Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? (52880 Views)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Scholar8200:

Now what is the goal of the law?
1. Kindly prove the prohibition of pork and name the punishment for it according to the Law.
2. Adulterers etc who do not repent will be condemned by God's judgement! The reply of Christ to those who wanted to stone the adulteress deserves your earnest consideration! In the NT, lust in the heart attracts the same judgement as adultery! I think that is higher.

Besides, sincerely answer this, what pleases God? External conformity with forms and rites or love from the heart that expresses itself in obedience and a passionate hatred for those things God hates and a determination to avoid them because you want to please Him? (
Grace through Jesus does the latter, religion of laws and forms/rites demands the former )

And who is qualified to punish his fellow man for sins in the light of the higher righteous standard revealed in the New Testament? WHO?

The New testament demands not just outward conformity while the heart is black and full of all hypocrisies etc It provides a transformation of heart that enables outward conformity! Else why:

Will God command me to stone a brother to death who backslides when I might as well have backslidden in heart long ago?
Will God command the murderer to be stoned to death when there are just as many among the executioners with hatred in their hearts?
(Murder=hate in the NT; they get the same judgement from God)
If A was a terrible criminal and A was saved by Grace, on what grounds would God ask A to kill other criminals? Was A ever better than they? Was it not His grace that changed A to a righteous person?
So Jesus do away with old Laws?, permits eating of pork? etc?. And bcus other men sin we should let go all sinners?. Well, listen to your fellow Christians. Are they wrong?. What does "Keep The Commandments" means?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak2WlWYHcqM
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
Empiree:
So Jesus do away with old Laws?, permits eating of pork? etc?. And bcus other men sin we should let go all sinners?. Well, listen to your fellow Christians. Are they wrong?. What does "Keep The Commandments" means?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak2WlWYHcqM
1. Concerning pork, kindly quote here the OT passage that forbids it and the repercussion for those who eat.

2. Jeremiah 31:31-33 distinctly prophesies a New Covenant that involves transformation inside out. Thus the Old was to give way for the New.

3. Before you condemn a sinner, examine your heart! For example before we amputate the hand of the thief, are we not guilty of covetousness in the heart and the NT ranks us as the same? We dont continue in either after we receive Grace thru Jesus though.

4. My phone cannot run a video but that quote you drew therefrom, ...
When the rich young ruler camme to Jesus and Jesus told Him to keep the commandments, remember that the ruler said he had been doing that already yet there was a lack, a void that Jesus pointed out, though indirectly, that only Him as Lord could fill. The Law was still in force, Jesus had not died then, however, the ruler had got to the point where the limitations of the law shone forth.
Why did Jesus not rebuke him when he said he had been keeping the commandments but still felt a lack? The Law had it's limits God purposed it that way. The dispensation of the NT through Christ that was prophesied by Jeremiah, Ezekiel etc was to take care of those limitations but all at God's time.

And Jesus pointed him to a life of surrendering to, and following after Jesus

In case the video dealt with another portion apart from this, kindly vouchsafe some excerpts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
Empiree:
What is covenant?. Remember we talked about this in the other thread but you gave up?.
No I didnt give up. However read this:
Jeremiah 31:31b,32a
...that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:[b]not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them...out of Egypt which my covenant they brake...
You can read further (i am not on a desktop).

Remember we talked about this as well in the other thread but you gave up?. Yes, they were instructed to obey and fulfill the Law but they always rebelled with their prophets

[Quran 2:87]

"And We did certainly give Moses the Torah and followed up after him with messengers. And We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, clear proofs and supported him with the Pure Spirit. But is it [not] that every time a messenger came to you, [O Children of Israel], with what your souls did not desire, you were arrogant? And a party [of messengers] you denied and another party you killed".
consider that passage above. They broke the covenant repeatedly and God said a New one was to be made (not immediately) and if you read further this New covenant was to deal with the heart because that is the controller of external actions.

@underlined, is there annything like true Gospel?.....which of the Gospel are you referring to, pls?
The 4 Gospels. I had to qualify it because of the purveyors of the contaminated ones on NL.
Besides, who is the Pure Spirit?

