Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (140250 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 8:41am On May 18, 2015
Please how much % do paypal charge if one need to buy something of 1000 dollar? Thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:27am On May 18, 2015
Stanbic today, still 199.5

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:28am On May 18, 2015
jesbu:
Please how much % do paypal charge if one need to buy something of 1000 dollar? Thanks
5%
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 9:58am On May 18, 2015
Jeffy1206:
5%
Thanks very much
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mariesio: 11:07am On May 18, 2015
dejive:
Good morning Y'all..pls wat bank is best to link with paypal? I need to make a paypal payment I need to know how to go about doin that..thanx

Being using Access for 2 weeks now....#208/$
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 11:21am On May 18, 2015
Jeffy1206:
5%
you mean paypal charges it's buyers? i used to think the charge is on seller only
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2015
I want to know if you guys pay tax if you buy items in united state
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 11:46am On May 18, 2015
jesbu:
I want to know if you guys pay tax if you buy items in united state

yes atimes. amazon sometimes includes it in the purchase. depends on what you are buying and from what store. on ebay also, some sellers include tax depending on what state in the u.s they reside in.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2015
einsteino:

yes atimes. amazon sometimes includes it in the purchase. depends on what you are buying and from what store. on ebay also, some sellers include tax depending on what state in the u.s they reside in.

Thanks very much i appreciate. Does the tax include the 5 % chager paypal chagers?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 12:05pm On May 18, 2015
einsteino:
you mean paypal charges it's buyers? i used to think the charge is on seller only
yes it's on the seller but the seller will never agree to pay or bear the burden...they always insist you pay or they add it to what you are buying .
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 12:11pm On May 18, 2015
Jeffy1206:
yes it's on the seller but the seller will never agree to pay or bear the burden...they always insist you pay or they add it to what you are buying .
Please jeffy can you inbox me your number need to ask u some few things thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 1:23pm On May 18, 2015
Jeffy1206:

Am still at a loss on how this thing works out. are you saying when i purchase an item after the seller has boldy stated it is say 1000usd and accepts paypal as a payment method. when i proceed to pay with paypal, the seller would add 5%(50usd) to the 1000usd after i have completed the transaction. if yes, that would mean paypal would come back to debit me after the transaction. so my transaction statement should read 1050usd, i am yet to experience this despite having used paypal for months.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 18, 2015
dejive:
Good morning Y'all..pls wat bank is best to link with paypal? I need to make a paypal payment I need to know how to go about doin that..thanx
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:00pm On May 18, 2015
jesbu:

Please jeffy can you inbox me your number need to ask u some few things thanks
my details are below this post... My signature.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2015
einsteino:

Am still at a loss on how this thing works out. are you saying when i purchase an item after the seller has boldy stated it is say 1000usd and accepts paypal as a payment method. when i proceed to pay with paypal, the seller would add 5%(50usd) to the 1000usd after i have completed the transaction. if yes, that would mean paypal would come back to debit me after the transaction. so my transaction statement should read 1050usd, i am yet to experience this despite having used paypal for months.
it's between you and your seller... Normally the onus is on him to pay not the buyer. May be out of the 1000USD, he might have added the percentage without you knowing... You can ask the seller if you wish... But I'll say not necessary as you will not be charged apart from the 1000USD you sent.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by temitimx19(m): 8:27pm On May 18, 2015
[quote author=dejive post=33856849][/quote] You can use any bank as long as you use a MasterCard ATM for that bank.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:08pm On May 18, 2015
einsteino:

90% of USA transaction is on the seller, 70% of most Chinese transation is on buyer @ 4.4% while Dubai 100% of the times is on buyer. these are the few countries I've tried transaction with

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by ryusufu(m): 7:27am On May 19, 2015
Gtbank
Mastercard
For a transaction done on Amazon, i was charged N209.99/$ as of yesterday 18th, May, 2015
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by piscesgem(m): 8:25am On May 19, 2015
UBA Mastercard
Ebay/paypal transaction
18/05/2015
$26.83 / #5,833.92
#217.440179
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by piscesgem(m): 8:26am On May 19, 2015
UBA Debit Mastercard
Ebay/paypal transaction
18/05/2015
$26.83 / #5,833.92
#217.440179
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordmayor4(m): 12:29pm On May 19, 2015
urgent need... does anyone know any company legit that can help me make payment via PayPal ASAP.. mine has a lil problem

contact via whatsapp signature
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 12:33pm On May 19, 2015
lordmayor4:
urgent need... does anyone know any company legit that can help me make payment via PayPal ASAP.. mine has a lil problem

contact via whatsapp signature
I can do that for you...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 1:28pm On May 19, 2015
Please is there anyway to get the paypal transaction code before it reflects on my bank statement? i am kinda in a hurry to purchase some stuffs and waiting days for the alert is torturous
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 4:55pm On May 19, 2015
einsteino:
Please is there anyway to get the paypal transaction code before it reflects on my bank statement? i am kinda in a hurry to purchase some stuffs and waiting days for the alert is torturous
call customer service they will email it to you.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 5:08pm On May 19, 2015
temitimx19:

Protocols like wat please share?

