Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (140108 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 6:15am On May 24, 2015
Stanbic ibtc is the worse bank I have seen or used. If not for cheaper rate, I would never suggest opening an account with that useless bank to anyone.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 1:01pm On May 24, 2015
mavinc4u:
Stanbic ibtc is the worse bank I have seen or used. If not for cheaper rate, I would never suggest opening an account with that useless bank to anyone.

What did they do?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 24, 2015
If you do a lot of online purchases, you will really hare stanbic service. But the rate mehnnn....
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 8:41pm On May 24, 2015
tumababa:
If you do a lot of online purchases, you will really hare stanbic service. But the rate mehnnn....

mavinc4u:

Oya make una share your experience nau
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 8:43pm On May 24, 2015
jerrygome:

What did they do?

My dear, they did alot of things, from address verification to online banking login issue to sms alert. So many holds on the account. In fact am really pissed off. Imagine transferring money from my account with another bank to stanbic to make purchase, they would place a hold on the money saying CBN told them to investigate any saving account receiving 1M and above in their account before releasing it. Whether their staffs at the head office are blind to see that am both the sender and receiver is what I can't really explain. I have told them that very soon I would copy CBN in the next mail I would send to them so that they would explain all their lies to CBN. I wonder why on earth will a bank hold a transaction that does not have any issues since they have the customers KYC and BVN number. They will hear it from me this night for making me miss some juicy offer today.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 8:55pm On May 24, 2015
mavinc4u:

My dear, they did alot of things, from address verification to online banking login issue to sms alert. So many holds on the account. In fact am really pissed off. Imagine transferring money from my account with another bank to stanbic to make purchase, they would place a hold on the money saying CBN told them to investigate any saving account receiving 1M and above in their account before releasing it. Whether their staffs at the head office are blind to see that am both the sender and receiver is what I can't really explain. I have told them that very soon I would copy CBN in the next mail I would send to them so that they would explain all their lies to CBN. I wonder why on earth will a bank hold a transaction that does not have any issues since they have the customers KYC and BVN number. They will hear it from me this night for making me miss some juicy offer today.

Ehyah... Sorry ehn

Maybe it's a peculiar issue sha, they didn't even come for address Verification, Internet banking registration was a breeze. I don't like how they remove the sms charge per transaction but I can live with it.

My card was declined once though, until I updated my BVN, it was rectified same day.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 10:14pm On May 24, 2015
frebor:

Ehyah... Sorry ehn

Maybe it's a peculiar issue sha, they didn't even come for address Verification, Internet banking registration was a breeze. I don't like how they remove the sms charge per transaction but I can live with it.

My card was declined once though, until I updated my BVN, it was rectified same day.

Stanbic does not joke with address verification and BVN. They must have gone to your address but you didn't know. I only got to know when I had issue logining on the internet banking. It was then their customer care said there is a hold on my account due to address verification coming out as negative, the guy they sent for verification went to another side even when my address was explanatory to them. Finally, it was resolved then I transfered some money to the account and another hold came up which I did my explantion to them on phone and they promise they would adjust the settings to always allow me transfer money without issues but they have did because another money I transfered on thursday was placed on hold again and they claimed it would be done before the close of work on friday. They sent me a mail before the close of work that the issue has been resolved only for me to try it today and noticed it was not done. From my call to their customer care today, they said the problem is from the branch, probaby I opened account at the wrong branch that has a lot of incompetent staffs.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 11:18pm On May 24, 2015
mavinc4u:

Stanbic does not joke with address verification and BVN. They must have gone to your address but you didn't know. I only got to know when I had issue logining on the internet banking. It was then their customer care said there is a hold on my account due to address verification coming out as negative, the guy they sent for verification went to another side even when my address was explanatory to them. Finally, it was resolved then I transfered some money to the account and another hold came up which I did my explantion to them on phone and they promise they would adjust the settings to always allow me transfer money without issues but they have did because another money I transfered on thursday was placed on hold again and they claimed it would be done before the close of work on friday. They sent me a mail before the close of work that the issue has been resolved only for me to try it today and noticed it was not done. From my call to their customer care today, they said the problem is from the branch, probaby I opened account at the wrong branch that has a lot of incompetent staffs.

I understand, maybe some people are just lucky. The way the customer care lady asked about my address, I knew she was not gonna come, maybe I'm wrong sha.

I recieved my account login details while at the bank after I submitted the form. I logged in right away, I had not even gotten my ATM card by this time.

I know for sure that If you are transferring money from the StanbicIBTC account to another bank, the default limit is 100k unless you have filled the email indemnity form and one other form like this. I don't know if this limit extends to receiving money too.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:35am On May 25, 2015
I think we are defeating the purpose of this group.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 5:57am On May 25, 2015
I hope Stanbic won't increase rate with this economy meltdown
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mariesio: 3:13pm On May 25, 2015
frebor:

I understand, maybe some people are just lucky. The way the customer care lady asked about my address, I knew she was not gonna come, maybe I'm wrong sha.

I recieved my account login details while at the bank after I submitted the form. I logged in right away, I had not even gotten my ATM card by this time.