@bolded, Quran has this to say

2:97

'Say, "Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel - it is [none but] he who has brought the Qur'an down upon your heart, [O Muhammad], by permission of Allah , confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."
I thought some folks say it was read and recited? Perhaps that's why many want to learn it by memory. And who kept it there? Kindly shed more light. Besides is there any history of similar dealings with angels among the arabs? Can you quote directly from any hadiths?

16:102

Say, [O Muhammad], "The Pure Spirit has brought it down from your Lord in truth to make firm those who believe and as guidance and good tidings to the Muslims."

Again, what is Covenant?. Does it change the old Laws?

Who is that referring to?
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
Scholar8200:

1. Concerning pork, kindly quote here the OT passage that forbids it and the repercussion for those who eat.
Did u even care to watch the video?. Do you read ur Bible at all?. What is the bible verse below says to you?

Deuteronomy 14:8

"The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DLA_BRO4p4

Another video for u ^

Leviticus 11:7-8

"And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you."

2. Jeremiah 31:31-33 distinctly prophesies a New Covenant that involves transformation inside out. Thus the Old was to give way for the New.
This is talking about "children of Israel. You are not Israelite. You are christian. What does this has to do with you?. Besides, it says covenant is written in their heart?. Do Jews have the covenant in their heart?. Listen, Quran speaks of something similar. Jeremiah you quoted says Israelites broke the covenant and the Lord was going to make new one with them. What is the covenant and where is it now?. It's not even talking about Christianity.

3. Before you condemn a sinner, examine your heart! For example before we amputate the hand of the thief, are we not guilty of covetousness in the heart and the NT ranks us as the same? We dont continue in either after we receive Grace thru Jesus though.
So we should let the thief off the hook bcus we are also sinners?. Thief Quran is even talking about is not petty. It is talking about (qintar) big stuff like ur politicians who steal big. A hungry man who steals should be given job. His/her affairs should be reviewed before punishment is handed down. But in Christianity, you scrap it completely from your NT. This is why your politicians and pastors dont want shariah to to be implemented.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Scholar8200:

Who is that referring to?
Jubril (Angel Gabriel) alaiy salam. I cant help u with linguistic analysis of "brought in your earth" or "recite or read". It is clear enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
Empiree:
Jubril (Angel Gabriel) alaiy salam. I cant help u with linguistic analysis of "brought in your earth" or "recite or read". It is clear enough for the wise
Okay so we can infer that the Quran refers to angels as Pure spirits?
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
Scholar8200:
Okay so we can infer that the Quran refers to angels as Pure spirits?
Muslims have no problem with that.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
Scholar8200:
So you clear about pig meat or pork now or still believe it is edible?. What do you think of ur NT now?

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
Empiree:
Okay so we can infer that the Quran uses the term Pure spirit instead of the word angel for angels?
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
Scholar8200:
Okay so we can infer that the Quran uses the term Pure spirit instead of the word angel for angels?
It looks like you are about to get it twisted. I can sense that. Before you rip me off, let me quickly post arabic word used in the verse bcus oni bara e n bole bo grin

قُلۡ نَزَّلَهٗ [size=20pt]رُوۡحُ[/size] الۡقُدُسِ مِنۡ رَّبِّكَ بِالۡحَـقِّ لِيُثَبِّتَ الَّذِيۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا وَهُدًى وَّبُشۡرٰى لِلۡمُسۡلِمِيۡنَ

@bolded is "Ruh" which means 'pure spirit' is referred to Angel Gabriel in most cases throughout Quran

You can check other translations of the same verse. Ruh refers to Angel Gabriel.

Asad: Say: "Holy inspiration has brought it down from thy Sustainer by stages, setting forth the truth, so that it might give firmness unto those who have attained to faith, and provide guidance and a glad tiding unto all who have surrendered themselves to God."

Malik: Say, "The Holy Spirit (Gabriel) has brought it down piecemeal intact from your Rabb to strengthen the faith of the believers, and to give guidance and good news to the Muslims."

Pickthall: Say: The holy Spirit hath revealed it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).