Well there are not much per say, unfortunately there is little information among the customer-care at the help-desk in the banking hall on the necessary things to be done. So it keeps one in a rendezvous, the online customer-care are better informed and i have since stopped using the ones in the banking hall. To answer your question, if you would like to use your card for online shopping these are the things you should do.

when opening your account, ask for internet banking to be enabled(you don't necessarily need mobile banking). after your account has been opened and you have received your internet banking username, you will notice your internet banking profile is limited. mail customer-care regarding the issue, they will send you two forms as attachment via mail, an indemnity form and a self service/internet banking registration form. print it out, fill it and sign.. then scan and attach as a reply mail to them(ehm you can use your phone as a scanner). then once you have a received a mail notifying you that it has been resolved, mail customer care or visit the nearest branch requesting for a form with which you would update your mum's maiden name. once this has been done, all you need to wait for is your atm card(usually takes 7 working days). as soon as you get it and change its pin, you are good to go. you can start shopping immediately. Thats all the protocol you need, just schedule them the way i did so as to get it promptly.

Note: SMS alert carry a 4naira charge on each, i asked for mine to be completely deactivated since i receive emails 24/7 on my phone.

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 5:19pm On May 19, 2015
Jeffy1206:
call customer service they will email it to you.

Thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 7:51pm On May 19, 2015
Please who has recently paid in Euro using Ecobank? also if one intends to withdraw in euro/dollar from an ATM overseas is it going to be exchanged at the same rate for online shopping or is it going to be at CBN rate? i am already aware of the N240 service charge withdrawing from an ATM overseas would attract.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 8:10pm On May 19, 2015
einsteino:

Well there are not much per say, unfortunately there is little information among the customer-care at the help-desk in the banking hall on the necessary things to be done. So it keeps one in a rendezvous, the online customer-care are better informed and i have since stopped using the ones in the banking hall. To answer your question, if you would like to use your card for online shopping these are the things you should do.

when opening your account, ask for internet banking to be enabled(you don't necessarily need mobile banking). after your account has been opened and you have received your internet banking username, you will notice your internet banking profile is limited. mail customer-care regarding the issue, they will send you two forms as attachment via mail, an indemnity form and a self service/internet banking registration form. print it out, fill it and sign.. then scan and attach as a reply mail to them(ehm you can use your phone as a scanner). then once you have a received a mail notifying you that it has been resolved, mail customer care or visit the nearest branch requesting for a form with which you would update your mum's maiden name. once this has been done, all you need to wait for is your atm card(usually takes 7 working days). as soon as you get it and change its pin, you are good to go. you can start shopping immediately. Thats all the protocol you need, just schedule them the way i did so as to get it promptly.

Note: SMS alert carry a 4naira charge on each, i asked for mine to be completely deactivated since i receive emails 24/7 on my phone.

I have they deactivated your SMS alert?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 19, 2015
Stanbic protocol you will go through is worse than going through hell. If not for their exchange rate, I won't have up to ₦ 50 in dat account. After activating mobile banking I still need to call cc to remove limit. Same with Internet banking. Been calling for 20mins( wasted 400 ₦ ) no reply. Sent mail no reply.
You need all the patience in the www to use Stanbic!!!

Even when you go to the bank you will be told to call cc. WTF!!!!!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mariesio: 8:43pm On May 19, 2015
tumababa:
Stanbic protocol you will go through is worse than going through hell. If not for their exchange rate, I won't have up to ₦ 50 in dat account. After activating mobile banking I still need to call cc to remove limit. Same with Internet banking. Been calling for 20mins( wasted 400 ₦ ) no reply. Sent mail no reply.
You need all the patience in the www to use Stanbic!!!

Even when you go to the bank you will be told to call cc. WTF!!!!!

Like seriously Just opened mine today. Waiting for the account no and card
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 8:43pm On May 19, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:

I have they deactivated your SMS alert?

Yes they did it about 3 hours after i mailed them demanding for it to be deactivated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.