All banks do the address verification but you will not know

I know for sure that If you are transferring money from the StanbicIBTC account to another bank, the default limit is 100k unless you have filled the email indemnity form and one other form like this. I don't know if this limit extends to receiving money too.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2015
StanbicIBTC
Mastercard
Amazon
N199.5/$
25th May.

Added my card to PayPal, dem remove N389.03 and returned N388.05 for the $1.95 charge.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2015
Stanbic feeling the heat already... Once they get enough customers I see them increasing rate... lipsrsealed
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tyconcepts(f): 6:28pm On May 25, 2015
Save for their rates.....Stanbic bank is a crazy bank seriously. I had to abadon my issues with them till later coz I got tired of their wahala...From Internet banking profile >>>> BVN issues >>>> ATM wahala >>>> customer service wasting my credit.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 25, 2015
tyconcepts:
Save for their rates.....Stanbic bank is a crazy bank seriously. I had to abadon my issues with them till later coz I got tired of their wahala...From Internet banking profile >>>> BVN issues >>>> ATM wahala >>>> customer service wasting my credit.

thought i was the only one..... rate still ₦199.5 tho.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by miqos02(m): 8:38pm On May 25, 2015
Jeffy1206:
Stanbic feeling the heat already... Once they get enough customers I see them increasing rate... lipsrsealed
i doubt that because stanbic is a bank with foreign connections so they can't afford to do round tripping like other banks, it will tarnish their image
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 5:58am On May 26, 2015
mavinc4u:

They've got crazy restrictions which can be very annoying
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 2:30pm On May 26, 2015
Zenith bank Mastercard
219.5 to $1 AliExpress transaction
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 26, 2015
jerrygome:

They've got crazy restrictions which can be very annoying

did a transfer of 70k to gtb and it was ok. did another 11k to ecobank and it failed. they said i shd contact customer care. waiting for their reason. stanbic na one chance i swear!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 26, 2015
tumababa:

did a transfer of 70k to gtb and it was ok. did another 11k to ecobank and it failed. they said i shd contact customer care. waiting for their reason. stanbic na one chance i swear!!!!!!!!!!!

after 1 hour. no reply. been on the phone for 5 mins, no one to talk to. i am really not happy with stanbic. the only thing good about them is d rate. any other service you use with them will be a 30% success service rate. good luck using them.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mariesio: 4:42pm On May 26, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
Zenith bank Mastercard 219.5 to $1 AliExpress transaction
That's crazy! !!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 5:42pm On May 26, 2015
tumababa:

You must've faulted one of their yeye restriction , which unfortunately is never fully spelt out till you fault it. My cousin opened an account with his school ID and got someone to transfer 40k to the account. The guy wait sotey to see alert no way!

He stormed the branch and asked what's cooking. He was then told it was a Tier 1 account. That he needs to bring a valid ID ( driver's licence, National ID etc) to upgrade the account. Then he was told the maximum money transferable to a Tier 1 account is 20K! Nobody told him this when he was opening oooo!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 26, 2015
jerrygome:

You must've faulted one of their yeye restriction , which unfortunately is never fully spelt out till you fault it. My cousin opened an account with his school ID and got someone to transfer 40k to the account. The guy wait sotey to see alert no way!

He stormed the branch and asked what's cooking. He was then told it was a Tier 1 account. That he needs to bring a valid ID ( driver's licence, National ID etc) to upgrade the account. Then he was told the maximum money transferable to a Tier 1 account is 20K! Nobody told him this when he was opening oooo!

i wish i had a better option but for now when it comes to dollar rate, stanbic all d way....
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 7:52pm On May 26, 2015
tumababa:

i wish i had a better option but for now when it comes to dollar rate, stanbic all d way....

You are 200% right...the silver lining..
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 26, 2015
tumababa:

they finally replied and said it was due to network problem! it can be frustrating, but when i look at the rate, i stay glued to them... grin grin grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 8:16pm On May 26, 2015
jerrygome:

I was told about this particular restriction, i waited till I travelled back home to get my driver's license.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Marpol: 11:41am On May 27, 2015
Stanbic charged me N208.5 on Amazon. Mastercard. Pls how do you guys get the N199.5 exchange rate?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 11:44am On May 27, 2015
Marpol:
Stanbic charged me N208.5 on Amazon. Mastercard. Pls how do you guys get the N199.5 exchange rate?

how did u do your calculation? do u know how much you paid at checkout?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Marpol: 11:58am On May 27, 2015
tumababa:

how did u do your calculation? do u know how much you paid at checkout?

I opted to pay in Naira and was told Mastercard conversion rate is N208.52. Or should I opt to pay in dollars?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 11:59am On May 27, 2015
Marpol:

I opted to pay in Naira and was told Mastercard conversion rate is N208.52. Or should I opt to pay in dollars?

never pay in naira on amazon. always pay in dollars

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Marpol: 12:00pm On May 27, 2015
tumababa:

never pay in naira on amazon. always pay in dollars

Even thou my mastercard is in Naira?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 27, 2015
Marpol:

Even thou my mastercard is in Naira?
yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.