Yusuf Ali: Say the Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in truth in order to strengthen those who believe and as a guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by promisechuks: 11:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
Empiree:
So you clear about pig meat or pork now or still believe it is edible?. What do you think of ur NT now?
Man please don't be deceived!

What enters a man's mouth can NEVER defile the person, making him a sinner.

Is it because people eat unclean things, that's what can make them lie, fornicate, be a paedophile and commit many atrocities? NO!!!

But as a man thinks, so is he.

We are not corrupt because we eat unclean things like pork, but because of what we think and bear in our heart and mind.

It is not the pork meat a man eats that urges him to bomb and kill innocent people but his wicked thinking.

Knowing this will let you know that, eating uncleans that you are comfortable with can't make you unclean.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by promisechuks: 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
Empiree:
It looks like you are about to get it twisted. I can sense that. Before you rip me off, let me quickly post arabic word used in the verse bcus oni bara e n bole bo grin

قُلۡ نَزَّلَهٗ [size=20pt]رُوۡحُ[/size] الۡقُدُسِ مِنۡ رَّبِّكَ بِالۡحَـقِّ لِيُثَبِّتَ الَّذِيۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا وَهُدًى وَّبُشۡرٰى لِلۡمُسۡلِمِيۡنَ

@bolded is "Ruh" which means 'pure spirit' is referred to Angel Gabriel in most cases throughout Quran

You can check other translations of the same verse. Ruh refers to Angel Gabriel.

Asad: Say: "Holy inspiration has brought it down from thy Sustainer by stages, setting forth the truth, so that it might give firmness unto those who have attained to faith, and provide guidance and a glad tiding unto all who have surrendered themselves to God."

Malik: Say, "The Holy Spirit (Gabriel) has brought it down piecemeal intact from your Rabb to strengthen the faith of the believers, and to give guidance and good news to the Muslims."

Pickthall: Say: The holy Spirit hath revealed it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).

Yusuf Ali: Say the Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in truth in order to strengthen those who believe and as a guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims.

You guys have been long deceived!

There is a clear difference between holyspirit and an Angle.

Don't put them together!

Angel is not holyspirit!

Angels are just our messengers and nothing more, while the holyspirit is the spirit of God that was in the life of Jesus that made him 100% divinity, which has been freely given as a spiritual gift to every believer of christ.

It is through that holyspirit you hear people performing miracles that are quite amazing like raising of the dead, instant healing of broken bones, the crippled, blind, deaf and dumb and the list goes on and on.

It is that holyspirit that we said is the third in trinity, but you guys were deceived that the third person(as we claim) is mary, which a balant lie from mohammed.

I will like to give you some hint on trinity.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 11:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
promisechuks:

Man please don't be deceived!
Dont be deceived by your own bible?. E so k grin u got caught grin

What enters a man's mouth can NEVER defile the person, making him a sinner.

Is it because people eat unclean things that can make them lie, fornicate, be a paedophile and commit many atrocities?
Listen to yourself...do u make sense Is there any correlation? smh

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by promisechuks: 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
Empiree:
Dont be deceived by your own bible?. E so k grin u got caught grin

Listen to yourself...do u make sense Is there any correlation? smh
See urself!

They are deceiving u!

So, it is because of pork meat or unclean things that people eat that makes them to be terrorists, rapists and hardened criminals?

I want to understand you more.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 12:05am On Feb 16, 2016
Empiree:
Did u even care to watch the video?.
by this question i see that you did not read my replies!

Do you read ur Bible at all?. What is the bible verse below says to you?

Deuteronomy 14:8

"The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DLA_BRO4p4

Another video for u ^

Leviticus 11:7-8

"And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you."
here is the problem! These quotes do not give any judgement or retribution! Why? They are purely ceremonial not moral! These ceremonial laws are not carried into the NT. But the moral laws with higher demands are found in the NT! Why? because grace is available to enable us do them!

