Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (139994 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by BizBloke(m): 2:58pm On May 12, 2015
frebor:

You can like to do forensics o wink... Thanks for the corrections.

Lol @ forensics. It comes with the territory: The devil is always in the details. smiley

You're welcome.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by ryusufu(m): 7:49pm On May 12, 2015
Access bnk
Visa crd
N208/$
I've done transaction on amazon today
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 3:35am On May 13, 2015
UBA's rate is bloody right now.

I decided to test the waters by making a purchase of $8.94 on ebay by 2:23am today. i was debited 1994naira i.e 223naira to a dollar.

I can't wait for my stanbic master card to be ready, hopefully by friday it should be.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Adwexky(m): 8:12am On May 13, 2015
einsteino:

I decided to test the waters by making a purchase of $8.94 on ebay by 2:23am today. i was debited 1994naira i.e 223naira to a dollar.

I can't wait for my stanbic master card to be ready, hopefully by friday it should be.

Which bank has the most friendly exchange rate?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2015
Adwexky:

stanbic i think
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 9:33am On May 14, 2015
FBN $218
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Cvesta(m): 1:26pm On May 14, 2015
GTB just cheated me...made an ebay payment via paypal for $245.35 of which #51522.96 was deducted at an exchange rate of $209.99...seller refunded me next day cos of product unavailability, but GTB only officially refunded me #48947.33 last nite...a shortfall of 2575.63 at an exchange rate of $199.5...i have mailed my grieviance to their mail...what other action can i take please? anyone with mails of relevant super ordinate agencies to petition?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tonjeola(m): 1:32pm On May 14, 2015
Adwexky:

Stanbic bank
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 1:58pm On May 14, 2015
pls what is the exchange rate for uba or gtb today?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:15pm On May 14, 2015
Cvesta:
GTB just cheated me...made an ebay payment via paypal for $245.35 of which #51522.96 was deducted at an exchange rate of $209.99...seller refunded me next day cos of product unavailability, but GTB only officially refunded me #48947.33 last nite...a shortfall of 2575.63 at an exchange rate of $199.5...i have mailed my grieviance to their mail...what other action can i take please? anyone with mails of relevant super ordinate agencies to petition?

mavinc4u:
FBN $218

einsteino:

ryusufu:
Access bnk
Visa crd
N208/$
I've done transaction on amazon today

All updated mates

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by worldstevo: 4:22pm On May 14, 2015
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Cvesta(m): 5:22pm On May 14, 2015
Stanley08:

All updated mates
How di I go about the issue I raised above with regards to GTB crooked refund
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 6:56pm On May 14, 2015
Cvesta:

How di I go about the issue I raised above with regards to GTB crooked refund

We have all lost money to the dollar ish, the severity differs ni. I still lost some money trying to add my card on paypal some days ago. As you have already mailed customer care, let's await their reply.

In the open market, the price of buying dollars and selling dollars is different. The banks, after charging their commission and VAT, create a relative disparity in the charges. So in refunding the monies, they should give back the commission, ideally. I'm sure they will give an excuse in the light of the market situation, though.

We have one of us here that got back the complete money, let's hope it works out in your favor too.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Cvesta(m): 8:15pm On May 14, 2015
[quote author=frebor post=33740111]
See their silly Reply Below..anyone with usefull info to help like links to the right authorities to take the matter to..i have the time..am leaving that bank soon along with my funds thats for sure.

Dear ......
We acknowledge the receipt of your mail.

Please be informed that the difference was due to the exchange rate applied as at the time the refund was processed. Please note that these rates vary daily but are highly competitive and usually lower than the parallel market.

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mariesio: 7:29pm On May 15, 2015
Hello House, which bank has the friendliest exchange rate especially on PayPal.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by sluvy4tune(m): 7:30pm On May 15, 2015
Access bank

208 to a dollar

still on still stanbic card loading.......
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 10:26am On May 16, 2015
einsteino:

Which UBA card did you used? I know that UBA Africard is low. They charge me btween $203 to $205. I told Stanley to specify whether Visa Africard or Mastercard
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 11:19am On May 16, 2015
[quote author=Cvesta post=33742402][/quote]

Send them a detailed mail and copy CBN, check this thread for their email. The dollar rate is still on the high so your money should have returned the same or higher and not lower.

Meanwhile Stanbic service is very useless except for their rate.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mariesio: 11:24am On May 16, 2015
mavinc4u:

Send them a detailed mail and copy CBN, check this thread for their email. The dollar rate is still on the high so your money should have returned the same or higher and not lower.

Pls throw more light on Stanbic ...thinking of opening acc with them
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 11:52am On May 16, 2015
mavinc4u:

how is stanbic service useless? i bank with gtb, diamond(even gat fixed deposit dere), fidelit and uba(current acct), yet never have i seen such prompt and diligent customer care service like stanbic. to even think my stanbic has just a few change in it and still these guys take their time to resolve any issues i have. they call, send mails and reply asap. the only thing is they have lots of protocols, obviously to protect u and also indemnify them.

3 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by opeyemmmy(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2015
mavinc4u:

Hey sis, what's the issue with Stanbic's service?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Goodnuel: 1:37pm On May 16, 2015
Today

@ 1:06 pm

Access bank

#243.36 for $1.17

>>
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 1:57pm On May 16, 2015
Goodnuel:
Today

Access bank

#243.36 for $1.17

>>
calculate it na...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Cvesta(m): 2:24pm On May 16, 2015
mavinc4u:

I have mailed CBN via cpd@cbn.gov.ng with copy of my mail to GTB and GT's flimsy excuse as well as attached screenshots of details of both the debiting and crediting yesterday ..i am waiting for their response..Thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Goodnuel: 3:52pm On May 16, 2015
Jeffy1206:
calculate it na...
What's there to calculate??

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:34pm On May 16, 2015
Goodnuel:
Today
Access bank
#243.36 for $1.17
>>
208. Next time please just write the rate too.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Goodnuel: 6:12pm On May 16, 2015
Stanley08:

208. Next time please just write the rate too.
Ok bro.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by temitimx19(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2015
GTbank #210.13/$
Dunno why am still using GTBank am porting to stabic bank, please any idea on how many days it would take to get a MasterCard from stabic bank
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mariesio: 10:28pm On May 16, 2015
Pls can someone pls specify which is better with Stanbic bank----MasterCard or Visa? Kindly state the reason why its better.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 5:28am On May 17, 2015
temitimx19:
GTbank #210.13/$
Dunno why am still using GTBank am porting to stabic bank, please any idea on how many days it would take to get a MasterCard from stabic bank
7 "working" days. and there are some protocols to get it activated for online shopping
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by temitimx19(m): 11:49pm On May 17, 2015
einsteino:
7 "working" days. and there are some protocols to get it activated for online shopping
Protocols like wat please share?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 7:03am On May 18, 2015
Good morning Y'all..pls wat bank is best to link with paypal? I need to make a paypal payment I need to know how to go about doin that..thanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.