Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics (934 Views)

How Being A Nice Guy Affects Your Dating Life / See The Difference Between Dating A Boy And Dating A Man / True Life Story..how Small Manhood & Premature Ejac Almost Ruined My Dating Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by MacDanielz(m): 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hi everybody! This is my first time of creating a topic on nairaland so please even though what am about to type looks stupid, don't mind me............Am actually a student but there's this problem I've been having since I got into the higher institution, I've always been trying to find a balance between my date life and academics all to no avail, it got to a time the fear of drift in seriousness caught up with me (my course is tough, believe me. Physics with electronics) that I even forgot how to approach a girl (sounds funny but true), it haz somehow now been transformed to fear............Please BROs n SISs, I know nairaland is full of scholars, so as a student back then or even now, how did u find the balance Tenk you!
Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by temitemi1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
That's a very taugh thing bro! I will advice you to choose one that will be of benefit to u, if u can't cope with the two @ d same time.

1 Like

Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
You can't serve two masters at a time bro.
Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by sinaj(f): 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
meeehn! itz not eazy.

had to quit.
Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bro, your father didn't send you to school to go and date. He's spending money on your academics, not for you to use the money to spend on a girl and dates.

Life is a stage.

I can tell you that by the time you have achieved success with your academics and have gotten a very good job or you're in a profitable business, you can have 70% of girls you go after. . . It's not easy to keep to this though, cos all your friends are doing it and you may be pressurized to. But try.

1 Like

Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by TrishaP(f): 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
Academics should come first. Every other things are distractions for now.
Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by Titeb(m): 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
TrishaP:
Academics should come first. Every other things are distractions for now.
What about if the lady is schooling in another state?
Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
I am going to echo what everyone else done already said.....

Keep your head down

Stick your nose in the books.....for now.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

BTW: physics?? Hats off....Found physics really interesting in school, but it was far too abstract for my mind/brain to enjoy. It was a necessary evil I had to pass just to move on with my courses. I learned the basics tho--which was enough to explain the fundamentals of the physical world we live in. Ah yes...I remember all those equations.

But.....I diverge. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by Titeb(m): 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
Blackett:
Bro, your father didn't send you to school to go and date. He's spending money on your academics, not for you to use the money to spend on a girl and dates.

Life is a stage.

I can tell you that by the time you have achieved success with your academics and have gotten a very good job or you're in a profitable business, you can have 70% of girls you go after. . . It's not easy to keep to this though, cos all your friends are doing it and you may be pressurized to. But try.
What about if the lady is schooling in another
state?
Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2015
Titeb:

state?
Someone else is taking her out. Cut your losses and move on.
Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
Titeb:

state?

Listen, I think maybe I might have been a little too hasty in advising you....

Another state? Ok. You are not physically there all the time, but emotionally though? You can get attached emotionally.

Depending on your depths of your attachment to each other, long distance may be worse.

The bottom line is really: can you handle this? Give it a try, if it is disturbing your studies, then break away.

If it be fate or destiny, I'm sure you two will congregate at a more opportune time.
Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by TrishaP(f): 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
Titeb:

What about if the lady is schooling in another state?
If that's the case, then that makes it alot easier for him to concentrate more on his academics.

We only have one opportunity in this life, someone has to use it well.

1 Like

Re: Finding A Balance Between Dating Life And Academics by yorex2011: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
Well.. Similar csse for me.. My girlfriend still in school and she had to put a hold on our relationship so that she can focus more on her studies. Initially it felt awkward for me but I realised its probably for the best and i respect the decision. I'm giving her the time and space she needs. I just hope its worth it at the end.

So mr man.. Face ur studies if u knw u cant mix both.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Know A 'runs Girl' In Nigeria Universities / Mtn Female Customer Care Agent & I / Do You Have Any Idea Ab0ut This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.