This is talking about "children of Israel. You are not Israelite. You are christian. What does this has to do with you?.
Glad you asked!
The Seed of Abraham, the One through Whom the New covenant was to be sealed (He Himself said so) was to be He through Whom all the nations of the World (not only Abraham's biological descendants) would be blessed!
Psalm 22 was a prophecy of David on the death of Christ and it ends by showing that the Gentiles will be brought into this covenant in keeping with God's promise to Abraham
Psalm 22:27
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord and all kindreds of the world shall worship before thee same Psalm 72:11,
Psalm 98:3
Isaiah speaking of the renewal sealed it up thus:
...It is a light thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob(Israel)...I will also give you for a light to the Gentiles, that you may be my salvation to the ends of the Earth
Note the repetition of the ends of the earth, all the world etc in keeping to God's promise to Abraham.
there are many prophecies on the New Covenant and the benefits therein and the fact that the Gentiles are to be included!
In summary, the New Covenant is the Gospel!Jesus alluded to that in Matthew 26:28, Luke 24:44-47.

That is why when He came and some did not receive Him, as many as received Him were given the adoption!

Besides, it says covenant is written in their heart?. Do Jews have the covenant in their heart?.
The OT was sealed only when Israel indicated there commitment thereto Exodus 24:7,8 (note the role of the blood)! The NT is enforced only in those Who receive Him ie believe on His Name (not as a mere prophet)
Hence we have Christians who are jews and hristians who are gentiles. Any who truly believes is brought in and we become one in Christ!
So it did does not drop on Isreal by force, commitment of faith must be expressed!

Listen, Quran speaks of something similar. Jeremiah you quoted says Israelites broke the covenant and the Lord was going to make new one with them. What is the covenant and where is it now?. It's not even talking about Christianity.
Jeremiah was not the only one who prophesied such! Ezekiel did, Isaiah did etc In fact, Malachi called Jesus Lord and the Messenger of the Covenant:
Malachi 3:1
... And the Lord whom ye seek shall suddenly come...even the messenger of the Covenant...

Hence any claims should agree with all the prophecies!

So we should let the thief off the hook bcus we are also sinners?. Thief Quran is even talking about is not petty. It is talking about (qintar) big stuff like ur politicians who steal big. A hungry man who steals should be given job. His/her affairs should be reviewed before punishment is handed down.
I see. Jesus said My kingdom is not of this world. Hence we Christians cannot form a parallel govt with laws to punish societal offenders! That is why we have the govt in place.

But in Christianity, you scrap it completely from your NT. This is why your politicians and pastors dont want shariah to to be implemented.

Well, there is a separation of state from faith. Besides, no true believer will go to steal! If he does, either he has fallen or was never in: The detailed communal laws in the OT was so because a nation was just being born and God wanted it to be Theocratic! Now gentiles who believe are not called to try to make not their communities Theocratic, but their own lives and thus they have a positive influence.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 12:08am On Feb 16, 2016
Empiree:

okay Muslims believe Angel Gabriel=Holy Spirit?
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:12am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

See urself!

They are deceiving u!

So, it is because of pork meat or unclean things that people eat that makes them to be terrorists, rapists and hardened criminals?

I am going to ignore u soon. scholar8200 makes more sense than u
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by vzkpswaqnkhgytd: 12:15am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

See urself!

They are deceiving u!

You been smoking ganja or you drunk ? You make no sense.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 12:18am On Feb 16, 2016
Empiree:
When a command in the OT was moral, the judgement for disobedience was either death, being cut off, and was described as an abomination to God! Now was this said about pork?
Pray were Pigs in Eden? How come God made morally unclean animals? Were Pigs is Noah's ark? Why didnt God seize that opportunity to wipe out the unclean animal? Summary? They were ceremonially tagged not as though they were intrinsically unclean.
Besides, Jesus clearly and openly declared that meats do not defile! Rather it is the sins that come out of a sinful heart! Mark 7:18-23
Pls let's not discuss this any further till you have read that reference.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by vzkpswaqnkhgytd: 12:32am On Feb 16, 2016
Pigs are walking garage disposal units what man with faculty of reasoning would even consider ingesting the flesh of the swine.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:35am On Feb 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
by this question i see that you did not read my replies!
I did actually. You said u are mobile.

