achievements. Nigeria is the only African country that does not have a coach at the Senior level. NFF still playing the dirty politics that ensured we did not qualify for the last Nations Cup.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Empredboy(m): 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
I pity dat pinnick of a guy, if i were keshi i wud av resigned after d worldcup cos i belief u wud av gotten a better deal. Now let him not take it afterall his contract has lapsed so dat d nff can display what dey have 4 naija.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by ogawisdom(m): 9:56am On Mar 01, 2015
Keshi dt south Africa n burkina faso rejected he doesn't worth another contract n hw else can nff tell him. tongue

Keshi shld ve been fired for failin to qualify for afcon 2015 but gej n david mark dey back him. Naija n I'm (ima mmadu)

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by james669: 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
When has a 5 million Naira contract become a slave contract in Nigeria

Is Wizkid Arrogant or Envied?
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/3591-is-wizkid-arrogant-or-envied

16 Likes

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by buskie13(m): 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
and who does this good for nothing Keshi thinks he is?

is he better than a slave?

nonsense pothead n potbelly human being....

I'm glad NFF refused to renew his Slave contract... let him take his CV to Equatorial Guinea where he so wished to be....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
this guy. should be gone already. the spirit of working for Nigeria Jamie longer with him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by millionboi(m): 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
Check my signature
Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by plainmirror(m): 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
I blame GEJ for his manipulations.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
The truth have comot o.
Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by igbsam(m): 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
grin
Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by korel9: 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
K
Empredboy:
A DECLARATION Saturday by Coach Stephen Keshi that the new deal offered to him by the
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) amounts to a “slave contract,” is not going down well with
the leadership of the federation.

Keshi’s initial contract of three years ran out after the Brazil 2014 World Cup, where
Nigeria reached the last 16. He failed to qualify the Super Eagles for the recently concluded
Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea, prompting a debate on whether or not to give
him a new contract.

After a long wait, Keshi, who led Nigeria to win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South
Africa, said he had received his new contract from the NFF, but was far from being
impressed with what was on offer.

“From the clauses I have seen so far, I don’t know what words to use, but the contract can
be described as a ‘slave contract’”, he said, probably in reference to clauses which make
him answerable to several persons and committees.

Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported yesterday that Keshi had been offered a two-year
contract effective from March 1, 2015, requiring him to meet several targets or else the deal
was off.

However, the President of NFF Amaju Pinnick told The Guardian yesterday that it was
unfair for Keshi to make such comment.

“How can Keshi say the NFF gave him a ‘slave contract’? How come he is discussing details
of his contract with the media, instead of talking with the NFF? It is unprofessional. Well, he
has a choice to make,” Pinnick said.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sport/200070-nff-gave-me-slave-contract-says-keshi

BELOW ARE THE NEW TERMS OF CONTRACT FOR STEPHEN KESHI.

1. A TECHNICAL ADVISER CAN BE EMPLOYED IF .........
2. #5 MILLION Monthly
3. NO ACCOMMODATION, NO VEHICLE
4. #500,00 TRANSPORTATION Fees
5. CHAN AND AFCON SEMI-FINAL STAGE QUALIFICATION
6. COACH MUST NEVER STAY OUTSIDE NIGERIA FOR MORE THAN 21 DAYS IN THE YEAR
7. MUST TELL NFF BEFORE ACCEPTING GIFTS FROM COMPANIES, INDIVIDUALS .

KESHI MUST SUBMIT REPLY ON MARCH 12TH.

Am laughing in French here. MOD DO THE NEEDFUL AT THE FRONT PAGE
Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by adepiero: 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
This is absolutely ridiculous! especially the part that says he must not receive gifts without informing NFF! that reminds me of my mother telling me not to take gifts from strangers when I was a kid.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by ugosonic1: 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
seriously speaking, nt because keshi ws unable to qualify nigeria dt dey shld treat him ds way. he has learnt his mistakes so stilll giv him anoda chance

2 Likes

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Austindark(m): 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
5 million??

at least slave dey go message for him master, wetin u don do for Nigeria?
common afcon we noh go because of u?

better pray make gej remain president o cos I noh sure say buhari like football. besides him don old, so no energy for recreation again..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by DrPrickson: 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
Does he even deserve all these?? Ikeshi should count himself lucky

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by ObaOlodo(m): 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Abeg can somebody summarize this post in 3 sentences? ...em too lazy to read it all.
Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by sonickay(m): 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
shachris:
this guy. should be gone already. the spirit of working for Nigeria Jamie longer with him.
don't answer him, he enslaved himself. He shud av left when the ovation was loudest, he wants to stay to take all. Nonsense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Keshi is overrated... What's he feeling like?? A guardiola?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by tempem: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by kindnyce(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Oga keshi,
Abeg enough of all these media war...

Get a club,get a job get a life...

Do the needful now that u got more time..

Move on witcha life..,let NFF BE.,,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Kasala contract.......na him sabi, make l spread mat with my kunu and kulikuli..... cool

4 Likes

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Elan83(m): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Am comin, mek i eat rice!
Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by VENTY0(f): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
NIGERIA sad
Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by mickyeddi(m): 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
Just do the needful and resign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by blessedvisky(m): 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
hmm. the. NFF is trying to control him. well, if he had performed better, this would not have been the case. so its left to him to choose his own path.

BTW, my fellow NLanders, this is the month the future of Nigeria would be determined. A lot of us already know who we support and we'll vote for barring any sudden occurrences. so I'll LIKE us to SHARE our views and support by clicking LIKE for GMB & SHARE for GEJ

17 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Meringe(m): 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
Then give them a poor service as usual.

Your ego left you at this poo.
You feel on top of the world after your lucky win at nation cup.

Pride goes before fail.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
Quit,dem tie your destiny with NFF ni?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by kliq(m): 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
Is Keshi expecting a master's/king's contract?

Crazy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi by yemluc: 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
Them force am !??

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Raoul Savoy: CAR Coach Explains How They Beat Super Eagles / 18-Year-Old Silas Nwankwo Joins Swedish Football Club, Mjällby AIF / Man United's Champions League Hopes Are Over After Arsenal Defeat - Rangnick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.