here is the problem! These quotes do not give any judgement or retribution! Why? They are purely ceremonial not moral! These ceremonial laws are not carried into the NT. But the moral laws with higher demands are found in the NT! Why? because grace is available to enable us do them!
I didnt say there is any. Rather it is a pure command and warning. Quran does not give judgement either. It says to abstain from it. The statement is very clear. I dont know why you people chose to ignore. The implication of eating pork is manifest in the world now. "Retribution" can be proven and has been proven scientifically. When you get the chance, watch the pastor again. It's moral too. Anytime God used command tune in Holy Books, like "Do not", common sense tells you there is repercussion either in this world or hereafter. Pretty simple. You cant ignore the fact that your Bible says pork is unclean and you are FORBIDDEN from eating it. Thats my point.

Glad you asked!
The Seed of Abraham, the One through Whom the New covenant was to be sealed (He Himself said so) was to be He through Whom all the nations of the World (not only Abraham's biological descendants) would be blessed!
Psalm 22 was a prophecy of David on the death of Christ and it ends by showing that the Gentiles will be brought into this covenant in keeping with God's promise to Abraham
Psalm 22:27
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord and all kindreds of the world shall worship before thee same Psalm 72:11,
Psalm 98:3
Isaiah speaking of the renewal sealed it up thus:
...It is a light thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob(Israel)...I will also give you for a light to the Gentiles, that you may be my salvation to the ends of the Earth
Note the repetition of the ends of the earth, all the world etc in keeping to God's promise to Abraham.
there are many prophecies on the New Covenant and the benefits therein and the fact that the Gentiles are to be included!
In summary, the New Covenant is the Gospel!Jesus alluded to that in Matthew 26:28, Luke 24:44-47.

That is why when He came and some did not receive Him, as many as received Him were given the adoption!

The OT was sealed only when Israel indicated there commitment thereto Exodus 24:7,8 (note the role of the blood)! The NT is enforced only in those Who receive Him ie believe on His Name (not as a mere prophet)
Hence we have Christians who are jews and hristians who are gentiles. Any who truly believes is brought in and we become one in Christ!
So it did does not drop on Isreal by force, commitment of faith must be expressed!

Jeremiah was not the only one who prophesied such! Ezekiel did, Isaiah did etc In fact, Malachi called Jesus Lord and the Messenger of the Covenant:
Malachi 3:1
... And the Lord whom ye seek shall suddenly come...even the messenger of the Covenant...

Hence any claims should agree with all the prophecies!

I see. Jesus said My kingdom is not of this world. Hence we Christians cannot form a parallel govt with laws to punish societal offenders! That is why we have the govt in place.

Well, there is a separation of state from faith. Besides, no true believer will go to steal! If he does, either he has fallen or was never in: The detailed communal laws in the OT was so because a nation was just being born and God wanted it to be Theocratic! Now gentiles who believe are not called to try to make not their communities Theocratic, but their own lives and thus they have a positive influence.
You Christians really misunderstood covenant issue. I cleared it up here
https://www.nairaland.com/2922804/truthman2012/1#42769839
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:36am On Feb 16, 2016
vzkpswaqnkhgytd:
Pigs are walking garage disposal units what man with faculty of reasoning would even consider ingesting the flesh of the swine.
Abeg, tell them.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:37am On Feb 16, 2016
vzkpswaqnkhgytd:

You notice that too?. He doesnt

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by vzkpswaqnkhgytd: 12:37am On Feb 16, 2016
This is why the final Testament, the Quran was revealed. Makes everything clear and simple to keep us on the straight path.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:38am On Feb 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
okay Muslims believe Angel Gabriel=Holy Spirit?
Yup
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:49am On Feb 16, 2016
Scholar8200:

When a command in the OT was moral, the judgement for disobedience was either death, being cut off, and was described as an abomination to God! Now was this said about pork?
Pray were Pigs in Eden? How come God made morally unclean animals? Were Pigs is Noah's ark? Why didnt God seize that opportunity to wipe out the unclean animal? Summary? They were ceremonially tagged not as though they were intrinsically unclean.
Besides, Jesus clearly and openly declared that meats do not defile! Rather it is the sins that come out of a sinful heart! Mark 7:18-23
Pls let's not discuss this any further till you have read that reference.
Seems you dont get it. When your Bible said in OT pork is FORBIDDEN, this is enough to abstain from it. You do not know better than creator. He has reason for saying not to eat pork. Quran does not give earthly punishment for it either. It simply warns us....which means there is danger in it. It is up to us to reason and research but we must obey His command first.

In these verses of Quran, they are enough instructions and warning to not eat pork. Pretty simple.

“He has forbidden you only dead animals, and blood, and the swine, and that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for other than God.” (Quran 2:173)

"Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience". (Al-Mā'idah 5:3)

Say, "I do not find within that which was revealed to me [anything] forbidden to one who would eat it unless it be a dead animal or blood spilled out or the flesh of swine - for indeed, it is impure - or it be [that slaughtered in] disobedience, dedicated to other than Allah" (Al-'An`ām 6:145).

"He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah". (An-Naĥl 16:115)

There is no earthly punishment mentioned in the Quran either. We only obey God by abstaining. God Himself determines punishment in the Hereafter. He may also choose to forgive.

“When God and His Messenger have decreed a matter, they (the believers) should not have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys God and His Messenger; he has indeed strayed into a plain error.” (Quran 33:36)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by promisechuks: 6:13am On Feb 16, 2016
vzkpswaqnkhgytd:

Man sharrap!

Answer my question!

You see what religion has turn you into because mohammed came and put you guys into the law that Jesus came yrs before mohammed and free everybody from law
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by vzkpswaqnkhgytd: 6:32am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

Man sharrap!

Answer my question!

You see what religion has turn you into because mohammed came and put you guys into the law that Jesus came yrs before mohammed and free everybody from law

Are you skipping your meds again?

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by promisechuks: 6:54am On Feb 16, 2016
Empiree:
Abeg, tell them.
Please, don't prove your foolishness, just answer this question to get some mess out of your mind.

How does eating unclean things like pork defiles a man?
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by vzkpswaqnkhgytd: 6:59am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

Please, don't prove your foolishness, just answer this question to get some mess out of your mind.

How does eating unclean things like pork defiles a man?

Sometimes I wonder if your buttocks get jealous of the excrement that flies out of your face
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 7:02am On Feb 16, 2016
Empiree:
Seems you dont get it. When your Bible said in OT pork is FORBIDDEN, this is enough to abstain from it. You do not know better than creator. He has reason for saying not to eat pork. Quran does not give earthly punishment for it either. It simply warns us....which means there is danger in it. It is up to us to reason and research but we must obey His command first.

In these verses of Quran, they are enough instructions and warning to not eat pork. Pretty simple.

“He has forbidden you only dead animals, and blood, and the swine, and that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for other than God.” (Quran 2:173)

"Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience". (Al-Mā'idah 5:3)

Say, "I do not find within that which was revealed to me [anything] forbidden to one who would eat it unless it be a dead animal or blood spilled out or the flesh of swine - for indeed, it is impure - or it be [that slaughtered in] disobedience, dedicated to other than Allah" (Al-'An`ām 6:145).

"He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah". (An-Naĥl 16:115)

There is no earthly punishment mentioned in the Quran either. We only obey God by abstaining. God Himself determines punishment in the Hereafter. He may also choose to forgive.

“When God and His Messenger have decreed a matter, they (the believers) should not have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys God and His Messenger; he has indeed strayed into a plain error.” (Quran 33:36)

Well, the Law was given to Israel, notice that the Gentiles (who made no distinctions between meats) then were to be admitted to Israel's passover only if they yielded to circumcision nothing was said about meats to them. Even in Acts 15:28,29, only a minimal part was, through the Holy Spirit's leading handed to them. The goal of the NT is reconciliation to God and holiness of heart and life, not proselytizing of Gentiles to Jewish practices.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 7:03am On Feb 16, 2016
Empiree:
Yup
Are other angels also so described or only Gabriel?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Social Distancing In Akwa Ibom Church (Photo) / The Koran Reveals That Jesus Is God... / Avoid These Sexual Pleasures In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.